InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ Her Second Love ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
Her Second Love
 
It had been a few weeks since the incident with Rin and Sesshomaru; Kagome was over it. So her revenge hadn't quite worked out, that wasn't a big deal. She had a much bigger problem.
 
Her problem had a name. It was Inuyasha.
 
True that during the time she had spent with him, he had turned out to be less of an asshole as she had previously believed. He had his rough spots, but he was also rather charming in his own way. Yes, Kagome thought Inuyasha was charming and he was cute. Therefore red flags were waving rapidly in Kagome's mind.
 
Kagome found herself attracted to her client! Not only was that bad for business, but it was always a bad thing when Kagome became attracted to a man. She found herself thinking of Bankotsu…
 
It was a few years after she and Kouga had broken up. Kagome fell in love with a handsome young man she met in college. His name was Bankotsu; he had long black hair tied in a braid and the deepest blue eyes she had ever seen. He was romantic and in touch with his feminine side, he never pushed her to have sex and was very in tune with her feelings. He was everything she could wish for.
 
Kagome looked at her hand, where she wore a rather large diamond ring. She was actually getting married in just a few months! She was so excited. There was a knock on her door. “Come in.” she said.
 
“Hey, girl!” Rin greeted.
 
Kagome's eyes widened, “Rin, what did you do?”
 
Rin raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean?”
 
“Your hair…”
 
“Oh,” Rin laughed as she touched her long hair, which now had bright pink streaks going all throughout it. “I wanted to do something new and pink streaks just scream Rin! Don't you think?”
 
Kagome laughed. “I guess so. It really is pretty, it was just a shock, you know? I guess it's a good thing the Maid of Honor's in pink, huh?”
 
“Like I'd ever try to color clash your wedding, Kaggie.”
 
“So where's Toshio?” Kagome asked, referring to the red headed man who was practically attached to Rin's hip.
 
“Oh, I dumped him an hour ago.”
 
“You don't seem that broken up about it.”
 
“Nah, he was too clingy.” Rin shrugged.
 
The phone rang and Kagome picked it up. “Hello?”
 
“Hey, babe, what's up?” It was Bankotsu.
 
“Nothing much, what are you up to?” Kagome asked. She heard Rin making gagging noises behind her; she elbowed her best friend in the stomach.
 
“I was… um… actually thinking about us.”
 
“Really?” Kagome raised her eyebrows.
 
“Yeah, why don't you come over?”
 
“Um, ok. I'm on my way.” She hung the phone up. She looked at Rin. “What?”
 
“Leaving?” she asked.
 
“Bankotsu wants to see me.”
 
“Do you know who you are? You're a woman! Why are you answering to his beck and call? He doesn't do that for you.”
 
“He's busy, he's having a tough time.” She told Rin, who rolled her eyes in response. She ran a brush through her hair and threw on her tennis shoes. “I'll be back in a little bit so you can wait for me if you want.”
 
Rin nodded, “Ok.”
 
----
 
Kagome knocked on the door of Bankotsu's apartment. He answered, “Hey, Kags.”
 
“Hey, Bankotsu.” She smiled as he let her inside. “What did you need to talk about?”
 
Bankotsu smiled weakly and Kagome furrowed her eyebrows. “Is anything wrong?”
 
“I care about you, deeply, Kagome. I want you to always remember that.” He started.
 
Kagome looked confused, “I know; I care about you too… what's going on?”
 
Bankotsu began to look flustered. Kagome didn't like this. Whatever he needed to say to her, she wasn't sure she wanted to hear it. “Bankotsu?”
 
He closed his eyes, “Kagome, I love you, but I need to tell you-“
 
“Bankotsu, darling, did you tell her yet?” asked a feminine voice from the bedroom.
 
Kagome's eyes widened and Bankotsu looked at her with wide eyes. “No…” she whispered. He was leaving her for another woman, just like Kouga, and he couldn't blame it on instincts.
 
The owner of the voice walked out of his bedroom. It was a man, wearing lipstick and a bed sheet. Kagome's eyes filled with tears as she looked from the man to her fiancée. “I'm sorry, Kagome.” Bankotsu told her. “I'm in love with Jakotsu.”
 
Kagome shook her head rapidly, “You're leaving me for a man??” she asked frantically.
 
“Please, understand-“
 
“Understand what?? That I'm not good enough for you?? That I turned you gay?? Am I really that repulsive??” she screamed, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.
 
Bankotsu shook his head, “It's not that, Kagome-“
 
She cut him off, “How dare you do this to me! We were getting married! How could you do this to me?” she asked him, her voice getting lower and fainter. She shook her head, “Never mind.” She removed her ring and walked up to him, placing the ring in his hand. “I wish you happiness.” She whispered before she ran out of the apartment.
 
 
“Kagome? Kagome? Earth to Kagome!”
 
Kagome shook her head as Kagura's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. She looked at the smirking seductress on her desk. “Hey, Kagura.”
 
“You do know that Inuyasha will be here in an hour? Where are you, honey? You're here but you're somewhere else.”
 
Kagome shook her head, “Just thinking about the past.”
 
Kagura smiled, “Men problems? I told you, it's better to be with women.”
 
Kagome smiled, grimly, “I'm half tempted to agree with you there.”
 
“Sorry, I'm late!” Rin exclaimed as she ran through the doors. “Sesshomaru stopped by.”
 
Oh, and what did you two do?” Momiji asked coyly.
 
“New love, it's so romantic.” Botan said in a dreamy voice.
 
Rin laughed, “All we did was talk. He's so adorable…” she trailed off, walking to her desk in a dreamy daze.
 
Kagura rolled her eyes, hopped off Kagome's desk and went to her own. `Maybe Kagura has the right idea…' Kagome thought.
 
`Sorry…'
 
Oh, how Kagome hated that word.
 
Well, that's that. It's short yes, but that's all I can get out tonight. In other news, two loves down and two more to tell you about, but not right now; that comes later. It looks like Kagome plans to fight her attraction for Inuyasha; we'll see how that works out. Please review.