InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Sesshoumaru embarrassed? ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~

Heading down to breakfast I noticed he still held my hand. I was blushing madly but he didn't seem to notice. He led the way to the kitchen and finally let go of my hand. He gestured to a seat and I sat down.

“What would you like?” I was surprised, was he going to cook?

“Are you going to cook?”

“Unless you want to.” he said with his old stoic face on.

“Um no, no I was just surprised since I thought that you had servants to cook.” `okay even to me that sounded stupid. “I mean I don't know where anything is so you can if you want.”

“I do so hate to repeat myself.” Though he sounded frustrated his lips quirked a little.

“huh?” It sounded like he sighed.

“What would you like?”

“Oh. Oden?” I said in a hopeful voice.

“Very well.” As he set about his task I studied where he got everything from hoping that I would remember some of this later. It was roughly 35 minutes later when a plate was finally placed in front of me. I stared hungrily at the food but I waited till he sat down. I glanced up and noticed he didn't have a plate in front of him.

“Aren't you going to eat too?”

“My meals are prepared differently then yours. I will have mine in the office later.” He said as he poured himself some tea. Giving one last look I dug into the food with relish. I was so involved in eating that I never noticed him looking at me. When I was nearly finished with the plate he finally spoke.

“Do you eat all your food that way?”

“What way?”

“Like you haven't eaten in about a week?” I blushed.

“No. I was just really hungry and this is my favorite food. It's so good that I couldn't get enough.” Quickly I finished my plate.

“You will need to know table manners for the presentation. Get yourself a new plate and eat correctly. If you can not I must arrange for a teacher. You will be eating at the presentation and must put a good face to the masses.” A little upset that he called my manners lacking I obeyed because I knew it would be a fancy dinner and I did not want to disappoint him after what he had said last night. Besides I still had to prove to him not all humans were idiots. I ate as carefully as I knew how and after my slightly smaller second plate of oden he nodded.

“You only need a little help and coaching for what cues to follow. Very good. Have you any etiquette training at all for dances and formal dinners?”

“Not really. My table manners are the farthest I had gotten because I decided to follow history learning then the court side in my education.”

“Well now that will have to be remedied. After the presentation we will probably have to secure the recordings that are usually taught to youkai so that you can learn how one youkai will react to another. It will also help you in any dealings you have with other houses. Some are day teachings that you have to consciously learn like the tea ceremony and the proper bows. Your miko powers and your weapon training will also have to be during the day. After the presentation we have about 6 to 12 months to prepare a full launch into society in which we have to host a ball. Every house breeder is required to know some defense and offense training due to the in party fighting. Breeders can challenge a breeder as you found out yesterday and only if you are pregnant can you turn down a challenge.”

My mind was spinning with all that I had to learn. I wish I had stuck with politics now but I had thought I was going to be a regular breeder in this life and had switched. Stupid alter ego. I was all for the training since I had started before with Kaede but with any weapons other then bow and arrow I knew I had a lot to learn. Etiquette I hoped wouldn't be too hard though I had a feeling I was going to want to hurt someone before it was over. I nodded my head as I sat quietly sipping my milk that he had given me.

“There are also several things left to do before the presentation. Is your family available today for the negotiations about their benefits? That needs to be taken care of. Also your wardrobe for work, formal, casual, and training need to be addressed. Along with the rest of your supplies like a mattress and hygiene products.”

“Well for the mattress can't I have one like yours? I felt like I had slept for a week. I feel so much better.” There was actually a reddening of his cheeks. Curious and flattered that I could make him blush I waited for him to say something. I didn't have to wait long before he swallowed audibly and cleared his throat.

“No. you can't have one like mine.” I cocked my head to the side.

“Why not?” I would swear his cheeks darkened. A sudden voice burst out laughing and I turned to see Inuyasha holding his sides leaning precariously against the wall.

“What's so funny! Why can't I have a mattress like Sesshoumaru's?” Inuyasha lifted a hand from his side pointing at Sesshoumaru still laughing. Sesshoumaru's face was wiped clean of emotion and he growled low and dangerous at the Hanyou. I wasn't sure if they were talking but Inuyasha suddenly wiped the tears from his eyes and answered my question finally.

“You can't because its one of a kind. You see it's made from ...humph.” In a blink of an eye Sesshoumaru was out of his seat and his hand covered Inuyasha's mouth. His chest was vibrating visibly with a clear note of threat in it. My curiosity was peaked and I really wanted to know. Deciding to play sneaky. I got up and went behind Sesshoumaru and wrapped my arms around him. Almost instantly he stopped growling and stiffened in my arms but he didn't push me away.

“Please, pretty please may I have a bed like yours Sesshoumaru?” I put a slight whimper in my voice and rubbed my cheek against his back. I felt him take a deep breath and let it out slowly. His hands moved to cover mine as he pulled them apart and then turned so he was facing me looking into my eyes.

“Is that what you really want?” His voice seemed strange but I couldn't place it so I nodded not breaking eye contact. He brought my hands to his chest and said, “Very well. It will take a few days though. You might have to sleep at home or you are welcome to the couch.”

“She can sleep on my bed Sess. I will get some sheets today when we are out.” He didn't say anything more when he raised my hands to his lips and gave each a light kiss and left the room. I was too stunned by the action to move.

Inuyasha was looking at me with concern but I was too spaced out to notice. I was just trying to figure out what the look in his eye had meant. Finally I snapped out of it and asked Inuyasha the question that was bugging me.

“Inuyasha why was he blushing and you laughing when I asked for a bed like his?” he gave me a cocky smirk with a twinkle in his eye as he said, “Because he could never sleep on a regular mattress or futon with out tearing it to shreds in his sleep. So he came up with the idea of transforming into his real form and having someone brush and trim his fur. He then had it weaved into many sheets that were sown together and in-between each layer it's strategically stuffed to make a full mattress. You asked him to trim his precious fur for you and agreed.” he was laughing again when he finished.

I was rooted to the floor. Now the smell made sense this morning when I smelled dog. I accidentally mumbled the last part of that thought out loud and Inuyasha burst into a bigger laughing fit. Mortified at what I had said aloud I ran out of the room.

~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~

For some reason, unknown to my conscious mind, I had held her hand all the way to the kitchen. The conversation was a tad interesting and I learned how much she needed to for the formal dinner. This thankfully wasn't as bad as I had feared. There was just still so much to do and the days were starting to blur together. He had to remind himself that she had only been back in their lives for three mornings including today. It just seemed so much longer like she had always been here. I guess my brother was right in another instance she weasels her way under your skin so quickly that he couldn't figure out when it had happened.

When she had asked for a mattress like his he could feel his face warm. He was rarely embarrassed but the innocent way she had asked her question and that he knew, that she knew, not what she was asking, made him blush. It would be the evil fates desire that his brother should awaken and arrive just at that moment to witness one of the few times he was embarrassed. Having to listen to him laugh was nerve grating. I watched as he tried to point and say something that wasn't coming out. After he got some control and said, “You can't because its one of a kind. You see it's made from ...humph.” I had gotten up and placed my hand hard over his mouth. I was angry so very angry and I was voicing treats in Inu when I felt two arms wrap around me.

“Please, pretty please may I have a bed like yours Sesshoumaru?” I took a deep breath and I felt my body stiffen in her arms when I realized what she was doing, rubbing her face into my back. To an Inu what she was doing was calming and I felt my anger go. I let out my breath slowly as I moved my hands over hers and pulled them apart. She gave no resistance and I turned in her arms looking her in the eyes.

“Is that what you really want?” I watched her face carefully as she nodded. I wasn't sure why but I gave in. I had decided last night to court her gently in a little bit of the human way and Inu way. I hoped in the end to have her willing to help me in spring and at least have a working relationship with her. She would be the one taking care of the kids since Inuyasha and I have so much work and she could easily make them hate me if she didn't like me. “Very well. It will take a few days though. You might have to sleep at home or you are welcome to the couch.”

“She can sleep on my bed Sess. I will get some sheets today when we are out.” I wasn't happy with the idea of her going home either. His offer was acceptable so I gave her hands a light kiss and got ready for work. I had only had a bed made a few times but I still had the name and number of who made this one. I planned to give them a call when I reached my office. I went upstairs to change trying to tune out my brother and what he was probably telling Kagome of why I was embarrassed. Youkai usually don't understand that feeling but it was personal, though she knew not at the time she asked and caught me off guard. I would have to be a little more careful from now on it was just so easy to let my defenses drop in her presence. But I shouldn't get used to it I had a lot of enemies waiting for such a mistake and it would cost me a lot more then I was willing to give up.