InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Camp Koshin ❯ Kirara, Demon Kitty ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own no Inu characters.

Ya! I got more reviews! Thanx guys! Anyway, remember that reviews motivate me to write! ^_~ Also, to clear something up, Inuyasha has disguised his ears and claws, but not his eyes or hair. I know a lil' weird, but this is my fic so :P

Kirara, Demon Kitty

The group had gotten back to the Mess Hall at 1:00, as agreed, to find Rin's little surprise.

"Aww! It's so kuwaii!" the girls cooed over the Kirara, the cat Rin found.

" * sigh * Sessh, why'd you let her bring that thing back?" Miroku asked, massaging his temples.

Sesshomaru shrugged, "If I had known they would fawn over it, I would have left it."

Inuyasha had his arms crossed leaning against the wall, glaring daggers at Kirara, "Damn cat! What's so special about it anyway?!"

Kagome frowned at Inuyasha's rash behavior, "Your just mad because you lost to me at archery."

"You lost?!" Sesshomaru and Miroku blurted out.

Inuyasha glared at them in a way that could burn the devil, "Ya ya, the boy taking out the arrows was just weak."

"And my aim?" Kagome asked, a sweet-mischievous smile gracing her lips.

"Dumb luck," Inuyasha snorted.

"Well, whatever you want to call it, Kagome won," Sango said, giving Kagome a high-five.

"Girls, we got more important things, like a certain kitty…" Rin interrupted.

"Speaking of which, what's its name Rin?" Kagome asked, rubbing the cat's ears.

`Man, I wish she were rubbing my ears,'Inuyasha thought as a low purr set in his throat, `Wow! Where did that come from?! I don't let anyone pet my ears!'

"Inuyasha, are you ok?" Kagome asked. His face seemed to have relaxed but them screw up in confusion & anger.

Inuyasha realizing that Kagome must have seen his little display of emotions, and being Inuyasha said the only thing anyone would expect him to say, "Feh, I'm fine wench. When did I ever parade into your business?"

"Well excuse me for being concerned!" Kagome hmphed.

"…Anyway, the cat's name is Kirara," Rin said.

"That's perfect! Come here Kirara," Sango cooed.

Kirara ran up into Sango's lap and cuddled under her chin. Sango looked a bit surprised, but soon started petting her new furry friend, resulting in a purr from Kirara.

"It seems Kirara has taken a liking to you Sango," Rin teased.

Sango stole a glance at Miroku, to see a very jealous pervert ever so casually glaring at the cat. Sango decided to make this fun. She first kissed the top of the cat's head, which is normal in most animal lovers, but tensed up a certain lech. Seeing that her plan was working, and that Kirara was enjoying the attention, she decided to let the other girls help.

"Oh, look at Kirara's hair, Kagome. Isn't it beautiful?" Sango said, winking as casually as possible.

Kagome wasn't stupid, she caught wind immediately, "Oh yes, it looks so soft may I pet her?"

Rin, not wanting to be left out, joined in, "Me too! Oh, and look how cute she is! I think she's the cutest thing I ever saw!"

Of course, the two other boys were not at all happy with this.

They cuddled Kirara, much to her delight, and to the boys' frustration. Then Kagome did the one thing that would probably piss Inuyasha of the most.

"Oh, and look at Kirara's cute little ears! I wish people could have those ears!"

Time stopped. Miroku & Sesshomaru knew what was going to happen. Everyone looked at Inuyasha, they watched as his face when from white, to red, to an even darker red. Imagine their surprise when his face simply turned to normal and he walked out.

"What's with him? Is it something I said?" Kagome asked.

~*~*~*~

`Out of all the things she could have said, all the ways she could have worded it, she picked the one that reminds me of these,' Inuyasha said,up in a tree, twitching his ears, under the glamour spell he had used to cover them. He had to recover them every morning. He used to be able to change his hair & eye color too, but ever since he dumped Kikyo, he'd not been able to keep his temper down long enough to keep the spell from faltering.

"I-Inuyasha?"

Inuyasha, startled, nearly fell out of the tree. He looked down to see-, "Feh, what do you want bitch?"

Kagome looked like she was going to yell, but calmed herself down at the last minute, she was on a mission, "I just wanted to see if you were O.K. You looked like you were going to kill me, then you just left…without a word…"

Inuyasha looked down at the raven-haired girl, "Why should you care?"

Kagome looked up at him, "Well, I just thought that…it might have been my fault, and apologize if it is. I didn't mean to."

Inuyasha looked down at her in disbelief, `Of course it wasn't her fault! She didn't make him what he was! A filthy hanyou no one wants,' his ears drooped at that last thought. Kagome seemed to notice his sudden sadness.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked timidly.

"No Kagome! You can't help me! I'm just! …different.." He whispered the last part.

At that point Kagome just wanted tell him everything was O.K., so she did the only thing she knew she could do. She walked up to his tree, climbed up it, sitting very close to him mind you, and hugged him.

Now as you can, imagine this startled Inuyasha.

So slowly, timidly, he placed his arms around Kagome, and they slowly tightened. Kagome looked up at him, he eyes full of care. The kind of care you can see when you look into the eyes of someone you truly wants to help, the kind that shows you want to be by that person's side in their times of trouble and tribulation. This startled Inuyasha, but more than anything, he felt his heart beat for this girl. He realized, for the first time how truly beautiful she was. She was like a raven-haired goddess, her eyes a chocolaty-brown, her skin so fair. She was the very vision of beauty. What he didn't realize is that Kagome was realizing how handsome he was.

His silver hair pooled over his back, his forelocks elegantly draped to his shoulders, his bright amber eyes enticing her soul. The same eyes she had noticed her first day going to Camp Koshin. His tanned skin and masculine body structure could melt the hearts of the coldest women. Her eyes fell to his lips, and there they lingered.

Inuyasha snapped out of it before Kagome, he noticed her eyes falling on his lips and smirked. This snapped her out of it. She blushed 5 shades of red mumbling apologize and trying to raise herself off him.

Oh, but no, he wouldn't have that, he hugged her tighter, which made her freeze, and raise her eyes once again to his smirking face.

"* sigh * How sweet, don't you think Miroku?"

" Oh very Sango, when's your wager for the wedding date?"

"Oh, I'd say somewhere in May. What do you think Rin."

"I don't know. Sesshy?"

Inuyasha and Kagome sprung apart as if each other were on fire.

"Aww, is Kagome embawrest?" Rin teased in a baby voice.

"Shut up Rin," Kagome said, sliding down the tree.

"All right, Inu finally came on to Kagome," Miroku teased.

"I'm warning you, Miroku," Inuyasha warned.

~*~*~*~

"Well today was…interesting, don't you think Kagome?" Rin teased, changing into her PJs.

"Well, um-" Kagome started, but never got a chance to finish, because a large crack was heard from the boy's cabin.

"Look's like dear Miroku brought up today's escapades," Sango smiled.