InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Punk Rock Love ❯ Romeo, Romeo...Wha-Inuyasha?! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Beautiful Punk Rock Love

By: Elizabeth Cabrera

Attention: I do not own Inuyasha and CO. Rumiko Takahashi does and I don't own the songs on here either. : Cries: I wish I did.

::Chapter Three, Romeo, Romeo….Wha-Inuyasha?!::

Kagome could still remember the previous night with Inuyasha as she drove to school. She had had a great night yesterday with Inuyasha and had hoped it would never end. Kagome pulled up to her high school and found Sango sitting on the hood of her car waiting for her. Kagome gracefully parked her jeep next to Sango's green Honda.

"Morning Sango you're here early." Kagome said exiting her jeep and getting her backpack out of the back.

"Well yeah waiting for you to tell me about your night with Inuyasha Nagahara! So how'd it go?" Sango said as she and Kagome walked to the front of their school.

"Oh it was great." Kagome said shrugging it off.

"Oh come on tell me! Where'd you guys go? What did you guys do?" Sango said pressing the topic.

Kagome kept quite and walked on a small smile on her face.

"Kagome!" The frustrated Sango said.

"Oh fine fine only because you're my best best friend." Kagome said smiling.

"He picked me up around 7:00 and Mom let him in. I was getting ready still and when I came down he was in the living room playing video games with Souta."

"How cute." Sango squealed.

"Then we went to this in-door out-door Japanese restaurant, where we sat outside under this huge Cherry blossom tree. You'll never guess who I saw there." Kagome said.

"Who-who?!" Sango said excitedly.

"Hojo Kitagawa. He was our waiter. And I don't know but it was like he was making moves on me."

"Ooo, how'd Inuyasha take it?" Sango said and as she did the bell for first period rang.

"Oh I dunno tell ya later if I'm late again she'll kill me!" Kagome said turning to the flight of stairs and walking up to her first period class which was in A-101 the subject is English.

"Ah, Miss Higurashi glad to she that you're here before the tardy bell. Take your seats please." Mrs. Kaede Endo said as Kagome walked in.

"We'll be reading William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and we will also be doing a play later on with a neighboring all boy's school." Mrs. Endo informed her class.

Kagome rose her hand up.

"Yes Miss Higurashi?"

"Um, what school are we doing the play with?"

`Please don't let it be St. Paul's' Kagome told herself quietly.

"Ah I do believe it is, um, St. Paul's" Mrs. Endo informed Kagome.

`Of the entire damn schools around why St. Paul's?! I just hope Inuyasha doesn't get in the play!'

"And I've already chosen our Juliet." Mrs. Endo spoke and looked Kagome's way with an evil glare.

The whole class which was full of girls as the whole school was also became quiet.

"And our lucky winner is…Kagome Higurashi!" Mrs. Endo said wearing what Kagome could swear was an evil grin.

`It's pay back for being late to class huh?'

Kagome plastered a fake smile on her face.

"Can I ask who my Romeo will be?" Kagome asked wearing the still fake smile.

"Why I do think that Romeo will be played by someone from St. Paul's. And I've yet to acquire his name. I shall inform you all tomorrow," Mrs. Endo said. "Now let us being. There are Romeo and Juliet books located under your desks, please open them and we will start to read."

`My day can't get any worse, can it? I just hope Inuyasha doesn't play Romeo.'

~.~

Inuyasha was walking up to his first period class which was English.

`I wish my father would just send me to a co-ed school and not some stupid private all boys' school! I hate this school! To top it off this school's religious, damn it!'

"Mr. Nagahara! Nice of you to join us this morning. Sleep well?" Inuyasha's English teacher Mr. Myouga Kenmochi asked as he walked in about 20 minutes late.

"Nah my alarm kept going off and I remembered that I had to be here." Inuyasha said taking his seat.

"Like I was saying before Mr. Nagahara walked in, we're going to be doing a play from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet with Bishoujo Shikon High."

There were some hoots and yells from the other males in the class.

"Alright, alright, settle down. I've already just finished the list of who'll you'll be playing. And just to make things clear I was only choosing 10 from the beginning seeing as we are to do only a few important scenes. And the luck one's are with their role to be played: Lord Montague- Sesshomaru Nagahara, Benvolio- Shippo Tsujimoto, Mercutio- Bankotsu Enoki, Lord Capulet- Naraku Ikeda, Tybalt- Jakotsu Kusunoki, Paris- Kouga Mimura, Friar Laurence- Miroku Hayashi, The Apothecary- Juuroumaru Shindo, Prince Escalus- Hojo Kitagawa, and the greatest role of all, Romeo-Inuyasha Nagahara." With that last name read everyone including Inuyasha were speechless.

"Just so you all know I will be reading the list to all of my classes and yes there are some seniors to play the much older roles." Mr. Kenmochi informed his class.

"And who is the fair Juliet?" Miroku asked with a sheepish grin on his face.

"You're fair Juliet Mr. Hayashi, is the one named um, Kagome Higurashi." Mr. Kenmochi said reading a name off a piece of paper.

Inuyasha's eyes practically popped out of his sockets as did Miroku and Kouga who where looking at each other and back at Inuyasha.

`You mean that me and Kagome have to do all those lovey dovey scenes, together!' Inuyasha did what he thought was an audio gulp.

`My day can't get any worse!'

"Now open the books under your desks and we'll begin reading Romeo and Juliet." Mr. Kenmochi said.

`It just got worse!' Inuyasha said reaching under his desk for the book.

~.~

Kagome's day had gone by slowly. And she swore that every girl in school was giving her the look because she was to play Juliet. It was after school already and Sango had asked her to wait for her at her car after school. Kagome stood there for 10 minutes before Sango showed up.

"Hey you." Sango said as she came up to Kagome and took a seat on the hood of her car.

"So I heard the big news!" Sango said nudging her on the side.

"Oh, the Juliet thing? Mrs. Endo just did it to get back at me for being late to class." Kagome said shrugging it off.

"I got the stupid Nurse." Sango said putting her head down.

Kagome couldn't help but start laughing.

"You mean you're my nurse? My somewhat perverted nurse?" Kagome said laughing.

"Oh shut up!" Sango said smacking the raven haired girl in the arm.

"Now, good sweet Nurse, it draws late and my lady Mother calls." Kagome said climbing into her jeep.

"Alright, alright. Fine go home! See if I care!" Sango said laughing as Kagome peeled out of the school parking lot.

~.~

Inuyasha, Kouga, and Miroku sat after school in the quad.

"Ah isn't it a coincidence that Kagome is to play Juliet and you Yasha is to play Romeo?" Miroku said out loud.

"What coincidence is it Roku?" Kouga asked while Inuyasha kicked at the dirt.

`He don't know that me and Kagome went out last night.' Inuyasha said to himself.

Miroku went up and whispered something into Kouga's ear.

"WHAT?!" Kouga said getting up and standing in front of Inuyasha flaming with his fists curled at his sides.

"You and Kagome went out on a date?! How the f-why?" Kouga said still angry.

"Keh! Why do I have to explain my self to you wolf-boy?" Inuyasha said getting up and walking to his car.

As Inuyasha was walking to his car Kouga had an almost evil grin on his face.

"You do know that Kikyo will be in the play right?" Was all Kouga said as he speed off in his black jeep.

Inuyasha's head snapped in the direction of where Kouga was.

`He's joking right? Ki-kikyo can't be can she? Didn't she move to America?' All these thoughts raced threw Inuyasha's head as he drove home.

~.~

It was 9:30 at night and Kagome was lying on her bed not sure if she should call Inuyasha.

`This is pathetic here I am in the middle of the night deciding if I should call him.'

All of a sudden Kagome's phone rang and not wanting to be desperate she let it ring once more before picking it up.

"Hello?" Kagome spoke into the phone.

"Hello is Kagome home?"

"Yes this is her. Who's calling?" Kagome asked.

"It's Inuyasha, Inuyasha Nagahara."

"Hey you how you doing?"

"Great I guess, how would you feel if you got the role of Romeo for some stupid play?"

"I don't know how would you feel if you got Juliet for some stupid play?" Kagome countered.

"Oh that's right you got Juliet." Inuyasha said more to himself than stating it to Kagome.

"How do you feel about us doing that?" Kagome asked quietly.

"I was going to ask you the same thing."

"I dunno I'm ok with it I guess."

"Yeah plus we got the kiss thing done already huh?" Inuyasha said smiling into the phone as he lay on his bed.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome said blushing on the other side of the phone.

A knock was heard on the lead singers' door and was opened to expose his brother.

"Little brother mother says to get off the phone she wants you asleep seeing as you were late to school today." Sesshomaru said and left the room.

Inuyasha sighed.

"Hey Kagome I'm sorry but I got to go. If you want I'll call you after you get off school tomorrow and maybe we can go to my house and start practicing our roles."

"That sounds good. Alright then, night Inuyasha." Kagome said into the phone.

"Good night, Kagome." Inuyasha said before he hung up the phone.

Kagome lay back on her bed and stayed there thinking a bit before she got up took a shower and changed into her pj's. At 10:30 Kagome began to nod off.

~.~

Inuyasha had a smile on his face once he hung up the phone with Kagome.

`You know what, I don't think I'd mind doing all those scene's with Kagome.' Inuyasha thought to him self as he lay on his bed.

`You know you'd rather it be Kikyo don't you Inuyasha?' A voice deep inside Inuyasha's head told him.

`That's not true! Me and Kikyo are over.' Inuyasha thought to himself.

`Or are you?'

`Shut up get outta my head!' Inuyasha told himself.

That night Inuyasha had a bad time trying to get to sleep. Those words kept replaying in his head all night, school tomorrow would be murder. Plus that early hang up with Kagome was pointless because he didn't get much sleep anyways. Around 12 pm there could be heard a light snoring as Inuyasha had finally fallen asleep. But to his dismay in 6 hours his moment of peace would be disrupted due to getting ready for school.

~.~

Authors Note: This chapter is a lot shorter then the other two but hope you enjoyed and I'm really really sorry that this chapter took so long! My keyboard broke and I've been busy with summer vacation, along with other things. I didn't know where to with this chapter so I just thought about the last thing we learned and Romeo and Juliet came to mind. Don't worry I'm not going to do the whole play just some important scenes. Got any suggestions I'm all ears. Don't forget to r/r! I love to hear what you guys have to say.