InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ The Untitled Chapter ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
AN: Just so everyone's clear. Back in the seventh chapter when I wrote “Germany should've done the trick” I didn't mean I don't like Germany, it just meant that Germany was far enough to send Kagura.
 
The Untitled Chapter
 
“You bitch!” Inuyasha shouted in anger as he stormed into Blazing Hearts.
 
“Excuse me?” Kagome asked, not exactly confused but a little ticked at the name calling.
 
“Yura! You left me with that psycho!” he paused for a moment, “Where'd the hell you go anyway?”
 
She shrugged, “It looked like you two were hitting it off on the dance floor so I called Rin to pick me up.”
 
Please tell me that he's only here to thank you for making his life complete!” Rin begged when she walked in and saw Inuyasha. She looked horrible; her hair was falling out of its side ponytail, she was breathing heavily, her clothes were a mess… she looked like she went through hell.
 
“You're late.” Kagome told her.
 
“I know,” she said, “but one of my fuses blew last night while I was sleeping and then I tried to catch a cab but this old guy kept hitting me with his cane until he got it, so I had to wait for the bus and I had to sit by this old woman who was hacking the entire way here while showing me pictures of her butt ugly dogs! Now tell me he and Yura are getting married and he's only here to invite you to the next wedding!”
 
“No such luck.” Kagura commented dryly. It was then Kagome noticed that everyone was staring nosily at her and Inuyasha. She should've realized it earlier, it didn't surprise her. These guys were the nosiest co-workers anyone could work with… not that she was any better.
 
Rin groaned in anguish as she stalked over to her desk. “Great.”
 
Inuyasha shook his head before he turned back to Kagome.
 
“So no sparks?” she asked when he opened his mouth to yell at her some more.
 
He sneered, “No, no sparks.” He mocked her in a horrible imitation of her voice.
 
“Not even a flicker?” asked Rin's hopeful voice. Kagome knew the only thing that would brighten her dear friend's horrible day would be to hear that Yura was out of her hair… no pun intended.
 
No.” Inuyasha growled low.
 
“Maybe if you went out with her again. These things don't always click right away, they take time.” She tried to reason with him.
 
“No!” Inuyasha yelled.
 
“Calm down, please.” Kagome spoke calmly.
 
“You knew she was a crackpot!” he accused.
 
“Yura is not a crackpot.”
 
“Beg to differ.” Momiji sang out.
 
“She tried to rip out my hair!” he shouted.
 
Botan, Momiji and Kagura snickered while Rin tried desperately not to burst out laughing. Even Kagome failed to contain the grin that found itself on her face. An image of Yura sitting on top of Inuyasha's shoulders and ripping out his hair popped into her head… it was just too funny to resist. “I'm sorry it was a bust Inuyasha, but she was all who was available. She matched your description of the woman you wanted, she can cook, she's beautiful and she's the exact opposite of what I see in the mirror.”
 
Inuyasha narrowed his eyes at her, “I knew it! This was payback! I knew you were gonna get me for that crack!”
 
She shook her head. “Not even, you're paranoid. I just looked for the woman you described. If you don't like it, give me a better, more accurate description. I need more to go on.” She said simply.
 
“I didn't know I had to specify no psycho chicks.” He remarked dryly.
 
She smiled. “Well, you do.”
 
----
 
“He seemed really mad.” Miroku said.
 
“You said you had quite a few busts before you met me.” Sango told him.
 
“But this Yura is insane!” he insisted.
 
“Inuyasha probably over exaggerated. You know he does that when things don't go his way.”
 
Miroku nodded in agreement. “You're right.”
 
“Besides, Kagome's a genius. You said so yourself, she never had one of her matches divorce.”
 
“But Inuyasha won't exactly cooperate. He doesn't even want to be there.”
 
Sango raised an eyebrow at him. “Do you honestly think we could've made him go if he didn't want to, at least subconsciously?”
 
“I guess…”
 
“No. No guessing. It's true. Inuyasha wants this and he knows it. That why we got him to go. He just doesn't want anybody else to know.”
 
He sighed. “I know. You're probably right.”
 
“I am.”
 
----
 
“Ok, so she has to be cute, nice yet spicy, fun, caring, and completely sane. Is that all?” Kagome asked after she read off his list.
 
“That's all I can think of.” He told her. He finally decided to take this seriously and when he did, he found he didn't hate this woman nearly as much as he thought he did.
 
“That's all right. It's definitely something to go on.” She nodded. “What about family life?”
 
“She has to be interested in mating, of course.” Inuyasha said in a matter-of-fact voice.
 
“Good. Now that'll help a lot, some women don't want children.” She said with a slight disdain edge in her voice when she said the last part. It was so slight he was surprised he even noticed it.
 
Why would Kagome feel disdain about the subject? The very thought reminded him that he knew nothing of the woman sitting across from him. He wasn't about to comment on it though. He was actually getting along with her… he didn't want to screw that up by asking questions.
 
After all, she was probably upset that she couldn't have children the normal way. Not with her being lesbian and all. He wondered if Kagura and Kagome were together. Did they just flirt with each other? Were they friends with benefits or was Kagome involved with someone else and Kagura was just being a home wrecker?
 
No. He couldn't ask such personal questions… not that early anyway.
 
----
 
“Mama!” Shippo shouted as he rushed through the door. He leaped into Kagome's waiting arms.
 
“Was camping fun?” she asked.
 
“Yeah! Me and Souten pushed Manten into the lake!” he said laughing; Souten joining in when she walked up to them.
 
Her eyes widened, “That's not nice, Shippo!” she scolded. She looked up at the Thunder Brothers standing in the doorway. “I'm so sorry Manten.”
 
“It's all right, Kagome. They're just kids.” Manten shrugged his large shoulders. Kagome smiled at him, he beamed back at her.
 
“Plus it was damn funny!” Hiten laughed loudly. Kagome gave him a half hearted glare.
 
“Would you guys like to stay for a while?” Kagome asked immediately throwing Souten and Shippo into a chant of whiny pleases, which didn't take long as Hiten and Manten quickly relented.
 
“I'll make some tea.” She told the adults as the children ran into Shippo's room. She smiled and looked at the brothers, “Thanks for taking him with you. He had fun.”
 
“Eh, it's no problem. The kid's kinda cool for a twerp.” Hiten told her.
 
“And Souten has a lot of fun with him.” Manten added.
 
She nodded and set the tea. Suddenly memories of Shikon High filled her mind. Spending time with the Thunder Brothers brought her back to that time. The three reminisced about the good old days; Manten chasing after Rin; Hiten playing all the girls… Kagome having the patience to deal with them.
 
Then the topic came up; the topic of Hiten and Manten's best friend… and Kagome's first love.
 
 
Kouga Urima.
 
 
Sorry it's been so long but I had a new video game I had to finish. Hope you liked it. Please review.