InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Alone No More ❯ Green Meets Gold ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. I do own Tsukara though

AN: Sorry it took me a while to update. I needed a little break then our computer was being stupid, AND to top it all off, my mom deleted my chapter that I had halfway writted. GODS it's such a pain in the arse. Oh, and I'll put a japanese dictionary at the end of the chapter. Onna also means female or woman, okay?

Also, this chapter is a bit bloody. I'll tell you when it is if you want to skip it.

Alone No More

Chapter 2 - Green meets Gold

By Demoness Tsukara

Green eyes met gold. The woman blinked twice before screwing her face up in confusion. She didn't recocnize where she was, and there was a strange man standing above her. The woman sat up slowly since her body ached of being in the position she was in. She then turned to face whomever it was that was standing over her.

"Where am I?" The youkai's voice was weak when she asked him. It also hurt her throat to speak, and she put her clawed hand up to her throat because of the pain. She had never been in such a weak state before, and the woman hated it.

Sesshomaru remained completely calm throughout her awakening. He was slightly amused on the inside, but not too much. He had unconsciously taken a step back in case she had been dangerous, though he highly doubted it in her sickly state.

"You are in a clinic a little ways from the well where I found you." To her ears his voice was low and smooth as silk, though she really couldn't concentrate on it.(AN: Heh, I can't even concentrate on what I'm writing...bleh.)

"We are? I really can't recall what happened before now..." Her voice still hurt but it was getting better with use. She looked up to him and narrowed her eyes, trying to see straight. "What happened to me?"

Sesshomaru looked out the window next to the woman's bed, trying to figure out what to say. Then it was decided that he should just say it bluntly.(AN: Sadly I think he's turning into his brother here.)"The doctor of this clinic said that you had been poisoned." Sesshomaru turned his gaze to the woman before him. "But, before you ask any more questions, I wish to know your name."

"Before I till you my name, will you tell me yours?" The woman's voice was better now, and she could talk without hurting herself. She also had a small smile playing at the edges of her lips. "Either that or earn your way to my name." Her smile had grown a little more at how she was irritating him. She could smell his irritation.

Sesshomaru growled just then. 'What is this woman doing? Is she playing at something?' He turned his back to her then took a few strides towards the door before she called softly. The taiyoukai turned his head halfway and glanced at the woman through the corners of his eyes. She annoyed him, that was for sure, but she was still a mystery to Sesshomaru, and he wanted to figure her out.

"I will tell you my name, but in return, you must tell me yours, and you will owe me for it." She looked at him seriously. Her hand had dropped to her side long ago, and now she held them both clasped in her lap.

Sesshomaru's low voice penetrated her ears once more. "Tell me, why would I owe you for you telling me your name?" It was an odd request that he'd owe her something, but it did not matter, for if it was too much, he could dump her off a cliff for all he cared.

"Where I come from, it is a custom that in an exchange for names, we also owe something to whomever we get the name from. It is an old custom, but it could save someones life, or take it. It is more so for a female to give a male their name. The woman would not generally owe a man anything, since most are worthless. I am one of the worthless ones. I would have nothing to give you, save perhaps my body, which I doubt you would want. You don't seem like that type of man."

Sesshomaru frowned at hearing of the old custom. It was certainly out of the ordinary. 'Where on earth is she from?' His mind plagued him with questions which wearied him. The taiyoukai mentally shoved them to the back of his mind.

"Fine, I will do what you ask." Sesshomaru continued to stand in that position until he heard her name.

The woman smiled at this, and nodded her head. "My name is Tsukara. Are you satisfied?" She did not wait to hear his reply and she continued with what she was going to say. "Now, you will tell me your name, though what you will owe me I will have to think of later. I cannot come up with anything now." Tsukara waited patiently for him and swung her legs over the side of the bed, and pulled up the neck of her yukata.

"I am Sesshomaru." His voice was quiet though Tsukara could still hear him with her demonic hearing. He turned to face her once again and spoke. "Now come, I also wish to know more about you, so we will return to my castle." Graceful as his voice was, the onna youkai couldn't believe what she heard. Was he treating her like some object, and she didn't like it at all.

"N-nani? What did you say?" She looked at him incredulously. "I am not like some item that you can toss around. I am a living being!" Tsukara glared at him, and if looks could kill Sesshomaru would be dead a hundred times over.

Hearing this Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes to thin slits, and they faded to a light red color. He strode over to her with a purpose, and when he reached her, his clawed hand shot out and grabbed her upper left arm. It had seemed that the taiyoukai was so enraged by the insolence of the onna youkai that he didn't realize that purple liquid dripped from his hand and through Tsukara's yukata onto her skin, creating the smell of burning flesh.

"Woman, you will come with me. You either have that choice or being tossed over a cliff. Which do you choose? I will not tolerate your insolence. You will obey me, and not talk back to me. Is that clear?!" Sesshomaru gripped Tsukara's arm tighter, and more poison dripped from his claw. And to make it worse, blood streamed down Tsukara's arm and dripped onto the wooden floor as Sesshomaru held her up by her arm only. She hung from him grimacing in pain. "Do I make myself clear!?" Sesshomaru hissed into her ear.

Tsukara managed a slight nod and the taiyoukai dropped her to the ground. Tsukara fell limp and her arm stung from the poison. It had gone into her system, but her body would get rid of it soon. She was used to an inuyoukai's poison. She lowered her head so her hair fell in front of her face and she kept quiet.

His eyes returned to normal and Sesshomaru immediately turned on his heel and walked out of the clinic.

(AN: Here's where we go into detail.)

Tsukara listened to him walk away, and when she was sure he was gone, she looked to examine her arm. What she saw made her flinch. Where he had grabbed her the yukata sleeve was burned away and the end had fallen off. Her skin was also burned off and left the insides open to exposure. Little rivulets of blood streamed down her arm and was now pooling beneath her.

(AN: Short, but here ends the gore.)

Tsukara grimaced and ripped off the bottom of her yukata, and wrapped it around her arm the best she could with one arm. When it was securely tied, the onna youkai stood up warily and looked around the room.

Something black caught her attention and she turned to face it. On a small stool next to her bed was a black and white kimono. She walked towards the stool and held the cloth up with her good arm. She studied it and it seemed like the perfect size for her. It was all black with the exception of white cherry blossoms dusting the shoulder, the sleeves and the bottom of the kimono. Her breath caught in her throat.

"It's beautiful. . . " She ran her fingers down the robe, then held it to her body. It was made of fine silk and the petals had been delicately painted onto the kimono. Tsukara smiled then looked down to the stool again. Still laying there was a crimson obi and a gold rope to hold the kimono together, and there was a pale pink inner robe beneath the obi. (AN: I don't know what the official japanese name of the 'inner robe' is so if anyone can tell me, please do.)

The woman smiled and set the kimono down on her bed and looked to the other patient. She heard his soft breathing and smiled knowing he was asleep.

Slowly and carefully Tsukara removed her yukata and lifted up the pink inner robe carefully from underneath the obi. Her skin had gashes and bruises embedded in her body. She looked down at her naked form and grimaced at the ugliness of her body.

Tsukara slipped it on and savored the feel of soft cotton against her slightly bruised and battered flesh. She quickly wrapped it around herself to hide her body from the world. She hated how she looked and she thought she was the ugliest woman alive. And to make it worse, she was a youkai and she was still helpless.

The youkai shuddered slightly and quickly wrapped the black kimono around her. She felt more comfortable when she was covered up so no one had to see her cuts and bruises. Lastly, Tsukara wrapped the obi around her waist and tied the back in less than a few minutes, and it was still perfect. The golden rope was also tied around her waist in a bow.

Tsukara looked down at herself again and was pleased with what she saw this time. She looked decent, and you couldn't see any of the batters on her body. With that, the youkai woman stepped out of the clinic. She strained her ears to listen for Sesshomaru and couldn't find him, in which she was a little glad, but was still worried about where she was to go.

Taking a deep breath she also sniffed the air for him. His scent was there, but was at least 20 minutes old. She cocked her head to the side and walked a little further until a breeze blew by. She sniffed the air again and caught his scent, followed by the smell of woodland trees, meaning he was in the forest. Tsukara turned in that direction and headed towards the woods. Despite what he did to her arm, the youkai woman held no animosity towards him.

Fifteen minutes later, Tsukara finally reached the trees. She took a whiff of the air again and followed Sesshomaru's scent. She really didn't know what his scent was, but it smelled of youkai, and she was sure it was him. The youkai woman kept following the path until his scent was the strongest.

She walked out into a clearing where there was a stream and Tsukara saw his form sitting indian style by the creek bed. She took a quiet deep breath and strode towards him.

Sesshomaru had smelled her long before she reached the clearing, and was waiting patiently. It was odd though, he also smelled the scent of blood. (AN: Just so you know, Sesshomaru doesn't know he injured her, he was blinded by rage. . . I wonder how he lost control of his emotions like that?)

He continued to watch the water in front of him, keeping quiet until she stopped behind him. He knew she was waiting for him to say something, but kept silent for the time being, and stood up still facing the water. Sesshomaru towered over her quite a bit but his height didn't seem to frighten her since he smelled serenity coming from the woman behind him.

Tsukara watched him as he stood up and waited a while before realizing he wasn't going to speak. "I. . .I'm sorry for what I said back there. But, I want you to know that I don't like being treated like an object." She lowered her head and clasped her clawed hands in front of her. "I will do what you want. Just please do not treat me like an object." The onna waited for him to say something more, and heard him turn around. She shut her eyes tight and lowered her head more. 'Why am I so weak? Why!?'

To her surprise, Sesshomaru did not yell at her, but used the same tone of voice he always did. "It does not matter any more." He walked passed her and she snapped open her eyes, surprised by what he said.

The taiyoukai stopped a few meters behind her. "And do not seem so weak. I know you're not, so why do you act?" Walking off once more he said while he left. "Come. We must leave here for my castle. Jakken is waiting, and I need to prepare." With that, he disappeared behind the trees, leaving a completely shocked and confused Tsukara staring in his wake.

~*~

AN: Whew! Three and a half hours! That took a while. ANYWAY, thanks for reading, and waiting for this loong postponed chapter. Sorry, I had X-mas, drawing......and I needed a TINY break. That, and you read what happened. Damn my mother for deleting what I already wrote. GOMEN again for not updating. Anyway, PLEASE Review!

Japanese Dictionary

onna - woman or female

yukata - thin bedrobe

kimono - Dress for women in the Sengoku Jidai

I think that's all. If I missed any please tell me.

FF.net

Dragonmage Shizuka - Actually, he's not in love yet, but he will be. I guess it'll start in the middle of the story. I have big plans for Tsukara and Fluffy! ~grins evilly~ Tee hee. Oh and arigatou gozaimasu for the name for my brother. Sad thing is, he copies me and calls me that back. It sucks.

The Unnamed Demon - Ack! Not Tokijin onegai! Though I wouldn't mind you sending Sesshy-sama after me. Thanks for reviewing!

MM.org

meera - You think it's interesting? That's cool. Thanks for reviewing. Sorry I don't have much to say.

Twilight Angel - Yay! People love it! I won't stop. And I'm sorry for not updating sooner.

Unnamed Demon - That's funny. You reviewed on both sites. Lol. Thanks anyway.

Well. There are the comments. I'll update I think after New Years. Oh, and sorry, but Merry Late Christmas, or Hannukha(sp?) or Kwanzaa or Yule, or whatever you celebrate! And Happy New Years!

Go ahead

..

...

....

...

..

Push that darned button and review! ^_~V

D.T.