InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Beautiful Mistake ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and Co.

A/N: Just added an authors note at the end, please read!


A Beautiful Mistake

Chapter Three


A couple weeks had gone by since she had confessed to her mother that she was pregnant, and yet she still had not gained the courage to tell Inuyasha. Fortunately, she had gained the ability to be around him without crying about the hidden problem.

Moreover, at times Kagome would catch herself rubbing her tummy when she began to feel nervous or if she was lying, down at night and could not sleep.

Her first doctor’s appointment was scheduled for tomorrow morning and her mother had given her all kinds of support, but had warned her that she needed to inform Inuyasha of the situation before they went to the appointment in the morning.

So here she stood, in front of his locker in the senior section, just waiting for him to pick up a book.

"He's a nice guy Kagome, more mature than most boys his age. A little quiet, but that's a sign he's a thinker."

Her mother spoke those words to her when she expressed her fear of him freaking out and avoiding her for the rest of her life, though she knew Inuyasha was better than that.

"Excuse me freshman, is there anything I can help you with?"

Kikyou...

"No, just waiting for Inuyasha."

Kagome fidgeted underneath the scrutiny of the older and more sophisticated senior girl, she turned her head both ways looking for any sign of Inuyasha.

None

She snorted a little bit, tossed her long black hair over her shoulders, and pierced her with her cold brown eyes, "Try not to linger for too long, freshman classes are a ways from here." Then she was gone leaving a bit of cold air behind, causing Kagome to shiver.

Pulling on the sleeve of her sweater, she looked down to her feet where her white tennis shoes rested beneath her baggy jeans. Her mother said that she did not look any different or bigger yet Kagome could not help but feel as if she already had a bulge to tell all. Therefore, she wore bigger close to hide her invisible fat from the world.

Smooth lips brushed against her cheek as silver hair mixed with her dark locks causing a salt, pepper mixture and a genuine smile passed over her own lips, and suddenly she was not so afraid anymore.

"You're the best thing I've seen all day." He whispered into her ear and sent chills down her spine and she remembered why she gave herself to him too soon.

"Inuyasha." She softly spoke his name and she watched as his ear twitched just a smidge at the sound of her voice, so she knew he heard her.

His head turned slightly as he fumbled with the lock on his locker, to let her know she had his full attention.

"We need to talk."

Not exactly, the words any teenager in a relationship wanted to hear from their significant other, but she did not want to just blurt it out here, where just about anyone with ears could hear.

Inuyasha stopped everything, turned to look her in the face, and rested his hands on her shoulders. "What's wrong Kags? Did I do something wrong?"

"Well...yes and no." Her heart was starting to beat too fast for her once again, and she knew he could hear it. "It's big, like really huge, but not break up worthy...I think."

His form seemed to relax as she spoke those final words, but she knew everything would change once she told him the truth.

"Well how about I give you a ride home and we can talk about it then." He flashed a toothy grin as he shut his locker door and slung his arm around her shoulder.

"Okay."




"I'm pregnant."

She whispered it, though she knew he could hear her with those sharp ears of his that adorned the top of his head. There was only silence though as they turned the corner in his dark red Monte Carlo.

Beginning to cry she started rambling.

"I'm sorry Inuyasha, I should have asked you to wear a condom." Rubbing her eyes as the fat crocodile tears rolled down her cheeks she began to choke on her words. "I'm...s..o...so..rrrr...yyyy."

It was silent the rest of the ride, she managed to calm herself down by the time they pulled into the drive of her house. Instead of getting out, she just sat there in silence alongside Inuyasha who just stared into his steering wheel.

"I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow morning at ten. It is in the medical plaza on the first floor, go home tonight, and talk to your brother and...if...if you w...want to be there for me just show up."



He drove the rest of the way home in a zombie like state, not knowing what to think or where to start. His first reaction was to think how.

However, he was not stupid and naive, he knew how and why. How was he to go about the situation, was the real question.

Abortion...

He wanted to slap himself silly for even bringing it up in his mind, so that was a negative.

Adoption...

There were plenty of people out there that would love to raise a child but were unable to produce their own.

Kagome...

Where was she in all of this, she did not even mention where she really stood on the situation. The only thing that was clear was she wanted to know if he wanted any say so in the matter.

Sitting in his car in the driveway in front of his brother’s house, he realized that he only cared to do what Kagome wanted to do. Whatever she says is what would go.

Walking into his house and slipping off his shoes, he was greeted by his older brother, only in an obligatory manner.

"Good afternoon, little brother."

Stopping he looked him straight in the eye, with a look that a seventeen year old boy is not supposed to wear.

"Sesshomaru, I'm going to be a father."

For the first time in his entire life, he saw his brother lose his calm and stoic demeanor right before he uncharacteristicly passed out.




The next morning Inuyasha showed up at Kagome's house at nine in the morning, he was going to ride with her to the doctor's instead of just showing up to meet her.

It felt right.



End



A/N: I've decided to just end it here, I sat down to write the next chapter and honestly I just can't see any point in going any further. I believe the message I initially wanted to send has been received. Also it will give me more time to get back to my story The Keeper.