InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bacchanalia ❯ Wedding Night Bliss? ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author's Notes: At least this update didn't take as long as the last one. Enjoy!

" " Speaking
[ ] Thoughts

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------

"Kagome, come on love, wake up."

The arm around her waist gently shook her from her sleep. Blinking in the darkness of the carriage, Kagome yawned and wiped her eyes before recognizing the voice and realizing where they were. Smiling at her husband of five days, she saw it was dark out and that the coach had stopped.

"We're finally here," Inuyasha gently released her waist and took her hand, stepping from the carriage, he helped her down and smiled at her surprised gasp.

His home usually had that affect on people, but the awe in her features brought a laugh from him that he would have held back with most visitors. Looking over the structure, he had to admit it did make for a nice view. Being a small country estate, Waverly had been his home with his mother after the death of his father and Sesshomaru's kicking them out of the house in tours.

"Its lovely!"

Kagome beamed and then stepped back when his dog came out to greet them. Standing tall and elegant as ever, the white pure breed Ibizan Hound came slowly and stopped in front of Kagome. After a moment of silent scrutiny, she sat back and raised a paw, looking up to Inuyasha when he laughed. "Kirara you brat! So you approve of my wife do you?"

Looking down at Kagome's confused expression, Inuyasha nudged her arm, "Take her hand your grace, she doesn't permit just anyone to touch her so consider yourself honored."

"Oh my," Kagome giggled but quickly donned a serious expression, "My lady, a pleasure."

Taking the dog's paw, she nodded once with a polite smile and watched the dog lower it and turn away, leading them into the house. Giggling again, she stopped when Kirara glanced back over her shoulder.

"She's very protective of me, only a select few can say they've been approved by her majesty," Inuyasha grinned and stopped at the doorway where his butler greeted them.

"I say 'tis an honor to have you and your lady home your grace." Bowing to his new mistress, the man straightened as Inuyasha introduced them.

"Kagome this is Delaney, he's been in my service since we moved here," Inuyasha grinned, "And don't be fooled by the welcome he just gave us, the man has the most appaling manners at times. He often has the gall to drink my best french wine and indulge himself by playing the sinful game of hazard."

Kagome gasped in feigned surprise, "No!"

Delaney sputtered, shook his head to regain his composure and shot Inuyasha a glare, "Its very bad of his grace to say such things to you, I assure you my lady, they are quite untrue."

To his surprise, Kagome sighed, "Well that's a shame, I do so enjoy a round of hazard every now and then, only if accompanied with a good wine of course."

Inuyasha laughed and watched Delaney's eyes widen in surprise, "Now you see why I married the wench? Had to save her from gambling debts you know."

"You did not!" Kagome smacked his arm, freezing at a feminine guffaw and a giggle that followed.

Looking past the waiter to the staircase inside, she blushed bright red at the sight of the maids there. Smiling with a small shrug, she stepped inside and was relieved to see that his staff seemed as close as her own back in Birkstead, more like a family than a staff really.

An older, thin woman in her late forties stepped up and introduced herself, "Your grace we're delighted to meet you so soon, I am Mrs. Harrow, the housekeeper. If there is anything you might need please let me know."

"Thank you, Inuyasha mentioned that you... are French?" Kagome asked, fascinated by the woman's rough, yet lilting voice.

"Oui, mon famille est de Carcassone," Emmanuelle nodded. "I married an English gentleman and moved to be near his family."

"Show off"

The muttered words did not go unnoticed, Kagome bit her lip to keep from laughing as the housekeeper turned and glared at another lady who seemed completely non-plussed by her expression. "The rest of the staff includes Janette, our cook, and the maids, Sarah, Genny, and Brit. We have two footmen, but they're brothers and unfortunately, they have been given the day off for their father's birthday."

"Oh that's most fortunate for them, how kind of you," Kagome smiled, focusing on one of the serving girls whose name had caught her attention. "Your name is Brit? What an interesting name."

"My father was real patriotic m'am, he insisted his child be named after this great land," the girl blushed, "If I'd 'a been a boy, I'd be mortified, but as 'tis I rather like it. My full name's Britany, but I prefer Brit."

"I like that too," Kagome agreed, focusing on the lady at the end of the row and coming forward to take her hand, "You're Janette? I'm so glad to meet you! I hope you'll be kind enough to make some apple tarts soon, Inuyasha's been boasting about them the whole trip and I'm just dying to try one. Apple tarts are a weakness of mine you see."

The robust woman blushed and gave a wide grin, shoulders rising proudly, "Well I did win first prize in the county fair, won every year for five years in a row with my secret recipe."

Her voice trailed off as she looked down with and mumbled, "Of course then that magpie Katie Lynden got jealous and complained to the judges, making a new rule that one could only win five times before they were unable to even enter the contest for another five."

"The witch!" Kagome frowned, the honest anger in her voice surprising them all, "You know, I had the same thing happen to me? I don't cook, but I DO have a talent for music and performing. I was the star of our parish's summer festival each year for six years until this brat, Miaka Livingston, finally complained enough that even I got tired of her and gave up my spot."

"Isn't it just dreadful?" Janette tsked and patted her hand consolingly.

Kagome sighed, "Yes it is, but I was cheered up soon afterwords, you see... well perhaps I shouldn't tell, it was dreadful of me at the time you know, but then what woman scorned takes it lightly?"

"Indeed!" Janetted agreed, so engrossed in the conversation that she hardly noticed the others listening in.

"I waited until christmas, and instead of just having a short play to re-enact the lord's birth, I convinced them to make it into a musical!" Kagome beamed, lowering her voice to explain, "No one knew Miaka had a hideous voice except for me, we shared a music teacher who would come and complain about needing the money from her lessons desperately enough to tolerate her screeching."

"So when the casting was done, everyone was allowed to audition and I got the lead again!" Kagome giggled, "Miaka was furious! You see, she'd always played jesus' mother Mary because of her brown hair and fair skin, but I acquired a wig, wore it to the audition and got the part!"

"Oh that's brilliant!" Janette beamed, frowning a moment later, "But how could I do that with a cooking contest?"

"Change recipes of course!" Kagome smiled, "Everyone knows your specialty is deserts but what other contest does Katie Lynden enter?"

"She's darn good with a stew," Janette mumbled.

Kagome nodded, "Then you'll just make a better stew than hers!"

"I don't see how," Janette's eyes widened, "Mine are good but they always lack... something."

After a thoughtful pause, Kagome snapped her fingers, "I'll send for Mackie, he's the most wonderful chef! If he can't tell you what's missing I'll swim naked in the lake."

"Your grace!"

"Oh my!"

Inuyasha laughed at his servant's stunned expressions, "Witnesses, plenty of witnesses my dear, I'll hold you to that promise."

"Your grace!" The women shot him scolding looks while Delaney frowned darkly.

To their continued surprise, Kagome laughed and tossed her hair over her shoulder, raising her hand to shake his. "A bet it is then, if Mackie can not tell what is missing from the stew, I will swim naked in the lake."

"And if he can?" Inuyasha raised a brow, delighted by this turn of events.

"If he can, then you swim naked in the lake," Kagome shrugged, "Its only fair after all, since you are the one insisting on holding me to my promise."

"No its not! We've all seen him naked! What would be the point in that?" The girl, Genny spoke up, slapping a hand to her mouth immediately afterwords. "Ohh... I jes lost me job didn't I?"

Raising her hand to her own lips, Kagome leaned forward and rested her forehead against Inuyasha's shoulder. To the servant's continued mortification, her small shoulders began shaking, soft, sob-like sounds coming from her.

"Oh don't do that m'am! I didn't mean nothin' by it! 'Tis just that his grace often swims naked in the lake and... well, a girl can't help but steal a glance!" Genny wailed, horrified that she'd made the new dutchess cry, even more so after realizing what she'd just admitted in front of the duke.

To everyone's surprise, Kagome lifted her head and gasped for breath just then, wiping tears from her eyes as she burst into another bout of laughter. Leaning against her husband, she stood gasping for breath a few more minutes before trying to explain herself.

"Oh forgive me, that's just the funniest... well, oh my, -giggle- I certainly don't blame you for stealing a peek! Goodness knows we all do it sometime or another," Kagome wiped the last of her tears from her eyes, smiling to see Janette had joined her and the other girl Sarah was obviously biting back her own giggles.

"What should he do then?"

"He should... go into town and buy a loaf of bread." Genny smiled and winked at Sarah.

"That sounds reasonable," Inuyasha nodded.

"Dressed as a woman"

That froze him, Kagome too, until she pictured him wearing one of the fancy gowns he'd bought her and burst into laughter again. This time all three of the young maids were biting back laughter, as well as the rest of the staff, including the ever-reliable Delaney.

Raising an eyebrow at his wife in mock annoyance, Inuyasha lifted his chin, "Just what do you find so amusing about that? I'm certain I wouldn't be the most hideous woman ever, but it wouldn't be fair to make me go out in public when you would be swimming in our private lake."

Kagome calmed, "That's true, you can wear it to dine with me then."

"Here at the house?" Inuyasha insisted

"We'll keep you limited to the house," Kagome agreed.

To the servants' glee, Inuyasha took hold of her hand and lifted it to his lips, bowing over it even while he gave it a light shake and closed the deal. "Will Mr. Mackie be able to come soon? The county fair is two weeks away."

"It only takes two days to go to London, he should be here in four if your messenger leaves tomorrow," Kagome reminded him, "He'll have plenty of time."

Noting the excitement in the girls' eyes, Mrs Harrow cleared her throat and became the serious housekeeper once more. "Your grace must be tired from your journey, would you care to freshen up?"

"Yes," Kagome smiled brightly, "I must look a fright after two days of traveling in that coach."

"You don't look the least bit frightful," Inuyasha released her hand, "But go get cleaned up. Janette, if you could whip up some refreshments we'd appreciate it."

"Of course, I've got it all ready," Janette turned to hurry into the kitchen.

Kagome stopped at the bottom of the staircase and called out to her, "If you have any biscuits available we'd appreciate them."

"Biscuits? I made a batch yesterday," Janette nodded, looking up with a suspicious look in her eyes for a second before excusing herself and heading to the kitchen again.

The maids disappeared as well, Kagome followed Mrs. Harrow upstairs, and Inuyasha followed Delaney into his study where they went over the happenings in the area since his last visit. It seemed there was a new neighbor whose property bordered the north side of the estate.

"The Derry land? James Derry sold?" Inuyasha asked in surprise, "I thought the land had gone to some far off cousin, Derry hadn't been there in years."

"He came about four months ago to close the sale," Delaney assured him, "Looked quite worn out to be honest, like a burden was lifted from his shoulders."

"Don't see why, its one of the more prosperous estates in the county," Inuyasha shrugged it off, "What of the new owner?"

"His identity is still unknown, apparently some rich foreigner," Delaney shook his head a bit, "Shady dealings there your grace, if you ask me, otherwise why not go out to meet your new neighbors and pay the expected calls? The man's been living there for nearly five months and not a word. No one ever sees the him, not even those of his staff, except for the butler and his valet."

"Now that's strange," Inuyasha frowned, "What else?"

"Nothing much, like I said, no one knows anything," Delaney sighed, "Strange customs perhaps."

"Perhaps," Inuyasha nodded, eyes lifting when there was a knock at the door.

Mrs. Harrow entered and let him know that his wife waited in the drawing room with the refreshments. Thanking her, Inuyasha handed the mail he'd been sorting through to Delaney and made his way over to the door.

"Your grace?" Delaney called out, making him turn back suddenly.

"Yes?"

Delaney, his trusted butler and long-time friend smiled, speaking earnestly, "May I congratulate you on your recent marriage? She's a delightful young lady, I do wish you all the best."

Smiling back with a slight nod, Inuyasha thanked him before leaving. Opening the door to the drawing room, he stepped inside and closed the door, realizing his presence had yet to be noticed. Seated on a loveseat near the fire, Kagome poured some tea, stopped, and stared blankly into her cup. The curtain had been drawn and not all the lights in the room had been lit, leaving a dim, romantic atmosphere with a few sparse candles and the warm glow from the fireplace.

To his dismay, her chin trembled in a way that was becoming quite familiar, and a lone tear slipped from her eye. Moving to her side, Inuyasha wiped the tear from her cheek, surprising her from her musings.

"Still mourning?"

Kagome sniffled, "I'm sorry, I just saw that rug and wondered if it smelled like linseed, remembering the time I dropped Grandpa's linseed oil on his carpet and..."

"No more love" Taking the tea cup and saucer, he left them on the table and scooped her up into his arms, lying back on the sofa with her body draped over his.

Her head settled on his chest with a soft sigh, "I'm sorry for being such a ninny, I missed you today."

Inuyasha chuckled, "Missed me? I was right there alongside the carriage."

Kagome nodded, one finger playing along the edge of his coat buttons, "But am I alongside the carriage? No, I was cooped up all alone while you got to enjoy the scenery and get a good dose of fresh air."

"Do you feel the need for some fresh air?" Inuyasha glanced at the clock over the mantel, "Its past eight but the moon's high enough for us to go for a walk if you'd like."

"Can we?" Kagome lifted her head to look him in the eye, "Really?"

"If you want to," Inuyasha sat them up and stood. Grabbing a few of the biscuits and rolls, he offered his arm and escorted her outside.

Delaney looked up from his place beside the door and frowned, "Is anything the matter?"

"We're going for a quick stroll," Inuyasha thanked him as he handed over Kagome's cloak and helped her put it on. "Seems my wife can't wait to see this lake she'll be swimming in soon."

Kagome glared and poked him in the rib.

Delaney shook his head, "Another fib your grace, and not a very gracious one towards your new wife."

"I see you've already acquired at least one protector here," Inuyasha teased, "Likely the whole staff would skin me alive if I were to even think of something that might bring a frown to your pretty face."

That made Kagome laugh, "They are loyal to you first of all."

"Oh I wouldn't be too sure about that," Delaney handed Inuyasha his own coat, "Janette is a firm believer in the need for women to stick together against the injustices of this male-dominated world... or so she calls it."

"She's right," Kagome agreed, "It IS a male-dominated world and we girls must stick together when necessary, but really, Inuyasha was only teasing about loyalties and the lake. To be honest, I was cooped up in that carriage for so long I feel I must have some fresh air. You know, the man keeps a grueling pace when he has a mind for it, we hardly spent half an hour at an inn for lunch today, with one other stop."

"Now you're making me sound like a slave driver," Inuyasha grumbled, "I would have given you as much time as you needed for lunch if you'd asked for it."

"Well thank you," Kagome took his arm, "I just might next time."

Going down the front steps, Inuyasha led her off to the right, strolling at a leisurely pace along the side of the house. They snacked on the biscuits and rolls that he'd brought while he explained the layout of the house. On this side they would eventually make it to the lake. Stoping when they reached the back of the building, Kagome took in the view and smiled.

All around the house, flowers of all types were planted in small gardens, one large rose collection, started by Inuyasha's mother years ago, running along the other side of the house. Before them stood acres of beautiful green fields, trees, and past the lake, shimmering a good 600 yards away, was a beautiful forest.

"How much land do you have here?" She asked quietly, following him along the path to the water.

"Oh, about 500 acres," Inuyasha heard her sharp intake of breath and grinned. "I did say this was the SMALL estate after all."

"My..." Kagome looked around in shock.

"Well its not all surrounding the house, only an approximate 150 acres are here, but in the whole of the county I own a substantial amount of land." Inuyasha shrugged, "But please, lets not get into those matters, I'm expected to look into the affairs of my tennants while I'm here but I don't plan on doing so for a week at least, possibly two."

"Oh? But why? What if they need something urgently?" Kagome frowned a little in concern.

"If they did, I would be informed immediately and just as quickly I'd make sure the problem was taken care of." Inuyasha moved the branches of a large weeping willow out of the way, gently nudging her ahead of him.

Allowing herself to be guided, Kagome was surprised to hear him removing his cloak behind her and stopped when he told her to. Moving branches out of the way as she turned, she gave a small squeak when she was suddenly tugged down onto his lap. Resting with his back against the tree trunk, Inuyasha sat on the cloak and had pulled her across his legs since the space was limited.

Melting against his chest, she smiled when his arms slid around her, holding her close. His lips rested at her temple and Inuyasha placed a kiss there, whispering quietly. "This was my favorite place as a child, it's my own safe haven."

"I can see why," Kagome realized the branches stopped not far from his feet, and fell low enough to cover them from view. If one did not know of this small nitch, they could easily pass it by every day and not see it. "How did you discover this?"

"How do most little boys discover things?"

"Some mischief then," Kagome tugged her cloak open, overly warm with his body heat and the material.

Helping her remove it, Inuyasha dropped it beside him and was pleasantly surprised when she turned in his lap and slipped her arms around his shoulders, her head dropping to rest in the crook of his neck. They hadn't yet shared a bed since they'd married, spending most of their time traveling. From the funeral to London, and then from London to the estate. Nudging her head up, Inuyasha would have smiled when she lifted it and scooted closer, had she not pressed a warm kiss to his lips.

Pulling her tighter into his arms, Inuyasha allowed her to set the pace and mood. She broke it off soon and to his surprise, apologized. "I'm sorry, I just feel like I'm no good at this, I've forgotten how I suppose."

"Don't worry," Inuyasha grinned, lowering his head again, "I remember well enough."

Kagome would have made a comment on how certain she was about that, but his lips covered hers and all rational thought flew from her mind. She'd thought on the night of the bacchanalia that she'd learned all the different types of kissing there were, but she was obviously wrong.

He started gently enough, then surprised her by taking her lower lip between his teeth. It wasn't a bite exactly, but he nibbled and tugged on it in a way that sent shocks through her body. With a soft moan, Kagome opened wide, shivering when he followed suit and deepened the kiss. His tongue slipped between her lips and a fire spread through her, sizzling her nerves, melting her against him.

Her body was soft and yielding, a complete opposite to the hard sinews of his own, and Inuyasha found himself pulling her closer, needing more, moving around until she lay on her back before him. He continued kissing her, the ache in his loins growing steadier with each touch of her tongue, each little sound of feminine delight. His fingers fumbled on her dress, and he found himself nearly weeping in relief when he discovered she wore no corset beneath, simply a sheer chemise which laced down the front like the gown.

Lowering his head and placing kisses along her neck and shoulders, he tugged at the ribbon on the chemise but it refused to budge, with his patience at an all time low, he cursed inwardly and ripped it open. Kagome gasped at the fierce movement and the sound of tearing cloth, but her body was flooded with heat and she made no protest. Staring down at her unbound chest, he lowered his head and nuzzled her breasts.

Trembling in response to his caresses, Kagome's hands lifted his head as she whispered his name. "Inuyasha?"

He moaned, looked down into her glazed eyes and actually shuddered. Lowering his head, he kissed her again, nearly devouring her lips beneath his, astonished by his lack of control and growing less so by the minute. There was just so much, the memories, her cries as her body fell into heaven, wrapped tightly in his arms, his hands soothing her shudders and twitches after each climax. The joy she'd taken in bringing him pleasure, those silky hands exploring, teasing, learning his body as well as he'd learned hers.

He tried, really he did, to bring some control back into place. Letting go of her lips, he raised himself off her and noticed absently that his coat had been removed, with his cravat as well. Kagome smiled up at him, those lips of hers swollen and slightly bruised from his kissing. His shirt was open also, his chest now partially bared and touching hers. That alone was enough to bring him back over her, the touch of her, the scent, the sound of her heavy breathing, soon had him near the brink of insanity.

Hands sliding down from where they'd moved to cup her breasts again, he yanked up her muslin skirts and placed himself between them. Briefly, he thought about it and knew he was being a brutish clod, that if Miroku knew about his behavior this night he would kill him, but he couldn't stop. Too long he'd wanted her, a whole two weeks since had passed since they'd been engaged, since he'd had her in his arms.

He doubted if he'd be able to stop even if buckets of ice water from the lake were poured over him right then and there, he simply couldn't stop now.

Sliding his hands up along her legs and thighs, he reached the end of her stockings, felt her garters, and sucked in a breath when he reached upwards and realized she wore nothing else beneath the dress. He froze in shock. Never in his wildest dreams had he thought a woman could be so deliciously bold.

Even Kikyo had worn pantalettes, light muslin ones that tied with ribbons at her knees. He'd enjoyed untying those ribbons with his teeth every so often, but that had been before, with his mistress. Now, here he was, lying with his wife for the first time, out in the yard, specks of moonlight falling down on them through the branches of the tree, and she was bare underneath her dress.

His body trembled.

Just as long as he didn't swoon...

"You're not wearing drawers" He choked out, his amazement obvious in his voice.

"No"

Kagome felt him shudder again and opened her mouth to explain, but again, he cut her off.

The kiss was hot, fierce, laced with a primitive need that had her nearly fainting from the excitement. Her hips undulated beneath his and that was the end of him. Raising up a bit, he struggled to undo his breeches, and finally managed to open them enough to release himself. He was being selfish, a real bastard, but he couldn't help it. He entered her as far as he could in one smooth motion, feeling her tense beneath him.

Opening his eyes, he looked down into hers and saw the tears in them, "Oh God Kagome, forgive me... heaven help me but I can't stop."

Lowering his head for a kiss, he whispered against her lips, "You're mine now Kagome, all mine."

She was so tight, warm, and when something moved, he groaned out a soft, 'Forgive me' and surged all the way in until he touched her womb. She yelped in pain, tightened her hold around him, and he saw the tears on her cheeks but found himself unable to do anything. She whimpered, gripped the back of his shirt, and it was all over for him. Throwing his head back, he shouted to the high heavens and remained frozen there for a moment, staring down into her eyes, then his body slumped, fell heavily atop her, and stayed.

He was dead.

The woman had killed him - with sex.

A virgin had killed him with sex.

He had to be dead, or at least very nearly gone, certainly close enough to cause worry.

But who had the energy to worry?

He no longer felt that maddening lust, surely that was a good thing, for the moment the world was at peace. He was whole, completely fulfilled... and dead tired.

Beneath him, Kagome's chest moved against his with her breathing, he managed to turn his head and kiss her cheek. He tasted the tears on his lips, briefly pondered them, kissed her again, and fell asleep, his head resting beside hers, dead weight still crushing her down into his cloak.

Kagome stared up through the branches at the sky above. She could catch a mere glimpse of the moon, and she wondered about what had just happened. Was that really it? After all the pleasure they'd shared before, without completing the act, was the man the only one supposed to enjoy it?

No, Inuyasha had said it could be very pleasurable for both, and she'd been enjoying everything until the end. Maybe he'd done something wrong? That would explain his apologizing. Yes, that must have been it, something must have gone wrong. Perhaps she shouldn't have listened in on those women at the dressmakers?

He gave a soft snore.

He was sleeping?

Kagome turned her head and smiled, he looked sweet when he slept, young and innocent. He must have been tired from the trip, he'd been riding beside the carriage for days after all. She wiggled a bit, biting her lip against a wince. He was still inside her, not quite so much anymore, but she was sore, and it felt like he'd broken something.

He probably had.

But it was nice to have him so close again, she'd missed him since the night of the party. He was heavy, big, solid, and it felt wonderful to hold him. Wiping the itchy tears from her cheeks, she felt a breeze and realized their current state of half-undress. Glancing about, she noticed her cloak nearby and was relieved when her fingers were able to reach it. Struggling beneath his weight, she managed somehow to spread the cloak over his back, effectively covering them both, before kissing his cheek and joining him in sleep, his breath warm and sweet in her ear.

----------------------------------------

-

-

He botched it! Can you believe the baka?

See what happens when you make a man wait too long? LOL - Just kidding. I thought it might be a bit more interesting to not have their first night be the perfect joining that everyone would expect. What'd you think?

Thanks again for all the reviews! Don't forget to let me know what you thought of this chapter!