InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bacchanalia ❯ Seeing is Believing ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 

- Seeing is Believing -

 

-----------------------------------

 

[How do I tell him?]

 

Kagome lay beside her slumbering husband, watching the steady rise and fall of his chest. It was early morning and she was about to get up, but having been apart from him for so long, she found it incredibly hard to get out of bed. It had been almost a week since his arrival and she was quite relieved to know that Naraku had been lying. There was no way her husband could have been cheating on her, Inuyasha was too noble for that. She'd stuffed the package of letters in a crook under the bed where no one would find them. She certainly never wanted to see them again.

 

Now that her worries were abated, she still had to find a way to tell him she was enceinte. She had just found out minutes before he arrived so she hadn't had time to really think about it. The most troubling matter was, of course, telling him.

 

How did a lady tell her husband she was expecting?

 

How would he handle the news?

 

Would he be ready for a child?

 

Was she?

 

The marriage was still so new, they'd had little time together before he left, to be pregnant so soon was both exciting and terribly frightening.

 

Hearing a familiar scratching on her dressing room door, she gave his cheek a quick kiss before slipping out of bed and hurrying over. She would have preferred to stay with him for another few hours, but it was Tuesday, and Tuesdays were important. Thanking Genny, who'd already set out her clothes and was trying to mend a gash in an old jacket.

 

"I'm afraid this cut is larger than I thought your grace," Genny told her once she was dressed and waiting.

 

Kagome nodded, "It's all right, just leave it here once it's mended, I won't be long today."

 

"I'm surprised you're going at all, what with his lordship just returned," the maid replied. "You've been nigh inseparable these past few days."

 

"I know, and I would love to stay in bed for another few hours but I really can't." Kagome sighed and finished with the last of her hair pins.

 

Shrugging, Genny followed her out through a side door and down to the kitchen, where Janette had a basket ready to go. "I was wondering if you'd still be going."

 

"I know, but don't worry, I've already told Genny I shouldn't take long." Kagome picked up the basket and grabbed a roll for the walk. "I'll be back as soon as possible. When his grace awakens, let him know I had an errand to run and that I won't be long."

 

"I'd be happier if I knew where you run off to each week," Janette huffed, "He won't be too happy when I can't tell him where you've gone."

 

"I know," Kagome winced, knowing they were right but that she couldn't say. "Just tell him I'll be back soon. I really must go now if I'm to be back promptly, I'll see you later."

 

Stepping out of the house and heading towards the rose gardens, she slipped through them with practiced ease. In truth, she knew she should tell them where she went, but she couldn't, she'd given her word and couldn't break it. Not to mention the fact that they would probably lock her in her room if they knew. Inuyasha's staff was very protective of their master, and that protection had been transferred to her as well.

 

She was still surprised that they didn't have someone following her around, but she'd ordered them not to do so, and they knew better than to cross her path also. After witnessing a fierce argument she'd had with Mackie over her going riding with Naraku and Hojo, they'd been wary of her temper.

 

Making her way quickly through the forest, she shifted the basket and was relieved to see the familiar wooden fence coming up ahead. Slipping through two of its posts, Kagome smiled and waved at the figures peeking out through the windows.

 

[Just a short visit today, I'm sure they will understand.]

 

 

-----------------------------------

 

 

"Kagome?"

 

Inuyasha sat up under the covers, surprised to find his wife missing. Rolling out of bed, he stretched and pulled on a bed robe. She was probably just downstairs having breakfast. Heading over towards his dressing room, he heard a noise in hers and frowned, changing course to investigate.

 

Seeing no one there, he shrugged and was about to head over to his own again when a garment caught his eye. Stepping over to the small stool it had been laid on; he picked up the grubby piece with a dark frown.

 

[ What is a jacket like this doing here? This is not a woman's garment. ]

 

Glancing around the stool, he saw a small dark bundle in a corner and moved to pick it up. It was a pair of breeches, also grubby and worn- and definitely not his.

 

Fighting down the immediate suspicions that flooded him, he dropped them both on the stool and went to his own dressing room. He finished dressing himself, having never taken up the practice of using a valet, and made his way downstairs to the morning room. His wife was not there, but he stopped just inside the doorway as he heard two of the girls dusting outside and gossiping.

 

[As usual]

 

Brushing off that idea, he focused on their conversation, feeling his suspicions rise with each word.

 

"So she just up and left this morning? Didn't even leave a word of explanation?"

 

"Not a word, just said to tell his grace she would be back as soon as possible and went like always."

 

Brit hummed a little, "I've always thought it was suspicious how she disappeared each Tuesday, without telling a soul where she's going and taking that covered basket with her. Genny says she doesn't know either and you know how awful she is at lying, you can tell she really doesn't know. She's awfully suspicious too though."

 

"Genny's suspicious? Now that must mean something," Sarah mumbled.

 

Brit's voice brightened the tiniest bit, "Didn't she tell you about the clothes?"

 

Inuyasha stiffened and moved closer to the door.

 

Sarah's interest piqued as well, "Clothes?"

 

Brit must have nodded or something but she continued, "Her grace has brought back some clothes with her from her visits, and they're all men's!"

 

"No!" Sarah gasped, "You don't think...?"

 

"Well she is young, and with a husband like his grace you couldn't blame her if she felt certain needs..."

 

"Britany!"

 

"Keep your voice down!" Brit urged her, continuing in a more subdued tone. "Well you couldn't! The man was gone nearly two months and you know he was probably with a woman."

 

"You're going to lose your job for speaking so!" Sarah interrupted again, "His grace wouldn't cheat on his wife, even if he was a womanizer before, didn't you see the looks he gave her? They are in love."

 

"They are in lust, it happens all the time," Brit insisted, "I wouldn't be surprised if she were expecting already."

 

"She can't be! They were only here for two weeks before he left," Sarah's voice came a bit closer, "Hold on, help me get this other frame dusted, that way Delaney or Harrow won't get on our case for chattering."

 

"Nevermind them! Can you imagine being overheard by the duke? We'd be out on our tails in no time!" Brit nervously mumbled, following her past the doorway, where Inuyasha shrank back.

 

"You're the one speaking ill of his wife! I've seen the way their eyes light up each time they're together and I stand by the idea that they are in love." Sarah corrected her.

 

"Well more the fool you," Brit sniffed but quickly changed the subject, just in case they did get caught.

 

Moving away from the doorway, Inuyasha stared out the window with an uneasy expression. If the servants were gossiping, there was no doubt that something was going on. Giving the bell pull a tug, he took a seat and feigned interest in his correspondence while Delaney came.

 

"Your grace?"

 

"My wife, Delaney, seems to be missing," Inuyasha coolly set his papers down. "Would you be so kind as to have her join me?"

 

Delaney actually fidgeted before giving an uneasy reply, "I'm afraid that her ladyship had to step out for a short while, she should be back any minute."

 

Inuyasha's voice became even colder, "Indeed?"

 

"Quite so," Delaney nodded, "Not to worry, we shall have her join you as soon as she returns."

 

"Where might she have gone to at such an early hour Delaney? And why was I not informed about this errand? I would have accompanied her." He poured himself a cup of tea and was surprised to see his butler still struggling with a viable excuse.

 

"You see, her ladyship went to visit a friend. She goes every Tuesday, however we had just assumed she would not go today, therefore I could not have informed you before."

 

"And which friend might she be visiting today?"

 

Delaney gulped, "I'm afraid I can't recall the name right this moment your grace."

 

"Very well, thank you Delaney," Inuyasha's attention turned to the doorway when Mackie walked by. "Mackie!"

 

The big chef stopped and came back, "Your grace?"

 

"My wife seems to be missing," Inuyasha watched for a reaction, surprised to see him roll his eyes and sigh.

 

Mackie mumbled something unintelligible and stuffed his hands in his pockets, "She has a weekly visit."

 

"With a friend."

 

Mackie gave a nod.

 

He raised an eyebrow at that, "An unknown friend? Even you do not know who it is she visits?"

 

"I don't know who she's visiting with," Mackie stated.

 

Tapping his fingers slowly on the table, Inuyasha ignored the food set out and glanced over his shoulder out the window again. The day outside was cloudy and he briefly found himself wondering if she'd remembered to take a cloak.

 

(- Damn the cloak! Your wife may be cheating on you and all you can think is that she'd best have taken a cloak? -)

 

"But 'tis not very far from here... the friend she's visiting," Mackie interrupted his dark thoughts, bringing his attention back.

 

"I took care to make sure she wasn't getting into trouble when she started going, although I couldn't see a person when she entered the small house, I know Miss Kagome, she must have felt she had good cause to visit. She should be back soon." Janette came up calling for Mackie and he excused himself then, heading to the kitchen to help with a new recipe he'd just given her the night before.

 

"Seems there's not much to do but wait," Inuyasha waved Delaney away and grabbed his correspondence, carrying it to his study to read.

 

One of the letters turned out to be from Miroku, who'd been assigned the task of taking Shazia to Naples. It seemed her father had deemed the danger over and sent for the girl. He would be gone for at least six months and asked Inuyasha to take good care of Kagome for him.

 

Also Kagome's mother had sent a missive, explaining that she and Souta would be in Scotland visiting with Lady Tremaine, who'd been given leave to go back home. It seemed Lady Tremaine's younger ward, Kohaku, had gotten along quite famously with the boy and was helping him come out of his shell. Her mother wanted to come and visit but Souta was doing so much better that she knew he and Kagome would understand if they were gone for a little longer. Shippo was doing fine as well with the older boys and they were not to worry about him either.

 

Glad to hear the boy was getting on with Kagome's brother, Inuyasha set the letter attached for his wife aside and continued going through the rest of his correspondence. He'd gone through all the letters and a few account books when it began to drizzle outside, glancing out the window he saw the darkening sky and frowned.

 

[I had better ask if whoever saw Kagome leave was sure she was well covered. Perhaps I should ride over and bring her home?]

 

Still feeling uneasy, Inuyasha rang for Delaney again, ordering for his horse to be saddled before going in search of Mackie. He found him in the kitchen with Janette and asked about Kagome's whereabouts.

 

"Mackie where is my wife be visiting?"

 

Mackie frowned, "At her friend's house your grace, I told you earlier..."

 

"Ah but you did not mention where this house is, I would like to know that now," Inuyasha interrupted.

 

Looking out at the storm, the cook shrugged. "It's not far from the manor, just past the chapel ruins and the end of the property line. There's a small cabin out there, just a few yards past the gate, there's no missing it your grace."

 

"Thank you, I shall return shortly with her and we will most likely be soaked, so you will need to have some hot tea ready."

 

Thanking him with a nod, Inuyasha turned and made his way out to the stables, determined to find out who this mysterious friend was.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Oh damn!"

 

Kagome held up her skirts in one hand, using the other to push her wet bangs out of her face. She'd barely managed to get away when it began to rain. Since it had still been a light drizzle, she had refused their invitation to stay and hurried out, hoping she'd make it home before the storm got too bad. She obviously hadn't.

 

And she'd forgotten her cloak at the cabin in her haste to get home.

 

[How can someone forget their cloak when they're running from the rain? You are such a nit-wit Kagome!]

 

Glancing around for some form of shelter, she blinked when she saw a white structure ahead and felt her shoulders slump in relief. [The ruins!]

 

She quickly made her way towards them and was about to get under the small amount of roofing that was left when she froze in surprise. Naraku stood there, mostly dry and obviously waiting out the storm as she had intended to do. She had been trying to avoid the man since the night of the ball when he'd handed her the bunch of letters.

 

"My lord?"

 

"Kagome! What are you doing out in this storm?" Stepping forward, he took her by the arm and dragged her beneath the dingy cover.

 

Unfortunately it was a bit late, she was already soaked from the scant few minutes she'd stood staring, not to mention her trip through the forest. When he slipped his coat off, she stepped back to avoid his next actions, but was too slow and his jacket was lowered onto her shoulders.

 

"You are soaked through."

 

"Thank you." she whispered, leaning back against one of the two walls in the scant space they had.

 

Two feet at most separated them, she shivered at the heat coming from his tall, foreboding figure. She vaguely realized how much larger he was, his coat swamped her small form and her head barely reached his chin. She'd never been short, but next to this man she certainly felt so. The darkening in his eyes did not go unnoticed either, doing nothing to appease her discomfort.

 

"It is strange to run into you like this," she said, crossing her arms before her. "I thought this was part of my husband's properties."

 

"It is," Naraku agreed, "But I have a fondness for ruins and I had hoped you wouldn't mind if I came here."

 

She realized she couldn't say she minded without being rude, so she shrugged, "Certainly not, it is a lovely structure, I am quite fond of it myself."

 

"Lovely... yes it is quite lovely at that." Naraku leaned his shoulder against the wall beside her, trapping her between his body and the wall.

 

[Great, I should have expected that! Where is my head today?]

 

Scooting away the tiniest bit, she frowned when he reached up and closed the jacket a little, "What brings you out in this storm your grace?"

 

"A friend," she answered, "A sick friend I visit each week."

 

"It's not something serious I hope?"

 

She shrugged, "What brings you out my lord?"

 

"Restlessness, I am not used to such quiet living," Naraku scooted the tiniest bit closer, "I am used to more pleasant company than my cousin's."

 

"That is unkind, Hojo is very pleasant company," she defended her friend.

 

He smirked, tracing one finger along the lapel of the jacket, "That is not the kind of company I meant."

 

She slapped his hand away and backed up more, removing his jacket, "That's enough, I thought you might have understood my message when I avoided you for weeks but it seems you didn't. I am not a loose woman my lord, I would never cheat on my husband."

 

"Even when he cheats on you?" he replied, knocking the jacket away, a flash of anger in his eyes.

 

"He hasn't cheated on me," Kagome insisted.

 

Naraku scoffed, "You forget who you speak with, I have known the man for years."

 

"That doesn't mean you know..."

 

"And I have known about you for weeks," he continued, smirking when she quited.

 

Kagome frowned in confusion, "About me?"

 

Placing both hands on the wall beside her, he effectively trapped her between the wall and his body, leaning close, too close, to whisper into her ear. "I kissed you."

 

[Oh lord... the bacchanalia. He's figured that out!]

 

Biting her lip, Kagome pushed at his chest, "I don't know what you're talking about my lord, now if you would release me. I haven't given you permission to take such liberties with my person. Indeed, when my husband finds out about this..."

 

"Will he? Do you even know where he is?"

 

"I..."

 

"I knew you didn't." Before she could continue with her arguing, he roughly crushed his mouth down over hers and took advantage of her cry to steal a further taste. His arms came like vices around her form, pinning her down with his heavy weight even as she struggled.

 

Horrified and furious, Kagome fought him for all she was worth, biting his tongue and smirking when he pulled back and cursed. She had not anticipated his returning the favor on her shoulder, biting harshly which caused her to gasp and moan from the pain. Kneeing him in the thigh, she was relieved to feel him release her shoulder and opened her mouth to scream, only to shut it again when he came back for another brutal kiss, his hands gripping her by the hair to hold her in place.

 

Pushing against him with her hands and elbows, she squeaked when she felt him using his weight to drag her down, the rough wall of the chapel scratching her back. Tears streaked down her cheeks as she went and she found herself awkwardly hunched between his body, the muddy floor, and the cold wall.

 

Still struggling, she clawed and gasped when his mouth finally came off hers. The bastard had the audacity to chuckle. "Such a feisty wench you are, I knew you would be great."

 

"Get off!" Kagome yanked on his hair and enjoyed hearing him suck in a breath of pain.

 

Her joy lasted mere seconds when he retaliated by grabbing the front of her gown and roughly tearing it down to her waist. With a loud gasp, she released his hair and brought her hands forward to cover herself, only to whimper when he grabbed her wrists and yanked them down to her sides. The rain outside was still gushing down and in the cool air that reached them, her traitorous nipples stiffened, causing them both to moan.

 

"So you like it rough too sweeting? I should have known." Naraku chuckled.

 

Kagome was sobbing, cold, exposed, terrified, and her back was burning. He held her wrists in one hand, using the other to measure her chest. When she screamed, he laughed and pulled a handkerchief from his pocket, lifting it to gag her. Before he could, Naraku was yanked away, and with a sickening thud, fell to the ground in a heap. Pulling her dress up over herself, Kagome curled up with a whimper when a dark form turned towards her.

 

"The bloody bastard!"

 

Looking up at the sound the familiar voice, Kagome slumped in relief when she saw the dark young man standing there. She was shaking so badly even her voice trembled, "H-Hit-ten?"

 

"Are you all right m'am?" The furious young man asked, keeping an eye on the noble he'd knocked unconscious.

 

Kagome bit back another sob and nodded, thanking him when he pulled out her cloak from beneath his coat, explaining his presence. "You forgot it and we didn't want you getting sick, you've been so good to me and my brother. Manten made me hurry after you."

 

"Thank you," she shakily stood and wrapped it around herself, jumping back as Naraku came to.

 

"I'll have you locked up for this!" Naraku threatened groggily, weaving a bit while he stood.

 

Kagome shook her head, "You do anything to make trouble for this man, Naraku, and I'll tell Inuyasha what happened here. My husband returned last Thursday and will be waiting for me when I arrive."

 

She sighed, "As it is, it will be hard to keep this from being found out. Better to not bring it up."

 

"Damn"

 

"Damn yourself you bounder!" Hiten spat, "The lady's being far too kind, she should have you locked up!"

 

"Shut up boy!" Naraku snapped, glaring over his shoulder at Kagome, "So?"

 

"We all forget about this and you never come near me again," she shuddered and turned away. "Leave now my lord before my senses clear and I run home to my husband. He'll call you out- you know he will."

 

"Bah! You're not worth it," Naraku sneered, giving them both a final glare before stomping out of the ruins through the rain. Kagome watched him go out of the corner of her eye, shivering again when he stopped just a few feet outside and fixed his pants. When he'd gotten those open she didn't even want to imagine.

 

As soon as he was gone, she felt Hiten's hand on her back and finally allowed another sob to escape her, the reality of what had just happened hitting her full force.

 

"I'm so sorry," Hiten mumbled.

 

Shaking her head, Kagome turned and surprised him, throwing her arms around his neck and giving him a tight hug. "Thank you! I'll never be able to thank you enough Hiten! I'm so grateful!"

 

The young man awkwardly patted her back, "You should hurry home, you're in no condition to stay out here, you'll catch cold for sure."

 

Kagome kissed his cheek and pulled away, "Thank you."

 

"Should I walk you back? You don't think he'll try anything again do you?" Hiten glanced out into the storm and where the man had walked away.

 

"No, the manor is nearby and he wouldn't be that stupid," Kagome shook her head. "It will be easier for me to sneak in if I'm by myself, I don't want my husband or Mackie to see me like this."

 

Hiten hesitated, "If you're sure?"

 

"Quite," giving him another grateful peck, Kagome pulled her cloak tightly about herself, holding her dress closed with one hand beneath it.

 

Stepping out into the rain, she ran home, oblivious to the two sets of eyes watching her go.

 

 

-----------------------------------

 

 

[Thank goodness for Mackie!]

 

Kagome easily slipped up to her room unnoticed, grateful that her dear chef's newest recipe had most of the servants in the kitchen. Hurrying into her dressing room, she removed the torn garments and changed into another simple dress. Her back burned and she looked over her shoulder at a mirror, wincing when she saw a few deep gashes in it. She had just taken a seat at her vanity when the door to her dressing room opened.

 

"So you've returned? How was your visit?"

 

Inuyasha's odd, angry tone sent a fresh wave of anxiety through her as she turned.

 

"Not very well."

 

"Oh no? Pray tell, why ever not?" He slammed the door shut behind him with the heel of his boot. He was soaked, his clothes clinging and a trail of water following as he came closer.

 

"Was the chapel not quite as comfortable because of the rain? or did it make for a more playful tryst? Didn't you have enough fun at the cabin?"

 

"What?!" Kagome's eyes widened in confusion and she shrank back when he stopped before her.

 

"Damn you! Don't you dare play the innocent!" His hands gripped her arms and roughly yanked her to her feet. "How could you?!"

 

"How could I what?! What are you talking about? Inuyasha how did you know about the chapel I..."

 

"You didn't think I'd find out did you? How long has this been going on? Every week for how long?" Inuyasha gave her a hard shake when she failed to give a coherent reply.

 

"You're hurting me!" Kagome tried to wriggle free and gasped when he shoved her away. She crashed against the vanity and knocked some bottles of perfume off, the glass shattering making nasty sound in the room.

 

"To think that for two months all I could think of was getting out of London and coming back to you!" Inuyasha stopped when he heard her moan.

 

Glancing back he frowned darkly at her form, sitting on the bench with her head between her knees. "What the hell are you doing?"

 

"I'm nauseous," Kagome informed him, "It's the baby, with everything that..."

 

"Baby?" His stunned tone made her look up towards his pale visage.

 

Smiling weakly, she slowly straightened, "I didn't know how to tell you."

 

"That you are with child?" Inuyasha shook his head a moment and turned away, shocking her when he grabbed a nearby vase and flung it against a wall.

 

Shrinking back again, she watched as he cursed violently and moved the books on a small bookshelf around. Behind a large volume he uncovered a flask of brandy and quickly unscrewed the top and took a deep swig.

 

"Inuyasha about the chapel..."

 

"Forget the chapel!" Inuyasha whirled towards her, "You honestly think that has any significance now? Damn it I should have known!"

 

Kagome trembled under his heated gaze, "You're not making any sense! Should have known what?"

 

As he stalked towards her, she hastily got up and tried to scramble away, making it to the bed before he caught up to her and grabbed her by the arm. "That you'd be no different from Patrice and Kikyo! I should have known better than to leave you here alone! Damned Myouga was right, you are nothing but trouble."

 

"Me?" Kagome's eyes watered but she held in her tears, "I'm not! I don't know why you're so angry but if you let me explain..."

 

"There's no need, I've seen enough," Inuyasha snarled, dragging her over to the dressing room none too gently. "Rather careless of you to leave the proof out where anyone could find it, don't you think my dear?"

 

Staring down at the stool he pointed at, Kagome saw the jacket and breeches she'd brought back to mend and frowned. "But..."

 

"Neither of those are mine," he let her go and picked them up, "I'm surprised Naraku has such feeble garments at all, but it must be easier to go unnoticed dressed as such. Tell me, who let him in? Did you have Mackie sneak him up to your room after everyone else was asleep?"

 

"What?!" Kagome gasped in shock, "Naraku? Why...?"

 

"You're not really going to claim that child is mine are you?" Inuyasha fairly growled. "You really think I'm that stupid? I would have known eventually Kagome, if it didn't have my features, I would have realized what was going on."

 

"Of course it's yours!"

 

To their mutual surprise, in a matter of seconds Kagome was sprawled against the heavy wood armoire and Inuyasha remained frozen above her with a stinging hand.

 

[I... I struck her!]

 

Reeling with shock, he watched her raise a shaking hand up to her burning cheek and gently trace the red skin. Kagome sat up with a blank expression then raised dazed, confused eyes towards him. There was something there that twisted his heart and made his bile threaten to overwhelm him. She was so small there, looking up to him as a child who didn't understand why he'd been punished would.

 

"Ow," Kagome touched her side where a corner of the wood had dug into her and felt an odd need to laugh.

 

What escaped from her mouth was nothing like her usual laugh, rather a twisted, strangled giggle, "Ouch."

 

Something about her voice tore at him, as did the feeling on the back of his palm. Unable to bear the tension, Inuyasha backed away, glancing down at his hand and shaking his head. With a curse, he shot her another shocked look before turning and slamming out of the room.

 

Kagome remained on the floor, laughing and crying at the same time, mentally wondering what she had to laugh about in the first place. She didn't know, she was just so confused- and then she was weeping, curling up in a ball and fighting down the need to retch.

 

[Not his... he thinks the baby isn't his... and that I...]

 

Below stairs in his study, Inuyasha gulped down more brandy and stared despairingly into the fireplace. He'd struck her- his wife- he'd actually struck Kagome. He'd never struck a woman in his life, he'd hated all men who did so, yet... he'd not only struck her, he knocked her down!

 

Her words though, something in him snapped when she said them, so certain, so damned confident- just like Patrice.

 

"Of course it's not yours! You stupid boy! I'm three months along!"

 

He shuddered and took another swig, remembering her voice earlier.

 

"Of course it's yours!"

 

"Damnit!" Throwing his glass into the flames, he watched the fire roar and grabbed the decanter instead.

 

Kagome had looked so- so innocent, crumpled against the heavy wood armoire, bright brown eyes shinning with unshed tears. Cursing wretchedly, Inuyasha dropped down into his favorite winged chair and kept replaying the scenes from earlier. He'd only seen a little, but it had been enough.

 

Seeing Naraku stomp out of the chapel, stopping to button up his pants for a second before moving on.

 

Seeing Kagome slip out of the same structure just moments later, rushing home through the rain, hair disheveled and holding her cloak close to cover herself up.

 

As the storm outside raged on, he cradled the brandy and stared into the fireplace, seeing his wife and her lover in the bright red flames.

 

Damn Naraku to hell.

 

The man had already taken his mistress. He could recall exactly what Kikyo looked like writhing beneath him, only it wasn't Kikyo he was seeing anymore- it was Kagome. The image haunted him as he drank all the brandy and called for more.

 

"Damned woman... should've known... I should've known..."

 

-----------------------------------

 

The End- for this chapter.

 

Gomen nasai! I know it's been around 3 months since my last update, I can only lay the blame on a severe case of writer's block I had with this fic. Hopefully it will not be coming back.

 

On a brighter note- Arigato to everyone who's reviewed the story so far! I can't believe it has over 100 reviews here on Mediaminer! That's so cool! Thank you all soooo much!

 

I've got a notfiylist set up for this fic so if you want to join, just go to: http://kawaiichica.notifylist.com/bacch_mm.html

 

I'll be sending that list of folks an e-mail each time I update the story here on MM.org.

 

Thanks again you guys! Don't forget to let me know what you thought of this chapter k-?

 

Good luck to those of you with finals!

 

K.C.