InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ Potentially Problematic ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
 
Potentially Problematic
 
 
“He's an asshole.” Kagome seethed. Just thinking about that afternoon had her blood boiling.
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
“Ok, so first thing I have to do is ask you a series of questions.” Kagome started smiling at her new client; trying to be as friendly as possible.
 
“Feh.” was the only thing she got out of him as he frowned even deeper. She knew he didn't want to be here. But his friends were determined to get him involved with someone. And Kagome was getting paid to do it for them.
 
“I already know your name's Inuyasha Takahashi…so what's your sexual orientation?”
 
His eyes widened before he narrowed them in anger. “What do you mean by that?!”
 
“It's just a simple question, Inuyasha.”
 
“I'm straight! What do you think, stupid wench?”
 
She took in a deep breath to keep herself from losing her own temper. “Yes, ok then. Now what are you looking for in a woman?”
 
“Someone who can cook.” He retorted snottily.
 
Her eyes widened, “Is that all?”
 
“What else is there?” he asked nonchalantly.
 
“What about her personality?”
 
“I guess she can't be a total bitch.” He shrugged his shoulders.
 
“Ok, there's… something, I guess…anything else?”
 
“She has to look good.”
 
`Typical.' “Alright, any specific preferences?”
 
He smirked at her, “Just look in the mirror and find me the woman who looks like the opposite of what you see.”
 
END FLASHBACK
 
 
“But he's a hot asshole.” Rin retorted.
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes at her “best friend”. “How does that make a difference?”
 
“He's a hottie.” She stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world. “He may be a jerk, but even you have to admit he's cute.”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and smiled despite herself, “Those dog ears are adorable.” She admitted before quickly adding, “But he's still an asshole.”
 
“Yes, I get it. Asshole. Totally… Hey, shouldn't we be going to pick up Shippo?”
 
“No, he's going on a camping trip with Hiten, Manten and their kid sister Souten before it gets too cold. He'll be gone for the weekend so the guys just picked him up with Souten from school.” She said.
 
Rin's eyes widened, “You're really gonna trust those Thunder Heads with Shippo?”
 
Kagome raised an eyebrow at her. Hiten and Manten Taishi went to high school with Kagome and Rin. They were known as the Thunder Brothers because of their abilities as demons. Hiten was the incredibly handsome one, but he was also a total womanizer. Manten, while kinder to women… well, there just wasn't much to be desired with him.
 
Kagome didn't really talk to them all that much except for the occasional “Hello.” or “How are you?” At least until Shippo started going to school and made quick friends with Souten Taishi.
 
Rin, however, seemed to have some serious issues with them ever since Manten tried to cut off her hair as a sacrifice to some superior being whom he thought would make his own little bit of hair grow… not that Kagome could blame her, but still, that was high school.
 
“They take great care of Souten ever since their parents died, I'm sure I can trust them to take care of Shippo for one mesely weekend.”
 
“He's your kid.” Rin said turning on the TV.
 
It only lasted half a second before, “I can't believe he had the nerve to say that to me!”
 
Rin turned the TV off to listen to her friend vent out her anger concerning the sexy hanyou.
 
FLASH
 
 
“I can't stand the woman. She smiles too much.” Inuyasha griped.
 
“And why should I care?” Sesshomaru Takahashi inquired as he straightened out his tie.
 
Inuyasha growled, “Because you asked, dumbass.”
 
“I didn't intend for you to begin whining.” Sesshomaru replied in a bored tone of voice.
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“I think it was rather intelligent of those friends of yours to hand you over to professional hands. Perhaps this woman will find you the respectable woman you can't seem to find.”
 
“You're on their side?! You're my brother, you should be on mine!”
 
“Inuyasha, when have I ever been on your side? That last woman you were with was a disgrace, acting as though it were she who was superior to our family.”
 
“Leave Kikyo out of this.”
 
“I'm assuming you'll keep attending the agency?” Sesshomaru asked, ignoring his half brother's statement.
 
“I don't have a choice. Sango and Miroku are paying…” Inuyasha sighed, “and if I don't I'll never hear the end of it.”
 
“You're an idiot.”
 
 
 
This is a total filler chapter. I'm in the midst of a battle with writer's block. Thankfully, after this completely boring chapter, I think it's gone. The next chapter will be much better, longer, and it'll be up rather soon. I have most of it thought up already. Please review.