InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ She's Mine ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
 
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
 
AN: Something I've learned. College = Time consuming.
 
 
She's Mine
 
Weeks had passed and life went on. Kagome was happy and it seemed that things couldn't get better. Inuyasha was no longer a client, her son was positively ecstatic and she had a life outside of her agency once again.
 
The best part was… she wouldn't end up like Mrs. Tai. She smiled to herself. Things at Blazing Hearts hadn't changed so much. In fact, other than not handling Inuyasha anymore, nothing had changed. Kagura still continued to flirt with her and the sisters continued to gossip…
 
“Kagome?” asked a familiar voice.
 
She looked up; all she had seen were two large eyes before she promptly fell out of her chair screaming. She then felt something on her head, “It's on my head!
Get it off! Get it off! Get it-“
 
“Hiyoshimaru! Get off of her!” yelled the voice, she felt the weight leave her head and she looked up. It was a monkey in the hands of, “Amari?”
 
He grinned sheepishly as she looked at him with wide eyes. She quickly stood and brushed off her pants, suddenly thankful for not choosing the skirt. She looked around, Rin, Botan, Momiji, even Kagura, were all laughing heartily. She rolled her eyes and looked back at Amari. She really hoped he didn't want another date.
 
“Hey, Kagome.”
 
“It's not really sanitary for that monkey to be in here,” she told him.
 
“Oh, but Hiyoshimaru is very clean, I promise! And he won't leave my shoulder again!” he looked at the monkey, “Right?” It nodded its head.
 
Kagome looked uneasily at the monkey, before letting it go. “What do you need?”
 
“Actually, I need you… it's really embarrassing…”
 
`Oh, no…' she thought with dread. “Amari, I don't think-“
 
“I need you to help me,” he continued.
 
She blinked, “What?”
 
“You're a matchmaker and I remember how you were with that man. Even Rin said to go to you, I can't be alone anymore.”
 
Kagome blinked and looked at Rin, who shrugged and mouthed `Sorry'. Kagome ran her hand through her hair. “All right, Amari, sit down and let's get you started. What do you look for in a woman?”
 
----
 
“Naraku, would you sit down? You're making me dizzy,” Abi griped as she watched the irritated demon pace back and forth.
 
“Shut up,” Naraku told her before finally stopping in his stride. “Kagome denied me, yet again. First that human and now that hanyou…”
 
Naraku had made his way to Kagome's house, two weeks prior. He knocked on the door. It opened to a smiling Kagome, “Oh, Naraku! How are you?” She held the door wider for him to walk in.
 
“I'm doing well; I came to ask you if you'd enjoy another date.”
 
“Oh,” her eyes softened pitifully. “I'm so sorry, Naraku… but I'm with Inuyasha now.”
 
He remembered the last time he had tried to win her. He was consoling her after that Bankotsu incident. She denied him and he let it go, he'd have other chances, he had expected… and then he was called away for work and she told him she married in a letter.
 
Again, he accepted that. He was gone for a long while. He continued to stay in contact with the young woman and as years went on, he learned of her divorce. Naraku was hardly displeased with the news and he consoled her yet again. However he did not try to steal her heart that way again.
 
He returned to Japan and spent his time with her and her adopted child. It was then he attempted to move beyond the friend area she had placed him. He knew there was a deep attraction between them and it was only a matter of time before she realized it as well. He felt it when he first met her and so did she, he had noticed how she reacted to him on that day.
 
Then she met that man… that Suikotsu.
 
“When will she learn?”
 
“Learn what?” Abi wondered.
“That she is mine,” he told her. The question ran through his head, when had he chosen her?
 
Naraku walked down the stairs and saw Kagura lying on the couch, flipping through the channels of the television. “Where is Kanna?”
 
“I think she's over at Hakudoushi's.”
 
“Why isn't she here?”
 
“Because she wanted to, I'm leaving and no one ever knows what you're doing,” she answered irritably, not even bothering to look at him. He briefly entertained the thought of snapping her neck then and there.
 
Instead he asked, “Where are you going?”
 
“That's none of your business.”
 
He narrowed his eyes and walked up behind her, ready to grab her throat and strangle her until her eyes rolled into the back of her head. However he was interrupted by the door bell. Kagura had jumped up and over to it. He ran his hand through his hair.
 
The door opened and a girl walked through. He furrowed his brows before realizing that it was that girl from the other day. Kagome, he believed her name was.
 
“Where's Rin?” asked Kagura.
 
“She couldn't make it, something to do with psycho moms or something,” Kagome answered. She looked beyond Kagura and her face flushed. Naraku grinned, yes this was Kagome. He remembered her well.
 
“It's nice to see you again, Kagome,” he told her, charmingly. Kagura snapped her head at him and glared. Oh, it seemed his sister had taken a liking to this human.
 
“Thanks. You know, Kagura and I were going to see a movie. Rin, you remember her, isn't coming anymore so you should come with us,” she invited.
 
He raised a brow, she was a sweet girl and his sister's eyes widened. “I'd love to,” he said.
 
----
 
He had gone to torment his sister, but as time went on, he found his attention stolen by the little human. The movie they had gone to see was surprisingly gory; he expected Kagome didn't know it was so bad when she picked it out.
 
When one of the characters was stabbed through the eyes, she jumped and hid her face in his shoulder. He chuckled at her and she hit him, it hadn't hurt, but he was slightly shocked she'd done it. He could kill her easier than the killer in the movie and she probably knew this, but she still hit him. She looked up at him and glared, pouting. He smiled lightly, finding her antics charming.
 
He gestured her to look at the screen just in time for a blonde to be chopped in half. He looked at Kagome, whose face had drained of all color, and he grinned.
 
He wasn't sure when he'd fallen in love with her, but when he did he knew he would have her at any cost. He first planned to wait for her, but he later realized that waiting would not work. He would have to work and take her heart quickly.
 
He found that out when she began to date Suikotsu. He had fixed that though, but again he was forced to leave. He would fix this problem just as easily and this time he would make sure to stay.
 
“It doesn't seem that way to me,” Abi remarked.
 
He glared at her. “She just doesn't know what's best for her yet.”
 
“And you do?”
 
“I am.”
 
“But she wants the half-breed. What are you going to do about that?” she asked.
 
He looked at her. “I'll just call in a favor. I know someone who'd like to know what she's been doing.”
 
----
 
Kikyo's eyes widened slightly as the demon walked into her house. “What do you want?” she asked.
 
Like I said, I love Naraku, which means I love him as an evil asshole. In any case, here's chapter 22. Hope you like it, please review.
 
Peace,
Cat