InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou Reborn, Kagome's Change of Heart ❯ Adjusting To The Times ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The moment they had arrived Kagome’s mother ushered them inside and went right to making her remedies. Special soup and tea that would settle Kagome’s aches and stomach problems. Kagome snuggled into the couch, with Inuyasha by her side, feeling ten times better then that morning.



“See Inuyasha, Mama knows the best remedies,” She reiterated. Inuyasha smiled at her, as she rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. He was itching to go outside, but he didn’t want to leave Kagome. So he just sat their on the couch watching television as she slept on his shoulder.



They left when it started to get dark out. Kagome’s fever had gone down, and was nearly back to normal and she wasn’t weak or achy. Inuyasha was thankful, because he didn’t want to spend another night sleeping in the bathroom tub.



“Get on my back, it’ll be faster then walking,” Inuyasha told her as they walked down the shrines steps. Kagome sighed, taking a deep breath of the night air. It was chilly, but not enough to see your breath. Kagome turned to smile at Inuyasha, and took his hand in hers, surprising him.



“I just want to walk home, and enjoy the night,” She told him airily. He frowned pulling her close to him, and tucking her under his shoulder.



“You’re still sick, you shouldn’t be out in the could for to long,” He told her. She just laughed at him, but leaned in to his warmth.



“Just shut up and enjoy this. I’m practically all better, it was just a bad twenty four hour flu,” She told him. He just sighed in defeat , and pulled her a little bit closer as they started down the side walk. He was glad she didn’t live to far, but enjoyed walking with her while she was close. The chilled air didn’t bother them, because they had the warmth of each other.










Kagome was back to normal by the next morning, and was headed off to work as usual. Inuyasha was sent off to the shrine to help her mother with chores. She felt better now that she could leave him wit her mother. He would be a great help to her, and he would get to be outside in the fresh air. Instead of inside with nothing to do but lounge around.



“Kagome, I here you were sick yesterday. You look much better now,” Shirley complimented her as she peeked into her cubicle. Kagome smiled at her, and beckoned her to come in.



“I was, that horrible twenty four hour flu. I slept in the bathroom because I didn’t have the strength to get back to bed. I felt like dying,” Kagome told her. Shirley clucked at her sympathetically, as she perched on the edge of her desk.



“You poor thing. I hope that bugs doesn’t go around the office. I’ll be wearing a gas mask to keep from catching it,” Shirley joked. Kagome smiled at her, and shuffled the papers on her desk.



“So, how’s the love life?,” Shirley asked. Kagome had been waiting for that, and she just smiled at her shrugging her shoulders.



“Same old, same old. I’ve been reconnecting with an old friend lately,” Kagome told her. Shirley looked at her with interest, a coy smiled slipping on to her red lips.



“Oh, really. Is this old friend a male by any chance?,” She asked. Kagome nodded nonchalantly. Shirley laughed happily, and patted Kagome’s shoulder.



“I knew you had it in you. So what’s he like? Is he handsome?,” Shirley asked, Kagome laughed.



“Well he has changed a lot since we last saw each other. He’s a lot better behaved and isn’t as argument as he use to be,” Kagome said, smiling as Inuyasha came to mind. Shirley laughed.



“Sounds like you two were quite the pair. So do you think he’s interested in you more then a friend?,” Shirley asked. Kagome laughed at this, and thought to how Inuyasha had confessed his feelings for her. A blush tinged her cheeks at this.



“Yes. He told me he was. I’m happy though because for the longest time I’d hoped he would be,” Kagome told her. Shirley clapped her hands together happily and slid off her desk.



“I’m so happy for you. Maybe someday I can meet the young man,” She said excitedly. Kagome nodded, and then Shirley had to go, and she waved good bye, tossing a good luck to her before leaving. Kagome sat there for the longest time thinking about how good it felt to tell someone about her trials in love. She hadn’t done it since middle school with her friends.











“You’re such a pervert. I’m telling you right now we are not having anymore children after this,” Sara yelled. Inuyasha raised an amused eyebrow as he watched the couple bicker.



“I’m just saying dear, but we’ll let our unbridled lust for each other determine that,” Moshi said to her. He raised a suggestive eyebrow at his wife, and she slapped his arm playfully.



“You perv,” She giggled. Inuyasha turned his eyes to the young boy who was pushing his truck about on the ground. He didn’t seem to be to interested in anything but his little game. Inuyasha had to smile, he was the spitting image of his father, except his eyes were a deep umber like Sara‘s.



“You two are very amusing,” Inuyasha said to the couple. Moshi chuckled and shook his head.



“Well, we’ve had years of practice,” Moshi replied. Sara just rolled her eyes at him, and looked to Sheridan.



“I should hope Sheridan doesn’t end up a lecher like his father,” Sara groused, a frown on her lips. Moshi looked at her with a hurt expression.



“I am not a lecher. I am a ladies man,” He defended. Both Sara and Inuyasha laughed at that, and Moshi’s cheeks turned the faintest pink.



“Honey, you just keep telling yourself that,” Sara said sympathetically as she patted her husbands shoulder. Moshi only blushed further, before he pouted and crossed his arms over his chest.



“I’ll have you know I had many girls chasing me in high school. They all adored me,” He sulked. Sara smiled at him fondly, and then shook her head. Inuyasha smirked at him, before he continued his sweeping. He had been sweeping the steps when they arrived. Kagome’s mother had been delighted and made them all lunch, before she had to leave to go grocery shopping. The Manning’s stayed behind and kept Inuyasha company.



“Inuyasha, do you live here? Or have you just recently taken a job here?,” Sara asked. Inuyasha was somewhat surprised by the question but he just shrugged.



“I’m just helping out. I haven’t got a job right now, and I have nothing else to do but help out here. It’s either this or sit around and watch television all day. So I chose this,” He replied. Sara nodded.



“It’s so nice of you to help out Kagome’s mother. She is a pleasant girl,” Sara mused. Inuyasha nodded. He hoped Kagome could become friends with Sara, she needed a girl friend. Since he’d come to live with her the only thing she’d doe was work and take care of him. He felt guilty, and wanted nothing more then to see Kagome chatter away with some friend.



“She is very sweet. I should hope you are treating her well,” Moshi said joining the conversation. Inuyasha raised an eyebrow at him, but smirked.



“Of course I am. I would never hurt her,” He replied. Moshi nodded, and Sara just smiled at him and rolled her eyes.



“Don’t mind him, I’m sure you take good care of her,” Sara said. Inuyasha nodded. When the bickered it was hard for Inuyasha not to see the similarities between them and his past friends. But as he talked to them, and got to know them more, he realized that their similarities end there.



“What do you two do for a living?,” Inuyasha asked. Sara smiled.



“We run a restaurant together. I use to work in the kitchen with Moshi but since I can’t be on my feet to much I just greet people and seat them…,” She trailed off at that, and then she snapped her fingers. “I can’t believe I didn’t think of it sooner,” She exclaimed.



“What?,” the two males asked in unison.



“Inuyasha how would you like to be a waiter at our restaurant. We are a little short handed, and you do need a job. It works out just perfect!,” Sara exclaimed. Inuyasha sighed.



“I don’t know. I’m not a good cook and I’m not a people person,” Inuyasha said. Sara laughed and shook her head at him.



“Don’t worry, you won’t be cooking. And I’ll tell you everything you need to know about talking to customers, it’ll be fine,” Sara smiled at her plan, and looked to Moshi. He smiled as well, nodding.



“Yes, that would be good. I don’t see any problem with that, unless you don’t want the job…,” Moshi said looking back to Inuyasha. Inuyasha sighed, he had been planning on asking Kagome for help on his problem, or even Sota. But now here was a job being practically thrown at him, and he wasn’t sure if he knew how to be a waiter.



“Do I have to write things down? I mean I’m new in Japan and well I can speak it but not write it,” He said. Sara’s smile just widened.



“I see. That’s all right, if you have a good memory just memorize the orders and tell them to Miroku. He mostly supervises in the kitchen so it will be fine,” Sara assured him. Inuyasha had to smile at this.



“All right, then I’ll take the job,” He said. Sara clapped her hands together, like it sealed the deal.



“Great, this is wonderful. I’m so happy we could help you,” She said happily. Moshi smiled beside her, and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Sheridan had stopped playing with his toy then, and turned to his parents.



“I’m hungry,” He pouted. Moshi laughed, and removed his arm from his wife to stand. Sara followed suit, and soon they were bidding farewell to head home for dinner.



Inuyasha smiled to himself. Now he had a job, and he could help out Kagome with groceries and what not. He wouldn’t need to depend fully on her, and make her life easier. Perhaps now since he was working she could take more days off, and they could spend more time together. That idea brought a new smile to his face, and he continued his sweeping thoughtfully. He couldn’t wait to tell Kagome the good news.