InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Bit of Child's Play ❯ A Shard? Where? ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha or the characters
 
And thus it begins again the era of Fiction, >.> Fanfiction Muahahahahaha!!! O.o
 
Recap: Katie, an American girl flew all the way to Japan to find out what had become of her friend Kagome, whom she had just missed, Mr. Higurashi, Kagome's Grandfather had said she was ill and could not allow Katie to stay.
 
Katie visited the well and slipped pulling her guardian in with her. A strange light appeared and when they had exited the well and were greeted by a strange Monk named Miroku.
 
~:~~;~~:~
 
A peaceful little village nestled in a clear area of the forest appeared before her and this “so called” Miroku. Katie marveled at the little wonder before her, completely dismissing the monk as she rushed ahead with the wolf hot on her heels. “It's so marvelous, isn't it Mizamique?” The wolf gave a curt nod before sniffing about.
 
~~
 
Inuyasha jumped to his feet and rushed out suddenly yanking Tetsaiga free of its sheath. “Who the hell are you!?” he yelled causing Mizamique to run in front of Katie transforming to her full demonic size. Her, now, blood-red eyes glaring at the Hanyou and a spirit like female appeared above. Her large white wings, of a guardian, spread to the reaches of sight.
 
“You shall not harm my charge,” the spirit replied in a faraway voice, like that of a spirit.
 
“Oh yea, well who the hell are you anyway?” Kagome took this time to appear from the doorway. Katie cowered behind her guardian, the young Miko's face lit up as she rushed over to the American girl.
 
“Katie!” Kagome rushed up to her, throwing wide her arms only to wrap them around Katie's neck. The older looking girl squealed in delight, hugging Kagome back, forcing the battle to cease. Inuyasha put Tetsaiga away and the wolf returned to its smaller, blue-eyed form, then began to investigate the Hanyou's unique smell. The angelic ghost-like figure reappeared quite a short distance away a barely visible chain connected her to the wolf by their heart's.
 
“You have a most interesting smell,” she told a very confused Inuyasha. “I apologize I was not able to catch your name earlier.”
 
“Why should you care? You're a demon. You should already know what I am,” he replied coldly. The wolf's mournful whimper and the sad look that crossed the normally stoic features was enough to rip anyone's heart in two. “Wha-what did I say?” he asked as she turned away, her ethereal form disappearing, leaving the sulking wolf behind.
 
“Aww, Mizamique is sad,” Katie looked from her guardian to Inuyasha. “It's hard for a demon to fit into the world of humans.”
 
“Inu-yasha,” Kagome started but Katie swiftly stopped her from “sitting” him by covering her mouth.
 
“No, no, bad Kagome, he doesn't understand where Mizamique and I come from, let me finish explaining.” Now Inuyasha was interested, not only had she put Kagome in her place but had stopped a whole world of pain for Inuyasha. She grabbed him by the sleeve, “Here we'll have to follow Mizamique until she can transform back so Kagome please don't follow,” she bowed slightly, her eyes closed.
 
“Ok,” Kagome's consent was all she needed before following her guardian to an area of some distance from Kagome only then to shift to her female form. Inuyasha was shocked at what he saw before him almost the perfect image of Kagura except for the fact her eyes were blue.
 
“Kagura?” Mizamique gave him a questioning glance.
 
“Who is this Kagura?” her accent was definitely foreign, most specifically, French. Now that he inspected her closer he noticed her face was a little bit longer and her beauty more profound. She shook her self out of her confusion, “Any way, me and my charge, have come from Kagome's time. We have no idea where we are, all we know is zat we must return home to America very, very soon,” her words were indeed heavily accented but slow enough for him to decipher. A tinge of understanding lit his eyes for a moment. He sighed.
 
“I am a Hanyou,” he replied half-heartedly.
 
“I see. It must be a lot harder for you. You may consider me an ally to your cause while we are here then.” The woman's words set him off balance.
 
“Wait, you are willing to help, someone with only half your strength?” He asked incredulously. She gave a slight chortle.
 
“My mother once told me that Hanyou's are no different perhaps even more powerful than yukai. She told me of one specifically, fit's your description quite well, that defeated another Hanyou. She didn't refer to him as Hanyou. However, she referred to him as a monster. She did not know the names though, so I do not even know if it was true.” She paused to gauge Inuyasha's reaction before continuing. “I feel as long as I believe in it that I will find if it is indeed truth, and until I see otherwise, it is true.” Inuyasha stood there for few moments's collecting himself and when he finally came back to reality the two were already gone. He cursed to himself before heading back towards the village.
 
~~
 
Katie watched as Mizamique, in her demon form, began to play with Shippo. Even though she wasn't a Kitsune, she began to help him with his powers, being able to mimic other demons very well with her illusions. Her real power she kept hidden deep within until she absolutely had to use it to protect her charge from harm. Mizamique sighed after her little session with the young fox, thinking back to the chat she had with Inuyasha, and wondered even now if she should have told him why she was destined to follow her charge to the ends of the earth and through-out all time. No, She decided remembering a few years back how Katie had begged her not to tell young Kagome about her condition. She told Kagome it was an illness instead something she had had since birth and would have for all time. It wasn't far from the truth though it did seem to be an illness that Katie could not control leaving her weak and defenseless afterwards.
 
Katie took this time to pull her out of her musings, “My sweet, Mizamique,” she patted the white wolf gently. “I feel something coming. It does not seem to offer a threat but just to be safe.” she pointed off in a single direction, Mizamique nodded and dashed off with demonic speed towards the disturbance.
 
Kagome called Katie's name and they began to chat like old friends that hadn't spoken in ages, catching each other up on what they had missed. Until, Kagome acted upon a feeling that had been itching in the back of her head, for quite some time.
 
“Katie, why do I sense a Jewel Shard on you?” Katie looked at her quizzically.
 
“What's a Jewel Shard?” She asked Kagome “Oh-ed” before pulling out a small jar with a few gems that looked like the one on her necklace.
 
“Oh, I have one of those,” She pulled up her necklace and showed it to the group.
 
“How did you get it?” Sango asked.
 
“Well right before I went home after my last visit, something flew down my throat. When I went to the doctors to have it checked out, they had to remove my tonsils and that's what they found inside.” Kagome pursed her lips in frustration. She didn't want to just take the Jewel Shard, “Here Kagome, I'll let you take care of it for me.” The older girl handed the necklace to Kagome.
 
“Are you sure?” The young Miko asked.
 
“You remember all those weird dreams and visions I started to have about people dieing?” Tears welled up in Katie's eyes, Kagome nodded, “I think these gave me those bad dreams, Kagome. I don't want them anymore please take it, please.” Kagome accepted the shard and placed it with the rest. Katie started to shake then stood and began to walk away from everyone. Kagome attempted to put a halt in her escape. “Kagome, please, please stay here. I'll be back,” Her voice was full of cheer but her face was full of unspoken dread. Inuyasha stumbled upon the scene as Katie departed.
 
“What's up with her?” he questioned, everyone glared at him. “What!?”
 
“Inuyasha, sit boy!” was all Kagome could say, in her frustration.
 
~:~~;~~:~
 
Sneak Peek: “Temper, temper, my guardian, if that is indeed what you are, I need to feed and you know that,” The creature laughed aloud the sound ringing for miles around.