InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Prison: How Soon is Now ❯ Soul's Fate ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does”
(The Smiths)
 
 
 
 
Soul's Fate
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
Kagome stood from her seated position as her chest heaved in anger. The petals on her forehead slightly sparked as her anger rose. Her fists clenched and her knuckles turned white. She finally knew the reason why Enma listened to her with amusement. He had leverage and he was enjoying toying with her. Kagome turned to Koenma and she leveled her gaze with his. He was nervous and Botan was purely worried for Koenma more so then herself. Enma had leverage and they all knew that it put them at risk. Enma could easily destroy Botan and punish Koenma for the display of disobedience.
 
Koenma let his brown eyes travel to the worried soul of Botan. He wouldn't let her be put to termination on his part. Kagome watched his gentle look and she calmed down. There was a time in her life where she gave that look to the one she loved. She once gave that look to Inuyasha before she told him she loved Kuronue. The look of love and protection with a hint of sorrow then went to Kuronue before she knocked him out and left to Yomi. She wondered if all lovers would meet a terrible tragedy, or was she just an exception. Botan's eyes questioningly met with her own and Kagome knew what the girl worried for.
 
“No matter what leverage Enma has, I will not forget where my alliances lay,” Kagome stoically assured. Pain tugged at her heart and she choked on the guilt, she wouldn't leave Kuronue alone…ever again.
 
“I know we can trust you,” Botan whispered as she looked at Kagome and smiled.
 
“I don't see how, Enma was made from my ki,” Kagome darkly reminded.
 
“You just took out the bad and left the good in yourself,” Botan explained.
 
“I never succeeded in separating the dark souls of the Tama from myself, that is something I'll have to look into,” Kagome said to herself.
 
“What will you do about my father?” Koenma asked.
 
“I have no clue,” Kagome admitted. Botan nervously laughed before she sighed.
 
Kagome walked away from the two and went out the office doors. Whatever she was going to do, she was going to do now. She didn't want to hesitate and keep Enma waiting. He didn't need any more time to plan. She turned down a hall and came to the crimson doors. She kicked it open and walked inside the room. Kagome wasn't going to offer respect to one that had not earned it. He may have been born of her energy, but she would not let that affect her decisions.
 
 
 
 
The Western Lands were not what they used to be. The dangerous realm of Makai had changed everything. Decisions had to be made in order to secure the land and his birthright. The lithe figure sat in his chair and watched the chamber door with bored eyes. His silver hair was pulled back into a low ponytail leaving a few bangs in his face. His amber eyes watched as the door opened to reveal those he had summoned. He opened his desk drawer and pulled out a letter. His black suite wrinkled with the movement as he set the letter in the middle of his desk.
 
The female's eyes rested on the white envelope with a frown. She didn't have the same sense of smell as the Inu youkai, but the wind brought the scent to her nose. Her eyebrows furrowed, she became shocked. That scent, it was so much like her scent. It invoked the nightmares she kept locked up. She pushed the memories away from her mind and she calmed herself with ease. Her crimson eyes searched the male next to her. They all had long dropped their spells, their true forms showed. She was the only one that didn't need to conceal her appearance much.
 
The male stood at full attention as the scent drifted to his nose. His reddish-auburn hair reflected the light in the room. His emerald eyes held hate in their depths. The scent was of the one who killed Inuyasha. He took a seat next to the woman and they both watched the Taiyoukai. The other male had a frown adorning his features. His black hair was held back in a low ponytail leaving the bangs messily placed on his forehead. His blue eyes looked at the envelope with distaste. That scent would never leave his mind no matter how long he lived. He smelt the scent everyday on Kagura, he had forgiven the wind youkai, but he wouldn't forget.
 
“I suppose you know why I called you here,” Sesshoumaru said, he was a bit tense.
 
“Please, explain why deceased master's scent coats the envelope,” the woman coldly said as her crimson eyes narrowed.
 
“Kagura, you know your master is deceased and there is no worry to him coming back,” Sesshoumaru began. Kagura shifted in her seat and her modern day clothing wrinkled.
 
“If Naraku is dead, why is that scent so fresh,” the emerald eyed male asked as his tail twitched.
 
“This has to do with the deaths of Kagome's mother and grandfather…doesn't it?” The wolf prince stated more then asked.
 
“Shippo, the scent is fresh because I received this letter a few hours ago,” Sesshoumaru explained to the Kitsune. “This does contain some involvement to the Miko's family.”
 
“Then it was Hakudoushi that killed them?” Shippo asked.
 
“He was the only incarnation that couldn't be found after the battle,” Sesshoumaru calmly explained.
 
“I thought Miroku sucked him into the Kazaana, I watched it from Kanna's mirror,” Kagura sputtered in anger.
 
“He was sucked into the void. I watched it!” Shippo yelled as his emerald eyes glared at the envelope.
 
Sesshoumaru removed the enveloped from his desk and opened it. He pulled out the letter and laid it on the desk. It was a simple white piece of paper with a red spider mark adorning it. Kagura tensed and all that fear returned to her. She reached up to lay a delicate hand on her heart. It's beating assured that she was still free.
 
“That's the same sign that was left in the car of the drunk driver,” Kouga growled.
 
“It seems that we have a new threat. Whether this is Hakudoushi or not, I want it killed,” Sesshoumaru ordered.
 
“Do you think we should share information with Koenma yet?” Shippo cautiously asked.
 
“The spirit ruler is incompetent, we don't need Reikai's help in anything,” Sesshoumaru proudly stated.
 
“What about Enma?” Kagura inquired.
 
“He isn't one to be trusted either, he was made from the darken souls of the Tama and of the negative energy from the Miko,” Sesshoumaru seriously explained. “We can't trust anyone.”
 
“Kagome is to important to lose again,” Shippo whispered.
 
Kouga looked over to the kit. He could smell the regret pouring off of him in waves. The Houshi had explained everything to him. He knew about Shippo's last words to her. Kouga couldn't blame the kit for being eaten up with guilt, he felt guilty for not being a better friend. He knew that Shippo wouldn't accept any words of comfort; only Kagome could comfort him. Kouga was positive the Miko wouldn't hold any grudges; Shippo was only a child at the time.
 
 
“I guess you'll be leaving tomorrow…again.” Shippo whispered.
 
“Shippo…I have to do this,” Kagome whispered as she laid her hand against his cheek.
 
“Why can't you let someone else do this?” Shippo angrily asked. Kagome pulled her hand away and stared at him in shock.
 
“This is my responsibility…I can't pass it to someone else,” Kagome incredulously answered.
 
“I'm your responsibility too…and you constantly leave me!” Shippo growled.
 
“Shippo…I have no choice in these matters. I have great burdens,” Kagome growled back as her eyes began to mist.
 
“There is always a choice! Why can't I come with?” He yelled as his emerald eyes light up in sorrow.
 
“Because I will be walking through the land of the dead…not the forest!” Kagome yelled at him.
 
“Then you mine as while stay there…you're slowly becoming dead to me,” Shippo whispered before he turned around and left.
 
 
“The Miko is a valued ally,” Sesshoumaru agreed.
 
He didn't like Makai that much, but he respected the Miko in some ways. She had managed to end many wars between youkai and Ningens. His eyes narrowed as he dismissed the three from his study. He turned around so he could stare out the window in thought. Sesshoumaru was irritated, he felt like he was missing something important.
 
 
 
 
Yukina had finally finished healing Yusuke of his wounds. Kuwabara walked over to her and began to tell her how sweet and kind she was. Yukina smiled and blushed slightly at his praise. She didn't think her healing was that impressive. Yusuke turned his angry glare to the silent Kurama in the corner of the room. They had immediately had gone back to Genkai's temple in order to heal. Well, he was the only one that needed to be healed since Kagome healed the rest. Hiei had finally woken up from his passed out stage and he sat in a tree outside of the temple.
 
Yusuke continued to glare at Kurama in anger. Kuwabara was oblivious to the tension since he was talking to Yukina. Hiei glanced back at the temple and sighed. He didn't know the full story to the Miko in the Tama. Hiei could tell that the woman was extremely pure despite the small darkness in her soul. He could tell that darkness was not her own, it was like it attached itself to her. Kurama finally let out a ragged sigh and stared at Yusuke. Yusuke was pissed; they were supposed to be a team. He couldn't understand what Kurama had chosen to hide this time.
 
“So…what's this woman to you?” Yusuke coldly asked.
 
“She's not just a woman,” Kurama began.
 
“I know…she's some damn all powerful Miko,” Yusuke hatefully interrupted.
 
“Youko knew her when she was alive, she is a Miko bound to the Tama,” Kurama snapped.
 
“She's the enemy!” Yusuke shouted. Yukina winced at the volume of his voice. Kuwabara placed a comforting hand on her hand.
 
“Yusuke, she was pained and in turmoil…I don't think she's an enemy,” Kuwabara calmly stated. Yusuke's eyebrows raise in shock, his best friend was disagreeing with him.
 
“She defend an enemy and attacked Kurama…she also is manipulating Koenma!” Yusuke exclaimed.
 
“Kagome's story goes back long before you were born, long before she was even born,” Kurama sighed.
 
“That doesn't make any sense,” Yusuke growled.
 
“She fell in love with Kuronue. Kagome has a tragic past that makes her feel guilt about her choices. She also had merged the rest of the soul with Kikyo's piece. Kagome not only carries the pure soul of the Tama, she carries Kikyo's cold and calculating soul along with the tainted souls of the Tama,” Kurama explained in hopes of satisfying Yusuke.
 
“Just because she carries tainted souls doesn't give her a right to defend Inuyasha who's obliviously an enemy,” Yusuke scoffed at his partner.
 
“Kagome tried to separate the souls from her body but never did accomplish it. When she came back from the original land of the dead, she found her Kuronue dead. The tainted souls corrupted her choice and she tried to kill me,” Kurama replayed the event in his head like a story.
 
“Then why defend her?” Yusuke demanded. Kurama gave a saddened smile from his corner. Yusuke frowned at the look and Kuwabara sighed.
 
“I wanted her for a mate, but her heart was taken by Kuronue. I understand why she tried to kill me. The corrupted souls placed the blame of his death on my head. She only tried to right a wrong,” Kurama simply explained. Even he wanted the Miko dead when he thought she was the cause of his partner's death.
 
“I don't care about her past, her actions speak louder now,” Yusuke coldly said.
 
“I defend her because I understand the pain and because a part of my soul still cares for her. She was the one that cursed me to die doing the thing I loved most. Kagome was also the one that separated the realms,” Kurama explained with a dry tone.
 
Yusuke growled, he didn't care about her past. It even sounded cold to him that he didn't care. The safety of his team came first no matter how tragic the Miko's past was. Yusuke was about to retort when Hiei jumped through the window. He took a seat on the windowsill.
 
“You mentioned Inuyasha,” Hiei calmly began since he knew who Inuyasha was. Shippo had told him all about Inuyasha and the battle with Naraku.
 
“Inuyasha was the one that she defended,” Yusuke roughly said.
 
Hiei grinned at the drama that was unfolding, “Inuyasha was her beloved.”
 
Kurama's eyebrow rose as he listened to this new information. He hadn't heard much of Inuyasha while he was at the village. All he knew was that Inuyasha was a loved one of the sort. Yusuke could now understand why the Miko had reacted so badly to the hanyou. He wondered if he would act the same with Keiko if anything happened to her.
 
“He was resurrected hanyou, there's a difference,” Yusuke said.
 
“Inuyasha died in the final battle with Naraku. He took a fatal hit for her because he loved her,” Hiei explained.
 
“She should know that he's not the same,” Yusuke scoffed.
 
“That's so sad,” Yukina whispered as her eyes watered. Hiei looked nervous as he looked over at his sister. Kuwabara pulled her into a hug as she continued to speak. “Her fist love dies protecting her, then her second love dies, and then she is met with resurrected first love. My heart aches for her.”
 
“It is horrible,” Kuwabara agreed. He was surprised that Miko wasn't crazed with that type of heartache.
 
“As tragic as it is, she must be dealt with an enemy,” Yusuke firmly said.
 
“I have to disagree with you,” Kurama quickly said.
 
“I have to disagree also,” Kuwabara agreed to disagree.
 
“Matters like this don't concern me,” Hiei snorted before he jumped into the tree again.
 
“What is there to disagree with?” Yusuke demanded.
 
“Her emotions are toyed with, she may not fight him, but she won't join with him,” Kurama firmly said.
 
“How would you feel if you were put in that situation with Keiko?” Kuwabara whispered as he looked at Yukina. Yusuke scoffed and turned away from the group, a situation like that he feared the most.
 
 
 
 
It was a silent and cold night that would make even the Youkai shiver. The air around the area just seemed thick with malice. The young woman blinked her brown eyes before she held the keys tighter in her hand. Footsteps echoed behind her as she sped up her pace. The car was only a few feet away. Her keys fell to the ground with a clink and she cursed. She knelt down picked up the keys in a hurry. Her eyes studied the pair of feet that stopped in front of her. She couldn't help but feel the fear spread through her mind.
 
Her brown eyes traveled up the black boots. She followed the jean material up to clean and neat white dress shirt. The man's face held a soothing smile that disturbed her to no end. His short brown hair was pushed away from his eyes. Her brown eyes met his brown eyes and she stood and backed away. Those eyes flashed violet as he smiled at her.
 
“Are you Yukimura Keiko?” The man kindly asked.
 
“Who wants to know?” Keiko warily asked as put the keys in her hand so they poked through her closed fingers like claws.
 
“You're boyfriend's Yusuke Urameshi, right?” The man asked with a humored voice.
 
“How do you know Yusuke?” Keiko demanded; she didn't like the feel of this person.
 
“I know Yusuke because I want to kill him,” the man calmly announced.
 
Keiko's eyes widened and she took off running down the street. She screamed as something tackled her to the ground. Her back hit the sidewalk as the man held her down by the neck. Keiko choked for air and brought her fist up towards his face. The keys cut across his face and left large gashes. He pulled back with a hiss and Keiko got up to run. She fell to the ground as he reached out and grabbed her ankle.
 
“You bitch!” The man menacingly growled.
 
Keiko turned to hit him again and he pulled back. His anger got the better of him and he wrapped her hair in his fist. He pulled her head back before he slammed into the lamppost. She stopped struggling and her form went limp. He smiled at his work and wiped the blood away from his cuts. Reaching down he picked up her form and walked through a portal. Everything would go perfect and he would have his Miko broken to his will. He laughed as he planned everything out so perfectly.
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Oh! A cliffhanger! You'll never guess who the man is! The whole idea to make the villain who he is came to me when I listening to Nirvana. What Nirvana and the villain have to do with each other, I have no clue what so ever. The villain came to me and I thought perfect twist in order to make the story longer.
I'm going to be posting another fic with Kagome and Kuronue for a pairing it will be called the Broken Angel
Please leave a review! I'm going to post any replies to reviews at http://caffeinepsycho.blogspot.com/