InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Questions and Arrangements ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~With Inuyasha~~~
 
I closed the door behind me and leaned against it. I was trying very hard not to go back in and take Kagome back with me like I used to. I heard her mom yell for a family meeting and I knew that I shouldn't be here but I just couldn't leave yet. I walked away and jumped up into the god tree far enough away that the house muffled the conversation but close enough that I didn't feel alone.
 
~~~With Kagome~~~
 
When I heard my mother yell I groaned. I so did not want to go in there because instead of interrogating me and Inuyasha they decided that it would just be me. I took a deep calming breath and walked towards the kitchen. One look around at their eager faces and I knew that an early bed time wasn't in my future. Sigh. I sat down and simply said, “What do you want to know?”
 
“How were you chosen?”- “Is his brother as cool looking?”- “What were you thinking granddaughter?”
 
On and on the questions went and I held up my hand for quiet. “I can only answer one question at a time guys.” Guilty looks were soon placed on each face.
 
“If you guys don't mind I need a few things answered first.” Said my mom. Nods came from the other two.
 
“How were you chosen Kagome? They have been looking for years for a breeder, I just don't understand.”
 
“Mom do you know what kind of youkai are?”
 
“No I can't say that I do.”
 
“They are Inu youkai mom. Their noses are VERY sensitive. Mr. Takahashi, that you saw earlier, took me back to his office. He asked if there was anything specific that I wanted and I said I wanted to look at the profiles of the house leaders to see who I could get along with. He handed me a very tall stack and offered lunch. I read through almost all of them when supper came round. His brother showed up and ate with us. I really liked the conversation and they both were gentlemen. As I was finishing up I spread the files out to see if there were any names I recognized when I saw theirs. I read it quickly and out of all the ones I read they seemed the nicest. When I asked if they were serious, they nodded, I accepted. According to the doctor I am as innocent as a ten year old mom that means my scent isn't carrying any other male's. It allows them to be near me with out having to filter out other smells.”
 
“I see, so is that why youkai usually only take whites as house breeders?”
 
“Well that is part of it. The other is that the breeder will carry the scent of the house and for the youkai that don't have a great sense of smell there is also a mark. It allows them to identify you. If you were carrying other scents if might be missed.”
 
“Okay. Well that explains how you were chosen but it doesn't explain why you accepted without consulting us first.” I knew mom would ask this question. How would you explain to her that a wish changed everyone's lives and that you knew both of the brothers over 900 years ago?
 
“Mom did you ever have trouble giving up one of the children you gave birth to?”
 
“Yeah almost all of them why?”
 
“I wouldn't be able to mom. I choose a house where I would be the female influence because neither of them have a mate. I choose to become a house breeder where all the children I gave birth to I would be able to stay near. Out of all the houses this one had the easiest males to get along with besides aren't they handsome?” sigh. “Anyway I jumped at the chance because I didn't want them changing their minds when I went home. That is the best answer I can give you about why I didn't talk to all of you first.” I held my breath as I waited for the verdict. I knew my mom understood what I had said but whether she approved or not was another matter. I watched her carefully as her eyebrows drew together in concentration. Silence reigned.
 
A few minutes later my mother sighed and nodded her head. “Are you sure this is the house you want to be in?”
 
“Yes mom.”
 
“How are you so sure?”
 
“I feel like I know them. Or at least these two I understand.”
 
“But you haven't met any other leader. You might find another better suited to you.” She said trying to get me to at least look around.
 
“No mom. Like I said these two I understand. I am not going to change my mind.” My mother sighed.
 
“Alright then. If this is what you choose to do then I support you. I think the boys have a few questions. I'll go make a snack.”
 
The conversation with my brother and grandfather went easier and mom came in with her snack a little while later and we chatted for awhile. Around 10:45 my mom said that we had better go see what I wanted to take so I could get into bed.
 
Looking around the room there were memories that weren't originally mine but they still meant something to me. I decided to keep my photo albums and a couple stuff animals. A few keepsakes that had been in my backpack when I made my wish like the kimono that Sango gave me, the knife from Miroku, and a copy of the toy horse from Shippo.
 
Packing what clothing I wanted in a suit case I also grabbed my art supplies and a few other nick knacks. “I think that's everything. I'll call tomorrow if I need the bed or the dresser.”
 
“Okay honey get some sleep. Tomorrow Mr. Takahashi said he was calling early with the arrangements. I'll have breakfast waiting.” And with that she kissed her daughters forehead and tucked her in for the last time before slipping out the door.
 
~~~Back with Sesshoumaru~~~
 
He was not in a good mood. The night had gone from good to a disaster. His secretary had gotten an emergency call from her mate and had to leave him with the rest of the day's paper work. Briefly he had glanced at the other girl's physicals and was appalled at the number of darker colors. These girls just have no standards any more. He had to make sure the ones that were capable to be breeders had their paper work sent out to the doctors to get processed and integrated into the program and the others to the doctors that would suppress their ability to produce.
 
Why his secretary had waited till today to send out this week's lists was a mystery but it had left him very unhappy. Perhaps he should dock her pay for being lazy? I just might and give the money to my breeder... Wait she is on my mind again. What is so special about her that I can't stop thinking about her now? This is getting ridiculous. I vaguely remembered her from the past but it was so long ago and I hadn't kept her in my mind like it seemed my brother had. Shaking off the feeling that there was something wrong with my memory since I had never had a problem remembering anything before I chalked it up to the enigma that surrounded her both now and in the past.
 
Refocusing my attention on the folder before me I marked off the tasks that I had completed. I have her appointments with the doctors made and when I can go with her for her wardrobe. Deciding to wait to finalize the presentation till I am sure everything else is completed. Her contract was processed and the negotiation with her family can be done two days from now assuming they have the time. Housing needed to be discussed once his brother returned. Her choosing her own bedroom set and other belongings He sighed as he ran his hands through his hair. His right arm twitched as the electronic nerves surged. Rubbing his artificial limb he wished that he had inherited the ability to regenerate. His father had had that ability. He had re-grown his tail after it got cut off in his real from during his battle with the panther tribe.
 
The arm was very expensive thought worth it to have two arms again. The technology would have to be updated in another decade or so. The use was already slowly declining and eventually stops without an upgrade. Maybe one day humans or youkai would develop a regeneration technique but he hoped the reapplying of the arm wouldn't fry the nerves for good. Leaning back now that he had finished he waited for his brothers return.
 
His eyes drifted shut and images of the past came to him as he remembered the final battle against the hanyou Naraku. Things didn't fall into the order he remembered and it was as though he was watching through another's eyes. He watched the seen and could feel a hunger that he could not name. As Kagome fired her final arrow the images stopped and he feel into a deeper slumber.