InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Love That Was Meant To Be ❯ Arising Conflicts ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. If I could I would…um….let's see…if I owned Inuyasha…wait I don't and never will get the chance to own Inuyasha so why bother???

A/N: So here is chapter one to A Love That Was Meant To Be. I'm starting this right after my prologue. I don't know I have inspiration and I still want to make you guys think of killing me for not working on my other fic. Yes, I still don't have inspiration for Of Broken Hearts and Renewal. So you've just got to deal. So anyways there will be no shouts outs of yet but probably when you scroll down to the bottom or in them idle depending on how I feel. So Furi-ki and Fuka-ki are not in this fic because I choose to hide it from them. I plan not to bring them up on every chapter…because well that's be like I'm copying Aurora thorn and so I shouldn't. I think I should stop rambling and let you learn what has become of poor….poor Kagome.

~A Love That Was Mean To Be~

Chapter 1: Arising Conflicts

When Kagome climbed out of the well she looked around. Yes, I'm right some of these trees weren't here before. Or am I hallucinating. That Mistress Centipede encounter was quite odd….Kagome was about to query more but then she felt a full blast of a Shikon Shard near by. Except this one felt quite big. It was like the whole jewel itself. It even seemed to be coming from the village. Maybe Inuyasha learned how to use that sword without her help after all….and came to his boast that he would find the rest of the jewel…..Kagome thought to herself. She was just his shard detector right? Now he didn't need the use of her anymore. Maybe… but she wasn't even sure if it was the jewel. Well might was well check. Kagome headed towards the village slinging her heavy pack with her. Boy did she wish Inuyasha was here right no- Before she could finish her thought a shadow went pass the corner of her eye. She cocked her head quickly over wary that it might be Mistress Centipede. The shadow was gone and Kagome shrugged. Probably her imagination. She moved on. But she bumped into a shadowed figure. She closed her eyes in surprised and after feeling the interaction opened one eye. Afraid of whom it might be. Kagome's heart gave a sigh of relief as she saw who it was. Literally, her heart already had enough heart attacks in an hour.

"Oh! Inuyasha! Gash, don't scare me like that. You totally freaked me out. So did you find any jewel shards while I was away?" Kagome said.

"What are you talking about wench? I'm here for the jewel Kikyou hand it over. Hey what's with the weird outfit?" Inuyasha said blinking.

"err….Inuyasha? Don't you remember? Do we have to do this again? I'm Kagome for the 100th fucking time! I'm not kikyou! Why do you peoples always do this?!" Kagome yelled half in hystericals and half in exasperation. She was quite annoyed. In fact an eyebrow was twitching…

Twitch….twitch…twitch.

Twitch.

"What do you mean wench? Are you falling ill or delusional? You look just like Kikyou anyways except for that weird outfit you put on, Kikyou. You both have the same blood smell so you've got to be her" Inuyasha stated acting irritated about having to help someone find out who they are again.

" NO! I'm Kagome! Ka-go-me!" Kagome retorted back exasperated again.

"Well I could have sworn you're her. Except-takes a closer sniff- Wait…you're not her….. But after looking at you closely she is cuter….." Inuyasha stated.

" Acck! WHAT?! You know what Inuyasha? You have some serious issues! Like short term memory loss-"

"What's short term memory loss?"

" I shouldn't even tell you what it is! You'd probably forget in 5 seconds flat."

"What?"

"See, you got my point? Mmmm….you people make me so…..so….infuriated! Sit!"

"Wha? Is that supposed to be an insult?"

"What? Why aren't you on the ground dead to the world or cursing my name? Wait…where are your beads?!"

"What beads?"

"Oh don't play dumb! Oh Nevermind! I'm going home! Good bye Inuyasha."

"err….like I care??"

"Whatever"

"ouch….like that really stung…"

"grrrrrr…"

^__^

Kagome marched over to the well cursing that dog demon to the deepest parts of hell. She jumped into the well with her pack slung on her back. She land to the bottom and felt the walls for the ladder she put there. What?! She couldn't feel anything and she quickly looked up. Th-the…she was still in Feudal Japan. Oh my gash! Am I still in Feudal Japan? She jumped up again and again each time failing. She jumped a few more times before giving up knowing that she was stuck and couldn't get to the future. A morbid thought started to settle in. She was in deep shock. This had never happened before and now suddenly it has. She was about to scream.

Inuyasha watched this in amusement. He stared at that weird girl.

"What a fool" he murmured to nobody in particular.

"I heard that!" Came a voice from the bottom of the well. The voice sounded quite frustrated and peeved.

"Oi. She's such an annoying wench."

" I heard that too!" yelled Kagome again. Suddenly Kagome's fingers appeared right under Inuyasha's face. She was climbing up from the well already and had just reached the top. "Can I atleast have a hand? Seeing as I'm stuck here?"

"Not on your life." With that Inuyasha grabbed her hand and just when you thought he was going to do something nice…..

"Kyaaaa!!!!!!!!!INUYASHA!!!!!!!!!"

He let go of Kagome's hand. Sending her plummeting into the depths of the well.

"And that's for pissing me off." He said with a smirk.

A big yellow pack flew from the well. Inuyasha could see it fly up and suddenly pummel down right where he was standing. He gawked at it not able to move from the spot. It fell down on him quickly and you know the rest.

While angry cursing was heard from the bottom of the well and some snickering could also be heard.

^__^

Angry footsteps could be heard moving towards Kaede's hut. Kagome appeared at the door entrance. She was huffing madly.

"Kaede, I have to talk to you. No way in the seven hells will I team up with that dirt bag, flea bitten,- Kaede?"

Kagome stared wide-eyed at the woman in Kaede's hut. It wasn't an old woman it was actually a young woman from the look of the black hair on the back of her head. The lady was stirring something, cooking, or doing something involving circular movements of the arm.

"um…I think I have the wrong hut. I'm going to leave now…." Kagome said nervously. She moved slowly to the side. Suddenly the young woman turned around and looked at Kagome.

"Is there something wron- *gasp * I….who are you?" Asked the woman. Kagome gasped also. Before her stood a double of Kagome. There was a slight difference though.

"I-I" Kagome stuttered.

"Is that part of the Shikon-no-Tama! But… it can't be broken. It's right here…." Kikyou took out her jewel.

"Who-who are you?"

"Well I'm Kikyou protector of the Shikon-no-Tama and miko of this here village."

"But you're suppose to be dead! Where's Kaede? What's happening?" Kagome said shaking while pointing a shaky finger at Kikyou.

"What do you mean dead? I have never entered the realm of the dead in all my life and I certainly am not a corpse. Who are you? you are not a demon I sense then what could you be?"

"I'm-I'm Kagome"

"Kagome…you are a stranger to my village are you not? It would explain the clothes. But what puzzles me the most is how you got a hold of those shards."

"Kikyou…..then….where's Kaede?" Kagome asked still shaken.

Just then a little Kaede came in. She had an eye patch and a orange kimono on. She embraced Kagome. " Sister Kikyou! I have just the most interesting news to tell you!"

"What?!" Kagome said bewildered. " Darnit….Why do you people always do this to me?! I'm Kagome not Kikyou."

"But you are Kikyou. You look just like her. But then - Kaede looks over at Kikyou- There are two Kikyous!"

"Yup that's what they all say…" Kagome said shaking her head.

Suddenly both shards and jewels glowed an eerie color. The shards shook in the bottle and the jewel itself shook seeming as if it were calling the jewel. Then the shards shot out of the bottle. Except it seems as if the shards melted with the bottle and shot out. The shards flew into the jewel and they emerged together.

"Oh no! Now Inuyasha is going to be morep issed!" Kagome yelled.

"What do you mean? You know Inuyasha?" asked Kikyou.

Just then a figure popped in which was no other than the Hanyou himself. "hey, wench. What do you mean?"

"Uh…hello? Jewel shard….? Man! Did you hit your head or something? Are you guys enjoying making my life miserable? Wait I get it. You're all playing a joke on me for going home right?" Kagome said. Then Kagome started to put 2 and 2 together. Wait a minute….What about Kaede. I've never seen this girl before in this village. Also Kikyou is here. Inuyasha seems different too….HOLY CRAP! I….I think I'm back 50 years then suppose to… Aww. Man! But wait! That means I don't have to look for the jewel anymore! but then again…..I can't get home! The wells sealed. My life just gets worse and worse.

While Kagome's face changed into different emotions every second Inuyasha and Kikyou just stared at her. They were quite freaked out at this girl that suddenly appeared out of nowhere claiming she knew Inuyasha.

"Umm…I think I'm going to go now…" Inuyasha said inching slowly away.

^__^

So it's decided! This fic will have shorter chapters!!! I'm sorry my fics may have lost some of its touch but I'm trying to get this down the right way. Just bare with me in a few more chapters then I will be able to write it much better. I'm just trying to get down to the characters in this fic and try to make it less…I don't know choppy and short. I'll go back to a bit longer chapters and better writing. Just wait till I get everything under control. And yet again please r/r!!! please? Make me a happy Author and tell me if it's good or not. At least I hope it's okay right now. I'm mainly going by my rough draft so that's why it might lose some good meaning. Well I've got this great kick ass ending already planned and just wait! I'll get this story great and great! I feel as if I haven't given my all to this fic yet or any of my fics. There are a few I've written in paper that seem very great. Usually I'm fueled by my review that's how my fics get better. True! It's true. Just look at my other fic! It's much better written because I have people who I know read this. So tell me if it's good! Please!!!! Give an authoress her prize!! It is after all an introduction still. And the plot hasn't even come up yet. Unless you're really a stupid ass and think Kagome getting stuck in the past is a great big conflict. R/R!

~Suki`