InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Lost Mother ❯ Fleeting glimpse of mother and son pt2 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: Hi guys! I know this was delayed, and I promised I'd have it post right after part I, but I got bit in the ass by life…and it didn't feel too good, let me tell you that. I've been uber busy, finals, work, funerals, computer crashing *blames Kikyo* (I watched an episode of InuYasha on the computer and it froze on Kikyo's face and then it wouldn't turn on…), getting sick *blames Kikyo again* (I don't know why, I just don't like her…) and yeah. So here is the second part of chapter 4!
 
…*smirks* with a twist. (…that most likely would get you confuzzled. It had me stumped for a bit.)
 
Chapter 4, pt II
 
`blah'-Kurama
`blah'-Youko
`blah'-Hiei
 
Kagome tapped her foot against the hardwood floor near the door. `Jeez,' she thought, `where is he? We need to go shopping now!' No one, not even InuYasha could stop her need to shop. And finally, after five minutes of waiting (A/N- kag exaggerated, ne?) a jean clad, red hoodie wearing, black-haired, violet-eyed InuYasha walked down the stairs, hopping on one foot then the other, trying to get his shoes on. Kagome gave an exasperated sigh, watching him hop.
 
“Well come on, we haven't got all day now!” she said. InuYasha just grunted as she grabbed his arm, hauling him through the doorway, releasing him only to shut the shoji door, and dangerously dragging him down the many shrine steps.
 
As the two walked down the busy streets of Tokyo, arms hooked as Kagome hummed a song, they both spotted a group of boys that Kagome was intent on avoiding. All her avoiding though was useless as two of the boys spotted her and grinned and made their way to her, just barely getting run over (...again for one person) by the mid-morning traffic, while the rest just ignored them and moving along. Kagome faked a groan when they were close enough. Though known as trouble makers, they were as sweet as can be…though one could be called mentally retarded. (A/N- kitty-lover, yukina-lover bashing!!!)
 
“Yo Kags!” the dark haired one shouted. Kagome raised her hand in the hair and said a `hey'. As the boys drew closer, InuYasha could see them better. Both had gelled up hair, and by the looks of it, the black-haired one had the most. While InuYasha did his viewing, the orange-haired guy came up to Kagome and kneeled down with hearts in his eyes, but was then mauled in the back by the black-haired one. These boys looked like trouble to him…
 
Kagome just shook her head at their immatureness. “Oh Yusuke, stop hitting the poor boy, you'll give him more brain damage than we need.”
 
The boy just grunted, but crossed his arms and left the other boy alone as she said. Kagome kneeled down next to the orange haired guy. “Ano, Kuwabara?” The boy gave no response so she poked him slightly, watching him twitch in odd amusement. “Kuuuwwwaaabbbaarra!” she sang out. Kagome shook her head and stood up, facing Yusuke.
 
“Looks like you knocked him out. Guess you have to carry him home. So what's up Yuske? I haven't seen or heard from you in a while. How're you and Keiko? Are you even attempting to go to school? How that job of yours? I heard it took a lot of time. So how-”
 
InuYasha covered her mouth with one hand. “Let the poor boy answer your questions first. Then you can babble all you want,” he said. Kagome glared at him before turning to the thoughtful Yusuke.
 
“Yuske?”
 
“Not too much. I know. Me and Keiko are fine. No, but I am being forced to. It sucks. It does,” Yusuke said all of a sudden.
 
“Huh?” Kagome looked so lost; it was funny.
 
Yusuke grinned. “Wow, how smart you've gotten Kagome-chan! We honor your intellect!” He made a mock bowing gesture, watching Kagome purse her lips and glare at him. “I'm kidding, no need to look like you're about to castrate me,” he said nervously. As Kagome was about to reply the forgotten group that ignored the two boys cried out, “WELL? Are we going or what?” InuYasha could hear Kagome whisper under her breath, muttering something about them being bunch of old crabs.
 
A brown haired girl shrieked out louder than the rest, “YUSUKE URAMESHI! YOU ARE GOING TO COME BACK THIS INSTANT AND TAKE ME ON A PROPER DATE THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE YOU DITCHING ME!!!” As the girl took deep breaths to calm her breathing, many people including innocent bystanders paused their life to watch this somewhat amusing scene.
 
Here, a girl of about 16, light brown hair, stocky, and extremely red faced and angry yelled at the notorious Yusuke Urameshi, the ultimate bad boy. As soon as the girl got her breath back, she started screaming again. “THIS INSTANT, WHICH MEANS HURRY UP!!” Yusuke grumbled under his breath, picked up Kuwabara, and said a quick good bye and started walking back to the group, watching out for cars. Apparently walking wasn't good enough when the girl started yelling. “I SAID NOW!”
 
Yusuke, being the always rebellious child, replied, “You never said `now'! You said `this instant'. And that isn't the same as now…I think.” And as he thought over the difference, the bomb just exploded. “GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW OR I WILL CASTRATE YOU RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, AND SHORTY IS GOING TO LET ME USE HIS SWORD!!!” Yusuke just paled and sprinted to her. `I wonder what got her nerves all bunched,' he thought.
 
Kagome was glaring at the other girl across the street, same with Keiko. `God, so rude!' she thought. InuYasha could tell by the way Kagome's eyes flamed that if they stayed here any longer, the still passerby's would see more than just yelling, so he grabbed her arm and dragged her, the glaring little miko, to the grocery store, which so happens to go the same way as the group. At last, they reached the store without any fights, just some jealous glaring from the brunette.
 
In the store, Kagome and InuYasha parted ways, one searching for needed items, while one concentrated on the one thing that was almost always on his mind. Ramen.
 
As Kagome went around the store looking for her necessities, she decided that some tea later for the group would help them relax as they sought the shards Naraku released as he died. That last action was like saying, “So I died, doesn't mean that you won! So f*&^ you!” (A/N: censored version thanks to Kagome's SITting threat to InuYasha ::grins and bows::)
 
In the aisle looking for tea, so caught up in memories of what Naraku did as he lay dying, she bumped into a certain red-head as she was reaching out for the green cinnamon tea. (A/N: I know it sounds gross, but it is actually really good!)
 
“Oh, gomen nasai miss, I wasn't looking where I was going. Are you alright?” he said.
 
“Oh, yes, I'm fine. Um, I'm Kagome. Who're you?” Kagome said.
 
“I am Minamino Suiichi,” and Kurama took Kagome's hand and gently kissed it.
 
“Oh,” Kagome said. “Hey, are you the one with the fan clubs at Meiou High School?” Kurama gulped and hesitatingly nodded. He felt a natural pull towards her, and he could tell that Youko felt the same when his other soul began to purr; he felt like he could tell her anything, but he didn't want his reputation interrupting from his rare love life. Kagome giggled. “Ah, poor you. Unfortunately, my friends are part of one of your fan clubs.” Kurama sagged in relief. So she wouldn't freak out if she found out he was the famous Shuiichi.
 
Seeing as they were now all mostly relaxed, he trusted enough with his nickname that the Spirit Detectives used.
 
“So Shuiichi-san, what are you doing here, mingling with us non-famous people?” Kagome said it with humor so that he would not take her seriously.
 
“I just came to take some tea for my mother; she's been so stressed lately.” Kurama smiled. “My friends call me Kurama. I would be delighted if you could use that name. After all, I wish to be better acquainted with you” His emerald eyes brimmed in slight gold made contact with her brilliant sapphire eyes and they both felt like falling into one another.
 
“Sure, Kurama-kun.”
 
`Let's go and get `better acquainted' with her…'
`Youko! We just met her!'
`So? You agree with me too Red.'
`Ye-Yeah, but we should take it slow, and be like a gentleman.'
Youko snorted.`Gentleman, eh? Well don't gentlemen pay attention and listen while in a conversation with a woman?'
`Argh! Youko, just be quiet! Remember if I lose my chance, then so do you!'
 
“Huh?”
 
“Kurama-kun, are you well? You looked sort of pensive there. I asked what kind of tea your mother would like, and you were just quiet.”
 
“Oh, she likes chamomile tea, but lately she says its not as relaxing as before, so I'm thinking of getting something new, one that she never tried yet.”
 
Kagome nodded. “I'll suggest the green cinnamon tea.” Kurama looked at her skeptically. “What? It may sound odd and not too relaxing, but it's actually the opposite; it's quite refreshing and relaxing. It's just like green tea, except with some cinnamon brewed with it.” Kurama nodded and reached out to take the small box from its shelf, but Kagome already handed the one in her hand. As he took the box from her, their hands connected, his covering hers, and his thumb unconsciously rubbing over her knuckles.
 
Kagome blushed and looked into his eyes as his captured and held hers. It was just comforting silence that filled the space between them, until InuYasha interrupted it with his usual way.
 
“Oi, wench, I got the Ramen you needed and the Ramen I wanted. Can we head out now?” Kagome broke eye contact with Kurama and quickly pushed the box of tea into Kurama's hands. She turned around and sweat dropped at the sight before her eyes. InuYasha had a basket with Ramen dangling from one hand while carrying 4 other packs that was on her list. She guessed that the Ramen in the basket was the one he wanted. She was so embarrassed that Kurama had to see what her friend could be liked. Kurama was just amused and shocked that her hanyou friend had all that Ramen and that she knew of demons.
 
`That just makes the telling her of us easier
`Yeah…I wonder if she just goes for dogs…'Kurama added that as a joke, though he agreed with the kitsune.
`Hehe, maybe, but I'll just have to show her that foxes are better than dogs'
 
Kurama sweat dropped, then turned his attention back to Kagome and her inu-hanyou friend. He watched Kagome turn red and heard her whisper furiously to her friend.
 
Then she turned to him and said, “I'm sorry, Kurama-kun, but InuYasha,” a glare directed to the hanyou, “is impatient, as usual,”
 
“Oi! Wench, I am not im-”
 
A glare threatening a million SITs when they got home quickly stopped InuYasha's runaway mouth before directing the rest of the sentences to Kurama.
“-and would like to leave. It was a pleasure to meet you.” Kagome bowed and lead InuYasha away, obviously scolding him in whispers as his shoulders slumped. Kurama jogged a bit to Kagome before handing her a piece of paper with his number.
 
“I'd really like to talk to you again in the future, would that be okay?” Kagome looked to her side and saw Kurama's hand holding out a piece of paper asking if they could keep in touch. She blushed, knowing this was the first real contact of boys, InuYasha didn't count because he tried to kill her and he was still hung-up on a dead ex-girlfriend and Hojo didn't count either because he was too…too…naïve.
 
“S-Sure Kurama-kun, it would be nice,” stuttered Kagome. He smiled before nodding to InuYasha in goodbye, who just glared, and walked away to continue any other grocery shopping he needed. Kagome sighed and turned to InuYasha.
 
“How could you get all that? I can't believe you! Well, I can, but I just didn't think you would get that much!” exclaimed Kagome.
 
“Feh! Don't underestimate me,” said InuYasha. They just continued fighting, Kagome leading the way to the cash register and holding a package of tea and the four Ramen packages she wanted.
 
(A/N: okay you guys! Here's the meeting! ::twitches:: aren't you excited about the reactions? I am, and I'm the one writing the story )
 
Suddenly, Kagome bumped into someone and they both fell to the floor, with all of Kagome's things.
 
“Oh, gomen ne, mister, I wasn't-”
 
Kagome's apology was cut off when she heard, “Wench, next time watch where you're going! Keh,”
 
“InuYasha! It wasn't looking where I was going and-”
 
“Onna, I am not this `InuYasha' but by the way the man behind you is looking, he is the InuYasha. Now move.” Kagome was shocked. But only InuYasha spoke like that! Who was this man?
 
(A/N (again): Anyone know?)
Kagome looked up from the floor to see a short man, just about five feet, dressed in all black with black spiky hair with a little white starburst and ruby eyes that widened when they came into contact with hers.
 
TBC
 
Me: WEEEE! I finally updated! And I am really sorry for the long wait, and since this Christmas, or was Christmas a few days ago, I'm giving my readers and reviewers a present! Three new, long chapters! I update more, but school is starting soon, and I'll be busy, but I will update!!! This is present one of 3! And thanks to all my faithful readers and reviewers who have been patient, ARIGATOU!!!