InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bacchanalia ❯ One last wish ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author's Notes: A few people have asked about their relationship and why aren't they in love already? Well, real life isn't always 'love at first sight' and immediately knowing you're soul-mates, it hardly ever is, and I'm trying to make this a bit more realistic. Writing an A/U in my mind at least, allows you a bit more freedom, you don't have to stick to the norms because its not in the normal setting, so I'm doing that, and I like the results so far.


" " Speaking
[ ] Thoughts

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

"All five? You can't possibly mean that!" Kagome gaped, wide eyes focused on the man beside her on the ground.

Inuyasha nodded, seemingly unaware of her shock at the prospect of buying all five of the gowns they'd been shown. Not only had he ordered those five evening gowns, he'd already ordered seven day dresses, of which three would be ready by the end of the day, one by the time her fittings were over, and not to mention the three riding habits, countless hats and pairs of shoes and slippers. The man was so nonchalant about the amount of money he was spending, she could only imagine how much he actually had.

[He certainly meant it when he said he had enough money without his father's inheritance] Kagome gulped when the owner, Madame DeLoncre, asked about her undergarments and lingerie.

"Let's see what you have," Inuyasha easily ordered, laughing when he looked up to his blushing fiancee.

"I think not Madame!" Kagome stepped off the tableau she'd been asked to stand on for fittings and shook her head. "I shall return tomorrow afternoon to buy my undergarments without the presence of his grace."

"Are you certain? Its no trouble getting them now, there's plenty of time before we have to be at Miroku's house." Inuyasha watched her cross her arms and nod with a grin.

"I'm sure they'll still be here tomorrow," Kagome made her way over to the changing room and sighed once the dress was removed. It was beautfiul yes, but the corset hardly allowed her to breathe. [And to think this is just the beginning of my corset days]

Having lived all her life in the country, she'd been free from the dreaded contraptions until now. Looking down at the ring on her finger, she heard Inuyasha joking with the woman about his shy bride and smiled. [I wouldn't say I'm SO shy, I did go with him to that party after all]

When one of the young seamstresses came over with a simpler, yet still elegant day dress, Kagome gave a mental sigh but thanked her and allowed her to assist her in getting dressed. Once she was ready, with matching slippers and a hat, she stepped from the room and stopped to touch a fine silk left on a chair.

"That would be magnificent for a nightgown," a husky male voice whispered into her ear. Feeling his breath tickle her and send a shiver down her spine, Kagome turned with a saucy grin and raised an eyebrow.

"Perhaps I'll have it made into a chemise or a shift," Kagome turned and picked up a royal blue material, "What do you think?"

Inuyasha reached over her and picked up a different one, draping it over her shoulders, "I think I prefer you in red."

"The color of your ring," Kagome raised her hand and showed him.

"The color of a devil," Inuyasha grinned and took her wrist, turning it in his to kiss her palm instead of the back like most men would do.

Kagome sucked in a breath as his tongue lightly touched her skin before he lowered her hand and smiled at the shop owner coughing discreetly behind them. "I believe she's had enough for the day Madame, she'll be back tomorrow for her undergarments as promised."

"Very well your grace," showing them to the door, the woman smiled at the couple and wished them a good day.

"Where to now?" Kagome allowed Inuyasha to help her onto his brougham and smiled at a lady she'd met at one of the balls while she rode by.

"How about we stop somewhere for lunch?" Inuyasha took his seat beside her and guided the horses through the nearly empty London streets.

With the season over, there was no real worry that they might be seen without an escort in the city, they'd be married soon enough anyways. After a long day of shopping, Kagome was eager to go home and told him she'd rather go back to Miroku's for lunch. "Besides the fact that he has the most wonderful chef, and he's ever so fond of spoiling me, I think he made his famous blueberry tarts today."

"Back to Miroku's it is then," Guiding their horses easily, Inuyasha grinned and pointed out some of his favorite places, restaurants, stores, and houses of friends along the way.

Arriving at her cousin's home finally, Inuyasha helped her down and led her inside, nodding when she excused herself and headed upstairs to check on Shippo.

"You're lucky Sesshomaru was with me last week or you would have been in a lot of pain right now," Miroku joked from the door to his study.

"I doubt things would have gotten so bad," Inuyasha smirked and joined him as he walked back to his desk, "You would have calmed soon enough and I would have offered marriage anyways."

"Oh really? So you honestly decided to marry the girl before we walked in on you?" Miroku raised an eyebrow at that, "I doubt it."

"I knew what I was risking when I decided to spend the evening with her and I knew it would be worth it," Inuyasha took a seat on one of the chairs in front of the desk and crossed his arms comfortably.

Miroku nodded, "And out of curiosity, was it worth it? Kagome swears that you didn't take her virginity."

Inuyasha frowned in annoyance, "Not that its any interest of yours Miroku, but no, I didn't. I won't say any more than that and I'd thank you to keep your nose out of our business from now on."

"Our business? You certainly have come to terms with this marriage haven't you?" Miroku smirked.

"Of course I have, we both know I never wanted to marry again but this time I'm actually looking forward to it," Inuyasha sighed, "Kagome is nothing like Patrice, she's sweet and guiless, completely unlike the calculating wretch my last wife was."

"She's very naive and trusting," Miroku agreed, "She's gotten into a lot of trouble in her own ways because of that. She's got a sense of curiosity that often leads her into all sorts of silly messes but I'm sure that'll stop as soon as she's a happily married lady with a husband to listen to."

Inuyasha nodded, surprised when his friend became serious once again, "You will take good care of her, will you not Inu? I've told you before that this girl is like the sister I never had. She's dearer to me than anyone in the world, even than..."

"Of course I'll take good care of her Miroku, you make it seem as if you didn't know me," Inuyasha snapped, annoyed at his friend's doubts about him. "I know how much she means to you and I can see why you feel the need to ask, but if you really feel you have to then you obviously don't know or trust me at all."

"On the contrary, I trust you like I trust her, but I had to make sure," Miroku defended himself, "I've been taking care of that girl since before she was even born. Our mothers were identical twins and we grew up together. She's the one I went home to during our summers away from school, and she's the one who helped keep me it together when my mother died, just as I helped her when her father died as well."

Miroku stood and moved to look out the window to the small garden outside the house, "As for you, you've been my best friend since our first fight outside school when those kids were picking on you for your silver hair. We've been through a lot together over the years at the academy and later on at Eaton, so I must admit there's no one I'd rather see with the moppet, but like I said, I know you. You have the very devil of a temper, you're quick to judge and quick to lash out at anyone who might get too close or go against your wishes."

"And I know Kagome, she's been all smiles and sunshine lately but she's got a temper of her own. She's been raised differently than most of the young ladies we know, she's not the type to hold things back and keep quiet when she has a different opinion than you, but her bravado is only skin deep. She's also very insecure at times about certain topics and easily hurt. She's never lived in a society like London's, she's hardly used to people disliking her and snubbing her. She's from a small town where everyone knows everyone and gets along just fine."

"Geez that makes me sound so very dull," Kagome interrupted with a giggle. "Really Miroku, what's the point of telling him that? We'll get to know each other soon enough. And quit telling him things or he just might think twice about this marriage and break it off."

Rising from his seat, Inuyasha grinned and watched her skip over to his side with an equally cheerful smile. Raising onto her tiptoes, she gave him a kiss on the cheek before moving over to her cousin. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she shook her head at him and gave him a tight hug.

"Arigato Miroku-kun, aishiteru."

"Hai," When a knock came to the door, Miroku gave her a quick peck on the cheek before acknowledging the interruption. "Yes?"

It was a footman come to say that a messenger had just arrived to see him. Releasing Kagome, he gave Inuyasha a slight nod and exited the study to join his butler at the door. Kagome moved to Inuyasha's side again and saw him frowning a bit in confusion.

"We made up a language when we were little," she explained, "I could teach you if you'd like."

"What did you say to him?" Inuyasha wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close, unnerved by the jealousy that had run through him at the sight of her in Miroku's arms. [They're cousins for heaven's sake!]

"I said thank you," Kagome thought of her mother and sighed, "I just know mother's going to have a fit for not writing about you before this."

"Should we tell her how we got engaged?" Inuyasha smirked, watching her shake her head.

Lowering his head a bit, he offered in a soft whisper, "I'll keep mum if you tell me what else you told Miroku. You said something after you said thank you, unless your sentences were out of place in your language."

Kagome leaned in closer, stepping onto her tip toes and sliding her arms up to his neck, "I said, aishiteru."

"What's that?" Inuyasha asked, lips brushing against hers briefly.

"I'll tell you that one later," raising her head for a better kiss, Kagome completely forgot all about her mother and cousin when his mouth closed over hers.

It took a loud cough to finally break through the dizzying spell they'd fallen into, making them pull apart and a light blush to stain both their cheeks before they turned to a surprisingly grim Miroku standing at the doorway.

"What's the matter?" Inuyasha released Kagome and frowned when he came over and handed him a note.

Taking his cousin by the hand, Miroku looked down into her worried eyes and inwardly winced, "I'm afraid its not good news moppet."

Kagome instantly stiffened and clutched at his hand, "I-Is he..?"

"Not yet but he will be soon," Miroku watched tears well in her eyes and felt his throat constrict, "Your mother asks that we join her as soon as possible."

"I'll be ready to leave within the hour," Kagome assured him, turning to Inuyasha beside them. "Will you come?"

"Of course," he nodded, handing her the note from her mother, "But the question is what to do about Shippo."

"He'll have to come with us," Kagome shrugged, "Don't worry, I'll take care that he won't be bothersome, he's really very sweet and well educated you know. And he's got such a sweet smile, he's absolutely adorable!"

Seeing the sparkle in her eyes brought on by the boy made Inuyasha wonder just what they were going to do with him once they were wed. Would her mother really take in a child that was of no relation to her? Especially one so young, Shippo had confided to her that he had just barely turned five a few weeks earlier.

Kagome excused herself and hurried to gather her things, explaining to Shippo while she packed that they had to leave as soon as possible. The boy understood that the situation was quite seroius and was on his best behavior during the entire two day trip.

Stopping for the night at a small inn, Kagome had him dine with them during dinner and, despite Miroku and Inuyasha trying to pursuade her to leave Shippo in their care, had him sleep in her room with her.

"Are you very close to your grandfather?" Shippo asked once they lay in bed.

He lay in her arms, taking comfort in her soft embrace, thinking of the nights he'd spent with his parents back home and how his mother's arms had felt around him. Kagome was much younger than his mother, but she was so very good to him. He dearly hoped she and Inuyasha would keep him with them, although he knew that was unlikely. He'd been lucky enough that they hadn't sent him back to the orphanage yet. He had to behave very well and make sure not to displease them or they would send him away and he just knew it would hurt like the loss of his parents did.

"He was always very kind to me," Kagome tucked a bang from his eyes, bringing Shippo back from his thoughts. "He spoiled me endlessly to be honest, being his baby girl and all."

Shippo frowned, "I thought you had a brother?"

"Souta's not quite well," Kagome explained, saddening a bit at her mother's luck with the men in her life. "His birth was very difficult and I'm afraid he has a bad right foot because of it. Apparently he mid-wife who cared for my mother during the birth was careless and didn't set his leg correctly when she should have. He's never traveled without my mother and often it was just my father and I going to visit my grandfather."

"Where is your father?"

Kagome bit her lip, speaking in a small voice, "He died, years ago, when I was ten."

"I'm sorry," Shippo leaned his head closer and turned to give her a hug.

"Me too," Kissing his forehead, Kagome decided that was enough for one night and blew out the candle on the nightstand, smiling when the boy in her arms snuggled closer out of fear of the dark.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kagome!"

A boy about twelve years old, with black hair and eyes a startling blue, smiled brightly, relief evident in his features. Stepping forward to hug his older sister, he limped a bit, an action that did not go unnoticed by either Shippo nor Inuyasha.

Miroku was greeted with equal enthusiasm, but the boy stood back and looked up at Inuyasha for a moment before speaking in a more serious tone to the stranger he'd already heard of through his mother. "I take it you're the man who wants to wed my sister?"

Inuyasha nodded, extending his hand curteously to shake with the boy's, "I am Inuyasha Drake, sixth Duke of Wyvern."

"Where did you meet her?" Souta continued, apparently set on learning as much as possible about this stranger before giving his approval.

"Miroku introduced us," Inuyasha watched Shippo move past him and slip his hand into Kagome's, he looked infinitely small and frightened, which somehow bothered Inu for some reason.

Souta decided against asking for worthless little details and cut straight to the point as was his custom.

"Why do you want to marry her? She's not an heiress, she won't bring you money or power, you have both already. Are you toying with her?"

"Never," Inuyasha firmly stated, nonplussed by the boy's interrogation, "I want to marry her because she's grown on me you could say."

Looking up to her standing behind the boy, he smiled and looked down again, "You see I've never met a girl like Kagome before, she's funny, out-going, smart and rather pretty as well. Now I need a wife, I like your sister, she likes me, and we both agree we should be good together."

"Enough Souta," A lady's voice ordered from the top of the small staircase.

Looking up to the lady standing there, Inuyasha noted her slim figure, dressed in a slightly shabby looking black gown, her sleeves rolled up to her shoulders. Despite her being a bit sweaty, no doubt from watching over her sick father-in-law, the woman was quite lovely and he could vaguely see traces of her in Kagome.

They had the same lips he realized when she smiled, the same pouty pink lips, which they both bit when worried or nervous he realized soon after in the older gentleman's room. Souta and Shippo had been sent off to dine in the kitchen while Kagome and Miroku went to see how her grandfather was doing.

Deciding it would be a good time to get some rest, Kagome's mother, Aline, had Inuyasha escort her to the sitting room downstairs. "So you are the young man interested in my daughter are you?"

With a tired smile, she sat on a chaise beside the lit fireplace and patted the seat beside her, "Come and let me see you in the firelight, I'm afraid my vision is not quite up to par after being in that darkened room for so long."

"Of course," Taking the offered seat, Inuyasha allowed her to look her fill, smiling in relief when she patted his cheek and gave him a tender smile. "You poor dear, I do believe my Kagome will be good for you."

That made him start in surprise, "Excuse me?"

Aline waved casually, "I've heard of you, Inuyasha Drake, also known as the Devilish Duke and a regular rakehell. Your father was the Compte D'Angers and your mother met him in Italy."

"If my lineage bothers you..." Inuyasha stopped when she placed a hand on his lips and shook her head.

"I couldn't blame your mother, Tai was remarkably handsome," Aline sighed, "Indeed, we were all quite smitten, but he only had eyes for her. You're the very image of him you know."

Inuyasha's eyes widened, "You knew my parents?"

Aline smiled brightly, "Oh yes, your mother was a wonderful girl, we grew up together at St. Isobelle's Girl's academy. As a matter of fact, I was with her during that fated trip to Italy and I was there when she met your father. I even helped her sneak out to see him."

"You did?" Inuyasha gaped. "You helped with their fling?"

"Oh I could see this wasn't just a fling, your mother had it bad as did your father," Aline looked away towards the window and the darkening sky outside, "It was just so romantic and unfair that they had to meet after he'd been wed, but their love was too strong for that to stop them."

Looking to him again, she noticed the pain in his eyes and felt a bolt of tenderness sweep through her, slipping her arm around his shoulder. "I was also with your mother when she found out she was pregnant with you and I'll never forget the joyous expression on her face. She was so excited and she left immediately for France to see your father. We kept in touch for a time, but after I was wed we sort of drifted apart."

"I remember now, she mentioned her dear friend Aline," Inuyasha smiled, "This certainly is a small world, isn't it?"

"Yes it is, and now you're going to marry my daughter," Aline removed her arm from around him and grew serious again. "Kagome is rather naive about the world, but I'm sure Miroku must have told you all about her protected up-bringing. So tell me, how did you end up engaged? And I want the truth now."

"We met at a ball and fell in love," Inuyasha calmly replied.

To his surprise, Aline frowned and crossed her arms, leaning back against the rest with a raised eyebrow, "Miroku's message was brief and to the point. You ruined my daughter and had to get engaged. Now just what did she do to get herself into such a bind?"

"She didn't do anything," Inuyasha inwardly cursed her cousin.

"Well then I must assume you seduced her?" Aline giggled at his shocked expression.

Hesitating a moment but realizing she wouldn't let things go until she got the truth, Inuyasha knew when he was beaten and admitted defeat. "Miroku needed to go help a friend, I don't know who or with what. So he asked me to accept her as my guest while he was away and I did. We went to my house Muirwood manor on saturday morning but I had been invited previously to a party for that evening and still wished to attend."

"So I take it she went with you to this party?" Aline frowned, "Dear me, it wasn't a gentleman's gathering was it?"

Inuyasha blushed, "I'm afraid it was, we came home rather late and Miroku and my brother Sesshomaru found us in a compromising state the next day."

"Did you ravish her?" Aline immediately asked.

"NO!" Inuyasha quickly shook his head, "I swear to you on my mother's grave, something I would never swear on lightly, that Kagome is as whole as she was when we first met. I won't say untouched, I admit, we have touched, but we didn't..."

"Oh dear," Aline, for all her bravado, slumped in her seat in shock. "My Kagome in an orgy."

"She didn't participate there either!" Inuyasha rushed to assure her.

Aline nodded, standing slowly and stretching, "But that certainly explains things, and I can just see her tricking or making you take her to that party. Kagome's curiosity is just the devil of a burden sometimes. Well, I'll call for Patrick, he said he'd come as soon as possible."

"Whatever for?" Inuyasha followed her out into the entryway to the house, stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

"Nevermind that dear, why don't you go to Kagome? Her grandfather was very close to her and she'll need some comforting," Aline waved him off and turned to find the butler.

Making his way upstairs, Inuyasha saw it was a small house, with only four bedrooms on the second floor and was relieved to see Miroku coming out of one of them. Silently motioning him in, Miroku closed the door after Inuyasha had entered, leaving him with Kagome and her dying grandfather.

In the dim room, Inuyasha made out the figure of his fiancee, sitting beside the bed, head bent and hands clasping another in prayer. Moving to stand behind her, he looked over the gentleman on the bed. He looked very frail, thin with high, marked cheekbones and long black lashes. Kagome finished her prayers and lowered her grandfather's hand, leaning back against Inuyasha as he set his hands on her shoulders and gently massaged them.

They remained silent beside the old man when his eyes suddenly opened. Blinking sleepily, he smiled at his granddaughter and spoke, "You came."

"Of course I did, I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner," Kagome smiled and leaned forward to kiss her grandfather on the cheek.

"Who's he?" The old man asked, surprising Inuyasha with his directness.

Kagome's smile didn't falter as she turned and looked up to him, "I'm glad you asked grandpa, meeet Inuyasha Drake, sixth Duke of Wyvern and my fiancee."

"Its a pleasure to meet you," Inuyasha spoke softly.

The old man slowly nodded and closed his eyes, "Call for Patrick, he can kill two birds with one stone."

"He's already here," Aline entered the room, followed by a young priest, Miroku and the boys. "Are you two ready?"

"Ready?" Kagome gulped, blinking up at her mother's smile.

The priest nodded, "Of course, you were called here for the matrimony to take place as soon as possible. I had a boy keep a look out for your carriage and inform me of your arrival. I came as soon as I could."

"But we can't be married so soon, we jut got engaged!" Kagome stood from her seat and looked to Inuyasha, who looked equally shocked.

"You must," her grandfather ordered softly, his voice weaker than it had been, "Grant me this last wish and marry now Kagome, it broke my heart to lose my son years ago and I wish to leave you cared for."

"But I'm not helpless..." Kagome argued.

"Of course," Inuyasha cut her off and gave her waist a slight squeeze, "You may begin whenever you'd like father, the sooner the better of course."

Nodding quietly, the priest glanced about the room and focused on the gentleman on the bed for a second before he began. Souta and Shippo remained silent during the ceremony, as did everyone else. Kagome kept her eyes focused on her grandfather before her, seeing him smile weakly at her. Taking hold of his hand, Kagome felt Inuyasha slip his into her free one and gently graze her knuckles with his thumb while the priests' soft voice filled the room.

The ceremony itself was rather short, and to Kagome's dazed surprise, moments later they were married. [Lord how can this be possible? We were just engaged five days ago and now we're married?!]

"Thank you my boy, I trust you will take care of her," Kagome snapped from her thoughts at the raspy whisper coming from her grandfather. He was so weak, his voice such a stark contrast to that which she'd known for years.

"You have my word," Inuyasha agreed, taking her grandfathers hand from hers and giving it a small shake.

"Souta will be all right, he's got guts that boy does, but Kagome has always worried me." The old man sighed and smiled at the girl, "You take care brat and don't get into any more messes, understand? Now give me a hug little one."

"Of course grandpa," Kagome sat beside him on the bed and carefully lay her head down on his chest, closing her eyes sadly when his weak hand managed to lift to the back of her head and pat her hair.

"Just remember what I always told you 'Gome..." Closing his tired eyes, her grandfather fell into a deep sleep.

Exiting the room, they left the priest with him and silently made their way downstairs. They remained silent for a long time, Kagome leaning against Inuyasha, Shippo and Souta sitting across from them and Miroku and Aline each in a separate chair in front of the fireplace. Aline finally broke the silence, "I knew he was slipping away, he insisted you had to stay in London until the very last moment though, he didn't want you to see him in pain."

"He said you'd come with a young man and that your wedding would be the last memory he'd have," Souta frowned, "How do you think he knew?"

"Grandpa always did know things before the rest of us," Kagome whispered, "He said I could do it too if I paid enough attention to things."

"That's odd," Souta whispered, eyes lifting to the doorway when the priest entered.

His expression was somber and they instantly knew what he had to say. Rising from her seat, Aline thanked him quietly for being there and led him out to speak of funeral preparations and the like without the others overhearing.

Souta's shoulders slumped, a deep feeling of sadness filling him. In all honestly he'd hardly known his grandfather, both being too ill to travel most of the time, so he could not claim a great loss. The only regret he had was that he hadn't been able to have a deeper relationship with him. It seemed to be his curse, to never know either his father or his grandfather. Kagome had visited him even after their father's death thanks to Miroku and his mother offering to escort the girl on the trip.

A sniffle broke the silence in the room, followed by a small sob, and the men were brought from their thoughts to focus on the girl curling up on the sofa beside Inuyasha. Kagome struggled to hold in her tears, an intense wave of guilt flooding through her even as she was pulled into her husband's arms and cradled there.

Inuyasha whispered soft words of comfort to the girl he'd known barely a week and had just married moments before. She was his wife now and she was in a great deal of pain, her soft form shaking with the sobs wracking her body. Looking up to Miroku silently, he saw the man nod and gently guide the worried boys from the room. Shippo turned at the doorway with huge, saddened eyes and calmed a bit when Inuyasha met his gaze and gave him a re-assuring look.

Once the doors were closed, Inuyasha leaned back against the corner of the sofa and just held Kagome close, allowing her to cry out all her sorrow. "Its all right love, go ahead and weep if it'll help ease your pain."

"I should have been with him," Kagome whispered brokenly, "He was my grandfather and I should have been here with him instead of in London at balls and parties."

"Your mother explained Kagome, he didn't want you to see him suffer," Inuyasha rubbed a soothing hand down her back, "You said yourself that he knew things before anyone else did. He wanted you to be happy the last time he saw you, just like he wanted you to be happy once he was gone."

"How can I be happy now?" Kagome hiccuped and rested her head on his chest.

Seeing an opportunity to cheer her a bit, Inuyasha feigned to be hurt at her words, "Oh, so our wedding brought you no joy? You are not glad to finally be my Devilish Dutchess? Shall I take the words back and have the priest annul them?"

Kagome shook her head and giggled a little, "You know very well that's not what I meant, I still haven't quite processed that idea yet... I'm married..."

The awed surprise in her voice brought a chuckle to his lips, although he was equally stunned by how quickly their plans had been changed. "I'm afraid so love."

A small smile came to her lips and she raised her head to look at him, a hint of regret in her eyes, "We'll have to postpone that wedding trip of ours."

Miroku startled them from their plans as he and Aline knocked and entered the room, "Are you all right moppet?"

"As well as could be expected I suppose," Kagome shrugged, sitting up from her reclined position over Inuyasha with a slight blush, wiping the tears left on her lashes.

"We were just planning on postponing the honeymoon," Inuyasha explained, sitting up as well.

"Nonsense!" Aline frowned, "Whatever will you stay for? You're married now and I know my father-in-law well enough to know he wouldn't want you to stay and mourn him just because society deems it the right thing to do. I want you gone on your trip the day after tomorrow."

Kagome frowned, "But the funeral?"

"Will be tomorrow," Aline smiled, "Trust me dear, your grandfather would be happier this way."

"But it seems so cold," Kagome argued, looking up to Inuyasha for his opinion.

"Its up to you love, whatever you choose will be fine with me," he smiled and saw the uncertainty in her features. "The decision is yours."

Ignoring her cousin and mother in the room, Kagome gave him a light peck on the lips and smiled, whispering softly, "Thank you."

Closing her eyes for a moment, she thought back to the good times she'd had with her grandfather and her smile widened a bit more. [You would want me to go, wouldn't you grandpa?] Decision made, she surprised them by standing suddenly and offering to help with the preparations for the next day.

"The whole town will probably come and I don't want to leave you with any trouble afterwards Mama." Leading her mother out of the room, Kagome glanced back to see her husband and cousin smiling brightly at her choice.

[Yes, grandpa would want me to go, I just know he would]
------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
-
-

Ok, I've been struggling with this chapter - I'm horrible with writing weddings - But I'm already looking forward to the next ones which means they won't be so hard to write.

Let me know what you thought ok? I'm not entirely sure about this chapter for some reason, this is like the fourth version of it to be honest.

Thanks everyone for the great reviews.