InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Beautiful Mistake ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and Co.

A Beautiful Mistake

Chapter One



Why?

All was quiet while she pushed her soft palms into the temple of her forehead.

How could I have been so stupid?

She continued to massage her palms into her temples as she beat herself up.

I love you...

Those are trick words...

Her hands glided down her face, giving her a wide-awake refreshing feeling and she stood from the toilet seat to look into the full-length mirror in the corner.

Maybe not intentional trick words...

She combed her fingers through her long black hair as she turned sideways and ran her hands over her body. She palmed her small but perky breasts and then smoothed her cami top over her flat stomach.

I do not think he will ever look at me the same...

Her stormy blue eyes glazed over and shined with tears.

"Sissy! I need to use the bathroom and Mom says you need to hurry up and come down stairs before your oatmeal gets cold. It's nice and lumpy the way you like it."

Shoot...

"Just a moment Souta...I'm not quite done."

Quickly she turned the faucet on and splashed cold water on her face, and while drying her hands she glanced down at the counter where a little plastic stick read pregnant.

Grapping the object that officially marked the end of her teenage life, she shoved it into her purse and opened the bathroom door.

Standing in the hall was her little brother with a goofy grin on his face.

"It's all yours squirt!"

Patting him on the head, she put on a smile and skipped her way down the stairs and into the kitchen trying not to think about her ticking bomb in her purse.

Her mother stood in the kitchen, wearing a smile that seemed to be permanently engraved into her face.

"Good morning, Kagome."

"Good morning, Mom."

They exchanged greetings as she sat in her usual spot and all she could visualize is that soon she would be able to use her stomach as a table.

Why me?

Looking down into her oatmeal, that held lumps that she normally loved, she could not help but feel sickened by it.

She puffed up her cheeks but found that that did not really help so she stood and scurried to the kitchen trash and emptied all the contents of last night’s supper into it.

"Oh, Kagome dear! Are you okay?!" Her mother came rushing to her side, feeling her forehead for a fever.

"You're not running a fever, do you feel alright?"

Uh-Oh.

"No, I'm fine Mom. Just nervous, I have a test in history today..."

A lie...

"Are you sure?"

No

"Yes."

Smiling she looked her mom in the eye while she wiped her mouth of any lingering pieces. Washing her hands, she decided that she was not hungry anymore.

"I think maybe I should get heading to school, Sango wanted me to meet up with her at the bus stop."

Her mother rubbed her back as she drank from a glass of water.

"Well, okay. I packed a lunch for you, it's in the fridge."

"Thanks Mom."

She smiled at her once again while she grabbed her purse and her lunch.

What am I going to do?

Stopping at the front door, she bent over to grab her school bag and she had to shake her head because she envisioned a car seat instead.

All she could do was groan inwards.



I am pregnant...

"So my mom went out and got me one of those little driving booklets. She said I need to start studying so that next year I can get my license."

I am pregnant before I got my license...

"My mom isn't so sure she wants me to learn how to drive."

Sango was silent.

"But that's okay, I can just read yours."

She smiled at her friend, who returned the gesture.

"Inuyasha could always teach you how to drive too." Sango leaned into her giggling as a normal fifteen-year-old girl would. Kagome only stood still.

"What's wrong Kags? Did something happen?"

Oh yeah, something happened all right.

"..."

Sango stared at her with her big brown eyes, gripping the straps of her backpack just waiting for something, anything.

Then it hit her, out of nowhere.

"Oh my god...no?!"

Kagome gaped.

Was it that obvious?

"No way?! You guys, you and Inuyasha. You did what married people do?"

She actually let out a sigh of relief...then she remembered.

"Yes...but..."

Sango's backpack hit the ground with a loud thud.

Looking both ways she then leaned forward and in a low voice, "Was it what anything like you thought it would be?"

Minus the fact that a new chapter of her life was starting before she was finished with the last, "Yeah, it was amazing. He was gentle with me, and he called me the next day."

"So what's the problem?"

Bending over she picked up her pack as they heard the bus coming down the street towards them. Amazingly, they were the only teens waiting.

Kagome looked both ways before she spoke again.

"Sango...I'm pregnant."

She bit her lip.

Sango passed out.

I am pregnant and I am fifteen...