InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ AfterMath ❯ Chapter 5~Kikyo! ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AfterMath~ Chapter 5 By Mija

Disclaimer~I do not own Inuyasha and Company.

Kikyo!

~~~Kagome had been soo happy to go home, but soon remembered one thing about being home. It was totally boring. She missed her friends and Inuyasha. She admitted to herself long ago that she felt more at home with Inuyasha in the fuedal era than she did in her own time. She felt like the fuedal era was her true home. If it wasnt for her family here, then she might of decided long ago to just stay there, but she loved her family and couldnt bare the thought of never seeing them again. But after a day with her family she truelly missed her friends, especially poor Shippo. She could just imagine how hurt he must be now. First having to seperate from her for those 3 days of her becoming, then to have her leave back to her time without letting him know? He must really be hurt, and she really missed him. He was like her very own pup and loved him dearly.

~~~So having restocked her yellow pack and saying good bye to her family, Kagome returned threw the well into the fuedal era a whole day early. Wouldnt Inuyasha be proud of her, she giggled, thinking of how he always got mad when she was late, she had never come back early before. But then she sobered up and thought of how she would react to seeing him again. She didnt know if she could bare the look of hatred in his eyes or rejection. But she had long since come to the conclusion that she had bought this all upon herself and what ever happened, she would take it and survive.

~~~Kagome had just come out of the well and put her pack down on the ground when she felt a chill run up spine. She whirled around and gasped when she saw Kikyo emerge from the woods into the clearing. What the heck did she want? She really wasnt in the mood to see her now. Kagome just stood there and looked at her as she approached the clearing closer to her, but stopped a few feet away.

"Kiky?...what are you doing here? What do you want?" Kagome asked with suspicion lacing her voice. Kikyo looked at her with cold eyes and humorless grin.

"You think you've won dont you little one??" Kikyo replied calmly, but Kagome could see the anger in her eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

"Im talking about the way you shamelessly tried to take Inuyasha away from me..let me tell you this now little one..you may have trapped him into mating with you but you will never have his heart..that belongs to me..and we will find away to undo the damage you have done." replied Kikyo coldly. Kagome gasped.

"You dont know what your talking about?? I DID NOT trap Inuyasha?" Kagome responded defensivly, although inside Kikyo was speaking outloud every fear she had, every guilty feeling she possesed over mating with Inuyasha.

"Dont I little one?? How wrong your are..You see I know how you trapped him, used the time of your becoming to incircle him and seduce him into your bed..do you honestly think that if he had not been under the spell of your becoming that he would of gone to you willingly?? Claimed you as his mate? You and I both know that he would not have, for he loves me and wishes only to be with me for all eternity."

"SHUT UP!! YOUR A HATEFULL BITCH WHO ONLY WANTS TO HURT INUYASHA!!..YOU DONT LOVE HIM!!..YOU ONLY WANT HIM TO SUFFER WITH YOU FOR SOMETHING HE DIDNT DO!!" Kagome screamed at her, covering her ears and fighting the tears that threatened to flow from her eyes. She would not cry in front of Kikyo, she would not give the bitch that pleasure. But everything she was saying sounded so true and the pain of her words were like knife wounds to her heart.

"Think what you will little one..but be warned...Inuyasha is mine..he has always been mine and will always be mine...we will find a way to be rid of this bind you have forced upon him..mark my words..he will be glad to be rid of his obligations to you." Kikyo replied as she laughed evily and dissappeared back into the forest and out of sight.

~~~Kagome stood there with her hands balled up into tight fists, her nails digging painfully into her palms, blood dripping from the wounds onto the grass. She was so angry, yet she hurt so bad that she was just still for a long time. Every cruel hatefull word Kikyo had spoken to her had been every single thing Kagome had been thinking of herself. Inuyasha hated her. She had trapped him. And he would find a way to rid himself of his bind to her somehow with Kikyo. He would never love her, he would always love Kikyo, and he would die with her and go to hell just to be with her. All this came crashing down upon her and the next thing she knew was that she was on her knees crying her heart out for a love that would never be returned. A life she would never live, with the only man she would ever love in her life.

*************************************************************** ********

~~~Inuyasha was hunting in the forest several miles from the village and the well, not expecting Kagome to come back till tomorrow, or he might of sensed the moment she had returned. As it was his mind was troubled. He couldnt stop thinking of Kagome and how sad she had looked when she had left him. He had wanted to grab her and hold him to her and beg her not to leave him. He would never admit it to anyone but he was affraid. He was affraid that she regretted what they had done, what they had shared together, regret that she was now his mate. He loved Kagome with all his heart and the time they had shared in the cave had been like a dream come true for him. He hated the thought that Kagome didnt feel the same way. Sure he had never expected for them to become mates like that, he had often dreamed of her and him together, mates, raising thier pups together, but he had never really dared hope it would come true. After all he was a half demon, and she was human, pure and special. She was too good for him and he didnt deserve someone like her. But now that he had her he didnt want to let her go. EVER. But he hated the thought that she hated him and would want to be rid of his claim on her, and her on him. He never wanted to do anything to make his Kagome hurt or upset, but he knew that if she tried to leave him, he would fight for her and never stop till she loved him as much as he loved her.

~~~As he sprang from tree to tree, not really hunting, but thiking of Kagome, he sensed a familiar presence. He looked down into a small clearing and saw Kikyo. He really didnt want to see her right now. But he couldnt just ignore her. So sighing deeply he sprang down from the tree and landed soundlessly before her. She looked up at his with a smile and eyes that held no real light in them anymore. He wondered how he could of ever thought that Kagome and Kikyo looked alike before. They were so diffrent, like night and day. Kikyo had always been cold and almost emotionless, hiding her feelings and keeping to herself. As for Kagome she was light itself. Bright and warm, full of laughter and caring. Kagome couldnt hide her feelings if her life depended on it, and thats what made her special. She cared deeply for everyone she came across and did her best to help anyone in need of it. She often forgot to think of her own safety when trying to help others, which most times resulted in Inuyasha having to save her, and pissing him off for not being more carefull. But thats what made Kagome, Kagome, her heart, her caring, and he wouldnt trade that for anything in the world. She could continue to be who she was and he would be there to protect her, always.

"What are you doing here Kikyo?" he asked almost angerly. Kikyo's eyes widened just a bit at his tone, but didnt show any other emotion. She smiled up at him and instead of making his heart melt like it might of done once upon a time, it left him cold.

"Ive come to offer my help Inuyasha."

"What help? I dont need any help."

"Help in finding a way to get out of the leash Kagome has forced on you my love."

"What the fuck are you talking about Kikyo??"

"I know you are pridefull Inuyasha and would never admit it, but I know how you must detest that girl for forcing you into claiming her as your mate..if you had been of sound mind you would never have let her do such a thing to you..and Im here to tell you that I will help you find a way to free yourself from your obligations to her my love." Kikyo replied, with another one of those cold smiles. Inuyasha growled, and grabbed Kikyo by the shoulders roughly.

"What the hell do you know about this Kikyo??" he growled threateningly.

"I know that she forced herself on you by seducing you with her becoming..That she does not love you like I love you and that you could never love her like you love me." she replied, melting into his chest, Inuyasha sighed deeply and took a long breath.

"Kiky?? Kagome didnt force me into anything.,.yes her becoming made me want her, but I had already wanted her before that...Kagome didnt make me do anything I didnt want to do..You see Kikyo I claimed Kagome as my mate because I WANTED HER FOR MY MATE.....I LOVE HER." Inuyasha replied sadly. He had never wanted to hurt Kikyo, but he had decided along time ago that he couldnt go to hell with her as he had promised, his promise to Kagome came first. He had promised her long ago that he would protect her, and he would for as long as they lived. Besides how was he supposed to know he would fall helplessly in love with Kagome when he had promised to go to hell with Kikyo? Now that he knew he did, he couldnt leave Kagome. His love for her over rid everything else. Even Kikyo.

"You cant meant that Inuyasha?? You promised to be with me for ever..to love me and protect me..YOU LOVE ME!" Kikyo hissed angerly as she pulled from his embrace and backed up from him, fire in her eyes.

"Im sorry Kikyo..I never meant to hurt you...but I love Kagome..she is my mate now and I will never let her go."

"BUT YOU LOVE ME!" Kikyo replied in a heated raised voice.

"Yes Kikyo I DID love you..long ago...but you died..and when you died so did the thing that bound us together."

"But Im alive!"

"No your not..your walking this earth, but your not alive Kikyo..the only reason you are here now is because of the soul you stole from her."

"Its MY soul."

"Not anymore..when you died..your soul entered Kagome and it belongs to her now..not you."

"So you again wish my death Inuyasha?" Kikyo said sadly, knowing that everytime she used that, it made him feel guilty and made him want to please her, but Inuyasha wasnt falling for it this time. He had payed for his guilt, and he would kill Naraku to avenge her. She had no hold on him anymore.

"I wish you rest Kikyo..How can I wish you dead when your already dead?..I only wish to have you at peace and I will do that when I avenge your death by killing Naraku." Inuyasha replied. Kikyo hissed again and backed away from Inuyasha looking very very angry, deadly.

"She will pay for this Inuyasha..She will pay for taking you from me." she warned as she dissappeared into the woods.

"Dont you dare touch her Kikyo!!...Dont make me have to hurt you!!" he called out into the air in response. He would not and could not let Kikyo lay one hand on Kagome. He would shatter her clay body and put her down before he let her hurt Kagome. No one would take his mate from him. He would die to protect the woman he loved with all his being.