InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou Reborn, Kagome's Change of Heart ❯ Reunited With Old Friends ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sango was sitting outside a large hut in a woven chair. Her pregnant belly was bulging slightly under her kimono, and she looked half asleep. Beside her was a young boy with deep umber hair; he was dangling a string for Kilala to play with, who was darting back and forth trying to catch it.


“Haku, it’s getting late, you should go get ready for bed”. The boy looked up after Miroku had spoken, his big blue eyes blinking.


“But the sun’s not all the way down yet, can’t I stay up a little bit longer,” He pleaded, his lower lip jutting out as he spoke. Miroku shook his head and looked over at Shippo.


“Come on,” Shippo said leaving Kagome’s side, and starting toward the boy. He jumped up to the boy and took his hand to lead him inside.


“Your son, I’m guessing,” Kagome said, watching Shippo and the boy disappear. Miroku smiled proudly.


“Yes, he’s precious, though I wish Shippo hadn’t taught him how to pout,” He said. Kagome smiled, and turned to see Sango. She was stirring slightly, and Miroku stepped up to the porch and touched her shoulder.


“Sango, someone’s come to visit us,” He said quietly. Sango’s eyes slid open and she reached up to rub the sleep from them.


“W-who is it?” She asked stifling a yawn. Miroku nodded toward the edge of the porch, where Kagome stood awkwardly. Sango’s eyes widened and she blinked getting to her feet.


“Kagome?” Kagome smiled at her friend and stepped up to the porch, so Sango didn’t need to move any further. Sango smiled grandly and leaned down to give her a hug.

“I’ve missed you so much,” Sango whispered. Kagome laughed, returning the embrace.


“Same here, I can’t believe you married Miroku” Sango laughed at that and pulled back, glancing at the said man behind her.


“I know, sometimes I can’t believe it either”




     &nbs p;      Inuyasha gazed up at the sleek sliver of moon in the sky, it was only a few days until his and Kagome’s honeymoon was over. Kagome was inside Sango’s hut sitting beside the fire, exchanging stories with the demon slayer, and cuddling with Shippo. He didn’t mind so much, he knew that she had missed them and they her, but he almost felt a little betrayed by her, ditching him on the first night of their honeymoon.


“Sango is so happy to see her again, I’ve worried about her not having a friend to talk to” Inuyasha looked up at the voice, spotting the figure of Miroku standing in the light of the door. Inuyasha smiled nodding.


“You seem distracted, are you having doubts about coming back here?”


“Of course not, and like I said it was Kagome’s choice, not mine,” Inuyasha replied. Miroku nodded, walking to take a seat beside the hanyou, leaning back on his palms.


“Are you really going to stay in her time? Is that what you want?” Miroku glanced sideways, and he half smiled when Inuyasha didn’t meet his gaze.


“I love Kagome, I will go where she does and I’ll be happy as long as we are together… Her time isn’t so bad. I’ve got a job, and so does she, there are a lot of cool things there that isn’t here. Though I will miss the forests and clean air of the feudal era, I think I can enjoy the modern times too”.


“I see” Inuyasha glanced at the former monk, raising an eyebrow.


“Is that all you have to say?” Miroku chuckled.


“It isn’t my right to judge your choice, I’m only asking you to make sure you are happy. You are my friend, and I want what’s best for you” Inuyasha snorted, and shook his head, looking back to the sky.


“… Thanks, for worrying”