InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Punk Rock Love ❯ The Play ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Beautiful Punk Rock Love
By: Elizabeth Cabrera
Attention: I do not own Inuyasha and CO. Rumiko Takahashi does and I don't own the songs on here either or Romeo and Juliet.
 
 
::Chapter Six, The Play ::
 
“As you all know the play will be this Saturday .” Mrs. Endo told her first period.
 
There could be heard some groans from the class.
 
“Now in order to be prepared for the play on Saturday we will be having rehearsals all this week at St. Paul's auditorium.” Mrs. Endo continued.
 
Kagome raised her hand.
 
“Yes Ms. Higurashi?”
 
“What time is practice?” Kagome asked.
 
“Today at 5 o'clock.”
 
“What?” The whole class groaned
 
“Now don't complain you all must suffer for your art. Now back to Romeo and Juliet, take out your books please.” Mrs. Endo said opening her teachers' textbook of Romeo and Juliet.
 
::tink::
A small paper landed on Kagome's desk.
 
: Kagome,
Hey when's the next practice?
-Kikyo:
 
Kagome looked over to the pale skinned girl who acted like she was very into her book. Kagome quickly wrote something down and tossed it back her way, and continued to read along with the others.
 
~.~
 
“Hey mutt-face what the fuck do you think you're doing taking Kagome out on a date again?!”
 
“What's it to you wolf-boy? You leave “My Girl” alone.” Inuyasha said with a smug smile on his face.
 
“WHAT THE FUCK YA SAY?!!” Kouga said standing in front of Inuyasha fists at his sides.
 
“Kagome's my girl now, so, wolf-boy leave her the FUCK ALONE!!” Inuyasha said getting up and yelling at Kouga in the face.
 
All the while Miroku sat on the bench finishing his lunch and drinking some green tea.
 
“I don't believe you mutt-face.” Kouga said calmly, “Maybe I should call and see is what you're saying is true.” Kouga said with his arms crossed and raised eye brows.
 
Inuyasha smiled and sat back down.
 
“Go ahead, call her, and ask her.” Inuyasha said calmly taking a bite from his hamburger.
 
Kouga smiled. He flipped out his cell phone and dialed Kagome's number.
 
“Hello?” A giggly voice answered the phone.
 
“Kagome? It's me Kouga.”
 
“Oh hey what's up?” Kagome asked as she took a drink from her cherry Pepsi.
 
“I was wondering what you were doing this Friday.” Kouga said looking over at Inuyasha who had looked up at him.
 
“Um, I don't think I'm doing anything, why?” Kagome asked.
 
“You wanna go out on a date with me?” Kouga said smiling at the look on Inuyasha's face.
 
“I'd love to Kouga,” Kagome paused.
 
“Really?” Kouga cut her off before she could finish but she continued.
 
“But, I don't think Inuyasha would take that too well.” Kagome finished.
 
“What does Mutt-Inuyasha have to do with anything?” Kouga asked and Inuyasha smiled at the mention of his name.
 
“Well he's my boyfriend Kouga, I think that has a lot to do with it.” Kagome said.
 
“Oh, hey there Kikyo. Listen Kouga I'm really sorry but I got to go Kikyo's here and she wants me to look at her new bass, buh bye.” Kagome said hanging up the phone.
 
Kouga hung up his cell a shocked look on his face. Inuyasha meanwhile had a very smug look on his face.
 
“Told ya wolf-boy.” Inuyasha said finishing off his lunch.
 
Kouga balled his fists at his sides and there could be seen a giant fire growing around Kouga.
 
“Now I got ta go and pick up my girl later.” Inuyasha said hands in pockets and back swung on one shoulder.
 
“AH FUCK YOU NAGAHARAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!” Kouga said fire still around his body as he yelled at the receding figure of Inuyasha's back.
 
~.~
 
It was already after school when Inuyasha got to Kagome's and Sango's school. They were there sitting on the hoods of their cars talking and giggling. Kagome turned just in time to see Inuyasha pull up in their schools parking lot.
 
“You're chariot maladies.” Inuyasha said when he had pulled up beside them.
 
Kagome and Sango smiled.
 
“Yasha you're too silly.” Sango said climbing in the back of Inuyasha's car while Kagome rode in front.
 
“Feh!” Inuyasha sad pulling out of the parking lot on his way back to his school for the play rehearsal.
 
~.~
 
 
“Hello everyone if you all could please come closer.” Mr. Kenmochi spoke threw the microform.
 
All the students moved slowly closer towards the stage.
 
“Thank you. As you all know our little show will be this Saturday. And as preparation for then we'll be meeting here every day for about a couple of hours after school. Today we'll get to meet everyone and hopefully get started with the Prologue and Act1 Scene 1.” Mr. Kenmochi explained.
 
Kagome, Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku all hung out together. Inuyasha sat on top of the seat and Kagome sat on the seat. Miroku and Sango also sat down on the seats.
 
“I hope this won't take very long, I've got homework!” Sango said.
 
“You and me both, Mrs. Endo wasn't too kind to us when she gave out homework. I'll be up late tonight.” Kagome said.
 
Inuyasha rested his hands on Kagome's shoulders and Kagome looked up at him; giving him a small smile. Inuyasha looked down at her retuning the smile.
 
“Hey, Kag can I talk to you please?” Sango said looking at Kagome.
 
Kagome looked at Sango and understood their need to speak and in private. And she nodded moving with Sango away from the guys leaving them with confusing looks on their faces.
 
“What's up Sango?” Kagome asked when she and Sango were alone.
 
“Kikyo told me that after the play the battle of the bands will be held at a small café not far from here and she thinks we should sign up.” Sango said looking around as to see that no one was listening.
 
Kagome put her hands on her hips debating thoughts that went threw her head.
 
“If you guys think we'll be ready by then, then I'm all for it.” Kagome said once she was done thinking.
 
“Great! I'll tell Kikyo she said she'd be in the back of the stage.” Sango said running off to find Kikyo and tell her the good news.
 
Kagome walked back towards Inuyasha and Miroku where Kouga had now joined them and was sitting next to Miroku. Kagome sat back in the chair where Inuyasha was perched from.
 
“What'd Sango want?” Inuyasha asked once Kagome had returned.
 
“Oh nothing just a bunch of girl talk you know.” Kagome said smiling and waving the thought away as if it were nothing.
 
“So anyway battle of the bands is coming and I think we should go.” Kouga said.
 
“Feh, whatever I don't care." Inuyasha said returning to rest his arms on Kagome's shoulders.
 
“I think what Inuyasha is trying to say is that we should go for it.” Miroku said.
 
“Great! Its two days after this play at Harry's Café down by the mall.” Kouga informed them.
 
Kagome sat there listening carefully to what was being said.
 
“What'd you think Kagome?” Inuyasha asked the girl.
 
“Huh?” Kagome said coming back to reality.
 
“Do you think we're good enough to go to battle of the bands?” Inuyasha asked again.
 
“Yeah, you guys can do it!” Kagome said threw a big smile and a thumbs up.
`That's an understatement, they're really good! We're gonna have to practice extra hard.' Kagome thought.
 
“Cool! Let's do it you guys! You'll be there rooting me on right Kagome?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Um, actually Inuyasha, I'm kinda signed up already for battle of the bands.” Kagome said quietly.
 
“What?!” All three member's of the Shikon Hanyou's said looking at the girl.
 
“Hey Kag, come`re!” Sango said coming over.
 
“Sango, did you know Kagome was going to the battle of the bands?” Miroku asked.
 
“Yeah.” Sango said looking at Kagome who was giving her a weak smile.
 
“You know its called battle of the bands; it's not a solo thing.” Kouga said.
 
“And who says she doesn't have a band?” Sango asked her hands on her hips.
 
Inuyasha was looking at Kagome.
 
“You have a band?” Inuyasha asked.
 
Kagome nodded, “ Yeah, it's me, Sango, and Kikyo.” The last word caught Inuyasha off guard and he sat there shocked almost unable to move.
 
`Kikyo-Kikyo, how does Kagome know her? Kikyo…' Inuyasha thought.
 
“Alright kids lets get things together and start the practice.” Mr. Kenmochi said threw the microform.
 
Kagome got up and walked away quickly with Sango leaving the threesome to their thoughts.
 
~.~
 
“Two households, both alike in dignity, in fair Verona, where we lay our scene, from ancient grudge break new mutiny, where civil blood makes civil hands unclean, from forth the fatal loins of these two foes, a pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life; whose misadventure piteous overthrows do with their death bury their parents' strife. The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love, and the continuance of their parent's rage, which, but their children's end, nought could remove, is now the two hour's traffic of our stage; the which if you with patient ears attend, what here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.” Ayame read.
 
“Alright very good Miss. Fujiu. You might want to practice on you pronunciation a bit more.” Mr. Kenmochi said with a clip board in hand marking down her performance as did Mrs. Endo.
 
“Now we're going to move to the scene where Romeo first make's his entrance.” Mr. Kenmochi said motioning for Inuyasha to take a seat on one of the chairs provided on the stage.
 
A young boy around the age of fourteen with vivid orange hair came on stage his bright green eyes making him look all the younger. He was fallowed by an older looking version of Inuyasha, that's if Inuyasha were to stop showing any sign of human emotion and he was fallowed by a bubbly girl with short brown hair.
 
“See, where he comes: so pleased you step aside; I'll know his grievance, or be much denied.” The orange haired boy spoke walking beside Inuyasha's brother and the bubbly girl.
 
“I would thou wert so happy by thy stay, to hear true shrift. Come madam, let's away.” Inuyasha's brother spoke to the boy and the girl who nodded and left with him.
 
“Good morrow, cousin.” The young boy said walking over to Inuyasha who was sitting gloomy looking on the chair.
 
“Is the day so young?” Inuyasha asked with a melancholy voice.
 
“But new struck nine.” The young boy said.
 
“Ay me! Sad hours seem long. Was that my father who went hence so fast?” Inuyasha said facing the young boy.
 
Mr. Kenmochi cleared his throat and the two on stage turned to look at him.
 
“That was very good. Tomorrow we'll do the scene where Romeo and Juliet meet for the first time and we'll be getting your sizes for you costumes. Now go home and get some rest.” Mr. Kenmochi said.
 
The group of student's cleared out of the auditorium to their cars or started walking. Sango got a ride back to school with Miroku and said her good byes to Kagome and the rest of the group. Kikyo had already gone home because Kagome could not locate her and she didn't have anyone else to take her back to her school.
 
“Come on Kagome, I'll take you back to school.” Inuyasha said quietly walking in front of the girl.
 
Kagome didn't have time to say anything and so she fallowed. Inuyasha opened the door to his car for her then got in and turned the ignition. They sat there in quiet till Inuyasha broke the silence.
 
“Why didn't you tell me about battle of the bands?”
 
“I didn't think it was important. Besides we made our band just for fun I never thought of going to battle of the bands till Sango said she'd heard it from Kikyo. And Kikyo thought we were good enough to even consider signing up.” Kagome said looking out the window.
 
“I see. And what is it exactly that you do in this band?” Inuyasha said a small smile on his face as he looked over at Kagome.
 
Kagome smiled back as she looked over at Inuyasha whose face flashed as they drove, do to the street lamps casting light on his face but as soon as there weren't any his face was silhouetted making him seem eerily ominous.
 
“Isn't it obvious? I'm the lead guitarist and the lead singer, Sango plays drums, and Kikyo is our bassist.” Kagome explained.
 
“Is she any good?” Inuyasha couldn't stop himself from asking.
 
“Yeah, Sango has been playing drums for awhile.” Kagome answered.
 
“Not Sango, Kikyo, is Kikyo any good?” Inuyasha cleared as he drove up next to Kagome's jeep.
 
“She's good.” Kagome said slowly wondering why he would ask about someone he's never met before.
 
“Well, we're going to practice Friday after play practice at my house, that's you know if you'd like to come.” Kagome said getting out of Inuyasha's car and leaning in over the window.
 
“I'll see if I can go. See you tomorrow.” Inuyasha said as Kagome pulled back from the window and drove off.
 
Kagome got in her jeep and drove home.
 
`Well it wasn't the best ride with Inuyasha ever; I hope he's not sore about anything.'
 
~.~
 
The week had gone by real quick even threw practices. On Thursday everyone received their costumes and the backgrounds where being completed by today, Friday. And Mrs. Endo was on stage right now about to give an announcement but waited till everyone was seated. Inuyasha, Miroku, and Kouga took some seats to themselves as did Kagome, Kikyo, and Sango.
 
“Right then, as you all know tomorrow is the “Big Day”.” Mrs. Endo said once everyone had a seat and had their eyes or was at least paying attention to her.
 
“Tomorrow you'll all get here at noon to do some last minute adjustments, and then be let out once those last adjustments are dealt with. Please bring you're costumes with you tomorrow, there will be people here to do your hair and make-up so don't worry about that. The play itself will be promptly at 6:30. Alright then that's it for today you're dismissed.” Mrs. Endo said as she began walking towards Mr. Kenmochi.
 
People cleared out of the St. Paul auditorium to do whatever it was they were going to do. Kagome, Sango, and Kikyo on the other had we're heading to Kagome's house to practice the songs they had planed for battle of the bands. They had said when they'd gone to sign up that the limit was three songs per band and there were at lest twenty bands signed up, including The Shikon Hanyou's. That and they needed to decide on a name for their band.
 
Sango rode with Kagome seeing as she was to stay the night. Kagome's house was closer to St. Paul's than Kikyo's or her own house but Kikyo said she had something to do be some where before the play on Saturday.
 
“Hey did Inuyasha say he was going to come today?” Sango asked on their way to Kagome's house.
 
“Yeah, but he's going to be a bit late.” Kagome said turning into her long drive way that lead up to her house.
 
“That's what Miroku said too.” Sango said getting some things out of the back of Kagome's jeep.
 
“Yo, Kagome!” Someone said coming up behind them in a light blue mustang.
 
“Kouga's coming too?!” Kagome whispered to Sango as she shrugged her shoulders.
 
Kouga parked his car behind Kagome's jeep and got out.
 
“Heard mutt-face saying that we're to see you guys play today. Let me help you Sango.” Kouga said getting some grocery bag's they'd bought for today from Sango.
 
Kagome and Sango smiled and lead they way up to Kagome's house.
 
~.~
 
Kagome, Sango, and with the help of Kouga set things up in Kagome's backyard since they didn't have a garage. Sango's drum set was in place along with their three microphones that they had bought a couple of days ago. Kagome's guitar was still upstairs in her room.
 
“There we go.” Kouga said taking a look at Sango's drum set.
 
“This is a real nice drum set you got here Sango.” Kouga said taking a seat on Sango's drum stool hitting a few tones.
 
“Thanks Kouga, now can you move so I can warm up?” Sango said standing behind Kouga hands on her hips.
 
“Sure thing.” Kouga said getting off and letting Sango sit down.
 
“I'll be back gonna go get my baby.” Kagome said heading towards the house.
 
“I'll go with you Kagome.” Kouga said walking up next to Kagome.
 
“That's alright Kouga I can get it myself.” Kagome said while they walked.
 
“Then who's going to help you with the food and stuff?” Kouga said.
 
“Right, well then let's go.” Kagome said defeated.
 
~.~
 
Kagome, Sango, and with the help of Kouga arranged the snacks and the band stuff. Inuyasha and Miroku arrived after that.
 
“My lotus flower you look splendid.” Miroku said going over and giving Sango a kiss.
 
“Kags…” Inuyasha said going over to her and kissing her cheek.
 
“Hey you.” Kagome said hugging Inuyasha.
 
“Were the hell is Kikyo?” Sango said getting her cell out and dialing Kikyo's number.
 
`Hello?' A somber voice said on the other line.
 
“Kiki where are you? We're waiting for you here.” Sango said into the phone.
 
`I'm already on my way hold on ok.' Kikyo said with out much emotion.
 
“Alright but try and hurry ok?” Sango nodded and hung up her cell.
 
“She's on her way.” Sango informed the others.
 
~.~
 
They waited at least another half hour before Kikyo showed up. At the sight of Kikyo Inuyasha involuntarily stiffened. Her dead pale skin was fist noticed, and then her outfit which was a purple corset that showed a bit too much cleavage and a pair of shorts that weren't buttoned. Kagome and Sango grimaced at the sight of her.
 
“Sorry I'm late I had things to take care of.” Kikyo said in her emotionless voice.
 
“It's alright Kiki just let us know ahead of time.” Kagome said getting up from her seat next to the stiffened Inuyasha.
 
“Oh yeah Kiki this is my boyfriend Miroku, his friend Kouga, and Kagome's boyfriend Inuyasha.” Sango gestured to each of the males.
 
“Hey...Kikyo.” Inuyasha said looking at the pale girl with a far off look in his eyes.
 
“Yash you look slightly taller since last we meet.” Kikyo said voice still emotionless.
 
“You guys know each other?” Kagome said picking up her guitar.
 
“Oh Inuyasha didn't tell you? Yash you haven't changed keeping the past to yourself as always.” Kikyo continued a small smile formed on her face.
 
“Tell me what? Inuyasha what is she talking about?” Kagome said her face taking on a confused look as she turned to him.
 
“She…we…” Inuyasha stammered leaving the sentence open.
 
“We what Inuyasha finish your sentence.” Kagome said her voice shaking.
 
“Incapable of telling her are we? We dated until I left for America. But he was unable to let me go. He came to me many times once he knew I was back.” Kikyo spat her voice still holding not an ounce of emotion.
 
Inuyasha's face was shadowed from sight. The others were silent. As for Kagome her whole body shook. She dropped her guitar and ran up to her house where she ran up the flight of stairs to her room.
 
“You asshole Inuyasha and you're a bitch Kikyo get the fuck out of here you too Inuyasha take her and leave!” Sango said running after Kagome.
 
“How could you do such a thing to Kagome?” Miroku said looking at his band member in disbelief.
 
“I thought you had better morals than that dog boy. You're low!” Kouga spat at him and turned to go inside the house and was followed by Miroku.
 
“Why? Why did you say that, Kikyo?” Inuyasha said quietly face still shadowed.
 
“You could have said something. Why didn't you deny it? It's because you have gone to see me, I saw you in you're car outside my house.” Kikyo said as she walked towards her car leaving Inuyasha behind.
 
After standing there for a while Inuyasha turned to walk to his car.
 
`I could have said something…Psh like Kagome and the others would believe me…' Inuyasha thought as he drove home.
 
~.~
 
Meanwhile back at Kagome's Sango managed to get into Kagome's room.
 
“Honey, come on.” Sango cooed.
 
“He-he ch-cheated o-on me w-with K-ki-Kikyo!” Kagome managed threw tears and hiccups.
 
“Inuyasha's an asshole and Kikyo's a bitch for doing anything with him, and she's sooo outta the band!” Sango said.
 
Kagome put her head into the pillows and continued to cry. Sango sat at the edge of her bed and patted Kagome on the back.
 
“Come on Kags you can't kill your self over it, plus you're going to have to face them both tomorrow at the play.” Sango reminded Kagome.
 
“I-I'm not going to do th-that stupid play!” Kagome said.
 
“Kagome, the play is worth a chunk of our over all grade! You have to do the play or take classes during the summer and I don't plan on missing our whole summer vacation.” Sango said.
 
“Who care's, I'll make it up.” Kagome continued.
 
“Sweetie come on now I know as well as you do that you don't want to sit in a hot room all summer taking a class over just because you didn't do a couple of scenes from a stupid play. Plus it's only a half hour long. We're only doing some key scenes. Come on don't give them the benefit of the doubt of not seeing you there. You know what you're going to do?” Sango asked.
 
“W-what?” Kagome answered.
 
“You're going to show up to that play and you're going to show Kikyo and Inuyasha that you don't care. You're going to show them who's the stronger one.” Sango encouraged.
 
Kagome sniffed and nodded.
 
“Wha-what are we go-gonna do about the band? We al-already signed up at H-Harry's.” Kagome asked.
 
“We'll just get another bassist. I heard that Ayame can play really good. We can ask her tomorrow and drown you're sorrows with practice, practice, practice!” Sango said.
 
Kagome laughed at this seeming a little better than before.
 
“Thank you Sango, I don't know what I'd do with out you.” Kagome said reaching over and giving her best friend a hug.
 
“No prob that's what friends are for Kags.” Sango said hugging her friend back.
 
“Now I'll go kick the boys out so you can be alone.” Sango said getting up.
 
“No it's ok how bout the four of us watch a movie on TV?” Kagome sniffed.
 
Sango nodded and headed downstairs. Kagome walked to her restroom and washed her face from evidence of tears. Happy that she could no longer see signs of tears on her face and after a quick brush threw her hair she headed downstairs where her friends waited.
 
~.~
 
The sunlight peaked threw the curtains of Kagome's room causing Kagome and Sango both to awaken from their sleep.
 
“Morning.” Sango said from her sleeping bag that was on the floor by Kagome's bed.
 
“Good morning Sango.” Kagome said sitting up in her bed and stretching.
 
“How you feeling Kags?” Sango asked.
 
“A little tired and battered.” Kagome said a bit somberly.
 
“Well what do you say if we go to that yummy bakery down the street and have us some breakfast?” Sango taunted Kagome.
 
Kagome nodded her head.
 
“Alright then get your booty in the shower and I'll use the one downstairs okay?” Sango said getting up from her place on the floor.
 
Kagome smiled and rose from her bed and walked over to her restroom. And Sango walked down the stairs to the other restroom.
 
~.~
 
Kagome and Sango drove down the street to Chiroru's Bakery and took a seat near the window. Kagome wore some hip-hugger black dickies, a black midriff with a blue fairy on it and her hair was up in two pigtails. Sango wore some simple black dickies, a pink and green baseball shirt and her hair was in a high ponytail.
 
“So what do you want my treat?” Sango asked Kagome.
 
“Hmm I'm not to sure…how bout a blueberry and cream Danish, with a hot chocolate?” Kagome said.
 
“Alright, coming right up.” Sango said walking up to the front to place the order.
 
The man up front took Sango's order and handed it to her. Sango came back to the table with Kagome's order and a strawberries and cream Danish with a hot chocolate for her self.
 
“Thanks a bunch Sango.” Kagome said taking a bite from her Danish.
 
“No problem Kagome. Well its 9:30 right now we don't have to be there till about lunch time then we're let out to eat something before the play at 6:30 p.m., what do you wanna do till then?” Sango asked taking a bite of her Danish and drinking some hot chocolate carefully.
 
“How bout we hit up the mall? I wanna shop a bit.” Kagome suggested.
 
“Alright then we could use some shopping therapy.” Sango said as she and Kagome finished up their breakfast.
 
~.~
 
It was around 5 o'clock when Sango and Kagome came back from the mall.
 
“Woo we did a lot of shopping today, we're gonna clean out Hot Topic by the way we've been shopping. What time is it?” Sango said as they walked in Kagome's front door checking her wrist watch.
 
 
“It's around-oh my god! Sango it's almost five! The play starts in an hour!” Kagome said looking at Sango in disbelief.
 
“It's alright let me drive and let's hurry and get our costumes from your room!” Sango said grabbing Kagome's hand and running up to her room to pick up their costumes and running out the front door to Sango's car.
 
~.~
 
Sango and Kagome arrived in five minutes thanks to the way Sango drove. Mrs. Endo hurriedly made them dress and had some people from a fashion school do their make-up and hair. When they were finished it was almost six.
 
“Oh Sango, I'm so nervous! What if I mess up?” Kagome said as the lady finished her hair.
 
“Don't worry it'll be alright trust me.” Sango said placing her hand on Kagome's shoulder.
 
Kagome nodded and Mrs. Endo said it was five minutes till curtain call. This made Kagome and Sango all the more nervous.
 
“Good luck!” Sango said.
 
“Same to you.”
 
~.~
 
“Good evening ladies and gentlemen I am Ayame Fujiu, and I will be your narrator this evening. Here are the names of the cast and the role they will be playing: Escalus Prince of Verona- Hojo Kitagawa, Paris- Kouga Mimura, Montague- Sesshomaru Nagahara, Capulet- Naraku Ikeda, Romeo- Inuyasha Nagahara, Mercutio- Bankotsu Enoki, Benvolio- Shippo Tsujimoto, Tybalt- Jakotsu Enoki, Friar Laurence- Miroku Hayashi, Apothecary- Juuroumaru Shindo, Lady Montague- Rin Yoshikawa, Lady Capulet- Kikyo Hibikino, Juliet- Kagome Higurashi, and the Nurse- Sango Yasuko.” Ayame took a breath and began with the prologue.
 
“Two households, both alike in dignity, In fair Verona, where we lay our scene, From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean. From forth the fatal loins of these two foes A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life; Whose misadventure piteous overthrows Do with their death bury their parents' strife, The fearful passage of their death mark'd love, And the continuance of their parents' rage, Which, but their children's end, nought could remove, Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage; The which if you with patient ears attend, What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.” With that read the curtain drew and revealed Sesshomaru in elaborate old English attire as well as Rin and Shippo.
 
“See, where he comes: so please you step aside; I'll know his grievance, or be much denied.” Shippo said walking along side Sesshomaru while Inuyasha came out sitting on a ledge of a brick wall not knowing that that they were there.
 
“I would thou wert so happy by thy stay, to hear true shrift. Come, madam, lets away.” Sesshomaru said looking over at Rin who in turn nodded and they both walked away out of sight.
 
 
“Good morrow, cousin.” Shippo said to Inuyasha who was looking at him from his perch on the fake brick wall.
 
Kagome was watching this all go on behind the curtain. Her nerves were getting to her, how could she face Inuyasha after what went on at her house? How would she kiss him!
 
`Eeep!!! I forgot the kiss scene! I can't kiss him I'd rather kick his ass than kiss him!' Kagome thought biting her nails as she took a seat by herself.
 
Time past on with the play and it was time for the masquerade party to take place. Kagome was dressed in a plain white Kimono with light blue trimming, her hair was made up into a nice bun and her face was covered with a hand-held white and blue butterfly mask. Kouga came up to Kagome and asked her to dance with him he wore a sky blue kimono that went well with his eyes he and Kagome danced and laughed playing their roles as Paris and Juliet.
 
“What lady's that, which doth enrich the hand of yonder knight?” Inuyasha asked a servant that passed by as he looked at Kagome. Inuyasha was dressed as a samurai from feudal Japan.
 
`How am I going to kiss Kagome after what happened the other day? I bet she thinks I'm scum!' Inuyasha sighed as he watched Kagome and Kouga dance.
 
“I know not, sir” The servant said and walked away.
 
“O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright! It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night like a rich jewel in an Ethiop's ear; Beauty too rich for use, for earth too dear! So shows a snowy dove trooping with crows, as yonder lady o'er her fellows shows. The measure done, I'll watch her place of stand, and, touching hers, make blessed my rude hand. Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.” Inuyasha said moving closer to watch Kagome dance.
 
`She truly does look beautiful…what am I saying she hates the living crap outta me it's all this Shakespeare crap in my head right now that's all…though I wish I were Kouga right now dancing with such a pretty sight' Inuyasha thought to himself.
 
Inuyasha tapped Kagome on the shoulder and pulled her somewhat away from the crowd.
 
“If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle fine is this, my lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.” Inuyasha said moving his face slowly towards Kagome but Kagome backed away a little and place her hand flat next to his.
 
“Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this; for saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, and palm to palm is hold palmers' kiss.” Kagome said pressing her palm against Inuyasha's and looking him in his eyes the two seemed to be lost in their roles again and made everything so real and look so passionate.
 
“Have not saints lips and holy palmers too?” Inuyasha asked moving yet again closer to Kagome with their hands still pressed together but Kagome moved away again not too much though.
 
“Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.” Kagome nodded.
 
“O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do; they pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.” Inuyasha said eagerly looking Kagome in the face.
 
“Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.” Kagome said staying her ground and not moving.
 
“Then move not, while my prayers' effect I take. Thus from my lips by thine my sin is purged.” Inuyasha said as he kissed Kagome shortly and softly.
 
“Then have my lips the sin that they have took.” Kagome said a bit shocked moving her hand to her mouth.
 
“Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again.” Inuyasha said happily removing Kagome's hand from her mouth and kissing her longer and more passionate.
 
Kagome pulled away slowly he eyes dazed over with passion and smiled up at Inuyasha.
 
“You kiss by the book.”
 
“Madam, your mother craves a word with you.” Sango came and pulled Kagome away from Inuyasha but she wasn't listening and instead was looking at Inuyasha.
 
Time had pasted on again and Inuyasha and Kagome were now doing the balcony scene.
 
Kagome was standing on top of a wooden balcony and leaning on the rim on it looking up at the ceiling.
 
“O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet.” Kagome said now looking straight ahead at anything unparticular.
 
“Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?” Inuyasha said to himself hiding behind a prop tree.
 
“Tis but thy name that is my enemy; thou art thyself though not a Montague. What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any other belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet; so Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd, retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, and for thy name, which is no part of thee, take all myself.” Kagome said walking back and forth on the balcony and wrapping her arms around her body and then resting her elbows on the edge of the balcony.
 
“I take thee at thy word: call me but love, and I'll be new baptized; henceforth I never will be Romeo.” Inuyasha said jumping out from behind the tree and walking towards the balcony.
 
“What man art thou, that, thus bescreen'd in night, so stumblest on my counsel?” Kagome asked becoming rather alert.
 
“By name I know not how to tell thee who I am: my name, dear saint, is hateful to myself, because it is an enemy to thee;” Inuyasha said quietly but loud enough for Kagome to hear him.
 
“My ears have yet not drunk a hundred words of thy tongue's uttering, yet I know the sound: art thou not Romeo, and a Montague?” Kagome asked looking over at Inuyasha over the balcony.
 
“Neither, fair maid, if either thee dislike.” Inuyasha said.
 
The play went on and on everyone was doing a great and working rather hard in making the play look and feel real to the audience. And Hojo was just finishing off the play with his last words…
 
“A glooming peace this morning with it brings; the sun for sorrow will not show his head: go hence, to have more talk of these sad things; some shall be pardon'd and some punished: for there never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo…” Hojo said as the curtains closed and the audience rose and clapped.
 
The curtains opened again to show the whole cast who were smiling and bowing and curtsying as family members and friends applauded. The whole cast had smiles on their faces and as time pasted they moved back to the back stage and removed their costumes and meet back in the auditorium for their dismissal. Kagome had told her parents that Sango was giving her a ride home so for them not to wait for her.
 
“Alright ladies and gentle men you've all done an outstanding job and worked very hard on this play to make it come out so great! Especially our Romeo and Juliet good job Nagahara and Higurashi your chemistry was very well done!” Mr. Kenmochi said.
 
Inuyasha and looked over at Kagome who glanced towards him but looked away quickly.
 
“Now you all go home and rest tomorrow's the last day of school and then you all get you well dissevered vacation!” Mr. Kenmochi said as the entire cast yelled happily and left the auditorium.
 
~.~
 
Author's Note: Hehe very very very sorry for the long wait! :: Bows head:: But I was having problem with my ex-boyfriend and then I had the sickess writers block ever!!!! Well in good news this is a nice long chapter! And next up is battle of the bands! Drama drama drama is all I can say soo stay tuned for the next chapter!! Oh yeah send in duets that you'd like Inuyasha and Kagome to sing together! R/R thanks!