InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ A little understanding ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Waking some hours later Sesshoumaru had a hard time shaking off the dream he had had. Searching the office and his home he couldn't find Inuyasha anywhere. So when 1 a.m. rolled around you would find Sesshoumaru usually in bed or working but instead tonight you would find him hunting down his brother who seems to have gone missing. There were things that needed to be discussed and finalized before the Higurashi residence awoke. He had already checked all of Inuyasha's usual haunts in the city and found nothing the last place he was checking was the Higurashi residence itself. He was almost sure that they weren't still talking but considering the catching up they had to do they might.
 
He rubbed his temples as he punched in the code to their home hoping to find his brother there. Within 15 minutes he stood on the sidewalk outside the Higurashi's home and he could finally smell his brother. He easily leapt to the top of the steps and took a delicate sniff to locate Inuyasha. Going slightly to the right he saw the god tree and a little closer was able to see Inuyasha in it.
 
“Inuyasha get down here.” he said quietly but there was no response.
 
“Inuyasha we do not have time to waste get down here.” again no answer. Getting slightly annoyed he jumped onto the branch his brother was on and then noticed that his brother was asleep. Grumbling internally at his brother's foolishness to fall asleep in the tree he poked him with his foot. Inuyasha only twitched and swatted the offending foot away. Getting an evil idea he leaned down and shoved Inuyasha out of the tree. He watched as his brother finally awoke during his fall and as he tried to grab a limb. He didn't succeed and fell onto the ground with a loud thud. A sharp yell of pain and he was down in an instant to cover Inuyasha's loud mouth from awaking everyone.
 
“Quiet!” he hissed.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V. ~~~
 
The family meeting went on for awhile and still some of the louder asked questions I could hear but I paid no mind as I breathed deeply her scent. Afterwards she had gone to her room and opened her window as she started packing. The entire shrine began to smell of orchids and I found myself drifting asleep.
 
I wasn't sure how much later but I awoke to falling out of the god tree. I tried to grab a limb to stop but failed. I landed hard on my back and yelped loudly only to be roughly pushed to the ground with a hand over my mouth and a stern voice saying `quite.'
 
When I opened my eyes I saw my brother standing over me and was pissed. He pushed me out of the tree I was almost certain of it. I grabbed his hand and pulled it off my mouth as I sat up. My back hurt worse then when Kagome said sit. Rubbing my lower back gingerly slowly stood up.
 
“What the Hell was that for?” I growled at my brother. He smirked at me before replying.
 
“You wouldn't wake up. I must say if this how heavy you sleep when her scent is near? How ever did you stay awake to guard her from Naraku, if that is the case?”
 
“Asshole. It's been centuries since I have had her scent, I was used to it back then. I didn't fall so deeply asleep back then because you know I had not only guard her but myself from YOU!”
 
“I suppose dear little brother. We have things to discuss and this Sesshoumaru is tired of waiting for you to show back up at the office. I told you to return.”
 
“What time is it that you could justify pushing me out of the tree!” I watched as he pulled his sleeve back and hit the button that turned on the night light.
 
“As of right now almost 2 a.m.” Now I felt guilty I hadn't meant to fall asleep let alone be gone that long.
 
“Alright fine. You had your revenge for me being late. Now what was it you wanted to talk about?”
 
“Where she is going to live little brother. I realized after you left that though you have a connection to her she can't live with you for a while.”
 
“WHAT! Why?!” I heard him actually sigh aloud.
 
“This isn't what I wanted either brother but I am the eldest. The other houses would think less of us if I allowed her to live with you first. Being the eldest it is expected that I find a breeder and have a child first especially after waiting so long to take one. It would be acceptable that after the first child to live with you. Not many leaders like a child crying at night and if they have a secondary residence the woman usually goes there.” I was growling louder and louder at each word after he said he was supposed to have the first child.
 
“The hell you are! I have waited for her longer then you. Her first child will be mine. I don't think she would want to carry yours first!” An evil little grin came across his face and I knew what he said next wouldn't be to my liking.
 
“Little brother do you remember what next spring is?” The abrupt change of the subject threw me for a second but once I though about it I felt my eyes widen and gasped. Of Kami no! They both were due for their heat next spring and now that they both had agreed on a female. Oh Kami, oh Kami, not good, not GOOD! Kagome has never seen me in my adult heat. I was irritated before and used to yell at her allot but now I would be barely able to control all my actions. Shit.
 
“I see that you do little brother. How about this then. We let her decide who she helps each day and let Kami decide whose the first child should be.” This sounded to close to a bet to me and if Kagome ever found out we both would be in trouble. It was fair as far as it went but I was suspicious as to why he would offer unless he had plans to court her and try and get her to choose him. My mouth always got me into trouble with Kagome and any time I just tried to shut up she would always ask what was wrong with those puppy eyes and I just couldn't take it. I sighed as I grumbled to myself the sneaky ways of older brothers. I was signing the death warrant on my head but I answered.
 
“She can live with you but I want to be able to stay a week or two each month. I also want your word that you won't harm her. She is raised a human and their ways of disciplining and such are different now then ours. I know that our hold on the other houses is weak because the lack of children especially an heir for you. But we allow her to decide if she wants to help us at all or if she wants a doctor to do it. I will concede if she wants the doctor though I don't like it.”
 
My eyes were on the ground a doctor but I wasn't sure if I could stand sharing her that way with him. While I was dwelling in despair I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I glanced up into the eyes so similar to mine as I tried not to yell about how unfair it was since I was the one that had missed her, not him. I felt pressure building behind my eyes and knew that I would also be very hurt if she chooses him instead of me. As I tried to blink back the tears I saw something that I didn't see often for his mask was usually in place. His face showed the gratitude that he felt and the respect he held for me for my decision. He might not know the depth of the pain I felt at her having his child first but he respected the fact that I was willing to do it to save our hold on the other houses. I felt two tears fall and he wiped them away for me. His eyes grew serious.
 
“I will not try to take her from you brother. I need this and you know why. But I am offering the only way that the other houses will accept if she has your child first. I know this is hard but it isn't forever.” He paused a moment and placed his hand on my shoulder. “Come brother we have to give her a choice in rooms and you know what she likes. We still have much to do.”
 
I nodded not trusting my voice. He was right it wasn't forever. My greatest wish would still come true and our kids would be raised by the greatest woman I know. Besides there was also the fact we would need her help in spring and trying for that child would be fun. The lecherous thoughts that crossed my mind and the wicked smile on my lips would have made Miroku proud of me.