InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bacchanalia ❯ Of fights and frights ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author's Notes: The underwear question is finally answered, I had a few people asking about them since their first night together.


" ____ " Speaking
[ ____ ] Thoughts

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

"My what?!"

Kagome gulped, biting her lip under his intense gaze. She should have known better than to listen to the other woman, this is what she got for eavesdropping. Not that it could really have been called eavesdropping since the woman spoke loud enough for half the block to hear, but still.

"Last night under the willow I was completely undone in by your lack of pantalettes and I refuse to fall to pieces like that now. You will explain where your underwear is and why have not been wearing it as you should." Inuyasha leaned back a bit and waited for her to explain.

"It's all Lady Malbrook's fault!" Kagome explained, "You know her I'm sure, the woman is notorious for her boisterous ways and outlandish behavior. She's been married three times you know, lost each husband to either a war or a duel."

Inuyasha rolled his eyes, "Yes I know her, but what could she possibly have to do with your lack of pantalettes?"

"She was at Madame's dress shop the last time we went, remember how you went with Miroku to another store while I finished with my purchases" Kagome shrugged, "I was changing in one of the curtained rooms when I overheard the woman. She was with her sister and her niece, Clara, who's about to be married to some foreigner. Besides that however, Lady Malbrook was giving her niece certain tips about married life and that was one of them."

"She told her not to wear pantalettes?" Inuyasha asked, shocked by the woman's audacity.

Kagome nodded, "For the first month and a half or so, she told Clara not to wear any under things at all. Said it would drive her man wild if he knew she was naked beneath her pretty dresses. After that, for the next sixth months she was to do it only randomly because the uncertainty of whether or not she's wearing any that is also quite exciting for men."

Inuyasha actually shuddered at that, "Was that all she said? What about after the six months?"

"Then Clara was to leave them off only as a reward or when she needed some attention," Kagome shrugged, "I know I shouldn't have listened in, but you've heard the woman speak, she always shouts, and she has been married so many times. They say she's had her number of lovers as well so she must have known what she was saying. Do you think she was right Inuyasha? Should I stick to her advice or start wearing..."

Whatever she had to say beyond that was cut off by his hungry kiss, hands coming up to finish off the buttons of her shirt. It came off to reveal a lacy cream-colored article that was supposed to have been a chemise, but couldn't be because it hardly covered anything yet left nothing bare. The lace clung to her body, holding up her breasts with a pair of thin wires beneath them. It was finely made piece that had obviously been expensive. The thing screamed out in Madame DeLoncre's signature style.

Breath catching in his throat, he forgot all about her missing pantalettes, his mind focusing on one thing only, a pink bud straining against the creamy fabric. Shuddering again, his hands were around her back in a flash, crushing her against him as he sought out her lips once more.

Inordinately pleased by his reaction, Kagome wrapped her arms around his neck and eagerly kissed him just as fiercely, whimpering when he pulled back and trailed his lips down along her neck. Her own hands were busy at the buttons of his shirt, smiling when he urged her up for a moment, long enough to tug the garment from his breeches and yank it off over his head. He lay down again and pulled her up over his body, his mouth savoring her through the thin fabric.

Crying out at his boldness, Kagome soon found herself swept away yet again by the man's passion. Discarding her skirt and petticoats, his boots made it difficult for his breeches to be removed without separating. Not wanting to do so even for a moment, Inuyasha eluded the problem easily enough, rolling them over then kneeling, pulling her body up against his.

Wearing nothing but the teasing lacy chemise, she straddled his legs, held tightly to his neck and moaned when his hands lifted her by her bottom and brought her down over him. Never had she imagined such a position, the two of them kneeling while intimately joined. As his body began moving in a now-familiar rhythm, she forgot all about the shock of their posture and was soon lost to the world, her only reality becoming once again the man holding her close and moaning her name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

Back in London:

"The idiot is working too slowly, he cannot seem to find anything," Naraku sighed, crumpling the message in his hand and tossing it into the fire.

Feeling gentle hands pull his head back, he relaxed in his seat while Kikyo massaged his temples. "Will you have to go?"

"I'm thinking that yes, if I want this found," Naraku shrugged, taking one of her hands and placing a small bite on her wrist. "I should have known the bumbling fool couldn't get it right."

"When will you go?" Kikyo sighed, already planning who to take up with while he was gone. Naraku was a rich man but he would not be paying while he was away, it wasn't his custom. She'd taken on Inuyasha during one of his longer absences and the fool had thought she would be exclusively his even after Naraku returned. Oh, but the older man was so much more ruthless than Inuyasha, so wonderfully cruel in bed, she couldn't go without him for long and they both knew it.

[That sop Kouga has been paying me a certain attention recently, didn't I hear he had a falling out with Kanna?]

"And to make matters worse, Inuyasha and his new wife are at Waverly, which means of course, that I'll have to keep a low profile, probably leave said that I'll be at my cabin up north fishing." Naraku shrugged, "I can't imagine the man getting married, she must be quite the looker or have quite the dowry. I'm guessing the first."

"Hmph, she won't hold his attention long," Kikyo came around the chair and dropped down onto the bed, "Lets forget about him though, I'm sure you'll be able to keep him from knowing you're there easily enough. He will be on his honeymoon after all, what man is out of bed then?"

"True," Naraku smirked, eyeing her lithe form stretching across the matress languidly. She was the picture of perfection, long black hair, curvaceous figure, smooth belly and long white legs. He felt himself growing harder again and smirked, standing and leaving his robe on the chair. Moving over to her side, he saw her siren's smile and returned it with a dark grin of his own.

Ah, Kikyo, if she only knew he was thinking of another woman lying beneath him.

A woman in a wine colored dress that tasted like all that was sweet and good and innocent in the world. A woman he wanted to have and hold and hurt. Yes, her innocence made her all the more appealing, innocents were fun. They were fragile, and sweet - breakable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

"Hello missy, what brings about this strange invitation?"

A large man, taller than Inuyasha, stood in the doorway, bag in hand, looking rather dashing with his wind-blown hair and bright eyes. After close scrutiny, Inuyasha decided he liked this Mackie, even if the man did speak a bit bluntly, he seemed a good fellow.

Kagome was beaming, thanking him for coming, asking one of the footmen to take the man's items to his room and inviting him in for some tea. He accepted readily enough, took a seat in a wing chair and relaxed his feet before him like he was the lord and master of the place.

"Try the apple tarts, they're delicious!" Kagome handed him one and saw him take a bite, chewing a moment and nodding.

"Yes, the drop of honey is just the thing to give it a special, shall we say, oomph?" Mackie grinned took another bite and turned to the doorway when a woman gasped.

"How did you know it was honey? There have been people trying to figure out what the secret in the recipe is for years!" Janette huffed, obviously insulted that he'd uncovered her secret so easily.

"I believe you might have put a tad much into the mix," Mackie smiled, "If you'd like, I could show you how much to put so its still equally tasty but with less honey."

"I'll have you know my tarts are just fine, what we want to know is how good are your stews sir?" Janette held her hands on her hips, a large spoon in hand.

Mackie's eyes widened and he looked at Kagome, "Did you fail to mention I'm be best chef this side of the continent? Why, I've had offers from his majesty himself, for a position as royal chef."

Janette's eyes sparkled, "You don't say! Then what are you doing here?!"

"I wouldn't leave the Higurashi's for all the world!" Mackie answered honestly, "The late Mr. Higurashi saved my life you know, a wonderful man he was. Passed on that goodness to his son and daughter of course."

Kagome laughed, "Mackie's been watching over me since I can remember."

"Why, I was there the very day you came into this world, I can recall how terrified I was," Mackie shook his head, "After all, what does a man of twenty three years know of childbirth? Besides the need for brandy and doctors fo course. But no, you simply could not wait for a physician, you made your way out within the hour and a week early to boot."

"I always have been a bit impatient," Kagome agreed, "But within an hour? Are you sure you're not exaggerating? I've always thought you were."

"I would never!" Mackie actually looked affronted, "You took an approximate forty five minutes to be born, the doctor was an hour and a half away. The man wanted to weep at the thought that he'd missed such a marvel, you know the record for the fastest birth is set at an hour and three minutes. Had he been there to tell exactly how long you took he would have written to the medical journals for sure."

"Well my goodness, none of us has been with his grace quite so long, Delaney, Guy, Harrow and I have been with him the longest," Janette informed him, "Delaney and I came first."

"You most certainly did not Janette," Mrs. Harrow entered the room then, stopping short when she realized the duke and duchess were inside. "We were all hired at the same time."

Mackie sighed and stood, rubbing his tired eyes. "Well interesting as this has been, you'll have to excuse me, but I am afraid I'm in need of a quick wash. The trip was a bit long and the ride was quite refreshing, but as you can imagine, rather tiring."

Kagome stood also, Mrs. Harrow nodding and giving Janette a small nod towards the kitchen, "If you'll follow me Mr. Mackie, I'll show you to your chamber."

Mackie laughed, eyes twinkling as he joked with Kagome, "A chamber all for me?"

"Don't be silly Mackie," Kagome scoffed, "That's what we call the stalls out in the stables so they don't sound quite so horrifying. Wouldn't want you to know about the rats in there before you're settled."

Mrs. Harrow gasped, Delaney, having heard from his place at the door, widened his eyes in shock. When Inuyasha would have spoken up, Mackie let out a hoot of laughter, cuffed her in the chin and motioned for the housekeeper to lead the way. Kagome was laughing as well, a bright smile on her features while she watched the man head upstairs.

Turning to the others surprised looks, she shrugged and explained, "Mackie's family! He's saved my hide more times than it should have been in trouble."

"Really? I'd love to hear of these life-threatening experiences you've had," Inuyasha tugged her back into the room, smiling his thanks to Janette who promptly left them to check on the dinner.

"I was working on my balance once and nearly broke my neck," Kagome sighed, "But then again, I was standing on top of the fence separating our land from our neighbor's."

Inuyasha gawked, "You climbed the fence? How tall was it and how old were you?"

Kagome tried to think back, "The thing is pretty high actually, reaches to my shoulders now, but on the neighbor's side there's a steep incline, that's why its the boundary I think. I was around ten when I tried it and I was about to fall over when Mackie reached out and pulled me back."

Imagining a smaller version of her standing atop a fence, her husband shook his head at her with a slight frown. She ignored it and reached for another of the tarts she'd become addicted to, "There was also the time I was skating on a frozen lake with Miroku, we'd snuck away because his father wouldn't let us go and then started doing tricks on the ice."

"Don't tell me you fell into thin ice," Inuyasha slumped into his seat.

"Not really, more like I got pushed into it," Kagome frowned, chewing a bite of the tart while she remembered, "It was old man Nelson's lake, and since he was too old to come all the way out to scare us kids, there were a lot of us."

"Miroku and I met up with a boy Travis and his sister Hanna there, and being rivals since we could remember, we set up a tag-team race. The boys went first and Miroku was winning by a little. He skated to the other side of the lake and back, tagging me quickly and I remember I sped off and Hanna was soon coming close. When I reached the place where we were supposed to turn back, I heard Miroku scream something to me but I was focused on getting back as soon as possible."

"And?"

"Mid-turn I crashed into Hanna, and being larger than I was, she easily pushed me away, making me land on my back pretty hard." Kagome bit her lip, touching the back of her head absently, "I hit my head on a chunk of ice and barely heard the cracking sound before the water was dragging me down."

Shaking his head at the stupid girl Hanna, Inuyasha came over and pulled her onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist while she finished off her tart. "What happened then?"

"I don't remember," Kagome admitted, "I woke up three days later with a headache and Miroku sleeping beside me."

"He explained that Mackie had guessed that we'd get out of the house and waited at the lake for us, watching while we had our fun, rushing in when I went under." Kagome leaned against him, head resting on his shoulder, "I never did tell you that did I?"

"That you'd nearly died twice? No, I think I would have remembered that fact," Inuyasha quipped.

Kagome sighed, "Twice? Actually, I meant to say that I seem to be a magnet for trouble sometimes, not for at least three years mind you, but I was pretty wild as a kid."

"Why am I not surprised?" Inuyasha laughed, giving a small 'oof' for her benefit when she elbowed him in the stomach.

"You also failed to tell me you'd be an abusive wife."

"I thought it best to surprise you with that," Kagome grinned.

"What a lovely surprise"

"I thought you might like it"

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

Two weeks later:

"Did you see the look on the woman's face?!"

Janette was absolutely ecstatic, thanking Mackie profusely for his tutoring and aid in helping beat Katie Lynden in the county fair.

The day had been good for everyone, Inuyasha had closed up the house and given all the servants the day off. Mackie had gone with Janette to see to the contest, Inuyasha and Kagome following along. They were dressed in their finest clothes, since this was going to be their first opportunity for people in the community to get to meet his wife.

Kagome saw surprise in the features of many of the people she'd met during the season in London just over a month before. Her husband was asked to deliver the prizes and he did, with her help. He read out the names and she handed over the ribbons to all the winners, one young man blushed a bright red as she handed him his prize. When one of his friends called out for him to recieve a kiss, the young man's cheeks burned brighter and many in the crowd laughed. Shaking her head at the boy's friend, Kagome stepped up to the winner, cupped his face in one hand and gave him a peck on the cheek.

The crowd loved it, Inuyasha gave her a mischievous wink, and the boy strolled proudly to his shocked pals.
It was no surprise that they were soon being invited over to many of their neighbor's homes. With her friendly attitude and yet obviously good upbringing, most of the people readily accepted the girl, hoping she would keep the young duke in his home for some time.

Towards the end of the day, they arrived home in high spirits to be surprised by a messenger waiting at the door. The young man bowed and handed Inuyasha a letter, explaining that a reply was needed immediately.

"Who's it from?"

Inuyasha broke the seal and began unfolding the letter while they stepped into the sitting room. Seeing Kagome's worried expression, he forced a smile onto his features and pecked her on the cheek. "Love, would you mind fetching the young man something to drink? I wouldn't ask if there were someone else here but the house is empty and he must be tired from the journey."

"Of course," Still bothered by the frown that had come to his features, she excused herself from them and hurried to the kitchens.

"I suppose its from Jameson?" Inuyasha asked quietly once she was gone.

The man nodded, keeping an ear out for his wife while Inuyasha read the missive. Taking a moment to re-read it, he cursed then crumpled up the parchment. Kagome approached then, the messenger taking it back and stuffing it into his pocket before she arrived. She entered the room holding a cool glass of cider.

"It's all I could find that wasn't warm or plain," she handed it over and smiled at his thanks.

Looking to her husband for an explanation, she found her worries doubling at the torn expression he wore. He quietly asked the messenger for a moment alone and waited for the door to close behind him before speaking.

"The message is from my estate manager in Yorkshire, there have been some problems with the tennants there and he feels it important that I come as soon as possible." Inuyasha sighed and tugged her into his arms, holding her close while pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Kagome nodded, "Will you write back and tell them we'll go soon?"

"No," hating the idea of having to leave her so soon, he shook his head and rested his chin on her hair, delighting in her scent. "I'll have to leave as soon as possible, meaning tonight."

"You're leaving? Without me and tonight?" Kagome pulled back a little to look him in the eye, "Why can't I come with you? What's the matter? Won't they find it odd that you left your wife behind? We're supposed to be on our honeymoon. "

"I know and I'm sorry to leave you but it'd be better if I went on my own, this shouldn't take more than two weeks, I promise," Inuyasha felt her stiffen and step away.

"Two weeks?" Kagome raised her hands to her hips, "You're leaving me for two weeks? When we've only spent two weeks together?!"

"Love this is important business, if I don't go there will be serious problems and they don't just affect me, they affect all the people living there as well." Inuyasha reached out and took hold of her shoulders, "I didn't plan on this and wouldn't do it if it weren't absolutely necessary love, I need you to understand and not be angry."

"But I don't understand, you won't tell me what the problem is, won't take me with you, and yet you don't want me to be angry? Inuyasha I'm your wife! We're supposed to share our problems, not deal with them on our own! I want to help you with this!" Kagome felt tears of anger sting in her eyes and fought them back.

Inuyasha saw them and felt even guiltier for having to go, but it wasn't an option for him to stay and he couldn't tell her why. Tugging her forward again, he was surprised when she struggled and moved away. Crossing her arms and stepping to the windows, he realized he'd never seen her angry. Granted, they'd known each other barely over a month now and Miroku had warned him about her temper, but he'd taken the warning lightly.

She was obviously very angry now, and he saw she took a deep breath to calm herself before speaking again over her shoulder, "Its the same thing that Miroku's involved in, isn't it?"

Inuyasha blinked, "What?"

"Oh do you people really think that everyone around you is that stupid?!" Kagome faced him again, "He's always being called away by so-called 'friends' who need his assistance with some 'estate matter' or by one of his own estate managers. But it can't be as simple as that, there's no way he could go for a visit in the country and return a week or two, or even over a month later with bruises or an injury of some sorts."

"Accidents happen all the time," Inuyasha stated.

"And I'M the family klutz, not Miroku!" Kagome snapped, "I can count on one hand the number of times he's foolishly taken a tumble or tripped in my presence. Normally he's the one catching me when I fall, so I can hardly believe he becomes accident-prone when he goes to his friend's houses. I happen to know he is very proud and extremely guarded when in the presence of those who are not as close to him as you or I."

Inuyasha shook his head.

"You are jumping to conclusions that make no sense whatsoever, there is no 'thing' that we're involved in, as you so eloquently put it. I have simply been asked to go to one of my estates to handle a crisis there. It will be easier for me to travel alone on horseback than with you and the carriage rambling along with me. This matter is important and I must be there as soon as possible, bringing a delicate wife is not an option."

"I am not delicate!" Kagome huffed, "I can ride as well as you and I needn't take the carriage."

Inuyasha shook his head, "I will not have my wife traipsing about the country like some virago, you will stay here and wait just a few days for my return like a good little woman."

"Oh! And how shall I spend my time while you're gone husband? Shall I sew you a few handkerchiefs? Perhaps mend a few of your shirts?" Kagome sneered at his term 'little woman' - of all the arrogant jerks.

"Pray tell, may I also knit you a scarf? It will be winter soon, I wouldn't want my big strong husband to catch cold would I?"

Inuyasha's patience snapped, "Damnit Kagome! You're being a nag and I will not tolerate this behavior. I'm leaving and you don't like it, I can understand perfectly well why you'd be upset, but that does not give you the right to be such a harpy!"

"A nag?! You dare call me a HARPY?!" Kagome's raised voice blocked out the sounds of merry laughter at the doorway, where the older servants were just arriving from the fair. They heard her shout and froze, looking to the man outside the sitting room with an uncomfortable expression on his features.

"You conceited ass! How dare you?!" Kagome picked up her skirts and hurried towards the door, "You know what? Go ahead and go! How about I help pack your things so you can be gone sooner!"

Managing to make it to the doors before he reached her, she threw them open and stomped past the appalled servants outside. Seeing their wide eyes and realizing they'd heard, she tossed her head back and rushed past them, explaining briefly.

"His grace will be leaving today for a fortnight, Delaney we need to have his horse readied. Janette please pack some sustenance, not too much, and don't you dare give the man anything sweet!"

"Woman, get back here this instant!" Inuyasha followed her out of the room, taking the steps two at a time but she was still able to reach the landing and get halfway to their room before he could catch up. Grabbing her by the arm, he yanked her around and glared down at her.

"Your behavior just now was appalling young lady! Did you have to continue with your scene?!"

"Why not?! They're bound to know we've quarreled anyway and not one of them would dare be indiscreet." Kagome shrugged, "Now let go of my arm, I have to help you pack so you can leave already!"

"I can very well do that on my own!" Inuyasha cupped her cheek to force her to meet his eyes. Seeing the anger, and more importantly, the hurt in those honey colored orbs calmed him somewhat and had him thinking of spending two weeks away from this fiery little wench.

The past two weeks had been perfect. They got up late, spent the day reading or riding together, either outside by the lake or inside by the fire when it had rained. He didn't want to leave her, not now and especially not like this. Looking down into her up-turned face, he saw she was flush with anger, her cheeks rosy, eyes glittering, lips parted a little.

Then his attention focused on her body beside him, quivering in her anger. Her breasts were pressed against him and rose steadily with her deep breaths. His hand lowered from her arm then, releasing it to take a hold of her waist instead.

She picked up on the change in directions his mind had taken and shook her head even as he cupped her neck with his other hand. She had barely uttered the briefest protest when his lips came crashing down over hers. She struggled again, pulling back, pushing him, but he wasn't about to let her get away.

In the two weeks since they'd arrived he'd been nothing but kind and careful with her. After ruining the first night, he'd made sure to make up for it each time after. This time he wasn't in the mood to be tender and sweet. She was still furious and frankly so was he.

How could they call him away at a time like this? He'd spoken to Jameson and although he'd been disappointed to lose Inuyasha, had wished him the best and accepted his resignation. How could they do this now? So damned soon?

Kagome startled him then, giving him a sharp bite on the lip. With a gasp, he pulled back, licking the sore area with a frown. She gave him a hard shove and pulled out of his arms, turning and running to their room. Throwing open the door, she slammed it shut behind her and was rewarded by his muffled curse.

He slammed it open then, glaring while he touched his sore nose. "This is ridiculous Kagome you are throwing a tantrum."

"I am not a child nor do I throw tantrums!" Kagome yelled back, "I am just upset that my husband doesn't seem to trust me enough to tell me the truth about where he's going or what he's going to do. Not to mention the fact that he's leaving after only a two week honeymoon."

"I have to leave, I did tell you the truth and I'm no happier about cutting our time together short than you are." Inuyasha walked past her and to the wardrobe, grabbing a small bag to take with him. "It'd be easier if I didn't have to deal with a wife in hysterics too."

"I'm not in hysterics!" Kagome shouted. Seeing him shake his head at that, she sighed, turned away and went downstairs to check on the arrangements for the trip.

She headed out to the stables and laughed a little when she spotted Delaney struggling to saddle Inuyasha's stallion. "Need some help?"

"The beast and I have never gotten along m'am but I'd rather fight the bugger than let him harm you," Delaney replied, glaring at the animal moving away from him.

Just then, Jeremy, one of the stable lads came in and hurried over. "What are you doing out here Mr. Delaney? Shouldn't you be up at the house?"

"The duke is going away and needs his horse readied," Delaney answered, relieved to see the boy take over for him.

At the doorway, the sound of shuffling footsteps caught Kagome's attention and she turned to see a little boy, no older than Shippo, peeking around the door. He was rather sweet looking, with big gray eyes and blond curls atop his head. Jeremy had the same eyes and curls, so she quickly realized it was his youngest brother, Samuel.

She came over when he'd stepped back a little and lowered herself to his eye-level, peeking around the door the same way he had. The boy gave a squeal and turned to run.

"Sam!"

"Its ok Jeremy, I'm afraid I startled him," Kagome re-assured him, "I'll go get him while you finish."

"Thank you your grace," Jeremy said, hefting the heavy saddle over Diablo's back.

Hurrying out behind the boy, she followed his small footsteps and giggling into the forest near the house. It was nearly dusk already, the sun setting faster by the minute, but the boy was fast and she couldn't seem to find him.

[I'm going to miss Inuyasha's departure and he'll leave angry with me!]

Kagome sighed, calling out for Sam while looking for him. He kept answering from different directions and she had no idea where she was anymore. It was actually getting rather creepy out in the forest now, with the light dimming and the shadows from the trees and leaves darkening.

"SAM! Come out now this isn't funny anymore!" Kagome glanced around, biting her lip and giving a small gasp when a twig snapped somewhere nearby.

To her surprise, Sam didn't answer that time and she couldn't hear any movement. Stopping where she was, she called his name again, then again, and remembered Jeremy and Luke joking about their little brother knowing the forest like the palm of his hand. He could lose himself for hours in it and end up safe and sound at home in time for dinner every night.

[But I can't!]

"Sam! Samuel! Please come out now!"

The sun was mostly gone now, the sky a dark blue, stars showing above her head. Looking around at her surroundings, she tried to see if she could find anything familiar from their rides through the forest. It was difficult to see and she realized she'd always followed Inuyasha during their rides and paid little attention to her surroundings.

[Serves me right for being such a blockhead. I'm sure Jeremy and Delaney will have wondered where I went after a while, surely they must have noticed when I failed to return?]

Stepping around a cluster of trees, she stopped short suddenly, staring ahead at the familiar setting. Breath catching in her throat, she shivered in the cool air and wrapped her arms around herself, staring wide eyed at the dark entryway to the cavern. As the wind whistled through the trees, Kagome heard a soft moaning sound and shook her head slowly.

[You're imagining things Kagome, there's no such things as ghosts! There's no such thing as ghosts.]

When the moaning increased in volume, she closed her eyes and stepped back, her left shoulder coming up against a tree's bark. With one hand pressed over her frenzied heart, she trembled when the moaning came again, louder and closer than before.

[Oh my god his ghost does exist and he'd coming out of there!]

Just as the thought ran through her mind, an icy hand clamped down over her right shoulder. The pinky touched her neck, and Kagome's blood froze in her veins. Seconds later the hand was joined by another on her bare arm, so she did the only thing any lady in her situation would have done.

Screamed at the top of her lungs before falling to the ground in a dead faint.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

-
-

Oh who was it? Do you really think it's the ghost?

Well I'm rather pleased with this chapter, their first fight and Naraku comes back into the picture. He'll be playing an important role in upcoming chapters, as well as the ghost that just grabbed Kagome.

Thanks again for all the reviews you guys!