InuYasha Fan Fiction / Shugo Chara Fan Fiction ❯ Nas Ne Dogonyat ❯ Emotions ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Auroua: Hey peeps. Sorry about the long-ass wait. My internet went all jank and when it did start working again, I was having to get my grade in Chemistry back up. Got a couple mid-terms coming up and then it's the final exams. I got a freaking A in every class except for Chem. I have a F in that damn class! I don't know what's wrong with me and science nowadays. I miss my straight A average that I had before science got confusing. *Goes to cry in a corner*
Nagihiko: Meanwhile, Auroua-chan would like to point out the fact of creating a regular updating schedule. Be on the look out for it.
Auroua: Right-O! Okay, so what are you still doing up here? The chapter is below~
-
Chapter 4: Emotions.
-
Kagome jumped before looking completely at the tiny Chara before her, who had bright pink hair and sapphire eyes. She was wearing a blue shirt with a pink rose on it, and a pink and blue stripped skirt, along with black converse. Around her neck was a small, pink heart shaped necklace.

Kagome could not fully comprehend what had just happened.

What had happened?

"Was that you?" Kagome was almost seething in fury.

"What?" Kira looked upwards and smiled mischievously, "Oh! The one who made you kiss the purple haired boy? Yep!"

"Why?" Kagome face-palmed, "Why would you do that!?"

Kira just giggled, "You obviously have feelings for him."

Kagome let out a high-pitched noise that sounded somewhat like a yelp and a choking cough. "I do not!"

"Sure you don't." Kira looked to Yura and Elle, who were nodding in agreement with what Kira had said a few moments before, and singed cheerfully.

"Whatever." Kagome huffed, "Why are you here anyway?"

Kira giggled, "I'm your out-going would be self."

"Out-going?" Kagome looked puzzled. "I don't need to be out-going."

Kira looked slightly upset, "You wish to be out-going and to be able to show your true feelings, correct?"

Kagome nodded, she had wished to do that.

"I'm the one who reflects that personality!" Kira cheered, "With me, you never have to hide what you feel or what you want to do!"

"What if I want to?" Kagome looked nervous.

"Too bad!" Kira laughed loudly before moving to float beside Elle and Yura, the three chatting up a storm.

"So, let me get this straight; You are going to reflect my inner emotions, even when I don't want you to?" Kagome looked rather cranky.

"Exactly!" Kira cheered, this time, Elle and Yura chimed in with a round of happy giggles.

"Oh, come on Kagome-chan!" Elle smiled, "It won't be that bad."

"Right!" Yura agreed, "You wanted to be able and show how you feel!"

"I know that!" Kagome huffed, "It's just that.. Well, you see..."

Kira looked confused, "Yes?"

Kagome turned her head to look in the direction she had previously came from, "Sometimes, it's not healthy to show what I feel. It always gets in the way of goals. I don't mind the personality that much, but there are times I want it toned down!" Her thoughts returned to Nagihiko. "And, dear Kami, that was definitely way too much."

Kira placed a hand to her chin and thought carefully, "I guess it was a little bit too much, but..."

"What?" Kagome glared.

"Oh! It's nothing!" Kira looked nervous and ducked behind Yura, "Nothing at all Kag-chan!"

"Spit it out!" Kagome growled.

Kira giggled, "Oh, it's not important right now!"

Kagome sighed, "I hope it's not."

Looking at the time on her phone, she sighed. "Let's get going. Fluffy might send the hounds out after me this time if I come back late." Kagome snorted in laughter.

"Okay!" Yura, Elle, and Kira chorused together as the four made their way back.
-
Walking into the Taisho Manor was slight unnerving due to a few facts:

One; There were several business-looking people. They were all tall and wearing black glasses, even though the room was dimly lit.

Two; They had, thankfully, not taken notice of her at the current time, so she stayed quietly in the darker part of the room, fully hidden by the shadows.

Three; Sesshoumaru was no where to be seen.

And Four; It was like she knew them from somewhere, she just couldn't place it.

Slinking around a corner before one of them glanced her way, she put her ear to the wall and listened to their conversation.

"I thought the little brat was here." A gruff voice spoke up.

"Maybe it's the wrong place sir." A softer and more feminine voice spoke up.

"No!" The gruff voice responded, "Were else would that little girl be? She wouldn't dare leave her protectors. She runs away from her fate, like her father."

Kagome hid her loud gasp and realization fully clicked in her head. These people were from Easter. They had tracked her down.

"Maybe she's not the one we want, maybe she's absolutely useless. Then what? We've been chasing the wrong girl." A different male spoke up.

"No, the boss strictly said she is the holder of the Embryo. If Ikuto and Utau are too thick-skulked to realize it and take it, that is their loss! Unlike those fools, I won't see past the idiocy she puts up in resisting joining Easter!" The gruff voice spoke once more, "Unlike those two, I will not fail the boss in this."

"Do you even listen to yourself, idiot?" A different female voice spoke and Kagome recognized it almost immediately, it was Utau's manager; Sanjo-san!((I forgot her whole name. You know who I'm talking about, Kairi's older sister!)), "This may be a twelve year-old you are talking about, but she is obviously smarter than she appears if she has avoided and out-smarted us for so long. She might even be stronger than us. We shouldn't risk things going wrong! Also, next time, don't count Utau into this, don't forget, after today, she is no longer part of Easter, and neither am I."

"Heh," The gruffer male spoke again, "Smarts? She's idiotic. Strength? She's absolutely weak! She has her father's friends protecting her. She most she has had is luck, and it appears that luck is about to run out. It's a shame Utau is starting to rebel also. Bad blood, I'd say."

"Ugh, whatever. I don't care honestly, it's my last day at the company and I have to get Utau's stuff out of there." Sanjo spoke again, her tone cold, "Not to mention that I don't want to be caught by Taisho. We'd all be dead meat."

The large group of people turned Kagome's way and she hurriedly hid in the next room.

Hearing the door close, Kagome walked from the shadows and leaned against the wall beside her, not believing what had just happened.

Easter knew where she was.

This couldn't be happening again.

Blinking, Kagome felt moisture on her cheek. Raising her hand, she swiped it across her wet cheek and pulled it back to see the clear liquid on the tips of her fingers. She was... crying?

The words of her father had stung, yes, as did the insults to her power and intelligence, but they hadn't hurt as much as to cause emotional pain and tears. A strange emotion bubbled in her stomach and chest and she slid down the wall she was leaning upon.

Burying her head in to her knees, she realized this emotion. It was another thing she disliked. Fear.

Kagome started to cry loudly and she clutched her legs closer to her body as the sobs racked through her.

"Why? Why does this have to happen to me?" Kagome murmured quietly in between the sobs and looked blankly at the wall, tears falling silently down her cheeks, "Why can't things just go back to the way they were when daddy was here. Why can't we just be a family again? I just want to rewind my life back to day 1, that way I can cherish the time before it was over." Kagome started to sob louder and she hid her face in her knees once again.

Elle, Yura, and Kira shared a glace. She looked so frail, so... weak. This wasn't a Kagome they liked seeing. Hearing the door open, they saw Sesshoumaru walk in and look at Kagome.

"Kagome. Pick yourself up and explain why you are crying."

Kagome didn't move.

"Kagome. Now."

No movement.

Sesshoumaru sighed and walked over to her before scooping her into his arms and she clutched onto him.

Walking up the flight of stairs and into her room, he gently set her onto her bed while her sniffles came to a stop.

"Now, seeing you are no longer crying, maybe you wish to explain." Sesshoumaru looked at her and saw her tense.

"... They found me."

It was quiet but it didn't go unheard.

"They know I'm here Sesshoumaru. Easter. They were in the manor just a few hours ago. I heard them say I have the Embryo." Kagome paused, "I can't have it, I just can't. If I had it I would know, right?"

Looking at him, she saw the blank look on Sesshoumaru's face. He looked calm but she knew better, he was seething in fury.

"You are safe here, Kagome. They will not lay a hand on you." Sesshoumaru opened his arms for her and she crawled to lay her head on his chest, "Soon enough, someone will be with you at all times."

"Huh?" Kagome looked up at him puzzled.

"My father." Sesshoumaru spoke calmly, "He will be returning tomorrow night."

Kagome smiled wider at that, "That makes me feel slightly better."

Sesshoumaru let a small smile slide onto his face; It was a very rare sight to see. He just looked something like an angel when he smiled.

"You know, Sesshoumaru?" Kagome hummed, "You should smile a lot more."

He cocked a thin eyebrow in response. "Absolutely not. Consider yourself lucky I smile around you."

Kagome giggled at that before swatting at him playfully, "Fine. Could you leave please? It's quite late and I would enjoy some sleep before I get embarrassed again tomorrow."

"Do I want to know?" Sesshoumaru looked at her again.

"Kira, my new Chara, " Kagome motioned to the pink haired Chara, who waved to Sessshoumaru, "Caused me to do something rather embarrassing earlier. Tomorrow, I have to face up to it."

He chuckled, "Good luck with that."

"Oh, shut up." Kagoem groaned and face planted onto her bed, falling into a dead sleep.
-
'Prison gates won't open up for me, on these hands and knees, I'm crawling.
Oh~ I reach for you~
Well, I'm terrified of these four walls, these iron bars can't hold my soul, and all I need, is you.
Come, please, I'm calling.
And, oh, I scream for you.
Hurry, I'm falling [I'm falling.]'

Kagome opened her eyes once more, it felt like the morning had come all too quickly.

Sighing, she stood and stayed still as the song kept playing from her alarm clock. Smiling, she started to sing along, it was one of her favorites. It was Saving Me by Nickelback.

'Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing, and
Teach me wrong from right, and I'll show you what I can be.
Say it for me, say it to me, and I'll leave this life behind me,
Say it if it's worth saving me.'

Humming in tune with the music, Kagome slowly started swaying.

'Heaven's gates won't open up for me, with these broken wings, I'm falling.
And all I see,
is you.
These city walls ain't got no love for me, I'm on the ledge of the eight-tenth story,
And oh~ I scream, for you.
Come, please, I'm calling.
And all I need from you.
Hurry. I'm falling [I'm falling.]'

'Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing, and
Teach me wrong from right, and I'll show you what I can be.
Say it for me, say it to me, and I'll leave this life behind me,
Say it if it's worth saving me.
Hurry, I'm falling.'

'And all I need, is you.
Come please, I'm calling, and
Oh~ I scream for you.
Hurry, I'm falling [I'm falling.] [I'm falling.]'

'Show me what it's like, to be the last one standing, and
Teach me wrong from right, and I'll show you what I can be.
Say it for me, say it to me, and I'll leave this life behind me,
Say it if it's worth saving me.
Hurry, I'm falling.
Say it for me, say it to me, and I'll leave this life behind me,
Say it if it's worth saving me.'

Shaking her head, Kagome stood and went through her morning routine of getting ready.

Once fully dressed, Kagome headed from her room and walked towards Seiyo.

Kagome was shaking as the memory from yesterday played in her head once more. The thought of seeing Nagihiko after that made her nervous and she didn't like it.

Sighing, she pushed the unease to the back of her mind and walked into the room, spotting Nagihiko already in his seat; he was lost in thought once again. He actually looked kinda, dare she say it?

Cute.

Blushing a light cherry color, she shook her head once, she walked over to her desk and slid into her seat.
-
Noticing movement to his side, Nagihiko turned his head, spotting Kagome slipping into her seat.

Thinking back to yesterday, he blushed slightly himself.

He wasn't quite sure if she wanted to talk about the slip of her character or if she just wanted to forget.

Remembering the quick temper of the small girl beside him, he decided to let her bring it up if she wished.

He mentally sighed. Really? Why did every short person have a bad temper? Earlier he had managed to make Rima rather angry, not that that was a hard thing to do when he was himself. It was rather amusing-

That was until she had threw her gag manga at his face...
-
Yuu stood in front of the class. Today, they would go to the different creative art they had, whether it was Music, Art, or Theater.

He sighed, first, he had to pass out papers.

"Okay, class." He picked up the stack of graded papers, "Let's get these passed out before you leave then after your creative art, we won't have to worry about it."

Handing the papers to each student left Kagome gaping at her grade.

Seriously, she knew she was horrible at math, but a 17%? How was that even possible? Looking over to Nagihiko, Kagome remembered his offer of help. Kagome shivered, she wouldn't use that word... How about... Tutoring?

Yeah, that sounded better.

Hearing the bell ring, Kagome decided it would just be better to wait and ask him at gym, seeing as they didn't have the same creative art

Standing, Kagome headed off to music, spotting the pristine blond walking in the same direction.

So, she sang? Or did she play an instrument?

Walking into the room, the teacher ((I don't know who, so I'll just call her Sensei.)) spotted Kagome.

"Ah! A new voice, I do hope you are ready to audition." Sensei looked at Kagome.

"Hai, Sensei, I am ready." Kagome smiled, "Is there anything particular I need to sing or can I just sing a song I know?"

"Just sing something you know."

"Okay."

Kagome smiled before picking up a guitar and started to play the melody of a song she knew very well.

Closing her eyes, she began to sing.

'All day, staring at the ceiling, making friends with shadows on my wall.
All night, hearing voices telling me that I should get some sleep because tomorrow might be good for something.
Hold on,
Feeling like I'm heading from a,
Breakdown,
and I don't know why.'

'But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell,
I know right now you can't tell,
But stay a while, maybe then you see, a different side of me.
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired,
I know, right now, you don't care.
But soon enough, your gonna think of me, and how I use to be...
Me.'

'Talking to myself in public, and dodging glances on the train.
And I know, I know they've all been talking 'bout me.
I can hear them whisper and it makes me think there must be something wrong,
with me.
Out of all the hours,
Thinking, somehow, I've lost my mind.'

'But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell,
I know right now you can't tell,
But stay a while, maybe then you see, a different side of me.
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired,
I know, right now, you don't care.
But soon enough, your gonna think of me, and how I use to be'

'I've been talking in my sleep.
Pretty soon, they'll come to get me.
Yeah, their taking me away~'

'But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell,
I know right now you can't tell,
But stay a while, maybe then you see, a different side of me.
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired,
I know, right now, you don't care.
But soon enough, your gonna think of me, and how I use to be.'

'Hey, How I used to be.
How I used to be~
Yeah, I'm just a little unwell
How I used to be.
How I used to be.
I'm just a little unwell.'

"Wonderful!" Sensei clapped and smiled brightly, "A beautiful Soprano voice. Please, take a seat be Mashiro-chan."

Kagome looked up and saw the blond girl looking at her.

Silently, she made her way into her seat and listened as the teacher filled them in on the songs they would sing.

Almost thirty minutes passed they were taking notes in their music and Kagome, for the first time with music, found herself bored.

Leaning back in her chair as the sensei went to teach the alto's their part, she closed her eyes.

Opening her eyes once more, Kagome spotted the clown like Chara before the girl, doing all sorts of things to try and make her laugh. She smiled, Kagome thought it was adorable.

The Chara turned her act in a different direction and started talking about some gag manga. Kagome saw the girl's, Rima, eyes light up at that.

So, even though she didn't look like it, she had a huge love for comedy. It was a little shocking, but they had something in common.

Kagome had a secert.

She loved her some comedy.

Seeing Rima giggle, Kagome thought it was cute. A smile definitely suited her more than her usual blank or sad expression.

Hearing the bell ring once more, Kagome sighed and stood. Placing her binder into her bag, she walked from the room.

Walking towards the gym, she went in to the dressing room.

Hearing the conversations of the females around her made her ashamed to be one.

They were all either talking, bragging really, of their bra size or chatting about the guy they liked. Some names were repetitive, like Tadase Hotori and some guy named Kuukai Souma, she could only guess he didn't go to Seiyo.

Walking into the back of the room, where it was just as crowded, she started to change into her gym clothes, hearing more talk about other guys.

One name stood out.

Several girls were talking about their crushes on Nagihiko Fujisaki.

Strange feelings bubbled in her chest and she looked towards Kira, who was whistling like nothing was wrong. Looking at Yura and Elle, they were doing the exact opposite. They were causing mayhem in the locker room.

The feelings in her chest were nothing she had felt before, she had no name for them.

Kira giggled, "Aw, Kag-chan in jealous."

Kagome growled and pulled her white gym shirt over her head while Yura and Elle came back over to float beside Kira. Pulling her hair up into a high ponytail, she placed her bag into a locker and slammed it shut, making a few girls, who had been talking about Nagihiko, jump.

Storming towards the door of the locker room, Kagome noticed the pinkette, Amu, and Rima. Nodding slightly towards them as they walked in, Amu holding the door open for her, Kagome placed a some-what smile on her face, "Hello."

"Oh!" Amu looked shocked, "Hi Kagome-chan."

"Hi." Rima looked a little shocked as well.

"I'd recommend changing in the front half of the room, less squawking."

With that, Kagome walked from the dressing room and into the gym, her eyes spotting Nagihiko in the center of the gym talking with that black haired girl Kagome had scared on her first day. She was flirting with him while he, himself, looked slightly uncomfortable with the attention.

Feeling the emotion Kira had called 'Jealousy' once again, a angry scowl formed on her face.

Walking up to where the pair was, she stopped and stood beside Nagihiko.

"Nagihiko-kun," Kagome began, "Could I talk with you for a few?"

He looked both shocked and relieved, "Of course Kagome-chan."

Grabbing his sleeve gently, Kagome tugged him over to a far wall of the gym before she stopped walking and let go, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

"What did you need to talk about, Kagome-chan?" Nagihiko smiled.

"Oh, um, yeah." She nervously played with a strand of hair that wasn't in her ponytail, "It's more like two things really."

"Okay," He slid down the wall and sat on the ground in front of her, "Talk."

Sitting down beside him, she blushed, "First things.. about yesterday.. that was Kira," Kagome motioned to the pink haired Chara, "I don't really know how to explain it, but I'm sorry about it. You know, for kissing your cheek."

Nagihiko started to laugh, "Why are you apologizing? I didn't mind." He slowly grabbed her hand, in case she jerked away, in his and placed his other hand under her chin, turning her head to look completely at him, "Don't worry about it."

Kagome blushed a darker color and moved her head, leaning it against the wall behind her and closing her eyes.

Opening them after a moment, she spoke again, "I accept you offer."

"Huh?" Nagihiko, who was still holding her hand in his, looked confused.

"For math tutoring." Kagome sighed, "My highest grade that I got was, like, 17%." She looked at him again, "I accept your offer of tutoring."

"Oh," Nagihiko smiled, "When do you want to do it?"

"Whenever you can I guess."

Nagihiko placed his unoccupied hand to his cheek and thought carefully for a few moments, "How about today, after school?"

"Sure, I'll just let my brother know later."

Smiling, Nagihiko stood, pulling Kagome up with him.

His plan was working perfectly.
-
Kagome yelped and dodged the volleyball that had been sent in her direction. Glaring at the girls on the other side of the net as they giggled, she huffed and moved back a few steps.

Volleyball was definitely not for her. Hell, sports weren't for her!

Spotting Rima having a hard time also, Kagome huffed again.

The guys got to run and then play basketball.

How was that fair?

Kagome would rather take her chance playing basketball with them instead playing volleyball with a bunch of girls, who disliked her. She was fairly certain Rima would say the same. At least the guys liked the both of them.

Spotting the volleyball coming back at her, she growled and hit it forcefully back over the net, causing it to nail the black haired girl from before in the face. Smirking, she twinkled her fingers at the girls on the other side of the net and moved back beside Rima.

"Take that, bitch." Kagome huffed as the gym teacher went over to check on her.

Hearing Rima giggle slightly at that, Kagome turned her head and smiled, "What's so funny?"

"Her." Rima giggled again, "She tried to hit you on purpose, expecting you to not do anything, but it turns out," Motioning towards the girl being helped off of the court, "She let her jealously get the best of her. Karma sucks, don't it?"

"Hm, that's her problem then." Smiling, Kagome turned her attention back towards the volleyball game currently going on. "She shouldn't have tried it in the first place. I have a rather short temper."

Rima giggled again, "You and I are a lot alike, Taisho-san."

"Please, call me Kagome."

Rima smiled, "Only if you call me Rima."

Kagome smiled back at her, "Deal."

She couldn't believe how much she was opening up at this school. It almost made her feel sick.

Almost.
-
Sitting in her seat in her classroom, Kagome was waiting for the bell to ring.

Earlier, she had called Sesshoumaru and asked about staying after school. He had agreed, on one condition; She was back before five-fifty, seeing as that Touga, Sesshoumaru's father, was returning around six-thirty.

That she could do. School ended at three, and Kagome knew it would take like a hour to a hour and a half for tutoring. She'd be back with plenty of time to spare.

Gathering her stuff up and standing as the bell rang loudly through the school, signifying the class day was officially over, Kagome turned to Nagihiko, who also was standing. He was talking to Rima and Amu and they were just nodding.

Huffing, Kagome leaned against the wall by the door and waited for him.

X~With Rima, Nagi, and Amu~X

"So, let me get this straight," Rima started, "Kagome is going to the Royal Garden for tutoring, well, that's what she thinks when in reality you are just getting her to go there so you can somehow talk her into going the Guardians and getting her to go to the meeting tomorrow?"

"Yes." Nagihiko smiled.

"Are you stupid?" Rima crossed her arms over her chest, "That will never work."

Sweat-dropping, Nagihiko sighed, "Well, it's worth a shot."

"You're right," Rima stated, causing Nagihiko to looked shocked, "But that doesn't mean it has a snowball's chance in working."

Amu laughed lightly, "Now Rima-chan, I'm sure it will work."

Rima looked at Amu, "If you're positive, Amu-chan." Grabbing her bag, she walked towards the door, "I have to go, my mother is waiting for me."

After Rima had left, Nagihiko looked at Amu, "Do you really think it will work?"

"Well, um... Oh! Would you look at the time!" Amu coughed, "I have to leave before things go very bad and you end up like Shikou*-chan in gym!" (I don't think I have named her, so there.)

Amu hurriedly scurried from the room and Nagihiko looked at Kagome confused.

"Hey, Kagome-chan."

Kagome looked up, "Yeah?"

"What happened to Shikou-chan in gym today..?"

Kagome whistled, "Oh, nothing really..."

Nagihiko looked at her and crossed his arms.

"Okay! She tried to hit me on purpose and I accidentally let my anger get the better of me and she ended up getting a volleyball right in the face. Almost broke her nose, really. Nothing too bad."

Nagihiko looked slightly shocked and afraid. He didn't trust the way she had said 'accidentally'.

"So," Kagome walked over to stand beside him, "Are you just gonna tutor me here, or head somewhere else?"

"Oh, yeah." Nagihiko smiled and lightly grasped her hand, "Let's go. I know the perfect place for your tutoring. It's calm, quiet, and peaceful. Just what you need for studying!"

"Sounds great!" Kagome smiled and blushed when he grabbed her hand.

Tugging her gently from the room, Nagihiko led her down the halls and outside. Walking up to the large glass dome.

"Well, here we are. This is the Royal Garden, the Guardians meet here two-to-four times a week." Nagihiko smiled and held open the door for her, "Come on, there is a table in here where we hold our meetings. It's the perfect place for tutoring, I suppose."

"Okay then, let's go." Kagome walked into the large garden. It was, for lack of a better term, gorgeous. "Wow, this is amazing!"

Nagihiko smiled, "I thought you would like it here."

Kagome returned the smile, "I wonder who had the time to plant these flowers." She looked at a tiger lily sitting beside a white tulip, "The patterns are absolutely amazing." She sighed, "It seems nature is the only thing acceptable to be perfect." Kagome looked at Nagihiko, "Odd, isn't it?"

He looked confused, "Nature is the only things acceptable to be perfect? How you you reckon?"

"Well, first of all, it is put on earth for everyone to cherish, yet all we do is tear it down. It loves us and gives us the necessitates needed for us to live, even though we kill it. Nature gives us oxygen, food, water, and in some cases, shelter. It keeps giving while we keep taking. It is pure, perfect, while we are tainted, evil. We can never be like nature, for once we take our first breath of life after we are born, we are placed into a world of evil and hatred. It only makes sense, I guess. Children were created from sin, so we will grow into sin, eventually sinning for ourselves. Purity in a child will never last long, once they are born into the world, they have a plan, and in that plan, there will be sin and evil."

Kagome smiled faintly, remember what her father had told her when she was younger, "Nature is born with a purpose and a plan, just as we are, but the moment it is created, it gives and gives. All we do it take from it. My father told me once that if you cherish your path and what really matters, the sin won't affect you at all and you will be able to work through it. I sometimes wonder if that is the same thing that keeps nature perfect. Does it cherish it's purpose in being used? Or could it just be that what my father told me all just a lie to keep my head held high when I get depressed?"

Nagihiko looked fairly shocked, unable to understand. "I've never met someone with such and outlook-view on life and people like yours, Kagome-chan." He smiled, "I'm positive what your father told you is true, but who am I to say so? I believe that is for you to decide on your own." He placed his hand on her shoulder, "What do you think is the truth?"

Kagome chewed her bottom lip, a nervous habit of hers', "I'm not completely sure right now. I've been pondering a lot about what makes me myself lately."

Nagihiko frowned, "You shouldn't question what makes you who you are Kagome-chan. You won't know the truth that way."

Kagome smiled before shaking her head, "Well, how about we get to studying now? I have to be back home by five-fifty."

"Why?"

"Oh," Kagome smiled lightly, "My.. father is retuning home tonight and I can't be late."

Nagihiko looked at her strangely when she had the small pause before she said the word 'father'. Was she not happy about it? He looked her over once she started walking ahead of him. Maybe he should take another look at her file, he didn't get through much before. Maybe after she left he would.

Walking up a small bit of stairs, Nagihiko pulled her over towards the table, pulling a chair out for her and helping her sit down before sitting down beside her.

"Okay, Kagome-chan, how about you try working on a problem so I can see what you need help with."

"Okay," Kagome opened her math book, "Which one?"

Nagihiko peeked in her book, looking over each problem, "How about number seven?"

"Alright." Kagome smiled.

A few minutes passed before Kagome finally finished the problem, a lot of eraser marks and faded pencil lines surrounding her neat handwriting, "Okay, I'm done, I think."

Nagihiko looked over her problem while Kagome sat nervously, playing with her tie around her neck.

"I think I know where you keep messing up," Nagihiko smiled.

"Really?" Kagome sat up.

"Yup! When you add two negatives, the sum will be negative. When multiplying two negatives, it is different though, the product will be positive. Like in your problem, -15+(-3)= -18, not -12."

"But what about subtracting and dividing negatives?"

"It can get a little more confusing. When dividing two negatives, it will be positive and when dividing a negative and a positive it will be negative. Subtracting is more complicated then the others." Nagihiko grabbed a spare sheet of paper and picked her pencil up, writing down a problem, "For example, -15-(-3)= -12. If you switch it around, -3-(-15)= 12. Do you know why that is?"

"Nope."

"When you subtract a larger negative from a smaller negative, it will equal a positive because, an easy way for me to remember is that I always think of the signs canceling each other out, making it a smaller negative plus a larger positive."

Kagome smiled brightly as it clicked in her head, "Oh, I get it!"

"Now, there is also a different way in subtracting negatives, for example, 3-(-15)= 18." Nagihiko saw Kagome nodding slightly, "Now, that is like the other one, I always cancel out the signs and make it addition, making it into 3+15= 18, but know that it doesn't work the other way around. If the problem was -3-15= -12, because it is a negative minus a positive, it results in a negative, but there is another version of subtracting, 15-(-3)= 18 the positive number is larger while the negative is smaller, it will result in a positive. That is also able to tone it down into addition, 15+3= 18, and it's just like the other one I did before."

Nagihiko wrote something else down, "Division is somewhat easier to understand, -15/-3= 5. That is similar to the multiplication thing, a negative divided by a negative will be positive, but -15/3= -5. That is because when you divide a positive by a negative or a negative by a positive, it will result in negative. Look at it this way for multiplication/division, if there is one negative sign, it will be negative, if there are two negative signs they will cancel out, making the answer positive."

Nagihiko smiled when Kagome nodded, "Do you understand?"

"For the first time, yes." Kagome smiled brightly, "I actually understand math for a change! Take that, numbers!"

Nagihiko laughed at her enthusiasm, "Just keep those points in your mind and you'll be just fine."

Kagome smiled, "Thanks a lot Nagihiko-kun, really."

"It wasn't a problem, Kagome-chan."

Kagome looked at the time on her phone, it was 4:15. She sighed, it was about time for her to head back home, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Nagihiko-kun." Kagome stood and gathered her things in her bag.

Nagihiko stood up quickly, "Oh, wait Kagome-chan, I had something I wanted to ask you."

Kagome looked at him before slinging her bag over her shoulder, "Ask then."

"Well, I was wondering," Nagihiko rubbed the back of his neck, " Well, it's more like all of us."

"Go on."

"We, the guardians, were wondering if you would be interested in joining us."

Kagome looked at him, not believing what she heard. She didn't want to say no but she couldn't do it, it would just make it easier for Easter to locate her, but on the other hand though, she could prove to them that she didn't have the Embryo. Kagome mentally sighed, she wanted to do it, but what could the price be? What if Tadase figured out who she was, would he hate her or accept the help?

Honestly, she didn't fully know why Tadase would even hate her in the first place, she wasn't the one who had left on purpose. After Ikuto had returned from running away, he almost immediately took her to live with the Higurashi family. Tadase couldn't hate her for something she couldn't control, right?

Would her brother turn against her?

Even if he did, why should she even care? The last time she had saw him was the first time in three months. It would drag away from whatever question was held, if any. If there was none, it could prevent it. Plus, Ikuto was hardly ever around anymore, always else where, she supposed. It's not like he should care if she lives her life the way she wanted, he's never around anymore! She was closer to the Taisho's than her own family and they actually spent time with her, and they would encourage her to join the guardians. Ikuto barely treated her like a sister anymore. That fact hurt a little settling in.

Hell, maybe she might even run into Utau, she hadn't seen her in a while. The last she had heard of her older sister was that she was out of the company and Easter. Maybe seeing Kagome would brighten both Utau and herself up a little.

Kagome huffed and shook her head, causing Nagihiko to look at her weirdly and take a step back; probably out of fear.

She had made up her mind.

"Yes." Kagome smiled, "I'll join the Guardians."

Nagihiko smiled brightly at that, "Great! We have a meeting tomorrow, so if you want, you can walk with Rima-chan, Amu-chan and me."

"That sounds great." Kagome smiled, "Now if you would excuse me, I must be going home so by chance I don't end up late."

"Okay, Kagome-chan. I'll see you tomorrow."

Waving goodbye, Kagome smiled before walking out of the Royal Garden.

She was utterly exhausted, but not too exhausted to hurry back to Tashio Manor. After all, she had some serious baking to get done, seeing that Touga really loved her strawberry and cherry cookies.
-
*Shikou: Pronounced: SHII-Kou-[Yuu]

Auroua: For anyone who hasn't had strawberry and cherry cookies, TRY THEM! They are amazing and so easy to make. All you have to do is mix ordinary [meaning no chocolate chips, pecans, raisins, nothing like that!] cookie batter in a bowl but before you bake them, put cherry filling in the middle and then bake. When the cookies are halfway finished baking, pour strawberry glaze over them and then let them finish baking. It's like an orgasm in your mouth. LOL. And even though they are cookies, they are fruit cookies and, like everything else, only bad for you if you eat too much. They can be really good for you if you use all organic and all natural ingredients for the batter, filling, and glaze. They also make a great snack for kids and snacks at parties!

And if you don't like cherry or strawberry, you can use other fruits. Like apple, orange, pear, plum, peach, apricot, the list goes on and on. Mix and match and find what flavor you like the best!

You can even put a little powdered sugar on the top if you want to make it even sweeter, don't worry, no one has to know!

For those of you like Kagome and have a problem with negatives, don't worry, I did too! I put a small math lesson in this in tips of how to remember negatives. Hopefully I got everything right and covered all the topics, I did all the math myself, so. Lol, anyway, the songs used in this are Saving Me by Nickelback and Unwell by Matchbox20.
Hope you liked it! I hope I managed to get all the little errors such as misspellings and wrong wording out of this chapter before I uploaded it but if I didn't and you spot an error, please let me know and I'll get that fixed ASAP.

Thanks!

Remember,

Review&Fav&Sub!< br>