InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Beautiful Mistake ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and Co.

A Beautiful Mistake

Chapter Two


"So..."

Sango was trying to pry with out actually prying.

Kagome was only silent, just staring into her lunch that her mother had packed for her.

Tuna...yuck.

"Sooo...." She tried again.

Kagome knew what she wanted but she didn't want to talk about it. If she could she'd rather just pretend like it wasn't happening. Of course she knew you could only do that for so long, sooner or later a baby would come out.

"So what?"

Sango's eyes bulged, she was really trying to pretend like there was nothing to talk about.

"What do you mean what? You know what! You have to talk about it some time Kagome."

She knew that, she wasn't stupid. Just wishing...

"I know Sango." She sighed as she shoved the tuna sandwich back into the bag, she wasn't hungry anymore.

"When are you going to tell Inuyasha?"

Her heart started beating at a thousand miles per minute at the mention of his name.

"Tell me what?"

The previously mentioned male asked as he arrived out of nowhere. With his voice added to the equation Kagome's heart stopped and she had to gasp for air.

Sango didn't even notice, she was too fixated on Inuyasha, trying to come up with something to say to steer away from the real conversation on the table.

"Umm..."

She had no need for a filler though, Kagome's struggle for air soon turned into hyperventilation.

Kagome's small hands grasped the edge of the table trying to breathe, yet no matter how hard she tried she couldn't get a sufficient amount of air into her body.

Quickly Inuyasha grabbed the brown bag that held her uneaten tuna sandwich and dumped the contents onto the table.

"Here," He handed the bag to her, "breathe deep in and out into the paper bag, it'll help."

Kagome did just that and she was finally able to catch her breathe, yet all she wanted to do was cry.

Tears just immediatley poured from her eyes and down her cheeks, she couldn't be around him. She needed to get away.

Standing she turned and looked him in the golden eyes with her ocean orbs and began crying harder and then took off to the office. She couldn't be here, not today.

Kagome, wanted her mom, even if it meant she had to tell her that she'd be a grandmother in a little over nine months.

All Inuyasha and Sango could do was watch as she took off towards the office in tears, Inuyasha had made to go after her but was held off by Sango.

"We should just let her be for now, maybe you could give her a call later."

It was obvious the concern that ran threw his eyes about Kagome, but it wasn't her place to inform him of what was going on. Though she did feel the urge to just blurt it out.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No, I think it might just be that time of the month."

That's definitley far off...



Kagome placed her school bag on the floor near the front door about two hours earlier than normal while her mother shut the door behind her.

"Why don't you go lay down on the couch sweetheart, while I go make you some chicken noodle soup."

A tempting offer it was but honestly she really didn't have much of an appetite.

"Actually Mom, I don't need any chicken noodle soup."

Her mother just gave her a curious look from the dining room.

"I just need to talk to you."

She about chocked up just thinking about telling her.

"Well okay, honey."

Her mother made her way to the couch in the living room, she followed slowly. It felt as if she was making her way through some really thick mud.

As she sat down she sighed, wondering if anything would ever be the same again. Tears were pricking at the corners of her eyes, all she could feel was scared.

Scared of what she would say.

Scared of disappointing her.

Scared she wouldn't love her anymore.

Scared...

Then her mother took her hand and squeezed it, and then she felt like she could take on the world.

"Mom."

Silence.

"I'm...."

Her throat suddenly felt as if it had closed up, but she knew it was too late to back out now.

"pregnant."

It came out mumbled and her throat suddenly opened up, the imaginary peanut butter gone.

"I'm sorry dear, I couldn't quite understand you."

"I'm pregnant."

Her mother's eyes bulged as she started to cry once again. Her heart was tight within her chest, all wound up.

Then suddenly she felt a soft hand rub against her back, unwinding her heart and suddenly she felt better.

Not as scared.

She still loves me.

No words were spoken, only tears spilled as her mother embraced her.

"It's okay honey, we'll figure this out together."

Together



A/N: I plan on having more chapters for this story. No it won't go on forever and ever but at least fifteen to twenty chapters is what I'm aiming for...if that. Okay, so I plan on writing about the pregnancy and a little after she pops lol.