InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bacchanalia ❯ Homecomings ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author's Notes: As most of you know or have heard, this story was deleted from FF.Net recently - along with all the wonderfully encouraging reviews it had gotten. I must admit I was crushed for a while, adding to that my computer's crashing and you have one very unhappy writer.

And then I had a meeting with that dreaded cube again - yes, I was struck with writer's block. I have the story outlined, but getting the chapters just right is sometimes taxing. This is the third version of this chapter, I hope you like it!


" ____ " Speaking
[ ____ ] Thoughts

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

"May I have this dance?"

Kagome smiled at the charming young man before her, slipping her hand over his, "I'd be delighted kind sir."

Daniel Silverton beamed, bowing over her hand and leading her back onto the floor. She'd only left it moments before to take a sip of punch before another gentleman asked for a dance. Mrs Tillsbury's dance was quite the sensation, and was serving its purpose as well.

They had already raised quite the sum of money and it was only halfway through the night.

For each dance a young lady was asked to join, the gentleman had to pay a sum of money to the pot at the edge of the floor. Not a substantial amount necessarily, but good enough to raise a decent amount for the local orphanage. Kagome had helped Mrs. Tillsbury organize the event, and being a dutchess, was glad her title helped give it enough importance so all the nearby members of the ton would be there.

Being a dutchess, Kagome also used her title to demand a higher payment from those who could afford it, making sure the gentleman paid while she was watching at each dance. So far, they had allowed her one song to rest, Naraku and Hojo each having asked her for two dances already. Her current partner, Silverton was new to the area and gazed at her in awe.

Smiling as brightly as she could, Kagome ignored the youth's sudden mishaps and the steppings on her toes, chatting amiably during the dance. Unfortunately, once the set was over, another gentleman was waiting for a dance with the young dutchess. Despite her wedded status, she'd been the most coveted female of the evening.

Moving easily around the room with the distinguished Lord Middlethorpe, Kagome was laughing as he spun her around the floor vivaciously with the waltz when the room spun on its own accord all of a sudden. Giving a small gasp, she was surprised to find herself seated suddenly, a very worried Lord Middlethorpe and Hojo beside her. Naraku joined them quickly, pulling a silver flask out of his pocket and pressing it to her lips.

"A little of this might help bring some color back to your cheeks," Naraku ordered quietly, watching her sip just the tiniest bit.

Warmed by the brandy, Kagome breathed deeply and smiled her thanks, "I'm terribly sorry my lord, I don't know what just happened, I'd never had that happen to me before."

"Don't fret your grace, but perhaps you should sit out a few sets?" Lord Middlethorpe smiled gently, "You have been dancing almost all night after all."

"Yes, I believe I will," Kagome nodded, shaking her head at the offer of more brandy. "I don't much care for the stuff."

Hojo watched Middlethorpe excuse himself gallantly and took a seat beside Kagome once he'd left. "Are you certain you're feeling all right?"

"Just a little nauseated," She admitted quietly, "Probably from all the spinning I've been doing out there."

"You never did have a stomach for that," Hojo teased, remembering her as a child, being sick after a game of spinning in the field.

Sighing and stifling a yawn, Kagome watched the guests enjoy the party for a while, feeling her eyelids slowly becoming heavier. Blinking against her sleepiness, she glanced towards the grandfather clock beside the wall and was surprised to see it was well past one. For a small dance this was going very well. It was just a shame she was too tired to enjoy it.

"If you're not feeling quite the thing, you should go home and rest," Naraku told her, still standing beside her seat.

"I couldn't leave..."

"Here you are!" Mrs Tillsbury joined them then, beaming at the young woman before her. "What a success this has been! Its so lovely to have everyone in the county here for once."

"Not everyone," Hojo mumbled, annoyance obvious in his voice.

Kagome felt a pang at his words and elbowed him sharply in the side, "It's a great success Mrs. Tillsbury."

"You poor dear, I just heard about your little spell and hurried over to see how you were," the older woman smiled, touching a gloved hand to Kagome's cheek. "You're looking a trifle peaked dear, not that I wouldn't love for you to stay as long as you wish, but perhaps you should be heading home."

"I agree," Hojo and Naraku both said at once.

Seeing the obvious worry in their features, Kagome admitted she was very tired and agreed to go. Thankfully there weren't many people on the way to the front door of Mrs. Tillsbury's home. As Naraku assisted her into the coach, Kagome settled into the corner of the carriage, missing the pointed look Naraku gave his cousin.

Despite his reluctance at leaving Kagome with his cousin, Hojo took one look at the coachman and gave in with a heavy sigh. Sticking his head in the door just the tiniest bit, he smiled at the tired young woman, "Forgive me for not accompanying the both of you, but I really do believe Mrs. Tillsbury might need some assistance here, so I'll stay in your place Kagome."

"That's so thoughtful of you Hojo, I was a bit worried about her," Kagome nodded and waved a short good bye as he closed the door.

Closing her eyes while the carriage went on its way, she missed the hungry look in Naraku's as he watched her silently. She looked stunning that night, wearing a dark blue gown with a slightly revealing neckline and her hair up in an elegant chignon. Her slim waist was accentuated by the tight corset and her skin glowed under the pale light in the carriage. Thoughts of knowing her from somewhere had plagued him ever since he'd first seen her that day two weeks before and came back full force this evening.

"A lovely party, was it not?"

Smiling a little, she opened her eyes and apologized, "I'm so sorry, I'm being rude, but I find my stomach is still a bit unsettled. The carriage motions are not helping much."

"There are pressure points in your hand that might help with that," Naraku removed his gloves and reached over, taking a hold of her wrist.

"I'm sure it'll be fine," she tried to protest, cut off by a shake of his hand, a shiver going down her spine as he removed her glove. His fingers followed along her skin from her elbow down as he pulled the satin material off. Draping it over his lap, he set both hands on her palm and gently pressed in a couple of key spots.

To her surprise, her nausea did seem to die down rather quickly. Watching him in awe, Kagome leaned closer to see where he was pressing and sucked in a breath when his head lifted. He was mere inches away from her, and this time she did see that hungry look. Remembering the kiss from his party, she unconsciously shivered again and moved back, slipping her hand from his.

"Thank you, I'm feeling better now."

"We need to talk Kagome," Naraku's voice was husky and warm as he scooted a bit closer, "You must know by now how very attracted I am to you."

"Please don't do this," she interrupted, "I'm married and..."

"To a man who's been god-knows-where for nearly two months now!" He snapped, taking a hold of her arm to pull her closer.

"He has good reason to be away!" Kagome defended him, "Inuyasha didn't want to leave, I know he didn't! And he'll be back as soon as he can."

"He's lying to you, he says there's a problem on one of his properties up north, but have you even been told which estate?" Naraku growled, "I have known Drake for years and he has never once mentioned owning any property except for a small hunting box up north. He's lying to you and he's probably cheating on you as well!"

"He wouldn't!" Kagome pushed him back, outraged by the man's insistence, "Inuyasha is not that type of man! He had a reputation as a rake but he gave that lifestyle up when we married!"

Naraku scoffed, "Oh no? Then explain these little one."

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a small packet of letters, containing around five or six, and dropped it onto her lap. "Hojo mentioned you knew of Kikyo, his former mistress who until recently, had come under my protection. Read those and see how very faithful your beloved husband really is!"

Shaking her head, Kagome pushed the letters off her lap, "They're lies! Inuyasha wouldn't cheat on me!"

"Inuyasha is a man with a taste for women, he will never be satisfied with one, and he could never go two months without having a bedmate. It is just the type of man he is!" Naraku stuffed them into her hands this time. "And these are not letters to me from Kikyo, they are letters from Inuyasha to HER! He's been in London this entire time!"

At those words, Kagome froze, staring with wide, stricken eyes at the man beside her. "N-No he can't be..."

The house came into view then, the lights from the windows reaching them in the carriage as they pulled up before the steps. Moving out of the way, Naraku pressed her hands around the letters, urging her to read them herself. "I'm sorry to hurt you like this Kagome, I am only this ruthless when I want something badly."

Stopping for a moment to look into his dark eyes, she gave him a glare and shook her head, "No matter the outcome, you will never have me."

Turning away, she turned down Delaney's offer to take her cloak, thaking him for waiting up and headed upstairs with it still on. "I'm afraid I wasn't feeling well tonight, the dance was still in full swing, but I needed to come home. Don't worry about my cloak, I'd better keep it on until I get up to my warm room. Wouldn't want to catch a chill."

"Very well your grace," watching the young woman ascend the staircase, Delaney turned back to see the carriage pulling away, Naraku glancing out of the window one last time.

[That man has been nothing but trouble since Inuyasha met him. He's definitely up to something.]


------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------


"If its not on our property, it must be on Drake's."

Naraku scanned the map once again while Hojo read through the passages of the old journal. "He doesn't specify anything! The old fool wrote in stupid riddles."

"You'll have to kick things up with your old friend Hojo, the best time to search is now that Inuyasha is away," Naraku rubbed his tired eyes, grabbing his brandy snifter and draining it.

Frowning in annoyance, he slammed it down on the table and cursed, "Are you certain she's never been to London besides this last season? I wasn't there for the last few months this year, I went to my country estate for some of my own fun and held a large revel the weekend the season ended. But I'm sure I've seen her face somewhere!"

"Haven't you asked enough times? I've told you, Kagome only went to London this year because of some family thing, she met Inuyasha the night of the last dance of the season." Hojo tossed back his own brandy, already a few cups drunker than his cousin. "They went to the country that weekend, found some orphan kid and spent their time in his famous green house."

Naraku's eyes lit up, "Did you just say she spent the entire weekend with him? At the very end of the season?"

Hojo nodded, "Yes, that's what she said."

[She was the woman at the bacchanalia!]

Turning away from his cousin, Naraku stared out the window in shock. Her image had been nagging at him for weeks as the woman from the party. After that kiss at the door he'd been longing for so much more. He'd had a man scouring the entire London area for any sign of a woman who fit her description.

"The gall of the man!"

Astonished that Inuyasha had taken her to the party, and then married her, he let out a chuckle. Drake had some guts. If anyone found out about their little night of fun, her reputation would be ruined, the whole of London society would ostracize her as a loose woman. How much better could things get? With her husband away, the silly girl was easy prey. If he did things right, he could get both the girl and the treasure.

Hearing a throat being cleared at the door, both Hojo and Naraku turned to see the dark man come into the room with the item they'd sent him for.

"Ah Rashid old boy, you are a stealthy bugger, aren't you?" Hojo chuckled, the laugh dying in his throat as a blade was suddenly embedded on the table, a scant inches away from the heel of his raised foot.

A malicious gleam appeared in the man's eyes as he sneered, "Do not refer to me as a boy, you stupid fool."

"Of course not!" Hojo's wide eyes looked away from the man, his feet sliding off the table. "Wouldn't dream of making that mistake twice."

Scoffing at his cousin's squeamishness, Naraku came to the man's side, "How is the fair Shazia?"

"Terrified as ever," Rashid grinned.

"That's a smart girl," Naraku opened the package and grinned as well, "Now this will most definitely be helpful."

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

"Please don't be offended Hachi, its nothing personal you see," Kagome fought back angry tears, "But I am growing to hate the sight of you!"

Seeing the pain in the young lady's eyes, Hachi gave a nod, "I understand completely your grace, I can hardly blame you for wanting to see your husband instead of his messenger."

Smiling sadly, Kagome accepted the letter and turned away to read it. Again apologizing for the delayed troubles, Inuyasha inquired about her health, about her comfort in their home, and her family. He gave no specific return date, vaguely hinting at another fortnight away, less if possible. It was the same as the last one, almost identical in fact.

"Why does he even bother?" Kagome asked herself, surprising them by ripping the missive in half, then those pieces in half again.

Turning on the messenger, she raised her chin and stared the man in the eye, "Where is he?"

Poor Hachi blinked, "At his estate m'am."

"Which estate?"

"The furthest one up north."

Kagome nearly rolled her eyes at the obvious cover, "Where is it? And what's its name?"

"Wyvern Castle up in ," Hachi lied, unsure of what to do under this sudden barrage of questions.

"Why can't I come help?"

"Its not fit for a young lady such as yourself m'am, the castle is old and falling apart. He wouldn't dream of taking you to such a place."

"Who has been telling him rumors about me and Hojo?" Kagome asked, sitting on the edge of the desk.

"Rumors?"

She nodded, "Yes, only this time he asks about Naraku as well. Someone here has been writing to my husband, may I enquire who it is?"

"I don't know..."

"That would be me," Delaney spoke up, entering the room with a tea tray. "I believed it might get him back if he believes you in trouble."

"It was worth a try Del," Kagome sighed, "Too bad his castle is more important."

Seeing her dejected stance, Hachi and Delaney both longed to soothe the poor girl, but knew only one person could do that, and he was in the city.

Raising her chin, Kagome surprised them suddenly, taking up an envelope from his desk and stuffing the ripped note into it. Once it was sealed, she handed it to the messenger and would have left without an explanation if he hadn't stopped her.

"Your grace?"

"I don't have anything else to say," Kagome shrugged, gave him an apologetic smile and was distracted when the door was knocked on. "That would be Hojo, I'm expecting him for some tea this afternoon and he was going to borrow a few books from the library. The one at his house is considerably lacking you know, I saw it myself just the other day."

"You've been to his home?" Mackie asked, having opened to door for their guest.

Hojo laughed, "Come old boy, you wouldn't begrudge me the pleasure of her company in that gloomy old place! Its been refreshing to have a female's opinions on how to decorate and make the house less drab. Speaking of which, I've sent for the draperies and furniture you advised me about and a few pieces arrived this moring Kags, you'll have to come help arrange them."

"Sounds fun!" Kagome genuinely seemed pleased with the idea, excusing them from the others as she led him to the vast library beside Inuyasha's study. "Is there any book in particular you are looking to borrow?"

Hojo shrugged, "Not really, I just need something to help pass the time..."


------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------


Glancing out the window of the sitting room, Inuyasha waited impatiently for his messenger to arrive. Shazia was busy reading out loud, hoping to improve her pronunciation while he was supposed to be listening, but his mind was on someone else. The sound of an arrival downstairs brought his attention back to the window and he looked down to see Hachi handing the reigns of his horse to the inn keeper.

"Finally!"

The interruption silenced Shazia, who looked up in confusion, "Finally?"

Inuyasha smiled, "Forgive me, I was just anxious for Hachi to arrive."

"Ah yes, the driver," the girl nodded, her attention returning to the book.

When the door was knocked on, she continued reading, ignoring Inuyasha who took the packet from his messenger and eagerly opened the letter that came from his wife. When he saw the contents of the envelope, he frowned and dumped the papers out onto the table, smacking away the curious girl's fingers.

"This is my letter Hachi, don't tell me you brought the wrong envelope!" Inuyasha tossed it down over the scraps.

The portly man shook his head, clearing his throat uncomfortably, "That is the reply your grace."

"The devil you say!"

"I am sorry, but as Mr. Mackie said, what else could you expect after two months of abandonment?" Hachi kept his gaze on the table, "I was equally confused but at the sight of my questioning gaze... she explained she had nothing more to say."

"It is message enough," Shazia giggled, "Who is this woman? Another... ?"

"No!" Inuyasha roared. Sick of this whole ordeal and going against orders from Jameson, he picked up the envelope and showed her the scraps more fully. "That is the reply I got from my wife after spending two months away!"

Shazia gasped, "Your wife?! You have no wife!"

"I was married shortly before you arrived, in fact, I was still on my honeymoon until I was called away." Inuyasha grabbed up the papers and stuffed them into a nearby wastebasket. "I was ordered by Jameson to come and had to leave her at home to play nursemaid to you!"

"I am sorry," the girl slumped down into her chair, "I had no idea, and here I've been acting a silly child when there has been no sign of Rashid for weeks. Forgive me for burdening you."

"It hasn't been a burden, but I am eager to go," he said, feeling a pang of guilt at the hurt in her eyes. Shazia wanted him, she'd told him so even before her husband was killed, but he would have nothing to do with her then. Even now he'd managed to avoid her advances.

"I'm going to speak with Jameson," he bowed and excused himself, leaving the girl to ask Hachi for more details.

The ride to Jameson's estate did not take long and he was able to get in through a back entrance he knew well enough. He knew the man was there at that time of the day and so, after a brief argument with his butler, Inuyasha stomped into the man's office.

"I'm going home!"

Looking up from his documents, Jameson immediately recognized the 'you can go to the devil if you don't agree' expression in the younger man's features and knew he wouldn't keep him any longer. They'd been surprised by how long he'd lasted as it was.

Still, he couldn't very well just let him go easily, "You cannot abandon this charge at a whim Drake."

"I've taught her better than you expected in these two months and you know it." Inuyasha tapped the back of a chair impatiently, "She was already slightly acquainted with the language when she arrived and you yourself said she was improving greatly. Get her a tutor and another guard, you no longer need me to act as either, she'll understand now."

"But she won't cooperate as well with another man, she knows you," Jameson chuckled wryly, "And she wants you Drake, no mistaking that look in her eyes when you appear."

Inuyasha sniffed, "I am not interested, she knows that already and she knows I am a married man now."

"Well damn," Jameson sighed, rubbing his temples thoughtfully, "Very well then, I'll have to get her someone else, but who?"

"Miroku, he'll handle her just fine," Inuyasha shrugged, "She needs a man and he's never one to deny a woman, not to mention his skills in diplomacy, I could never keep my temper long enough."

"No you couldn't," Jameson agreed, "Go on then, get you home your grace and send my greetings to your wife. Buy her some nice bauble, diamonds are all the rage now."

"And Shazia?"

"Will be seen to, have someone bring her here."

With a curt nod, Inuyasha sent a missive to the inn to inform Hachi, and have him bring the girl while he did some shopping. The thought of getting her a gift had crossed his mind, but he had something much more interesting than a diamond planned. [Althought that wouldn't be too bad either...]


------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------


"Have another biscuit missy"

Holding one up to her hand, Mackie left it in her fingertips and turned to serve her a cup of tea. She sat back against her pillows and did as told, thankful for the earlier biscuit that had helped rid her of her nausea. She'd been vilely ill that morning and again that afternoon when she'd gone out riding.

"Maybe I should send for the physician? This isn't normal Mackie," Kagome said, nibbling on the biscuit.

Shaking his head, Mackie offered her some tea, "It'll pass missy, and its perfectly natural for a young lady in your condition to feel ill."

"My condition?" Kagome blinked, eyes widening suddenly, "You're not saying..."

"You are breeding," Mackie chuckled, "I should have known you hadn't figured it out yet."

Kagome sipped her tea, "But I can't be! I've only been married two and a half months and Inuyasha's been gone for most of that time!"

"Your duke is quite virile then, for you are certainly with child and it is most definitely his," Mackie sobered, "I assume of course."

"You assume?" Kagome smacked his arm, "Whose else could it be? I've only ever been with my husband!"

"Well that certainly is a relief to hear, with the looks Naraku has been giving you, its a wonder he hasn't tried anything."

With a faint shudder, she bit her lip, "Its not for lack of trying."

"Has he made advances towards you?" He tipped up her chin to look in her eyes, "If he has..."

"Don't be silly Mackie, you can't do anything to him even if he has," She reminded him, "Besides I turned him down and he's been nothing but gracious since the night of Mrs. Tillsbury's soiree."

A commotion downstairs reached them and Kagome yawned, eyes drooping a little. "I'm becoming lazy."

"You need your rest," Mackie corrected her, "Get some sleep and we'll bring up your supper tonight."

"I wouldn't accept if I weren't so tired," as he took away the tea cup and tray, she turned onto her side, curling up beneath the blanket and falling into a deep sleep almost immediately.

With a grin, Mackie set the tray down and pulled the cover up to her chest, tucking it around her before leaving the room. On his way downstairs, he was surprised to meet up with none other than the father-to-be himself.

"Your grace!"

"Hello Mackie," Inuyasha beamed, "Good to see you're still with us, I take it she's in our room?"

The older man nodded, "She is resting your grace, she was feeling a bit unwell earlier."

"Unwell?" Glancing at the items on the tray, he frowned and excused himself with a nod.

He made it to their room in a few more strides and carefully opened the door, slipping inside quietly. Seeing her figure beneath the covers gave him a sense of peace and so, not wanting to disturb her yet, he went into his dressing room to remove his rumpled clothes. After using a basin with some cold water to clean off most of the travel dirt, he put on his black robe and finally padded out into the room again.

Moving around to where he could see her better, he smiled when he saw she was hugging his pillow. He'd pictured her so many times while he'd been away, the silky black hair that sprawled around her, those pouty lips, her flushed cheeks and sparkling eyes. But none of those images he'd conjured compared to the real thing.

Watching her for a little while, he eventually grew tired of just standing there and removing his robe, slid into the bed. Pushing the covers back, he was glad to see she wore her shift only, the short garment bunched up around her waist.

[Hmm... that's nice...]

Kagome smiled in her sleep, rolling onto her back and lifting up slightly as directed. The feathery touch on her skin was both sweet and teasing, evoking a familiar warmth inside her.

[So sweet]

Kissing along her legs to her belly, Inuyasha kept his caresses light, watching closely as her breathing quickened, body slowly flushing with warmth where he touched. Brushing up to her rib cage and breasts, he gently blew over one of her mounds, delighting in the goosebumps and shivers that ran through her.

After doing the same to the other, he brushed his lips over them, placing soft kisses here and there. Beneath him, Kagome began to squirm, hands gripping the sheets tightly. Delighting in her response, he gently smoothed his hands down along her sides, cupping her bottom with one, he brought the other forward to the apex of her thighs.

She gave a sharp gasp, whispering his name in her sleep as he moved to kiss her neck and his fingers teased below. He eased one finger insde her, silently groaning at the pull of her muscles around it. Slowly withdrawing, he shuddered as she moaned and tried to hold him in, entering her swiftly again, adding a touch of his thumb against the sensitive nub for a better effect.

Kagome's moan finally brought her fully out of her sleep and blinking against the sunlight coming in through the open curtains, she trembled as his fingers continued their stroking. Grasping his shoulders, she mewled his name as he removed his hand and came over her.

Swallowing her cries in his kiss, Inuyasha's next moves shocked her. Sliding his hands down to her legs, he nudged them up until he could catch hold of her knees and bringing them up to her chest, entered her in one swift motion.

Moaning again, she clutched at his arms as he raised himself over her, his hair falling around them like a silvery curtain in the light. He caught her gaze with his and the fire in those golden orbs seemed to burn into her very soul. Keeping their eyes locked, he withdrew entirely, basking in the glazed passion in hers before returning and filling her completely again. Her body throbbed, she was swollen with excitement and her passages clung to him, squeezing like the tightest of fists.

Vaguely he remembered she had likely grown unnacustomed to this and asked, "I don't hurt you?"

Trembling, she shook her head, "Oh no, you feel so good."

Her words and the sultry, raspy tone she spoke them in, spurred his lust and he pulled back and thrust in again. There were no more words between them as their bodies rocked together, her legs came to rest on his shoulders and tightened around them while he gripped her waist and helped her meet his thrusts.

He moaned, she groaned, the mattress creaked and their cries filled the room. Lowering his head again, he claimed her sweet lips in a ravishing kiss that brought her passion higher with each stroke of his tongue against hers. His slow, controlled thrusts continued, silently demanding her passion rise in time with his. Her body followed his commands, willing to accept and submit to his guidance. It had been so long, she'd nearly forgotten how good this could be.

Towards the end he was hardly gentle, but she was too far gone to care. Her own needs welcomed and matched his wild intensity, giving in to his ruthless domination. Crying out his name, she reveled in the hard, deep thrusts that bound them together in beautiful madness. Their fevered bodies lunged together in a desperate rush until at last their climax struck, quick as lightning, shooting from his body into hers, shaking them both to their core.

Fially melting back onto the bed, her legs came off his shoulders, her arms holding tightly to his neck. Pressing gentle kisses to her collarbone, Inuyasha tasted the salty sweat on his lips and managed a smile. Licking his way up to her chin, his lips met hers in a loving caress as they rolled onto their side, keeping their bodies intimately joined.

"You're finally home" she whispered, burrying close into his chest, tears of relief forming in her eyes. Surely a man having an affair couldn't be so loving when he got home?

"Finally," Inuyasha agreed, holding her tight, "Believe me love, being away was as hard for me as it was for you."

"Really?" Kagome's eyes sparkled happily, her leg twining around his knee, "I thought you were too busy to miss me. Your letters were always so serious and aloof."

He gave a chuckle, "Forgive me, I've never been one to express myself well in writing. I prefer actions to words, did I not prove just now, how very much I missed you?"

"Indeed," Kagome yawned, snuggling her head into the crook of his neck, "But I hope that's not the only reason you missed me."

"Certainly not, now sleep wench, I rode long and hard to get here and your lovely welcome sapped me of the last of my strength."

"My lovely welcome? I was fast asleep my lord duke, if anyone exhausted anyone, it would be you who exhausted me," she sniffed, giving his shoulder a small bite.

Returning the favor, he soothed her with a kiss and chuckled, "Can I help it if you looked delectably tempting? What with your skin glowing in the sunlight, and your pouty lips just begging for a kiss?"

"Hmm... begging?"

"Oh yes, they all but screamed out to the world, kiss me!"

Giggling at the silly thought, she felt the rumble of his laughter in his chest and sighed, "I'm glad you took it upon yourself to answer their pleas."

"As am I..."


------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------
-
-

^_^;

Smut. Hope you liked it, they needed to have a good reunion after being apart. And yes there's a new development, Kag's expecting and she has yet to tell him. How will she do it? Wait until they finish a romantic dinner perhaps? Play a game and make him guess?

How will he react to the news?

I'll leave you to guess.

Until next time mes amis!