InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Life ❯ A new beginning ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
A New Life
 
 
Chapter 1: A new beginning…SURPRISE!
 
 
Kagome blinked, lost in the recap of her memories, painful as they were. She sighed once again, and started up the steps to her new school. She wasn't able to graduate with the rest of her class, because of her depression. Her mother decided that she needed to get away from the shrine for a while, to be able to live life once more.
 
So she sent her here. To America. As far away as she could get so she didn't have to look at the shrine day in and day out. It seems that her mother was quite the traveler when she was younger and spent some time in America as a student.
 
She became best friends with Lydia Jackson, her host sister. In a short while, they became inseparable, so that when it came time for Reia to leave, they agreed to keep in close contact, and kept their promise to this very day.
 
So here she was, Kagome Higurashi, the nineteen-year-old girl who had yet to graduate high school. The one who had finally defeated Naraku. The Keeper of the Shikon No Tama. The one who had lost so much.
 
 
RRIIINNNGGG!!!!!!!
 
She jumped, startled. Then she realized what the sound was and started sprinting up the steps.
 
`Great, my first day in an American school and I'm late. Figures.'
 
She slammed open the doors and stopped suddenly.
 
“Now I'm lost. This is just perfect.” She grumbled, looking for someone to ask directions from. Seeing no one, she picked a hallway and started walking.
 
`Why does this school have to be so complicated? It's way too big.'
 
She was distracted by her own thoughts when suddenly, the presence of a youkai became known to her.
It was well concealed, but there none-the-less. She was about to turn and look for it when she heard a strangely familiar voice.
 
“Excuse me, but aren't you supposed to be in a class right now?” a nice sounding male voice called out to her.
 
She turned around, starting to speak when she saw whom the voice had come from.
 
Her jaw dropped, her eyes locked on the handsome man in front of her.
 
`It couldn't be, no, it's not. He just has a strong resemblance. It's not him, is it?'
 
As her thoughts became jumbled and irrational, she failed to notice that the man was also staring, shock frozen on his face. As well as recognition.
 
`It's her! But, I thought she was dead. No, it IS her. She smells the same. What is she doing here, she came back to me!' He was reaching towards her face, touching her cheek. Unconsciously, she was doing the same.
 
“Kagome? Is it really you?”
 
She looks at him, tears in her eyes.
 
“Shippo!!!!!! Oh, Shippo, I've missed you!” With that she flew into his arms, hugging him so tightly that she thought his bones would break if he were a human.
 
“MOM!!!!!!!!” They stand there, in the hallway hugging and crying, trying to talk through the hiccupping tears.
 
Finally Shippo removes himself from her grasp and looks at her, happiness shining on his face. He grabs her hand and starts to lead her to an empty classroom.
 
“We can talk in here; I don't have a class this hour.” He explains, blushing when she looks at him incredulously.
 
“You teach here? Wait? You're a teacher?!!! Of what?!!!!!!!!” She looks at him amazed, thinking that maybe luck was on her side for once in a long time. Or maybe fate was responsible; she didn't care, as long as she had her pup back. Even if he was all grown up, being at least 500 years older then her.
 
 
He grinned sheepishly, “I teach world history. I thought that made sense, since I lived it.” As she was taking this all in, the kitsune was remembering her final words to him, that fateful night of the battle with Naraku.
 
::Flashback:: (again)
 
“Do not be frightened, my pup. No matter what happens tonight, remember that I will always love you. If anything should happen to me, I want you to take care of everyone for me, and make sure that they are happy. I want you to find your happiness. Tell Inuyasha that what I did was for his happiness, because I love him and want that for him. Tell him to take the second chance he will be given. It is what I want. Make sure to tell Miroku to get his butt in gear and tell Sango how he feels before it is too late. Tell that to Sango as well. Do not forget me, my son.”
 
With those final words, she had tapped his nose, sending him into a deep sleep. He had woken in Sesshomaru's arms. He had been scared at first, and then ran out of his arms to find his mother. Sesshomaru caught his tail and sat him down. Sesshomaru then began to tell the little pup what had happened. Shippo had been inconsolable for weeks. Rin tried her best to cheer him up, but couldn't manage to at first because she was sad that her nee-chan wasn't coming back.
 
Shippo remembered thinking later, that Sesshomaru must have cared for Kagome, because he too, acted different. It was like a heavy blanket was covering them, blocking the sunshine. Then, one day, Rin had said something that sparked a memory of Shippo's. He remembered what his mother's last words were. He got Sesshomaru to take him to his friends, who had disbanded their little group. Kagome had been the one thing keeping them together, but now that she was gone, they had nothing else to do.
 
Shippo went and told each of them what Kagome's message was.
 
When Inuyasha was told, he grew very quiet. He sat in his tree for days, not coming out to speak to anyone.
 
Miroku and Sango wept, knowing that she was right. They held their wedding in Sesshomaru's castle, then moved into Kaede's village, not wanting to be far from the well, in case their was ever a chance of Kagome coming back.
 
::End Flashback::
 
Kagome's voice broke the youkai's thoughts, bringing him back to the present. He smiled as she went on, demanding to know why he was here, and if he had gotten married, did he have any kids; all the questions she get out as fast as she could.
 
He hugged her again, remembering all the painful memories as he grew up. He had missed her so much. He had taken her last name, as a last sign of respect and love to her, the woman-child who had been like a mother to him.
 
He motioned for her to sit down, and started answering her questions as fast as he could. School was completely forgotten as they sat and talked.
 
 
 
::Sanguinea:: Here's a taste of what's to come. I'll try to update the next few chapters every couple of days so ya'll have something to look forward to. Until I reach the point where I haven't written them that is.