InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ All I have: Two Months ❯ First Appearance of Love ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Chapter Six: First Appearance of Love
“Eternity is not something that begins after you are dead.
It is going on all the time.
We are in it now”
 
Charlotte Perkins Gilman
 
 
 
 
 
 
The wind blew their dark hair around their faces as they sat and talked. Smiles graced their slightly aging features as two little children chased each other around the yard. One had blue hair that wrapped around her face as she ran; the other had dark hair that was pulled back into a small ponytail at the base of her neck.
 
Kagome and Sango watched as their daughters play hide-and-seek with their fathers. They laughed and talked like they hadn't a care in the word. A boy walked out of the hut next to them and sat down beside his sister. “Kohaku, I'm glad you could join us today,” Sango smiled. Kohaku was changing. It seemed that the tormented little boy he once was had left him. He was happy, and always smiled.
 
Sango smiled too as her daughter ran up and gave her a big hug. “Safe!” the little one cried out. Miroku, who had been trying so hard to get to the little girl, threw his hands up in defeat.
 
“Oh rats, seems you beat me again,” he smiled. His daughter laughed and gave him a big hug.
 
“Is okay Daddy, maybe you get me nest tie!” she said. Miroku and Sango just laughed at the way their daughter spoke.
 
Kagome looked down the path to see her beloved chasing a very fast little blue haired girl. When her father would speed up, she would speed up even more. When she was close to Kagome she jumped. Her hand had reached Kagome's leg just in time, but her father's hand was grasped gently around her little ankle.
 
“I won!” she proclaimed. Her father looked down at her sternly, yet still smiling.
 
“No you didn't, I had my hand around your leg!” he said pointing a finger at her little ankle. The little girl looked up at him with beautiful golden eyes as blinked.
 
“Nuh-UH! I was already to base! Mommy didn't I win!” she looked pleadingly at Kagome who just laughed. She picked her daughter up and hugged her tight.
 
“Of course you won!” she cooed. The little girl smiled at stuck her tongue out at her daddy.
 
Everyone seemed so happy. So, unreal. `If only this could actually happen,' Kagome thought as she looked around. She placed her daughter down and watched as her dream world faded away. She looked up to see the sacred tree looking back down at her. She smiled and tried to hold back the tears. `Maybe one day, this will actually happen,' she wiped her hands over her eyes and felt a strong hand on her shoulder.
 
“Kagome,” Inuyasha spoke softly in her ear. She smiled. `Must be having a good dream. I wonder what it's about?” he placed her down inside Kaede's hut and sat beside her. She moaned a little and turned over.
 
“Inuyasha,” Miroku walked in the hut and joined his friend. He looked down at the sleeping girl and frowned.
 
“What's wrong?” Inuyasha said his voice still soft. Miroku sighed and looked up at his friend.
 
“We need to find the jewel for her. If we don't she may die,” his voice held nothing but seriousness. Inuyasha looked up from the sleeping form before him to meet his friend's glare.
 
“I know, we leave as soon as she wakes up,” Inuyasha's voice turned serious as well. Kagome, oblivious to what was going on, smiled and softly spoke, “Inuyasha.”
 
“Are you prepared to give up being a full demon for Kagome's sake? If you should continue on your search to be a full demon, Kagome will not be able to live. You know this Inuyasha,” Miroku placed a hand on Inuyasha's shoulder.
 
“I…I would do anything to insure that Kagome will live. Even if it means giving my own life. She doesn't need to suffer. Not like Kikyo did,” he whispered. He bent his head to hide his golden eyes behind his silver locks. Miroku sighed and wiped a lone tear from his eyes.
 
“Kagome won't live Inuyasha,” he spoke softly. Inuyasha's head snapped up and he grabbed a hold of Miroku's clothing.
 
“What do you mean?!” his voice had become violent, almost dripping with poison. Miroku pulled his hands off his clothes and stared a hole into the half demon.
 
“I mean: we will never be able to defeat Naraku, get his jewel shard, AND gather the rest of the jewel shards in the two months. There has to be another way Inuyasha! We need to find another way to save Kagome and do it fast,” Miroku yelled. Kagome stirred a little and blinked her eyes open.
 
“Hi guys,” she said sleepily as she rose up from the futon. Inuyasha was immediately by her side and helped her up. He had become very possessive of her upon hearing the news. He treated her as if she was a rose, something delicate and beautiful that could be taken from him at any moment. Kagome looked up at him and smiled. His heart nearly melted.
 
“We will Miroku,” he nodded as his friend left the hut to tell the others to pack up. Kagome looked to where Miroku was standing and then back to where Inuyasha was.
 
“Will what?” she asked. Inuyasha tickled her causing her to jump up.
 
“Nothing,” he smiled. Kagome looked down at him absolutely surprised. She smiled a mischievous little smile and jumped on him. She gave him a little tickle attack and he grabbed her and pinned her to the ground.
 
“Hey no fair!” she cried. Inuyasha shrugged and smiled. She blushed at the position they were in and gently crawled out from underneath him. Inuyasha blushed too and scratched his head.
 
“Yeah…um…yeah…we're leaving,” he announced and left. Kagome smiled and began to pack her things. `Maybe, just maybe my dream will come true,' she smiled even wider.
 
One word, one accursed word broke down her little happiness. A little girl out side the hut came running by, obviously playing with her friends. She said that one word. She said, “I'm Lady Kikyo and you can be the centipede demon Yukio!” She was just playing a game. Just a silly little game, but it still hurt Kagome.
 
`Kikyo, she will always be the reason that my dream won't be real. Kikyo and Naraku can keep that peace in my dreams from ever being real.' She sighed and walked outside to be greeted by her friends.
 
---Somewhere Far Away---
 
Death, surrounded by fog, looked into the pit. His dark blue eyes pierced the darkness and brought up the image of the girl he was after. Somewhere behind him he heard a voice. A dark voice, full of hatred.
 
“So Inuyasha's little wench is the one you're after now isn't it?” the voice spoke. Death shrugged and continued to look at her. She was currently on the back of that demon traveling across the country side.
 
“What's it to you Naraku?” he spoke, his voice never losing an ounce of beauty. Out of the darkness steps Naraku. He stares down at Death with red eyes full of hate.
 
“She stands in my way. I want her dead,” he walked up and looked into the pit. “You stole two jewel shards from me.” Death threw his head back and laughed. The fog that surrounded them seemed to dance. The laugh chilled Naraku to the bone.
 
“I did. Listen well Naraku; I will not take the girl. Unless I am given a reason. You, with your `she stands in my way' is not a very good reason. Shut up,” he turned to face Naraku who was about to say something. Death's blue eyes were outlined in red as he stared down the half demon before him.
 
“I don't much care for you, Onigumo. You were to be taken by me into the afterlife. Of course your love for Kikyo just happened to be the reason you stayed. You evaded me by calling on demons to keep you from me. I don't like that Naraku. That was playing dirty, and I am the only one who can play dirty!” Death glared at him. Naraku returned every hate filled look he gave.
 
“You see, you stayed among the living for love. THAT disgusting emotion and I just say that…”
 
“That you are not in control of the girl's fate. And neither are you Naraku,” a sweet voice came from behind. Death froze; his face became paler than it already was. Naraku gazed on in amazement as a beautiful woman stepped from behind. She had long blond hair that stopped at her ankles. Her gown was white, and unlike anything Naraku had ever seen.
 
“Away with you Naraku, we no longer wish you here on the plane of dreams,” she spoke. With a wave of her hand Naraku was nowhere to be seen. She then turned to Death.
 
“Hello Ai, it is so nice of you to join me here,” Death forced out. He stared at the woman in front of him, and laughed. “Been to Mycenae lately Ai?” he gestured at her dress.
 
“Yes in fact I have. Lovely there this time of year. It's funny, everyone keeps calling me Aphrodite and dropping down at my feet,” she laughed and transformed in to beautiful maiden wearing a blue kimono.
 
“Love is a universal thing,” Death stared down at Kagome once more. In the short time he had been watching, night had already fallen and she was readying herself for sleep. Ai walked up and put a hand on Death's shoulder.
 
“Sweetie, I think you should go and tell her about the sleep,” she rested her hand on his shoulder and sighed. Death looked down at her with hate filling his eyes.
 
“I cannot interfere any further. I have already informed her of her sacrifice. And DO NOT CALL ME SWEETIE!” he roared. Ai waved her hand and a large cushion appeared out of the fog. She plopped down on it and stared at him.
 
“You told her what her sacrifice will be?” she lifted an eyebrow. Death joined her and looked into her amorous eyes. Pink, they were pink. The one color he absolutely hated more than anything had to be the color of her eyes. What's worst? He was stuck with her for all eternity.
 
“No Ai, I didn't. I told her there would be a sacrifice,” he draped his arm around her as she eagerly cuddled in with him. She played around with chest as she let everything drop.
 
“Death and Love. Two things so different, yet so alike. Just remember, you cannot take Kagome until I say,” she rose up and walked over to the pit. “As long as there is love, you cannot take her.” Death sighed and joined Ai. Together they watched Kagome get ready for bed.
 
---Back with Kagome---
 
“Goodnight you guys,” Kagome yawned. She was about to crawl into bed with the fox when she noticed Inuyasha asleep on the tree. Everyone else had already gone to bed, and Shippo was curled up in her bag. `Oh what could it hurt,' she thought as she snuck over to the sleeping half demon.
 
She leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. “Goodnight Inuyasha,” she said softly as she jumped into her bag and drifted off to sleep.
 
Inuyasha reached a hand up and touched the place where Kagome had kissed him. “Goodnight Kagome.”