InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ First Match ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
AN: Sorry for the lack of update, Word wouldn't work for some odd reason. Anyway here is chapter two.
 
AN2: I've decided to change my writing to something a little more… professional like, I guess you could say. So you don't get confused I'll explain the changes. ---- will now represent the change in scene instead of FLASH and -- will represent the change of character focus in the same scene.
 
First Match
 
 
It was a Saturday morning and all Inuyasha wanted to do was sleep in. However the glaring sun in his eyes had other plans. He looked over to his clock, it was 12:45 p.m. He groaned.
 
He had to be at Blazing Hearts at two… he smirked when he remembered his last meeting with that stupid woman. She probably dumped him off on that Kagura woman or maybe even… his eyes snapped open.
 
If that happened he'd die. It'd be too much. He'd gladly take a thousand Kagomes so long as she didn't dump him on that Rin woman!
 
He thought Kagome was too perky but Rin… Rin was something else. Karma would probably throw him at her feet too for that last comment he made to Kagome…
 
`Look in the mirror and find me the opposite of what you see…' Ok, so maybe he was a little harsh when he said that.
 
It wasn't like she was ugly or anything, she was pretty cute. But she was too happy, smiling all the time… it wasn't natural and he was already in a bad mood.
 
He growled in remembrance as he reluctantly rose out of bed. She probably did dump him on Rin. She probably did it just to get back at him. He groaned in agony as he thought of what would happen from then on…
 
He'd be forced to listen to her chatter, then she'd make him dance to her stupid pop music, and, worse of all, she'd hook him up with a million girls just like her!
 
An involuntary shiver ran down his spine at the horror of it all.
 
----
 
“I don't see why you don't just let me handle him if he's that horrible.” Rin commented as she looked over Kagome's shoulder to the computer.
 
“Because Rin, Miroku wanted me specifically to find Inuyasha a girl.” Kagome informed her.
 
Rin raised an eyebrow before turning her attention back to the woman's picture on the computer, “But this is so mean.”
 
“So what? He's an asshole.”
 
“Miroku wants you to help him, not kill him.”
 
“She's not that bad. She can cook, she's not a total bitch, she looks great and she looks nothing like me.” Kagome smirked.
 
“She's psychotic and you're evil.”
 
“She's not psychotic; she's a healthy demoness with a slight fetish. Besides, she's also my client and all she wants in guy is great hair. They fit perfectly.” She smiled.
 
Rin narrowed her eyes, “I've had it with demons with hair fetishes.”
 
Kagome laughed. “Think of it this way, I don't like Inuyasha and I don't like Yura. By bringing them together I get rid of them both.”
 
Rin tapped her finger on her chin. “No more Yura to tell me I'm ruining my hair, that I'm using the wrong conditioner, that my hair is too brittle?”
 
Yura Miyazawa or Yura of the Hair as she liked to be called was a hair demoness. She wasn't exactly all right in the head, but she made up for it in beauty.
 
“Consider her gone.”
 
“All right, do what you gotta do, girl.”
 
“Glad you approve, I already set up the time and place where I'll be bringing him to her.”
 
“You sound like you're delivering a package. What if it doesn't work?”
 
“Then we move on. I mean, it's not like he gave me anything real to go on.” Kagome defended herself.
 
 
----
 
Inuyasha groaned as he parked in the parking lot of Blazing Hearts. He supposed he could quit… but then he'd have to deal with Miroku and Sango…
 
He shook his head. Ok, so they weren't the reason. He's was furiously jealous over their relationship… he wanted that for himself.
 
That was another thing he hated Kagome for. He hated that she gave Miroku what Inuyasha wanted.
 
But now, Kagome would give him that. Well, if she didn't give him away to one of those other women. So long as it wasn't Rin, he'd be fine.
 
He could quit if he really wanted to and he knew it. Sango and Miroku would be disappointed but he knew that they'd get over it; just like he knew that Sango's threats to him were idle.
 
He nodded, accepting the fact that he did want love. He wanted someone to heal what Kikyo broke. He couldn't find her so he'd have to trust the agency to find her for him.
 
Hell, if they could find Miroku a girl who'd actually marry him, Inuyasha shouldn't have any problems.
 
Correction, Kagome found Sango. According to everyone in Blazing Hearts, that damn woman was a magic maker when it came to finding love for people. And he blew it with his immaturity. He knew it, he accepted it. But he wasn't about to apologize. Hell, she couldn't be the only good matchmaker there, right?
 
But, if he was stuck with Rin, he was out of there.
 
He walked in the double doors and walked into the office area. Rin was talking animatedly with Momiji and Botan. And there was Kagome sitting at her desk talking with… his eyes widened as he saw Kagura sitting atop Kagome's desk, legs crossed and a sexy smirk planted on her blood red lips.
 
He knew that pose. Kagura was flirting with Kagome. He didn't know that the wind demoness was into girls. And Kagome was just smiling away chatting with her. She had to of known Kagura was flirting with her. Did that mean Kagome was into girls?
 
Normally, Inuyasha, like any other hot blooded male, would have been turned on. But the sight just pissed him off and he felt the need to pull Kagura far away from Kagome… Germany should've done the trick.
 
Inuyasha shook his head in shock. Why did he care if Kagura was hitting on Kagome? He didn't like her. In fact, he hated the wench… but, still, he wanted nothing more than to rip Kagura from that desk.
 
`Sango and Miroku are paying good money for Kagome to play matchmaker and I don't need her flirting with women on the job.' He justified himself.
 
“Hello, Inuyasha.” Kagome's voice snapped him out of his thoughts and back into reality.
 
She was standing right in front of him. When did that happen? He looked at her, she was wearing a short black spaghetti-strapped dress with black pumps; her hair was pulled into a ponytail, silver hoops in her ears and a black choker around her neck… Inuyasha had to step back. She looked hot… and sexy.
 
He blinked several times before he growled out, “What're you all dressed up for, wench?”
 
She rolled her eyes, “We're going to the Dragon's Cove.”
 
Inuyasha raised an eyebrow. The Dragon's Cove was one of the hottest night clubs in Tokyo. “Why would we go there?”
 
She smiled at him; at least she didn't give him to Rin, “Because that is where we meet your match.”
 
The tone of her voice didn't match the sweet smile on her face. And that scared him a little.
 
I have to end it here, my dad wants on. I'll post this up now so you all know I didn't quit. Sorry it's so short, I planned it for longer. Anyway, please review.