InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ A wonderful morning ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
Kagome awoke the next morning feeling as rested as if she had slept a week. Lying on her stomach with her arms buried under her pillow as she snuggled into it. Taking a deep breath she smelled a very slight muskiness of dog but she smelled more a combination of roses and vanilla. The scent was calming and refreshing. She so did not want to get up. Wherever she was the bed was the softest thing she had ever slept in and the sheets were as soft as feathers trailing over her waist and legs. Sighing she knew she was awake if was thinking stuff like this. She gave a soft groan as she stretched similar to a dog or cat with her backside rising into the air arms stretched out in front of her and resting on her knees. Rolling over she realized she had an audience. Blushing madly she glanced up at Sesshoumaru who was resting against the wall only to realize he looked to be asleep.
 
Getting up to investigate she hadn't noticed that her shirt had slipped to one side revealing a little more cleavage then was modest. Taking a look around the room it was breath taking especially the ceiling with the stars. Walking around the bed she brought the comforter with her. Walking up to him she saw that he wasn't making any move to prove he was awake so she decided to give him the comforter. She wrapped it gently around him tucking the edges a little before turning to the screen doors. The painting, she noticed was him in his dog form, was beautiful in detail looking almost real enough to touch. Tracing over the snout she as quietly as possible opened the door and looked outside. The sunlight was dim and slowly growing brighter to reveal the beautiful garden surrounding the room she was in. Taking a few steps she started to examine the nearest bush. It was an orchid bush with a few big blooms on it. Plucking one she held it to her nose and took in its lovely scent.
 
She wandered around slowly picking a flower here and there till she had a small but gorgeous bouquet of flowers. Smiling at the precious flowers in her hands she wondered how to get down to the other floor because she was getting really hungry. She also began to wonder why she had been in what she assumed was Sesshoumaru's room rather then her own. She decided to sit on the white marble bench till Sesshoumaru got up.
 
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
As I started to wake up I realized that I had fallen asleep against the wall when I hadn't meant to. I had been considering my brothers words when his eyes had gotten heavy and her scent filled had his senses. Before he noticed he had fallen asleep. Now again her scent filled his nose and made him slightly drowsy. Opening his golden eyes he saw his comforter tucked in around him. Surprised he glanced at the bed to see that Kagome was gone. Getting up was a little difficult because his legs had fallen asleep. He took a deep breath after throwing the comforter back on the bed and knew her scent wasn't going stale yet so she hadn't been gone long. Glancing at the window he saw the sun was just cresting the horizon.
 
Opening the door he took a quick look around but stopped when he saw Kagome sitting on his marble bench with her back towards him. The air current was stronger up here with an actual breeze from the conditioning system and it was gently blowing her hair forward over her shoulder.
 
He realized that she was still in her clothes from yesterday and they looked a little wrinkled. Wondering why she hadn't gone downstairs he approached her. He watched as she sighed and lifted something to her face. He stopped in his tracks when he saw that she held a bouquet of flowers.
 
~~~Flashback~~~
 
Rin was sitting in a silverish kimono on her marble bench holding her flowers. She had grown into a beautiful woman in the past 13 years that she had been with him. Her hair was in a tight braid with her forelocks floating free in the wind. Her legs swaying back and forth as she hummed a little tune.
 
She looked up to the sky and started to sing. Sesshoumaru in that moment realized that his little girl was grown up. Her song finished on a melancholy note as she looked down to her hand. There upon it was a ring that his cousin had given her. With her other hand she twisted it off and put it close to her face before mumbling, “A beautiful ring but I don't know if I deserve or want it. Oh Sesshoumaru-sama I wish you could understand that I don't want to leave. You have been the only family Rin has known.” Placing it back on her finger she sighed and picked up the flowers she was probably going go place in the vase in my office. Her head down in thought he stayed in her way until she bumped into him. Startled she glanced up and her face turned into joy as she said hello.
 
“Rin is it true you don't want to leave?” She looked stricken and took a step back as her eyes filled with tears. Turning her head she nodded.
 
“Why do you believe you must?”
 
“You have given permission for Rin to mate and she must go with her mate.” she said quietly.
 
“Yes, I have given my permission for you to mate but I never said you have to leave.” his tone was sure.
 
“Yoshimitsu does not want to be here. He said we were going to his home.” her voice quivered a little.
 
“Rin this Sesshoumaru will only say this once if you do not want to leave I will not allow him to take you. You are not mated yet and I can make him leave.” his tone hardened at the thought of the boy taking his little girl away.
 
“Rin loves him and wants to be with him. But I don't want to leave.” tears finally spilled down her face as she held in sobs. He took her in his arm and slowly rubbed her back as she cried.
 
“Then you shall stay. If he doesn't love you enough to stay here then he will leave alone.”
 
“Thank you, thank you father.” it was the first time she had ever called him that. He held her closer and whispered into ear before letting her go, “No thanks needed daughter.” He turned to walk away when she looped her arm through his and they made their way back to his office. She placed her flowers in the vase taking the old ones to be thrown away.
 
For the rest of her life she only called him father a few times the last on a few days before she died. She had handed him a small box. It was enameled with a figure resembling his dog form.
 
“What is this Rin?” Her eyes had a soft glow as she smiled.
 
“Open it Father.” His eyes widened a little as he placed it down on his desk to open it. Inside were dried petals of a rose and several buds pressed to be preserved. Curious he carefully took the rose and held it to his nose taking a small breath. He carefully returned to the box and again asked, “I see dries flowers Rin. What are these for?”
 
“Those are the flowers I picked the day you first called me your daughter. I had them preserved so I had something to remember the day. I am old now father and I wanted you to have these before I was gone.” For only the third time in his life he could feel something building in his eyes. Before he had pushed it away but curious as to what it was he raised his hand to his eye and rubbed one. His hand came away wet and then he knew what it was, “tears.” he said quietly.
 
Rin had gotten up and moved slowly to his side. “Sesshoumaru-sama are you crying?” Her hand caressed his other eye taking away the tears. “Oh father don't cry! You never cry.” She brushed against his eye again but there were no more. She wrapped her aged arms around him in a gentle hug. “I'll be back one day. Look for me, father.” and with that she removed herself from his side and hobbled slightly out the door. He sat there wondering why he shed tears as he carefully closed the box.
 
From that day forward he placed the box on the front of his desk as a constant reminder of his little one. The day she died he had saved the flowers in the vase and had added them to the ones in the box, her ashes had been spread out upon her favorite flowers as she had once requested. It was the one thing he treasured almost above the sword his father had given him and in respect of her wishes he didn't cry again. He had kept a constant watch out for her with every female he had met but he had yet to find her again.
 
~~~End flashback~~~
 
Shaking off the past he continued forward to Kagome's side noticing the shirt was slightly more open then the day before giving a tantalizing view as he took a seat next to her. She finally noticed him and gave him a sunny smile.
 
“The garden is beautiful. I wish I had one like this.” raising the bouquet again she took a deep breath of the sweet smelling flowers. He watched closely as her eyes fluttered shut in bliss and couldn't help but smile. Kagome shared Rin's love of flowers and he was sure any daughter of hers would also. The hope that had begun last night grew just a little bigger.
 
“It is a replica of Rin's though much smaller. I didn't have the room to do it to scale.”
 
“Rin's? You mean the little girl that used to travel with you in the past?”
 
“Yes, I took her in and raised her as my own. She mated a cousin of mine and stayed in the palace till the end of her days.” he could feel his throat tighten and knew he still missed her.
 
“That was good of you. She told me how much she loved you on our journey together. She had said that you took her in after something bad had happened to her. She never said what happened but that afterwards you looked after her and made Jaken tend her. She said she loved flowers because they were the only thing she knew of that compared to your beauty. I tried to tell men aren't beautiful but handsome or something along those lines. She would hear none of it, insisting that you were beautiful.” she blushed a little I noticed and wondered if she shared Rin's opinion. I said nothing and an awkward silence followed. After a few minutes I heard her stomach growl and saw her face flush.
 
“Hungry?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Then why didn't you go downstairs?”
 
“I didn't know where they were. I didn't want to go somewhere I wasn't wanted so I was waiting for you to wake up.” She was a considerate being at least though I couldn't remember being that way in the past but I shrugged it off as I stood and offered her a hand. She took it and I lead her to the semi covered railing leading down the stairs. For once I didn't have an urgency to get to work like usual. I had so many things I had to do every morning that I always felt rushed but today today was quiet and peaceful. I didn't know how long it would last since something always came up but I reveled in the moment of quiet hoping there would be many more mornings such as this.
 
End of Chapter 17