InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Shard in Kyoto ❯ shard10 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10 The Geisha house part 2 the girls....

Please note: they are in a geisha teahouse. And before 1870 . . . the Japanese attitudes toward sex were very different from today's. While, I'm not going to go into great detail . . . Sex, nudity, and intercourse will be occurring in this chapter. (The characters may or may not be directly involved, but it will be happening around them . . . )

Also: Kagome will refer back to events that began in my story "when the boys are away."

___________________

From chapter 8

Back at the inn . . .

Kagome blinks a couple of times and asks, "Sango, what if we were dressed as men?"

"Huh? Kagome?"

"I'd bet that if we dress up as men, we could enter the tea house and help the guys." Kagome says, her enthusiasm for the plan increases as she talks. "Yes, we get some men's kimono's, put on some swords and walk into a tea house, who'll guess that we are women?"

"Hmmm . . . That might work, Kagome."

Sango and Kagome smile at each other. "We'd better hurry. The boys will get into trouble quickly, don't you think?"

"How will we find the right tea house, Kagome?"

"From the boys talk, it's a very well known place, right?" Kagome asks, Sango nods. "We'll be men, right? So, all we have to do is ask directions. I mean, that's what men do, right, visit geisha tea houses?"

Sango smiles, "You're right, Kagome. It'll be easy to find. Let's go."

_______________

"Give me a few minutes with some of the women, and I'll see about buying some men's clothes." Kagome says.

Sango nods. "Go ahead, Kagome." Sango touches her sword hilt. "I'll wander over to a couple of the nearby alleys. Sooner or later, I'll come across a couple of thieves. You'll need a sword for your disguise."

"Don't kill them."

"I won't, Kagome."

Kagome nods. "Good luck."

A few minutes later . . .

"Everything go all right?" Sango asks when she renters the room. She is carrying a couple of swords and a few other weapons.

"Yes. You?"

"There are a couple of muggers that will wake up nude."

"Good."

Kagome hands Sango a man's kimono. "This should fit you."

Sango nods and they dress in the new clothes Kagome bought.

"Your breasts are still too large, Kagome. I'm going to have to wrap them down."

Kagome sighs, "go ahead, Sango. If you can do it. I can."

"What do we call each other?" Kagome asks as she dresses.

"Hmmmm . . . Call me Hajake Toorima." Sango says.

"OK . . . Call me Hojo Donsai." Kagome says.

"Hojo, hmmm. Why that name."

Kagome blushes. "Well . . . the Hojo family is a large and powerful family. I thought I could pretend to be a member of the family. The Yuki family would probably like to have a Hojo working for them."

"So, you want us to try to get into the party by pretending to be ronin looking for work?"

"Yes. I think that'll work."

"That is similar to what I was thinking." Sango says. "It should work."

Sango thinks, `I had been thinking I would be from the samurai family and Kagome would be my servant, but she is better with people than I am. And we'll need her people skills more than we'll need my combat skills, I think.'

Sango adjusts Kagome's sword. "Hmm... Its times like these that I'd wish you let me teach you how to use a sword."

"No, Sango. I trust you, Inu-yasha and Miroku to protect me."

"Ok. Hmmm . . . But . . . This sword is not really appropriate for someone from a powerful family. So, we need an explanation for that. You will be asked about it." Sango says firmly.

Kagome shakes her head. "You'll probably be able to come up with something, Sango. You know how things work here better than I do."

A pause while Sango thinks. "Let's try this, Kagome. You are a younger son of a branch of the Hojo family. But . . . Your father wants you to prove to him that you are worthy. So, he has sent you out into the world to get some experience."

"Ok. I can follow that."

"And, he's holding your true sword and bow until that time. So, you have to make do with a low quality sword and a peasant bow."

"And you?"

"I'm a loyal follower that has chosen to accompany you."

"A spy for my father, in other words." Kagome grins.

Sango grins back. "I'm your long time friend, not a spy."

Kagome sighs, "Although, why can't you just be a friend I meet in my travels. I don't like the idea that you are my servant."

Sango shakes her head. "No, we need to be together and the servant/master bond is stronger than a couple of friends."

`Since, I am pretending to be a simple samurai.' Sango thinks. `I'll have to leave this here.' She leaves her boomerang in the room.

"Now, Kagome bring your bow."

"Why?"

"In order to get hired, they are going to demand a demonstration of our skills. And the bow is your best weapon."

Kagome swallows and nods.

`I wish I knew how to tell her that she's a very good archer. Inu-yasha is always insulting her skills. Though, I wonder if he is doing that as a motivation for her to improve, and not simply comparing her to Kikyo as she thinks.' Sango thinks and she sighs.

Sango puts Kagome's hair into a ponytail like hers.

Sango and Kagome are dressed in simple men's clothing. Sango is wearing her sword. Kagome is wearing her bow, quiver and her new sword.

Kagome places a magical shield around the room. The girls leave the room and start toward the pleasure quarter.

***************

The entrance to the pleasure quarter.

"Names?" The bored guard asks.

"Hojo Donsai." Kagome (Hojo) says in a low rough voice. `I've got to remember to speak like this, tonight.' She thinks.

"Hajake Toorima" Sango (Hajake) says, in deeper than normal voice. `I must remember to speak in a deep voice, tonight.' She thinks.

The guard looks Kagome up and down, suspiciously. The Hojo name and the poor appearance of the clothes do not go together. She flushes, as she realizing the problem.

She licks her lips, `bluff' she thinks. She puts her hand on her sword hilt. "Is there a problem?" She puts her best Inu-yasha expression on her face.

Sango reaches into a pocket and pulls out a couple of coins. She starts to twirl them between her fingers. Her other hand is on her sword hilt.

The guard's eyes narrow as he flicks from person to person standing in front of him.

"Who do you work for?"

"I am his follower." Sango says as she nods to Kagome.

"And you?"

"Ronin."

The guard pauses, shakes his head. He motions for them to enter the quarter. Kagome starts to bow to him, until Sango bumps her. Sango subtly shakes her head, no.

As they pass the guard, Sango "accidently" leaves the coins in the guard's hand, which, by coincidence, is palm up.

"Do you know the directions to the house of Tamamo?" Sango asks. Another coin has appeared in her off hand.

The guard gives them directions to the house. The two girls pretending to be boys leave the area of the gate. The guards are watching as Sango and Kagome whisper to each other and point out features in the pleasure quarter.

"Want to bet that he'll be killed when they realize he's faking that name?" Another guard asks the group of guards at the gate.

"I'll take that bet." Another says.

"Why?"

"That Hojo name is fake, but his friend is real. I could tell. IF there is a fight . . . it'll be a big one, and Hajake will win."

After a short pause, another guard says, "Actually, I wonder why they want to go to Tamamo's house in the first place. The way they're acting, I'd expected them to go to a house that specialized in male friendships, not a traditional house."

"Yeah. They do seem to be close." One of the guards says, but new people are entering the gate and the conversation at the gate shifts to other things.

**************

Sango whispers to Kagome, "Think, Kagome, would Inu-yasha bow to those guards?"

Kagome whispers back, "NO. He won't. I was just acting normally, not like him."

"Yes, Acting like Inu-yasha isn't something I'd normally recommend. But, tonight, it'll be useful."

Kagome nods. "Yes." She points to a couple of the cheaper houses they are walking by. The second floor, or in some cases a ground floor window, in most of these houses, have a seminude woman reclining in the window. She is calling out to men walking by trying to get them into the house.

"Please kind sirs. There are pleasures for all inside!" One of the women call out to them.

Kagome blushes. "You know, Sango. This might not have the best idea I ever had."

"Yes. I knew that, Kagome. But, the boys will need our help before the night is over, I'm sure." Sango tries not to look at the women trying to get them into a nearby house.

`Boy lovers.' The girl in the window thinks as they ignore her.

"And those guards know that you are lying about your name." Sango whispers.

"That's fine, Sango, as long as they believe that where're men, that's all that's needed." Kagome replies. She shakes her head, and thinks, `sighs . . . Telling all those lies at school and with my friends have made me a better liar than I would ever have liked to have been.'

AT the Tamamo house.

"Yes, kind sirs. How kind this poor girl help you?" the girl at the entrance asks when they enter.

"We are looking for the Yuki party." Kagome

"And whom should I announce is here?"

"Hojo Donsai and Hajake Toorima" Kagome nods to Sango as she says the second name.

"Please wait here." The girl says. She bows and retreats into the building. Kagome and Sango are left to stand around in a small room near the entrance. They are out of sight of the street, and the main common room.

After a couple of minutes, the girl returns. An older man is following her. He is a large man, obviously a samurai, with a barrel shaped body. He is forty to fifty years old. He is wearing a fancy kimono, with two swords hanging at his waist. He has a scar on the right-side of his face, along his jawbone.

"Which one of you is Hojo Donsai?" He says.

"I am, sir." Kagome says, her voice shakes a bit as she talks. The man is staring at her. His black eyes are boring into her, and she thinks, `I've seen that look before in Sesshomaru's eyes. He is a stone cold killer.'

"You are not a Hojo." He declares at a quick glance up and down Kagome's body.

"I am, sir. My father has ordered me to dress in peasants' clothes until I satisfy him." Kagome says. She is, with difficultly, keeping eye contact as she speaks.

"Your father's name is?"

"Sir, I am sorry, but until I prove myself worthy, I don't feel that it is possible to speak it." Kagome says as she stares at him.

His eyes flick to Sango. "And your companion?"

"A boyhood friend."

Sango bows her head, "I must protest that. I am merely a servant of his father's that has chosen to follow my master's son."

"Your reason for interrupting tonight?"

"There are rumors of war floating around Kyoto. I wish to join with a family, so I can, in the coming war, earn the reputation my father wishes."

A pause. "Look at me." He orders Sango.

Sango looks at him, catching his eyes and holding them. A pause as the man and Sango stare at each other. He breaks eye contact and says, "Follow me."

They leave the Tamamo and enter the cheaper house next door.

Kagome and Sango whisper to each other.

"Well, how was that?"

"He didn't reject us out of hand."

"Where is taking us?"

"Probably where there are some common soldiers, so we can prove ourselves to him."

The older samurai directs them into a room. Even from outside the room, the girls can hear the music, the laughter and yells coming from the room. The typical sounds of a group of obviously drunken men having a good time.

They enter the room and both girls come to halt. The scene inside shocks them into standing still. The room, itself, doesn't. It is a simple room with only some large paper lanterns for light as the permanent part of the room. The walls are painted with a gentle landscape motif. It is the men and women occupying the room that causes them to come to a standstill.

Off to one side of the room is a couple of girls with some musical instruments, playing a traditional song, which would be expected.

There are over a dozen men in the room. Most of them sitting around in a large circle. Pitchers of saki and plates of food sit next to them. Mixed in between the men is about six or seven women. Most of the women are sitting on either a man's lap or close to a man. The kimonos of the women are very loose and the girls can see that the men have their hands under the women's clothes. The women are giggling and shyly protesting the groping, but not stopping it.

But that is not what caused Kagome and Sango to stop. What's happening in the center of the room is causing that.

In the center of the circle is a man and a woman. And while they both have most of their clothes on, it's very obvious what the man is doing. He is above the woman and he is moving his hips up and down over her.

His friends are yelling out to him. "Faster! You slow poke!" "Yeah! Hurry up! It's my turn next!" "I've got a bigger one!" the man, who yells this, shifts his clothes at grasps himself, showing everyone in the room exactly what he means.

The older samurai, brushes aside Kagome and Sango and enters the room.

"Hey! Guys!" one of the men sitting on the floor yells and points to the older man. The men in the room stand up and bow to him. Even the man that was on top of the woman does it.

"Having a good time, I see." The older samurai says in a low voice.

"Lord Yuki Shiba, sir." One of the men says, "We didn't expect to leave until late tonight, and it's still early in the evening."

He nods. "Something has come up." He points to Kagome and Sango. "These two wish to join the Yuki family. It'll be up to you to determine that."

Kagome, still with a red face, moves off to his right side and nods her head. Sango, also with a red face, moves with Kagome and nods, as well, but her hand is on her sword hilt.

The men in the room start to talk to each other. "Why in the hell would a man be blushing?" "Small, aren't they." "Yeah, but, a little bit of blood to make the evening exciting." "This will be easy." "They sure seem to like each other, don't they."

The girls in the room are busy moving the saki and food to the edges on the room. They are, also, wiping up the floor in the middle of the room, and generally quickly cleaning the room.

Kagome and Sango whisper to each other. "Kagome, listen, when it comes to a challenge, let me go first." "Yes. No problem, Sango."

The older Samurai, after inspecting the room, points to Kagome. "Ok, you first."

Sango, quickly stepping in front of Kagome, says, "Sir. I am his servant and I will accept any challenge for him."

He raises his eyebrow, "very well, but the challenge will be more difficult because of your statement."

"So be it." Sango says.

She steps into the center of the room. Her feet swish along the floor, making sure of her footing. She goes into a very relaxed stance, with her hand only lightly resting on her sword hilt. "And who shall I fight?"

After a small conference the two biggest men approach Sango.

She puts a bored expression on her face. "That's it?"

"Very well, Hotaka, join them." The older samurai says. A third man joins the other two.

"Ready?" one of the men growls.

She shrugs her shoulders. "Always."

They spread out, so all three can attack at the same time.

A pause . . .

They draw their swords and attack Sango.

Their friends laugh and taunt Sango, and yell encouragement at their friends.

Steel rings on steel as Sango parries all three swords. She moves and defends herself. The men try to move to attack her, but she's too fast for them.

The room goes quiet . . . Sango's display of swordsmanship is not something you see every day.

THUD!

One of the men flies through the paper wall, unconscious. He takes with him another man that did not duck in time. Sango's off hand hit him in the jaw. She smiles, a smile similar to the one that has graced Inu-yasha's face many of times.

The men in the room begin to whisper among themselves. "He's good." "Yeah, very good."

Sango continues to parry the remaining to men. Their attacks never come close to her. She, on the other hand, is slowly disrobing them. Each attack of hers is hitting their clothes, slowing cutting them into shreds. The two men's attacks are getting more and more desperate. They know that they are overmatched . . .

"Finish this." The older samurai orders.

Sango nods. She moves . . . and both men are down, unconscious. Sango's sword hilt hits both men on the head. In her off hand she grabs the men's swords before they hit the ground. She turns to the older samurai and says. "They are not permanently damaged, sir. You did not indicate you wanted them dead." She grasps the swords by their points and hands him the hilts.

"I am not familiar with the style you used." The older samurai says, as he directs her to just drop the swords.

"It was taught to me by my father, sir. There is no formal name for it." Sango says.

She thinks, `It's designed for fighting monsters, not men. But, many monsters have sword-like arms, so it was easy to adjust to men.'

The older samurai nods to Sango and turns to Kagome. "Now, you."

"Sir. The bow is my chosen weapon. That is where my strength lies." Kagome says.

"Then, we will test you in weaponless combat." The older samurai says. Kagome pales and swallows. She gives her bow, arrows and sword to Sango. She moves to the center of the room.

"Ken." The older samurai orders.

One of the men, a short slim man about twenty, steps into the center of the room. `At least he's giving me a chance. He's smaller than some of the men.' Kagome thinks as she tries to loosen up.

Kagome gives him a shallow bow. He bows back.

Kagome attacks. "HAI!" She is using a simple straightforward style, with the basic thrusts, swings, with the occasional kick.

Ken defends himself and attacks back. He is using a more complex style.

Kagome is quickly forced on the defensive and has to block, using her arms and legs.

Ken beats down her defenses.

`Damn . . . she's going to lose.' Sango thinks. `Whoever's been teaching her, needs to do a better job of it.'

Ken slips . . .

The floor wasn't cleaned up after Sango, and the drool from one of the unconscious men she fought is still on the matts.

Kagome quickly attacks his fallen body. She manages to knock him out.

She sits down on the floor, wipes her forehead and sighs. `I've got to spend more time with Akane. She has told me, repeatedly, that I need more training.'

Sango moves over and helps Kagome up. "Are you hurt?" She whispers.

"I'm going to have some bruises on my arms that Inu-yasha's going hate." Kagome whispers back to her. "But, I am fine."

"You need to get a better teacher." Sango whispers.

"My friend Tendo Akane is a good teacher. I just can't spend enough time to learn." Kagome replies.

The older samurai motions for Sango and Kagome to come to him. They move over to him. "Remain here. I will return. You two have passed the first test."

He leaves the room, after giving a few commands to the rest of the room. His commands: "Have the courtyard prepared for archery." "At least, try, to do it with the girls behind a screen."

After he leaves, "What's your names?" one of the men in the room asks.

"Hojo Donsai" Kagome says.

"Hajake Toorima" Sango says.

"It'll be a while before Yuki Shiba returns." He points to the rest of the men, which are reforming the circle that was broken when the girls entered. "Join us and tell us about yourselves."

"Could you tell me, who is Yuki Shiba?" Kagome asks.

"Oh, he's the Yuki family troubleshooter. He's officially the assistant to the sword master, but he basically handles an odd problem that comes up."

Kagome and Sango take the place of the couple of men that are still unconscious. The three men that Sango fought are plied up. Ken, Kagome's opponent, is awake and is rubbing his jaw.

"Here, have some Saki." One of the men shoves a jar into Kagome's hands.

`In order to be one of the guys, I'm going to have to try to fit in.' she thinks. She takes the jar.

One of the girls, tries to get between Kagome and Sango, but the two girls don't let her in. She moves over to Sango's side. Another girl moves between Kagome and the man that handed her the Saki. She takes the saki, smiles at Kagome, and pours some into a drinking cup.

Kagome, unsure if should she smile or grimace, tries to do both, as she says. "Thank you." And sips the saki. "I'm Hoshi." The girl says to Kagome.

"Ah, thank you, Hoshi." Kagome says.

"Hey, Hoshi, I thought you liked me!" One of the men from the other side of the circle calls out.

Hoshi uses her fan to hide her mouth, and replies, "The lord Yuki Shiba wants him treated properly, Minoru. I still like you, but, it's my duty to serve Hojo Donsai."

Kagome opens her mouth, `I don't want this type of attention, I've got to get rid of her.' She thinks. She closes her mouth. `But I've got to fit in, so I can't refuse her service.'

Sango, accepts some saki from the girl on her side, after similar thoughts.

"Hey, Hajake! Great moves!" "Yeah! I haven't seen something like that in a long time." "I'm sure Yuki Shiba will come back with the Yuki family sword master. He's going to want to see you in action." Various men around the circle compliment Sango.

Sango, flushes at the praise. `Remember, I've got to act like a man.' She thinks.

She grins. "Thanks, guys. I'll be happy to show him what I can do."

The girls next to Sango, slides over and leans into Sango's arm. Her breast is brushing against Sango. Sango freezes. `What do I do?'

"Are you not happy with Yumi?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm happy." Sango quickly says.

"Good." Yumi reaches out and grabs Sango's hand and places it on her thigh. "You're strong. I like strong men." She smiles at Sango.

"Yumi's making her move." "Yeah, she's always been fast." Sango can hear a couple of the men whisper/talk between them.

"Your hands are smoother than most. So. Powerful." Yumi whispers and smiles at Sango as she caresses' Sango hand.

Sango glances at Kagome, a silent plea for help in her eyes.

Kagome, however, isn't looking at Sango, she is being distracted by Hoshi.

Hoshi is using chopsticks to feed Kagome from the plates of food that have reappeared. "Here, this is the house special." Hoshi says to Kagome.

Kagome opens her mouth and allows herself to be feed. `If I refuse, what will happen?' she thinks.

Sango swallows. `Hurry back Yuki Shiba!' she thinks. She glances at Yumi's face and she sees something, perhaps disappointment in her eyes. Yumi is staring at Sango's hand, which Yumi has placed on the inside of her upper thighs.

`I've got to act like a man. Like Miroku . . . ' Sango thinks. She gently squeezes and begins to rub Yumi's thigh.

Yumi gives Sango a small squeal. Yumi bends over, making sure her lush body brushes against Sango's, and she whispers, "I knew you liked girls. Some of the girls, when you entered with your friend, thought you were one of those that liked boys better."

Sango flushes and whispers back, "ah . . . of course I like girls. I always have."

Yumi, who is still leaning against Sango and is still rubbing herself against Sango, whispers, "good. Later tonight, you can prove it to me."

Sango's face gets redder and she whispers, "yes, I'll love to."

Ken speaks up, "You only beat me due to luck, Hojo. I'm better than you." He glares at Kagome.

`I can't back down.' Kagome thinks. "I beat you once, I can beat you again. I am the better man than you." She growls back.

Ken grins. "A better man than I? Prove it."

"I will. No problem." Kagome glares back.

"Take Hoshi behind a screen then." Ken smiles. "Or don't you like girls?"

`Oh my god! What do I do?' Kagome thinks. She glances over at Sango.

Sango is staring back at her. `She can't back down, if she does . . . I don't want to think about it.'

"I knew you two weren't normal men." Ken smirks in triumph.

Kagome takes a deep breath and says. "I am a normal man and I'll prove it."

She reaches out and drags Hoshi into a hug. One of her hands is, obviously caressing Hoshi's breast.

"Eekk! Not so rough." Hoshi squeals, but her hands are on the ties holding Kagome's kimono together.

Kagome brushes Hoshi's hand off the kimono and stands up. "Set up a screen and I show you." She declares. `I pray, with all my heart, that I'll be able to convince her not to scream when she sees I'm not a man.' she thinks.

She glances at Sango, who is looking a little pale. Sango shrugs her shoulders. `What else can she do? If worst comes to worst, I can still get us out of here.'

Kagome thinks as she goes behind the screen. `I pray that something, anything happens to interrupt . . . '

Hoshi goes behind the screen and hugs Kagome. Her mouth is kissing Kagome's clothes and slowly going up to Kagome's mouth.

Hoshi and Kagome's mouth grow closer . . .

The older samurai, Yuki Shiba and a couple of other older men enter the room. "Stop that. You can do that later." He orders.

Kagome turns away and breaths a huge sigh of relief.

"We will go to the courtyard. There you two will undergo additional testing." He orders.

Everybody, including the women, leaves the room and goes to a nearby courtyard. The doors at one end have been opened and in that room a small archery target has been set up.

"First, Hojo Donsai, let's see what you can do." Yuki Shiba orders.

Kagome steps up to the edge of the courtyard and readies her bow.

`It's a short distance, not since I'm shooting through a doorway, I've got to be precise, otherwise... I'll hit the doorway.' She thinks as she aims.

Kagome shoots . . . and her arrow hits the target.

She shoots ten arrows before Yuki Shiba orders her to stop.

He and the other two older samurai huddle.

"Well?"

"He's good. Not the best, but, I've seen much worse."

"You?"

"One in ten could beat him. He'll get better once he gets rid of that weak peasant's bow."

"The Hojo name?"

"Fake." All three nod.

"But, if his friend is as good as you said, Shiba, then I've got no problem hiring them"

"Agree. But, I want to see the other in action."

"You'll see."

The huddle breaks up.

"Hajake." Yuki Shiba says.

"Sir." Sango says.

"Into the center of the courtyard."

"Of course, sir." she says as she moves into the courtyard. "Who do I fight?"

"Me." Yuki Shiba growls as he enters the courtyard. "First blood."

Sango nods and moves into a defensive stance.

They bow to each other.

Shiba attacks.

The courtyard rings with the sound of steel on steel.

Additional people come out of the rooms to watch the swordplay. Most of them are only partially dressed.

The two circle each other, attacking and defending . . . the swords move in a graceful, precise ballet . . .

They stop . . .

Sango is bleeding from a small cut on her left arm. She bows to Yuki Shiba. He bows back to her.

Kagome rushes to Sango to bandage her. "You OK?"

"I'm fine. It's just a scratch, Kagome."

"He's good."

Sango smiles. "If we were going to get invited to the party, he had to win this match, Kagome."

Yuki Shiba and the older samurai huddle again.

"They are hired."

"Yes."

"How good is he?"

"Very good." Yuki Shiba says. `He could have won at any time. He's fast and strong and that style . . . ' he thinks.

The huddle breaks up.

"Come, Hojo Donsai and Hajake Toorima. You've pasted this test."

"Is there more, lord?" Kagome asks as they walk through the house. Yuki Shiba, the two older samurai and the two girls walk together.

"There is no more combat. But, the prince of the house of Yuki will want to speak with you before anything is truly decided."

"Thank you, lord."

They leave the cheap house and walk to the more expensive Tamamo house. He leads them through the corridors.

The sounds of several drunken parties come through the paper walls of the house.

He approaches a door. Through the walls, the girls can hear the sounds of a drunken party.

"Wait here." He says as he goes into the room. He leaves the door open.

The room inside is bigger than the room the guards were in. The walls are better decorated. The scenes are of young girls and boys bathing in the nude. A group of women is playing musical instruments in one corner.

The men are seated between half a dozen small low tables. Each table has a couple of men and a couple of women seated at it. The women are serving and talking to the men.

Yuki Shiba goes off to one side of the room, and leaves the opening.

Sango bumps Kagome and whispers. "There, at the table on the left." She subtly points.

Kagome looks at the table Sango mentioned.

At the table the two girls are looking at . . .

One man at the table has a girl sitting on his lap. He is trying to grab her breasts, but the girl keeps fending him off. "Sir. It's not polite to grab." The girl says.

"If you don't stop fighting me, girl, I take you right here, right now." The man growls back. The girl on the man's lap has one hand covered in bandages.

"That's Miroku." Sango whispers.

The other man is being feed by the woman at his side. She is using chopsticks to place the food in his mouth. "This is the life, to be served by a beautiful young woman. And later to bed her" He leers at the girl as he speaks.

The girl has very long black hair and black eyes, but there is something about her. Perhaps it is her expression of barely concealed disgust . . .

"That's Inu-yasha. I'd know him anywhere." Kagome says.

The end chapter 10.

Chapter 11 will explain how the boys got into that situation . . .

Posting schedules: I'm going to do a couple of weeks of chapters of "Kagome! Where are you?!", then I'll return to "A Shard in Kyoto"

The names for the girls... Donsai means boring... I wonder is Kagome thinking about the Hojo from her time?

Hajake Toorima basically means phantom killer destroyer. It's not Sango's profession, but she doesn't want it to be to obvious...

thank you for reading

jeff shelton