InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bacchanalia ❯ The Invitation ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
" ____ " Speaking

[ ____ ] Thoughts

~*~*~*~ Scene change





~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~* ~*~*~~*~*~*~



"Who're you?"

The scared little voice brought Kagome back to reality, closing the book in her hands while turning on the window seat. "I was wondering just how long you could sleep."

"Who are you?" He asked again, rubbing his sore head. "Where am I? Why am I here?"

"You don't remember the accident?" Kagome stood and went to his side, sitting on the bed not far from him. "My name's Kagome and we're at Muirwood Manor."

"I remember... Mrs Mendille was taking me back to the orphanage in a carriage and they were talking when something hit us and then everything went black. Then a man was asking me questions and had me drink some water." The little boy sighed, pulling up the cover. "Its nice here, this bed's really warm."

Kagome nodded, "Yes its quite nice here, this is one of the Duke of Wyvern's homes, you're lucky we were on our way here. We saw your overturned carriage and tried to help."

"Am I the only one here? Is Mrs Mendille ok? I didn't know anyone else on the carriage, not that they were very friendly." He yawned and blinked against sleep.

"You were the only one we could save, it was too late for the others," Kagome sighed, taking hold of his hand, "Sleep now, it'll help you feel better."

He nodded, asking quietly, "Miss, what's gonna happen now? We'd just been to my parent's funeral, I don't have anywhere else to go. Will the Duke have me sent to the orphanage?"

"We'll worry about that later ok? You just get some rest," stroking his hand softly until his breathing evened out again, Kagome sighed and slipped from the bed, heading out of the room for a breath of air.

[Its a shame its still raining, it would be nice to go outside] Strolling through the main hallway and looking at the portraits hung there, she was surprised by a voice interrupting her thoughts. "Hungry miss? His lordship requests your presence in the morning room."

Turning to smile at the grumpy old coot, Kagome hesitated a moment, "What about Shippo?"

"I'll watch over him during your absence, he'll be fine," Myouga led the way downstairs to a comfortable room with a small table set with a lunch for two.

The Duke entered a few minutes later, excusing his tardiness easily, "How is he?"

"Worried, but sleeping," Kagome served herself some tea and took a sip, frowning at the new taste.

"You don't care for my tea? Sent to me by a friend who lives in China not long ago," Inuyasha smirked, watching her take another sip.

"Its good, it just has a unique flavor I'd never tasted," Kagome smiled, taking a bite of her lunch.

They ate and chatted amicably, finding out more about each other, their tastes and interests. Once the meal was finished with, Inuyasha seemed reluctant to go back into the library and resume his boring paperwork. When she mentioned her interest in plants, he found a perfect way to keep them entertained.

"Would you say you're skills with them are good or average?" he asked, leading her to the back of the house.

"I'd say I'm pretty good," Kagome frowned a little, wondering where he could be taking her.

Inuyasha stopped at a door and grabbed a pair of slickers, "Maybe you could help me then, put that on."

"We're going outside?" Kagome did as told, closing it tightly around her, "I don't think my slippers will survive that, and I happen to like this pair."

"That could present a problem," Inuyasha looked at the tools by the door and was relieved to find one of his pairs of work boots was still there. "I believe I may have a solution."

Helping her into them, they both grinned at the difference in shoe size. She looked like a child playing dress up, with the overly long slicker and boots on. "I haven't felt this way in years," Kagome laughed, taking a deep breath before following him out into the rain.

Taking her hand, Inuyasha hurried over to the glass door, stopping mid-way when she yelped and pulled back. "I lost a boot!"

Turning to see, he laughed at her predicament. Standing on one leg, she wobbled feebly, holding to him for stability, a worried frown graced her face adding to the funny picture. "What a mess!"

Stepping back a couple of paces, he surprised her by swinging her up into his arms, leaving the soaked boot where it lay stuck in the mud and closing the door behind them. "Welcome to my private garden."

"How gorgeous! Kagome gasped, awed by the multitude of flowers and plants inside the glass structure. "I've never seen anything so pretty!"

Absently setting her non-booted foot down, she stepped forward and examined the blooms, many of which she'd never seen before. "These are amazing, look how lovely!"

Her bubbling enthusiasm made him smile, watching her skip about like a child in a toy store. She smelled the flowers and touched their petals softly, examining the newer plants closely, biting her lip while analyzing a few. [And she says she's not a child? Miroku was right about her curiosity.]

"Find anything to your liking?" Inuyasha removed his slicker and joined her.

Kagome nodded, "I've never seen this plant, what's it called?"

"Ah, that's that the 'Samanea Saman' or also called the 'Monkey Pod Rain Tree'," Inuyasha tapped the glass surrounding it, "I should probably place it outside, the rain will do it some good."

Lifting the lid off the container, he picked it up and headed to the door, setting it just outside. "Look its closing up!" Kagome startled him, her voice right beside him. "And those pretty flowers are closing up too."

"They like the rain, it helps them grow and the flowers look better afterwards," Inuyasha led her back to see another of the plants. After asking for her opinion on the care of a few of them, followed by a question & answer session about his more exotic specimens, a clap of thunder sounded nearby, making Kagome jump a little by his side. Inuyasha frowned, noticing the water pounding down harder outside the greenhouse, "Looks like the storm's getting worse."

"Its certainly darker now," Kagome frowned, wondering what time it must be, "Oh! I completely forgot about Shippo!"

"Shippo?" Inuyasha ducked outside for a moment, coming back in with the Monkey Pod plant in hand, "Who's Shippo?"

"The boy my lord?" Kagome frowned, watching him put it back in its protective case.

"Oh right, I'd forgotten all about him also, no matter, Myouga's actually quite good with males." Inuyasha grinned, "Its the female visitors he's not too friendly towards."

Kagome frowned, slipping her slicker back on, "Why would that be?"

"Let's just say most of my female visitors here are not the best of company for a duke," Inuyasha seemed to suddenly remember her missing boot and frowned while lifting her again, "Isn't your foot cold?"

"To be honest I hadn't thought of it," Kagome also frowned, suddenly realizing how stiff her toes felt, "But I must admit its freezing."

"Can't have that now can we?"

Hurrying back inside, Inuyasha once again left the wary boot, now covered in mood and brimming with water in the middle of the path between the house and greenhouse. Once inside the manor, he helped her remove the other boot and ushered her into his library, ordering for more tea and setting her down in a large winged chair by the fireplace.

"Perhaps it'd be better if I went upstairs and changed?" Kagome stood, the feeling returning to her feet already.

"In a moment, your foot's warming up now?"

"Yes, but I want to check up on Shippo also," Kagome stood, wriggling her foot about to bring feeling back to it. "I must admit that stings a little."

"You should have told me earlier," Inuyasha scolded lightly.

Kagome gaped, "And ruin the perfectly good tour I was getting? Never!"

Inuyasha chuckled, "Well I hope it was worth it, now you'd better hurry up and change quickly, I'll expect you back in a few minutes though."

Doing as told, Kagome practically skipped upstairs, bouncing into the room where Shippo rested a bit loudly. [Oops] Tip-toeing over to the drawers where she assumed her clothes had been put away, she found out a warm pair and quickly changed, leaving the others on the seat she used.

Slipping on her slippers again, now that both stockings were dry, she checked Shippo, relieved to ++see him breathing evenly and resting well before heading back downstairs. Nearing the library again, she was surprised to find the door slightly open and Myouga's exasperated voice scolding the duke.

"You can't honestly be thinking of attending this evening, not with this weather and with guests to care for? Its simply not done my lord, what shall we do with a pair of children in the manor?" His miffed tone caused a low laugh from the duke.

His tone was low and teasing as he replied, "You'll make do Myouga, I'm sure you agree that neither of them is quite the type I could invite to the party? And I'm not missing out on this evening, not when it'll be the last of its type for a while."

"But my lord, you agreed to behave last time your brother came to visit, and you know he's still in the country. If he were to find out you were going to parties like that again he would have your head on a platter and a ring on that finger before you could even get over the party's hangover." Myouga insisted.

Having slowly leaned in closer to hear their conversation, Kagome failed to realize she was touching her ear to the door until the traitorous thing slid open and caused her to lose her balance, landing sprawled on the floor at the doorway.

"Oh my!" Myouga sounded both outraged and shocked. "Miss Higurashi!"

"Hello my dear," Inuyasha smirked, biting back the laughter threatening to escape him at the sight of his shocked butler and embarrassed visitor. "Do come in and take a seat, I'm sure the floor must be dreadfully uncomfortable."

"Oh but I find your carpet just FASCINATING my lord, really, I noticed it on my way out and just HAD to get a better look," Kagome feigned interest, pulling a stray piece of lint from a star-shaped marking below her.

"My lady this is..." Myouga was cut off easily.

"Who's with the boy Myouga?" Inuyasha frowned, watching with a slight twinkle in his eye as Kagome stood and dusted off her gown.

"Hachi has offered to look after the boy, seeing how he can't go home if you'll be needing his services tonight," Myouga finished tersely, disapproval etched in his voice.

"You're going out my lord?" Kagome asked, moving aside as the butler excused himself and closed the door behind him.

"Indeed, I am thinking of going to a friend's party this evening." Inuyasha explained easily, "I do hope that you're not offended if I leave you for a few hours tonight, I'm afraid I had already agreed to go when Miroku asked me to watch over you."

"Oh no, I was just wondering that's all," Kagome shrugged, moving to stand by the winged chair near the fireplace again. "Will there be many people from the TON there? I wonder if Miroku was invited?"

"He was and no, there will only be many gentlemen from the ton, no ladies," Inuyasha waited to gauge her reaction, wondering what surprises this might bring. She certainly wasn't the type to remain silent with doubts, she'd proved that in the greenhouse earlier.

Kagome was frowning a little, confusion apparent in her expression, "No ladies? But what's the point? Is it like when gentlemen go off to the clubs? You just sit around, drink sherry and discuss politics and the like?"

"No my dear, you misunderstood, there are women, just not the kind one would call a 'lady' or who would be found in the balls amongst the TON." He moved a little closer, leaving a mere foot between them.

She licked her lips, quirking her head sideways a little and raising her eyes from the fireplace to his. "But then, who are they? Where do they come from? What kind of party is it? Perhaps that could help."

"Its a gentlemen's party," Inuyasha gave a smug smile, waiting for her shock, perhaps she'd leave, or maybe she'd try to convince him of how wrong his lifestyle was. "To put things more clearly, its a bacchanalia."

She blinked, obviously unacquainted with the word, her innocence galling him for a second as she bit her lip trying to figure out what he meant. Hesitantly, she spoke again, "I'm going to sound very foolish and perhaps prove your earlier statement that I was barely older than a child but I must ask."

"Yes?"

"Umm... W-what is a bacchanalia?" Kagome asked shyly.

"Why? Do you want to go?" Inuyasha smiled, finding he quite enjoyed baiting her.

"Perhaps, if I knew what it was," Kagome turned her eyes away from his.

He moved suddenly and was very close when he whispered into her ear, "A party... a very wicked, wild, dangerous party, my dear."

"Wicked?" Kagome blushed, unsettled by his proximity, fighting against the urge to lean slightly closer and take in his scent, the one she'd noticed in his room. [I'll forever remember him when I smell Sandalwood.]

He chuckled, leaning back and shaking his head in surprise at her, "My lord, how very naive can you be? Its an orgy Kagome, a party dedicated to the sole purpose of enjoying the pleasures of drinks and sex. The women there will all be whores, and the occasional widow or miffed wife."

"W-whores?" Kagome squeaked, paling before his eyes, her own chocolate brown orbs staring at him in shock, "And you just invited me to go?!"

Inuyasha frowned, "I didn't really think that through. No, I didn't mean it my dear, don't take offense. I only said it to goad you, not to insinuate anything. Of course I wouldn't really take you with me."

Kagome nodded, innocent curiosity in her voice once again, "And if ones goes, MUST they participate? Can one just watch?"

"That would prove quite difficult I'm sure, but I don't suppose they could be forced, at least, not a man." Inuyasha shrugged, "A lady with a good protector, possibly."

"Hmm..." Kagome sighed, "More's the pity."

"What is?" Inuyasha eyed her carefully, not liking the look in her eyes.

Kagome shrugged, eyes focused on the fireplace, "I was just thinking you were right earlier today."

"Oh really? How so?" Inuyasha took a seat across from her, motioning for her to sit in the chair she stood by.

She did, speaking while fixing her gown, "I am horribly naive when it comes to such wordly things. Heaven knows I've lived in a sheltered bubble back home. Birkstead's such a small place, everyone knows everyone, all the young men there and I have grown up together so none would dare try anything. Here in London cousin Miroku watches over me like a highly trained guard dog it seems. Kouga only kissed me when he was busy dancing once, and that was because he hadn't realized I'd left Sango's side. He found us moments after it was over with, so of course I don't know much about what happens at those parties."

"A fact I'm very relieved to hear," Inuyasha nodded, "Young girls like you shouldn't know about such things until you're married."

"But why not? You're not married and yet you can have all the sex you want? How horribly unfair," Kagome frowned, "What makes you so different?"

Inuyasha stiffened, "What do you mean?! I'm a man, and men have needs, we don't need to wait to be married to learn about them or how to deal with them."

"And so why should women? Don't WE have needs also?" Kagome calmly waited for a reply.

That made him start, the playful light leaving his eyes for good, "Are you joking?"

"I'm perfectly serious," her tone and posture left no doubt about that. Her pretty little chin was lifted proudly, eyes meeting his with a calm he was sure would waver soon enough.

"And just what do you know of those needs?" Inuyasha countered, both shocked and fascinated by this turn of events. "Tell me my dear, perhaps you're not so naive. Have you ever felt the need to be with a man? Do you know what you speak of?"

That shot her down immediately, her eyes lowering, cheeks blushing and shoulders slumping a bit, "I couldn't say I have, not that I know of, but then again if I don't know what it means, how can I be sure? See that's my point, girls should be educated too."

"How?"

She wet her lips again, "Well... perhaps by being invited to these parties, or being allowed to host our own."

That had him shaking his head, "My dear girl you're getting in over your head, if I were to take an innocent young lady to one of these parties I assure you she'd be so shocked she wouldn't allow a man near her for the rest of her life."

"How can you be so sure?" Kagome insisted, "We read! There are some very interesting novels out for ladies now, and we know about anatomy, and we see the same classical sculptures from Rome and India and the likes."

"Are you saying you honestly believe you could survive one of these parties?" Inuyasha leaned forward, intrigued by her obvious belief in her words.

"Of course, I don't see how bad a party could be," Kagome tossed her head back, inwardly doubting her own words.

"Well... how very interesting," Inuyasha leaned back, watching her for a moment in silence before speaking again. "I'm tempted to make you prove your words and bring you along with me."

A flicker of panic flashed through her eyes, he saw, as well as the stiffening of her body and slight catch in her breath. "This could definitely be interesting, I would take a part as your tutor in the world of debauchery and lewdness. Oh yes, there's no doubt about that Kagome, the things you'd see would likely shock the stockings off your slippered feet."

"Would I have to participate?" Kagome asked, voice not nearly as strong or loud as a few minutes earlier.

"No, as a matter of fact, if you did go, I would personally make sure you didn't," Inuyasha frowned, "Miroku would have my head on a platter though."

"Miroku's a pain," Kagome bit her lip, wondering just how curious she was about these parties. "Would you take me?"

"Would you really come?" Inuyasha leaned back, struggling against both their curiosities and his promises to behave. [Miroku will kill me - and Sesshomaru will make me wed if he finds out. All for this chit to learn about sex.]

Frowning, he analyzed her and mentally shook his head. [There's no way I could keep the men from her, those curves are trouble even for me.]

But the idea fascinated him, and he found it even more tempting when he thought of their earlier kiss in his room. How would a naive girl like Kagome react? Would it really be so bad if she went? Perhaps if she wore a wig, no one would recognize her...

"How about it?" Inuyasha finally spoke again, eyes dancing with mischief. "I just might be crazy enough to take you."

Kagome hesitated a moment, biting her lip uncertainly.

"You disappoint me my dear, I was kind of hoping you'd come." Inuyasha sighed in relief, sitting back comfortably.

"I'll go," Kagome took a deep breath and raised that little chin again.

"Are you certain? I want to make sure you're completely confident in this before we go on." Inuyasha insisted.

"I'm sure, but I was just wondering how we could keep me from being discovered."

"Leave that to me, luckily for us, Naraku decided to host a masque tonight, which will have everyone's faces mostly or at least partly covered." With a grin, Inuyasha stood, offering his hand to her.

"Where are we going?" Kagome allowed him to take her upstairs.

"To look for a costume, its got to be just right," leading her up to one of the bedrooms hardly ever used, he opened the closet and was satisfied to see it had what he was looking for.

"Oh my," Kagome eyed the small dresses and slips inside and wondered what she'd gotten herself into. "My lord?"

"That's the first thing that must go Kagome, no more 'my lord' it simply isn't used at these parties." Inuyasha lightly scolded, "Besides, I thought I'd told you earlier to call me by my name?"

"But my lord..." Kagome gasped when he suddenly turned to her, their faces mere inches apart.

He looked mildly annoyed, "If you expect not to get caught you must play your part well, now repeat after me, Inu..."

"Inuyasha, I KNOW your name," Kagome frowned, "What part am I to play?"

He grinned again, turning back to the dresses and pulling a few out, silently going over them before his eyes landed on one and lit up. "Tonight my dear, you will no longer be Miss Kagome Higurashi from simple little Birkstead, you'll be... Gianna, my new mistress."

"Mistress?" Kagome blushed, focusing on the clothes in front of her. "I'm going to be a mistress?"

"Don't worry love, it'll only be pretend," Inuyasha teased, handing over the dress he'd chosen. "Go, there's a screen over on that side of the room."

"You want me to change with you here?" Kagome balked.

"Its certainly not so shocking after I helped you undress this morning," Inuyasha chuckled, "Besides I'm focused on finding a suitable match to your outfit, so I won't be peeking and if you can't even change in a room with a man in it I don't see how I could take you to the party."

"My lor... Inuyasha?" Kagome held the dress but stayed beside him, waiting for him to give her his attention. "About this party."

"Yes?"

"I won't have to do... well, anything will I?" Kagome's voice wavered a little. "You did mean that about making sure I didn't, right?"

Inuyasha faced her, holding a pile of veils in hand, seeing her uncertainty, he shook his head a little and leaned in closer, lifting one hand to cup her cheek. "The most you'll have to do you've already done."

"Like?"

"Like this," Inuyasha whispered, closing the gap between them easily, dropping the things in his hand to wrap his arm around her waist and pull her closer while savoring the taste of her lips again.

This time their parting was less dramatic, Inuyasha simply moved his head to rest his chin on her shoulder. "That's what I was worried about," she whispered, "Will we have to kiss very much?"

"A bit," Inuyasha nodded, leaning back to look her in the eyes, "But that's as far as things will go Kagome. You're going to see things tonight, things you'd never imagined and that might shock or frighten you, but I swear you won't be involved. You'll leave that party as complete as you entered, a bit wiser perhaps, but you won't be touched."

"Promise?" Kagome's request was a shaky whisper.

"I promise, no one but I will touch you, and I will be on my best behavior," Inuyasha kissed her lips softly again. "Trust me?"

"I hardly know you," Kagome laughed, "But I trust you, if only because you're such a good kisser."

"Better than Kouga?" Inuyasha grinned, resting his forehead against hers comfortably, fully enjoying this playful banter.

"I already told you you were," Kagome sighed, the chiming of a clock's bells reminding them of the hour. "Eight o'clock."

"The party starts at ten," Inuyasha removed his hands from her waist and back, turning her towards the screen. "Hurry and dress Gianna, there is much to do in the next two hours."

"All right," turning to the screen, Kagome couldn't help wondering just what she'd gotten herself into.

[But then he did promise to behave, it couldn't be so bad... and of course I certainly won't mind having to kiss him again.]





~*~*~*~~*~*~*~





"I hate curling my hair," Kagome pouted, frowning at him in the mirror while watching him hold the hot iron to her tresses.

"It'll keep you from being recognized, and add a softening touch to your look, men go wild for wavy curls," Inuyasha sighed, petting the part that was already done.

Kagome shrugged, pulling the robe tighter around her shoulders, "I must admit, its fun having a duke as a lady's maid, how did you learn to do a girl's hair?"

"A girl in France taught me," Inuyasha's smile dimmed a little before he snapped to and removed the iron, pleased with the big curls falling from it.

"Just a couple more," he quickly finished with the iron, turning her to look at her make up. "More powder and let me see..."

Picking up a brow pencil, he outlined her eyes, darkening a freckle she had a few centimeters from her right eye. "A natural beauty spot is a plus you know."

"Beauty spot?" Kagome frowned a little, "I always hated that freckle."

"Some men adore freckles," Inuyasha informed her, adding another just above her lip on her left cheek. "Very tempting."

"I don't know about this," Kagome took a little of the cream he offered and smeared it on her lips as told, rubbing it in carefully. "This red is just shocking, mamma would have a fit."

"Miroku would kill me," Inuyasha smirked, sitting back and looking her make up over again.

"What about you my lor... Inuyasha?" Kagome crossed her legs, sitting back against the vanity. "Its nearly nine-thirty, shouldn't you go get ready?"

"I only take a few minutes to dress," Inuyasha headed to the door at a knock, thanking the groom and taking the tray from him. "Dinner."

"Oh good, I'm famished," Kagome moved to the table where he set it down and picked up one of the biscuits. "You have an excellent chef."

"Maurice is very good, he's been with me for quite some time now and knows exactly what to cook for all occasions, notice the baguettes?"

"I wondered about that, for dinner?" Kagome cocked her head sideways, picking one up.

Inuyasha grabbed one also, "Bread absorbs liquor, which helps a gentleman keep his wits a little longer at parties. I always have a baguette and some biscuits before any festivity like tonight's."

Kagome nodded, swallowing the bite she'd taken before asking, "Do you go to these parties often?"

"Somewhat," Inuyasha shrugged, "Like everything, they get tiresome after a while."

[How strange] Kagome finished her meal in silence, worry about the night's even growing as the time grew closer to ten. "Is it very far from here?"

"About half an hour by carriage," Inuyasha saw the worry that caused and smiled, "Don't fret, no one expects guests to be exactly on time. We'll be fashionably late."

"All right," Kagome followed him back to the vanity, sitting facing away from the mirror while he set a crown of fake flowers on her hair and pinned it down. Once satisfied it was in place, Inuyasha stepped back, pleased by the effect it gave. A cascade of glittery ribbons fell from the back, mixing in her curly hair easily.

"Well, can I see the whole outfit now? You covered up with that robe and didn't let me take in how you looked in the dress." Inuyasha crossed his arms, waiting for her to remove it.

"Not until we leave," Kagome grinned at his impatience. "I really think you should go change, I'll just touch up my lips a little while I wait."

Inuyasha nodded, grabbing the clothes he'd decided on and moving over to the screen. Kagome gasped, turning her back quickly. "My lord!"

"What did you call me?" he asked, a touch of a warning in his voice.

"Inuyasha this is most inapropriate! You should have the decency to go change in another room!" Kagome bit her lip, forcing her hands not to shake while she smeared a little more of the red cream on her lips.

Opening the robe, she picked up a bottle of lotion he'd left for her to use, rubbing it across her bare skin, blushing at the indecency of the dress. [I can't believe the mess I've gotten myself into.]

A low whistle from behind her made her turn and hold her breath. He was dressed in a pair of black hessians, a wine colored shirt over that with the lacing at the top left loose, exposing a bit of his chest. He also wore a hat, large with a black plume at the back. He looked dashing, in a roguish, slightly ruffled and daring way.

"I take it you approve," he grinned at her, coming to pull her from the chair. "Now its my turn, off with the robe."

"All right," Kagome took a deep breath and gathering her courage, lowered her arms and let the robe slip from her shoulders, falling with a soft wisp to the seat she'd just left.

"Christ," Inuyasha felt his throat go dry, eyes widening while she stood waiting for his approval. The sight affected him as none had before.

The dress, a gaudy thing left behind by one of his ex-mistresses, matched the color of his shirt perfectly, the sleeves hanging off her shoulders fell along her arms in silky strips, flittering around loosely. The bodice clung much the same as her wet dress had, molding to her body like a second skin, the cleavage showing a goodly portion of her bosom which glittered thanks to the lotion. Her legs were bare, smooth and exposed also, one side of the dress falling in a diagonal to her calf, strips cut into the bottom while the other side stopped at her thigh, a slit there allowing for her upper thigh to show when she moved.

She was everything a man could want in a mistress, all the right curves, intelligent, fun, and so tasty his mouth was watering again. The innocent air around her only added to the mystique, and he struggled to hold himself back when her small tongue darted out to moisten her lips slowly, a habit he'd already noticed and found quite arousing. He finally managed to speak again, trying to add a little humor to calm them both, "I'm going to be the envy of the party."

"Thank you, so will I," Kagome took a deep, steadying breath, bringing his attention back to the soft swells of her bosom, and leaving him stunned for a second.

The clock bells ringing ten snapped them out of it and made Kagome fidget uncomfortably. "I'm a little frightened," she admitted, turning so he could settle a soft cloak about her shoulders, digging her slipper into the carpet.

"You'll be fine," Inuyasha insisted, "But if you would rather stay...?"

"Oh no, I'd die of regret later," Kagome slipped her arm into the crook of his, following him outside. "How likely is it, after all, that I'll be invited to one of these parties by a duke again?"

"Or allowed near me at all," Inuyasha added, knowing if Miroku found out... [God lord, let him never hear of this mess.]

Lifting her into the carriage, Inuyasha reminded Myouga to take good care of the boy before taking a seat beside her. "You're riding inside?"

There was surprise in her voice, along with a little fear, "Its not that far a trip and I'd be very cold outside with the chill from the storm still in the air.

"That's right, it was raining," Kagome suddenly realized how dark but peaceful the sky was. "How odd, I'd forgotten all about it."

"So had I," Inuyasha smirked, keeping a good distance between them on the seat. [I've been too busy thinking about you.]







~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~* ~*~*~~*~*~*~





Sorry for the wait!

Ok this update was a bit shorter, but I figured that'd be a good place to leave it off and I know, not much action this chapter, but now comes the good stuff.

How will Kagome survive such a wild night? Find out next update!

BTW- That bread stuff he mentioned really works, its also good to eat bread while drinking or afterwords. At least it works for some folks - and yes I DO speak from experience, I am over 21 after all ^_~