InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Meet the family ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
~~~Back to where Inuyasha and Kagome Left Sesshoumaru's office~~~
 
Now Sesshoumaru knew himself to be a patient person but today seemed to try that patience. Today he found an old enemy turned breeder and now she was his and his brothers. One read through of the folder and without second thoughts choose to belong to them. He had had to rethink his view on Kagome to many times and each time added another layer of enigma yet while another mystery was solved. One of the biggest ones was the one involving his brother. Now over the centuries he got to know his brother very well and had known that he had been waiting for something for a very long time. To find out that it had been her that he had been waiting so long for surprised him.
 
So long ago he had assumed that it was his brother that had made the woman smell so clean for the sake of his nose. But now he reanalyzed the past he realized that she herself took care of bathing and that her smell was not enhanced by perfumes or any other smell that humans were so fond of placing upon themselves.
 
The mystery of why she had been so out spoken was solved, along with her clothing, her smell, and why she had seemed to know more then the average human in that era. But the mystery of why she had confronted an obvious stronger opponent with no fear and continued even against Naraku remained.
 
She turned out to be very insightful in what made good business practice. She wanted to choose a house that she good get along with and asked for the personality profiles that had been done by my secretary. That itself showed intelligence because many breeders just looked at the dollar sign and never considered the person or people they would be working for. So instead they spent a lot of their money in court battling to get out of contracts that if they had chosen on like personalities they would've of had any problems. The most successful breeders were the ones that interviewed their clients first and negotiated the terms rather then just looking at the money and signing.
 
Another thing he had noticed was her smell when he had walked in to deliver the scores and had given her a once over to see if his doctor had been right about looking at this female. Surprisingly she had been right and the visit worthwhile. She had stood with confidence with only a hint of nervousness. The other females stood in fear or indifference, which is what he is used to. After they all had noticed him lust radiated off them all except her.
 
She had spoken his name in respect and a tremor of fear. He had given her a quick glance and had seen the look of shock upon her features. At the time he didn't understand how she had known his name or why she was shocked to see him but once she had explained that she had been the past female that had traveled with his brother it had made sense. For I had watched her secretly in the past when we had traveled together to defeat Naraku. I had watched her with the kit and the other members of the group. She was the one that had taught Rin so much about being a woman in the short time they had. I knew that she would make a great mother for she had the heart and the patience to deal with children. If I hadn't at the time been so against humans I might have taken her as a concubine and had her bare a few children. Though now I am glad of human research that would allow her to bare full blooded demons rather then hanyous. Needed though they are I didn't want my pups to be hanyous.
 
A little while after they had left I took a deep breath and all I could smell was orchids. Kagome's smell had over powered everything in my office not that I really minded but it made it so hard to concentrate. I got to work arranging for the time I needed to negotiate with her family their new status and the power that they were going to have now that their names would be associated. There was also the matter of the amount of money they wanted for her. A house Breeder didn't usually keep up in their families' lives since they would be concentrating on the social functions they had to attend to keep up house status and the children of their chosen house. Family ties could end up severed and the woman wouldn't support her parents or siblings at all. Not that I believed Kagome would sever all family ties it was harder to maintain them with the lives house breeders lead. She would have still lived in the family household for several years and the loss in the help of income was supposed to be made up for by the leader of the house.
 
I also had to arrange a quick appointment at the center to get her the prolong life shot. Not everyone was given this shot because it was saved mostly for breeders and those who could pay for it. Breeders got the shot for free because they needed to live longer because decades of their life would be in the breeder program and this was the human way of making up for it. Those who were too old could be given a shot to stop the effect of prolong or they could live out their lives extendedly. Many families had finally risen in power or wealth to be able to purchase the drug enough so that there were only the lower working classes that couldn't. Though the prices lowered a little each year as the process for the drug was refined and slowly becoming easier to make.
 
The biggest arrangements would be getting her a new wardrobe and planning her presentation to the other houses before anything could move forward. I would have to call and remind Inuyasha not to accept her advances too far until after the presentation. There would be mind readers from other houses and she had to remain pure in order to keep not only her honor but our status as well. Her going home for the night was probably a good idea so that I can talk to Inuyasha about it and the living arrangements. I wasn't sure I wanted her to stay with me for I valued my peace and quiet. A whole list swelled in my mind and I for once wasn't prepared as I normally was for this sort of thing. I had arranged this for thousands of breeders over the century I had been doing this and now it seemed almost impossible now that it was my turn to arrange it for me. However, truthfully though I was looking for a breeder usually I wouldn't have just handed over a contract and let her sign before I knew more about her and had had a few things arranged and set up before hand. Most houses had the basics for a house breeder in storage or some such place in case one came along they wanted.
 
Her scent lingered in my office and still surrounded me with a deep breath I leaned back to relax. This isn't any different from all the other occasions except that I was the one that was presenting and I would have to make sure to be with her to approve of the wardrobe. I needed to stay focused. She was pretty for a human and next year was my heat again. I might see if she was interested in helping me and even if she isn't I'm sure I could change her mind. My beast growled in pleasure at the thought.
 
~~~Back to Inuyasha and Kagome, Kagome. P.O.V. ~~~
 
The trip home I kept my hands and lips to myself. I was nervous and hoped that my family would like Inuyasha. I still didn't know if they would remember him. The elevator ride was silent and the chair arrived quickly to the side pad that was placed to call them when it wasn't the usual times. The closer to home I go the more worried I became. `Should I have asked mom before I signed?' Too late now but I hoped she wasn't mad at me. I had to do it.
 
When the chair arrived home I looked up at the shrine and remembered what it looked like before and wished it was still in the ground with the open sky above it.
 
“Hasn't changed much since I helped move it here.” said Inuyasha.
 
“It's a shrine it isn't supposed to change.” I said as I cast quick glances around.
 
“Nervous?” he asked tilting his head in a way that reminded me of Shippo.
 
“Like you don't already know the answer but yeah.”
 
“Don't be Kagome. You are now my house's breeder and there is a lot of respect now for that. Your mother should be proud because there have been hundreds of families that have tried to get me and my brother to look at their daughters and we could never agree. But we both agreed to you.” The words were heart felt and I knew that he was proud of me so I squared my shoulders and grabbed his hand for support as we made our way to the door.
 
I didn't bother to knock as I opened the door and to my surprise saw everyone sitting on the couch. My throat went dry as I came in but I didn't need to say anything for then Inuyasha came out from behind me and my family got up to greet Inuyasha.
 
“Hello Mr. Takahashi my name is O-dori Higurashi and this is my father ji-chan and my son Souta.
 
“Hello Mrs. Higurashi. I have escorted your daughter home in hopes that you will allow her to come back to the Eastern home of me and my brother so that we may finish the final arrangements. Of course you are welcome to come in the morning to check on her.”
 
My mother stood there obviously thinking when she frowned I knew the answer was no. “Mr. Takahashi while I know you are an honorable youkai I would prefer that she stay here at least for the night so that we can talk. Besides that I need to know what she wants to take with her so I can have it moved to her new home.”
 
I heard Inuyasha's slight sigh and he nodded his head. “Very well. I shall call you early to tell you if she has any appointments to attend to. My Brother is finalizing them as we speak. I would however like to invite you personally to the presentation of your daughter to the houses that will be given in a few days time. I will gladly cover any expenses of new clothes should you require them.” I had never heard Inuyasha speak so formally before. I was impressed that he hadn't let his disappointment show when I couldn't go back with him. We had finally seen each other again only to have so short a meeting.
 
“May I make a request Mr. Takahashi?”
 
“Depends on what kind.”
 
“Nothing much. Just come a little closer would you?” I saw his slight hesitation before he took a few steps forward. My mother reached up with both hands and started to rub his ears. I giggled. My mom did the exact same thing last time.
 
“My, they are as soft as they look.” Inuyasha turned red and very gently took my mom's wrists and pulled them away from his ears. “Kagome make sure you have some grand kids with those cute ears!” With that announcement she turned and left. I went red in mortification of my mother's statement and just couldn't believe that she would say that with Inuyasha right there.
 
“Yeah sis I want nieces and nephews to play with. You really know how to pick them huh?”
 
“Demon!” shouted grandpa as he threw sutras at Inuyasha. Once grandfather was done he gave a very satisfied smile and with Souta at his side followed mom into the kitchen laughing at me. Inuyasha turned towards me with a smirk, though his face was also red.
 
“Did she ever say that before?” I wasn't sure but if she said that now and she had liked his ears before, I could only imagine what thoughts she had of me and him getting together before would have been.
 
“I don't know. I don't think she had ever said it to my face but she always commented on your ears before.”
 
“Yeah?” he looked hopeful.
 
“Yeah.” I said as I nodded.
 
“Well goodnight Kagome. I will see you sometime tomorrow.” He gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked out the door closing it softly behind him.
 
“Kagome! Get in the kitchen we are having a family meeting!”