InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ Her First Love ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
AN: The first bit of info on Kagome's past…
 
AN: As part of my new professional writing, I will no longer write FLASHBACK for a flashback. When I write in all italics that will be a flashback or something someone said in the past. Anyway you should see the flashbacks coming when they come.
 
First Love
 
“I love you, Kagome.”
 
“I'm in love with you, Kagome.”
 
“You're mine, Kagome.”
 
“Wolves mate for life, Kagome.”
 
His words… his promises… She loved him. She loved him more than anything.
 
“I'm sorry, Kagome…”
 
He was sorry. Sorry for what? For lying to her? For making her feel special? Loved?
 
She shook her head as she led the Thunder Brothers and Souten to the door. Shippo was sent to bed after he gave her a kiss goodnight. Kagome thought of Kouga.
 
If he really loved her, wouldn't he have fought harder? Wouldn't he have waited? No… he became of age. He needed to mate. Kagome wasn't ready.
 
Ayame was, though. The pretty redheaded wolf demoness had been after Kouga for years. She finally got him. They mated. And he was sorry.
 
Kagome remembered him well…
 
 
“Souta, give that back!” the fifteen year old girl shouted at her annoying little brother.
 
“No way!” he yelled back as he ran away from his sister who was currently barreling after him. He opened the book he was holding captive and recited as he ran as fast as he could. “Dear Diary, Kouga is so dreamy! He told me that one day he would make me his mate! I'm so happy! I don't care if he's a demon, Kikyo can go to hell for all I care… when he looks at me with those deep pools he calls eyes I just can't- oof!”
 
Souta tripped over Buyo and Kagome marched over and ripped her diary from his palms. “Serves you right.” She told him. She looked down at Buyo and smiled at her fat cat, “Thank you, let's go see if we can get you some tuna.”
 
Buyo followed her into the kitchen. “Hey, Mom, where's the tuna?”
 
Mrs. Higurashi looked at her daughter, “Top cabinet, sweetheart.”
 
“Thanks.” She replied as she got the tuna out and scraped it into Buyo's bowl.
 
“Kagome!” her grandfather called, “Rin's here!” he told her. Kagome all but ran to the living room to see her best friend, her diary still in her hand. She saw Rin and smiled.
 
Rin was wearing the green school uniform just like Kagome, except Kagome's long hair was left down. While Rin's long hair was half up and half down. The two ran up the stairs to her bedroom.
 
“So, what's going on with you and Kouga?” she asked.
 
Kagome blushed, “He said he wants to make me his mate.”
 
Rin's grin grew wide, “That's so romantic!”
 
Kagome nodded, “I know… but there's a problem. I'd have to… you know…”
 
Oh, right…” Rin nodded in understanding.
 
“Yeah, I just don't think I'm ready for that type of intimacy. Not yet anyway.”
 
“Well, you have to tell him that.”
 
“I know, I will, he's taking me out tonight. I'll tell him that I want to be with him but I can't be his mate yet.”
 
Rin smiled, “Now that that's out of the way, what are you gonna wear?”
 
 
----
 
 
“You look beautiful.” Kouga told her. She smiled, she wore his favorite dress… the short white one with spaghetti straps and with it she wore heeled sandals and she curled her hair.
 
“Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself.” She told him. His hair was in his trademark ponytail and he was in a black suit. He smirked at her and offered his hand as he led her out of his car.
 
They had a lovely time at the restaurant, and then when they were done, Kouga took her to an empty beach.
 
They kicked off their shoes and he chased her along the beach some, she knew he was letting her win. Soon enough became enough and he caught her. Both falling and tumbling in the warm sand.
 
“I love you so much, Kagome.” He said as stared intently into her eyes.
 
“I love you too, Kouga.” He moved in and kissed her deeply. Their tongues battled for dominance. He pulled back, both panting for air.
 
“You know, I'm… of age… Kagome…”
 
“Of… age?”
 
“When a wolf demon turns nineteen it's his time to choose a mate. I need to mate, Kagome. I need to mate you. Please, will you be my mate?” he asked her with such sincerity, love and devotion in his voice.
 
He looked at her like she was his reason for living, he treated her like a goddess… she opened her mouth to agree immediately but the hand resting under her dress on her thigh stopped her. His thumb circled on her skin, making her shiver.
 
She shook her head and pushed him off of her. Kouga looked at her with confused eyes as she stood up. “I'm sorry, Kouga, I'm just not ready for that yet… I truly want to be your mate, nothing would make me happier, but can we just wait?”
 
Kouga stood up and reached for Kagome, pulling her into a warm embrace. Kagome knew he was frustrated, but he did his best to calm down for her sake and for that she was grateful. “I love you, Kagome. I want nothing more than to take you as my mate right here and now… but I don't want you to feel forced. I'll wait for you.”
 
 
----
 
Two months had passed since then and Kagome knew she could do it. Kouga had been patient with her and now she knew she could handle it. She could become his mate.
 
That was when Ayame walked up to her. She was a pretty wolf demoness with red hair pulled in pigtails and green eyes. Every one knew she had a thing for Kouga, so she and Ayame never truly got along.
 
Normally Ayame's face was twisted in jealousy and anger whenever she looked at Kagome. This time, however, her face was joyful and almost like she could laugh in her face.
 
That was when Kagome noticed Kouga next to her. He looked down and ashamed… she could tell he didn't want to look her in the face.
 
“Kouga?” He didn't look at her.
 
“You took too long.” Ayame said with a smile, “You took too long and now he's mine. Good thing too, he's better off with his own kind.”
 
“Kouga?” she asked again. This time he looked up at her, his eyes filled with despair and sadness.
 
“I'm sorry, Kagome.”
 
“No…” her eyes welled with tears, “you said you'd wait for me.”
 
“I tried, Kagome, I did. But I was frustrated and Ayame showed up, she was in heat…” his eyes pleaded with her not to cry, but Kagome couldn't help the tears that silently streamed down her face.
 
“Now what?” she asked in a broken whisper.
 
He looked at his feet, “I'm a wolf demon… we mate for life… even if it was a mistake, I have to honor that.”
 
He looked back up at her and took her hands in his own, tears filling his own eyes though he did not shed them… “I'm so sorry, Kagome.”
 
That was it. That was the end of Kouga and Kagome; the high school's cutest couple. And he was sorry.
 
She lied in bed and wiped her unshed tears from the past.
 
They were always sorry.
 
He was just the first on a long list of apologetic loves…
 
 
Took me forever but I finally figured out how I wanted to write it. It's kind of sad but I hope you liked it. Please review.