InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Life ❯ Who teaches here?! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer:: Not yet….
 
A New Life
 
 
Ch. 2 Who Teaches Here!??????
 
 
Kagome and Shippo had been talking for what had seemed like forever when they heard the bell ring. They had completely forgotten about school, as they got lost in their own little world. Kagome winced, not wanting to let Shippo out her sight, fearing that this might all be a dream.
 
Shippo looked at her apologetically, feeling the same way.
 
“Sorry mom, but I do have class this hour. Do you have your schedule yet?” She shook her head, smiling at the way he called her mom. She had missed him so much. He had changed greatly from when she last saw him, but that was to be expected.
 
He explained to her that in between each class, they had a ten-minute break. He led her out of his room and towards the office.
 
“Don't worry about being counted as a skip. I'll tell them you were with me, helping me with something. Let's get you your schedule and I'll show you were to go next. I'm a new teacher here, so I don't know my way around here very good yet, but I can basically find my way around. I haven't even met the other teachers yet, well, all of them anyway. It seems that they had lost a lot over the summer and hired over half of their teaching staff just recently, like me.”
 
 
 
 
He was explaining all of this to her as they entered what had to be the office. It was a large, spacious room with a lot of windows. They came up to a desk and the secretary smiled at them.
 
“Can I help you with something, Mr. Higurashi?” She asked, looking at Kagome wonderingly. Kagome choked when she heard what the secretary called Shippo. She looked at him, the question clear on her face. He just shook his head slightly, grinning.
 
“Yes, actually, I ran into Kagome here this morning and asked her to help me put something up in my room. I didn't realize she was a new student until she mentioned it to me. Could you put it down that she was excused from her first hour class, please? And also get her schedule for her please?” He asked, grinning sheepishly. The secretary just laughed at him, and nodded her head.
 
“What's your name?” She asked, not looking up from the computer.
 
“Kagome Higurashi.” Kagome blushed when she saw the look the secretary gave her.
 
“Oh, are you and Mr. Higurashi here related?” She asked inquisitively. Shippo grinned and was about to say something when he remembered where he was.
 
“We are…cousins, yep, cousins. We haven't seen each other in a long time though.” Kagome had saved him from having to think of an excuse for their last names. He was about to say she was his mother, but then he realized how that would turn out.
 
He thanked the secretary, whose name he had yet to learn, and they walked out of the office. She was looking at her schedule and laughed. Shippo's breath got caught in his throat as he heard her laugh. He remembered, five hundred years ago, when she had laughed like that. He had just been a pup then, but he realized that she was special. The way she could soften anyone's heart, calm even the most fearsome of tempers. He realized now what Inuyasha had lost. He never quite understood why Inuyasha had been the way he was after Kagome left. He knew he was sad because she had left, they all were grieving, but Inuyasha seemed to revert back to his old self for a while, that is, until Shippo had relayed Kagome's final word's to him. Inuyasha finally understood what she had meant, and took it to heart.
 
He realized Kagome was talking to him and tried to understand what she was saying.
 
“Look, hehe, I've, hehehe, got a class, heheheh, with, hahahaha, you!!! Hahahahaha, of all the ironic things to happen!!!” She was holding her side, shaking with laughter. Shippo realized what she was saying and started chuckling.
 
“What else do you have, may I see?” He grinned at her, and took her paper. His eyes scanned it and his grin grew wider.
 
“Well, the class you missed was Math, the one you hated the most if I remember right.” He grinned, remembering all the times she would get frustrated and throw her book around.
 
“You're next class is gym, do you have any clothes with you?” She shook her head.
 
“Well, I suppose you might not need them on the first day. Anyway, then there is lunch, next is my class, history, and last you have English. A pretty good schedule, not too much you have to stress over. Now, let me show you to the gym, and then I have to get to my class.”
 
On the way to the gym, they walked in silence, glad that they had found each other.
 
Kagome was thinking of what her mother would say when she told her what happened. Kagome's spirits were already lifting; this may have been what she needed all along.
 
She smiled at the kistune whom she had adopted as her son. She remembered how they had come to meet. Shippo had attacked them, wanting the jewel shards so he could avenge his father, who had gotten killed by the Thunder Brothers. Inuyasha had defeated them, but Kagome and Shippo were saved by Shippo's father, who had protected them even after his death. Shippo had stayed with them since and after a while, had asked Kagome if he could call her mom. She remembered that day as if it were yesterday. When he had asked her that, she had felt so happy, that it was like she was floating. She had broken down in tears, honored that Shippo would ever consider her his mother. He was worried for a little bit when she started crying, trying to comfort her. She had laughed and hugged him. She agreed, and grinned at his sigh of relief. Inuyasha had brushed it off, as usual, but Sango and Miroku weren't very surprised. They knew how close those two were. A small tear escaped her eyes, running down her cheek.
 
“Mom, are you okay? Why are you crying?” Shippo asked, concern written all over his face.
 
She smiled and answered him,
 
“Memories Shippo, that's all. Oh, are we here?” He nodded, still a little concerned for her.
 
“Okay, then, you better get to class, I'm sure it's about to start.” She said as she started to walk into the gym.
 
“I can be late. I'm the teacher, remember?” He winked at her, and walked off, mentally preparing for his first class.
 
Kagome opened the doors to the gym and gasped. It was massive!
 
`They must have a huge sports program here. I wonder if they have archery?' She thought to herself as she joined the other students who were milling about in the gym, waiting for the teacher.
 
“I heard he was a total hottie.”
 
“Yea, I heard he was a track star.”
 
“I can't wait to see him, oh, look! There he is!! He is hot!”
 
Kagome shook her head listening to them.
 
`Don't they have anything better to do then to crush on teachers? I mean, seriously!'
 
As the whispers turned to gasps, she could tell the teacher in question had arrived. She couldn't see him yet, as she was at the back of the group, but she felt a strange sensation. She shivered suddenly, feeling a sense of familiarity. She couldn't place it, but she was almost positive it was a youkai.
 
`That would explain the track star stuff.' She thought, frowning. She tried to make her way to the front of the group so she could see who it was when she heard him speak.
 
“Hey class, I'm your teacher, Mr. Cain. Today you will not need your gym clothes as we will just be talking. Now…” Kagome stopped where she was in shock. When she heard his voice she just about fainted.
 
`It can't be, no, it's definitely not him.'
 
`But who else has that voice? Even if I am used to hearing the voice yelling more then anything.'
 
`I don't know, but it can't be him!'
 
`Just go and check already!!' As Kagome was arguing with herself, she realized that the group of kids in her way was going towards a wall to sit down.
 
The crowd cleared as the others went to sit down, and Kagome got her glance of the teacher at hand. The last thing she thought before it all went black was…
 
`This can't be happening.'
 
 
::Sanguinea::
 
Here is the next installment of this fiction. I have 11 chapters already written out, so I'll be posting those over the course of a week or so. Maybe longer so you have more incentive to review :) Or just so you have something to look forward to.