InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Prison: How Soon is Now ❯ And I Have Sinned ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“You shut your mouth
How can you say?
I go about things the wrong way?”
(The Smiths)
 
 
 
And I Have Sinned
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
“Stupid! Don't you know I love you!”
 
Kagome froze as watched the person from afar. He was the same person that she had fallen in love with. After all these centuries, nothing had changed beside the evil gleam in his eyes. It was wrong for him to be here like this. She remembered his confession of love and it brought tears to her eyes. All the good times blinded her emotions as he held open his arms and softly whispered her name. Kagome struggled against Kurama's grip as she stared into the person's eyes.
 
“Aren't you happy to see me?” He questioned with fake hurt. She couldn't see the hidden intention in those orbs.
 
“Inu-Inuyasha,” Kagome painfully whispered.
 
Part of her heart had died that day he died. Her heart was still broken from Kuronue's death, but this brought on a sense of dread. She could tell he was living a lie and she couldn't understand it. Someone had resurrected him like the witch had done to Kikyo. The worst part was they ripped his soul from the chance at reincarnation. Even though she knew that, he was supposed to be dead. Kagome overlooked the fact he was dead and just a walking clay doll. All she knew was that he was here and living.
 
“I came back for you,” Inuyasha whispered as he smiled at her.
 
“No! Why are you here?” Kagome questioned. She vanished from Kurama's grip and appeared in front of Inuyasha.
 
“Get the hell back here! He's dead!” Yusuke yelled out.
 
Yusuke had seen a few zombies or resurrected souls in his time. Hiei and Kurama mentioned that they carried the smell of death. Yusuke couldn't smell it, but he and Kuwabara discussed it. The soul that was resurrected was no longer a part of the body. They could bleed, feel emotions, and look human, but it couldn't hide the fact it was two separate things. A living human's body had a certain connection to the soul that blended into one. But the resurrected was two separate things.
 
Kagome ignored Yusuke and allowed Inuyasha to pull her into an embrace. Kagome buried her face in his new attire. He wore a simple red shirt with black pants. Kagome held onto him hoping that he wouldn't disappear again. She loved him, she would always love him, but she wasn't in love with him.
 
“I came back to get you,” Inuyasha whispered as his fang poked out from under his lip.
 
“Why now?” Kagome questioned.
 
“I sensed your pain and knew that you would need to find your peace,” Inuyasha explained.
 
“I've done everything so very wrong,” Kagome confessed.
 
“I know…and I'm here to correct it,” Inuyasha stated with a smirk.
 
Kagome held onto him and the prayer beads brushed against her face. Her eyes snapped opened and stared at the beads. She didn't bury the beads with him; this was a new set. A painful emotion crossed her heart as she realized this. Before she could pull away, she let a scream of pain tear from her throat. Kagome looked down and watched as he twisted his hand into her gut. The claws cut everything and blood ran out of her mouth. Those beautiful amber orbs held hate and anger within them. Kuwabara was the first to rush over to help. He was tossed back as he hit a barrier.
 
“This isn't right!” Kuwabara shouted as he hit the barrier with his spirit sword.
 
“I'll take you with me and we can be together in death,” Inuyasha darkly said, “we'll rot in hell together!”
 
Kagome cried as the tears fell from her eyes. She fell to her knees and stared up at him not bothering to heal her wound. He ran his bloodied fingers across her face in a loving gesture.
 
“Why.” Kagome demanded, even though she let the sorrow lace her words. His eyes flashed in anger and he growled at her. He grabbed her by the front of her shirt and jerked her up to eye level.
 
“You have to ask?” Inuyasha growled in anger. Kagome simply nodded her head.
 
“It was your fault that I died! If I didn't have to protect you then I would be the one alive!” He shouted at her as spit hit her face.
 
“No, you said you loved me,” Kagome protested. He dropped her to the ground and darkly chuckled.
 
“Love is a word that is used to often. The whole ordeal with the Shikon no Tama is also your fault. It's all your fault Sango suffered…your fault that all those people died…your fault I died. Even Kuronue's death is on your hands,” Inuyasha harshly blamed as he kneeled down next to her ear.
 
“He made his choice…it's not my fault!” Kagome cried. All those years of coming to terms with Youko and Kuronue were falling apart with a few words.
 
“If you hadn't of left him he wouldn't have died. He would have been safe at the village…with you,” Inuyasha spoke with a gleeful tone.
 
“He was an adult…he made his own choice!” Kagome repeated to herself.
 
“You always did screw up. You tried your hardest to keep everyone safe and you managed to kill us all,” Inuyasha said as she covered her eyes.
 
“Why did I leave him alone?” Kagome questioned.
 
“You're selfish and you wanted to do things on your own,” Inuyasha answered.
 
“Don't listen to him Kagome!” Kurama yelled out. Inuyasha looked up at Kurama and darkly grinned.
 
“This is sick,” Yusuke said in disgust.
 
“Do you hear his voice Kagome? Do you hear Kurama?” Inuyasha calmly asked.
 
“Youko,” Kagome whimpered as she stared at him with teary eyes.
 
“Do you see the human body he inhabits? Your curse sentenced him to a mortal life,” Inuyasha convicted.
 
“I know,” Kagome submitted.
 
“You left everyone dead or alone,” Inuyasha angrily said.
 
“I can't make up for the past,” Kagome whispered.
 
“You'll never redeem yourself,” Inuyasha voiced her thoughts.
 
“But I won't stop trying!” Kagome yelled.
 
“Do you feel that?” Kuwabara asked as Yusuke nodded.
 
Kagome's stomach wound stopped bleeding and healed as she stood to her feet. Most of her shirt was ripped and bloodied, but she was angry. So much anger pulsed through her and she didn't know why. She felt hurt and angry; those words tore at her heart. Kagome did feel guilt for it, but she remembered one thing.
 
“You forget one thing Inuyasha,” Kagome darkly said.
 
“What's that?” Inuyasha challenged.
 
“I am no longer human. I am above human emotions and conflicts,” Kagome coldly explained.
 
“You may be above them, but you put yourself on their level,” Inuyasha growled.
 
“Who brought you back?” Kagome demanded an answer.
 
“The person who will kill you,” Inuyasha answered.
 
“Cute, but I can never die!” Kagome growled.
 
“Naraku once said the same thing,” Inuyasha challenged.
 
“Naraku was tainted and ignorant…just like you are now,” Kagome whispered as his amber eyes flashed red.
 
“You will die now!” Inuyasha growled as he lunged for her.
 
Kagome quickly threw up another barrier. Inuyasha attacked the barrier as his rage grew.
 
“I don't want to fight you,” Kagome softly pleaded.
 
“Let us in!” Yusuke yelled.
 
Kagome looked over at them and shook her head. Her barrier broke and Inuyasha slashed her chest. Kagome held in the scream and grunted as she slammed into a tree. Her other barrier fell and Yusuke fired his spirit gun at Inuyasha. Kagome sat up and her eyes widened in fear. She didn't want them or Inuyasha hurt. Healing herself quickly, she got back up. Kurama used his rose whip to slash Inuyasha's leg. Inuyasha fell to the ground; he no longer had his speed. Kagome watched as he pulled a seed from his hair.
 
“Kurama, no!” Kagome yelled out.
 
Inuyasha locked eyes with her and she ran towards them.
 
“Death tree!” Kurama yelled as he began to summon it.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome yelled as she used her energy to send Kurama flying.
 
Kagome watched as he hit the ground and stared at her in disbelief. Inuyasha jumped away and disappeared in mass of black shadows. Kagome stared at her hands and began to cry. She had attacked Kurama to save one that was already dead. If Kurama were weaker, he would have died from her attack. Her eyes traveled to Yusuke and she finally noticed that his arm was clawed. Kuwabara was tired, but he was safe from harm.
 
“Whose side are you on?” Yusuke demanded as he approached her form. His left arm hung limp on his side. Kagome noted that blood dripped down it.
 
“Yusuke, calm down,” Kuwabara softly said. Kuwabara could tell that she was in pain. He got that the hanyou was once a loved one.
 
“NO! This bitch is crazy! She attacked Kurama to save the guy that not only attacked her but attacked all of us!” Yusuke shouted.
 
“You don't understand,” Kagome whispered.
 
“I understand that you helped the enemy,” Yusuke growled.
 
“Yusuke, you don't know the whole story,” Kurama calmly began as he approached them.
 
“I know enough to know that she is definitely not on our side,” Yusuke growled.
 
“You ignorant human!” Kagome growled. Kagome glared at him and walked away from him.
 
“Don't you walk away!” Yusuke yelled.
 
Kagome walked over to Kurama and whispered a sorry to him. She healed him and then walked to Kuwabara. She smiled and returned the energy he lost. Kagome then turned to Yusuke and glared at him.
 
“I don't have a side…I am on my side and my side alone, push me enough and you will truly see how I treat enemies,” Kagome threatened.
 
“If you treat them like Inuyasha then when's our date?” Yusuke spat out.
 
“Don't be so righteous you damn human,” Kagome growled.
 
“If I'm human then what are you?” Yusuke challenged.
 
“I'm better then you'll ever hope to be,” Kagome coldly said as she vanished.
 
 
 
 
Kagome appeared outside of Koenma's door and she knocked. A loud `enter' sounded and she walked through the door. She collapsed on a chair and grinned at him. Koenma stopped talking to Botan and stared at Kagome in disbelief. She was halfway drained of her Miko ki. Koenma knew that it would take a lot to do that. Botan smiled and watched as Kagome sighed.
 
“I've found the missing soul,” Kagome spoke.
 
“Did you return him?” Koenma asked. Kagome glared at the teenager before she turned away. “What happened?”
 
“He's been resurrected,” Kagome grimly said.
 
“Resurrected…by who?” Koenma asked.
 
“I don't know,” Kagome quickly said.
 
“I take it he's still out there,” Koenma stated more then asked.
 
“He wants me dead, he's working for the enemy, and now my last bloodline will be endangered!” Kagome yelled.
 
“Do you need one of the detectives to watch your family?” Botan cautiously asked.
 
“Botan, that's brilliant!” Kagome happily cheered. Botan blushed and looked at the floor with her own smile.
 
“Hiei's not the best for bodyguard work…but Kurama the next best thing,” Koenma offered.
 
“No, I want the soul I was promised,” Kagome simply said.
 
“Do you think this soul will suffice?” Koenma asked.
 
“Kuronue will be perfect,” Kagome assured.
 
“You want Kuronue?” Koenma asked in disbelief.
 
“Why? Is there a problem?” Kagome asked with a bit of irritation.
 
“That's the only soul I don't have access to,” Koenma meekly said.
 
“Who has his soul?” Kagome growled.
 
“My father,” Koenma squeaked as Kagome's face turned red.
 
ENMA!” Kagome yelled echoed through Reikai.
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
I was thinking about writing a new crossover, but I don't know which series it would be with. I want it to be Inuyasha and something else. I already have a plot and everything, just no idea for pairings!