InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Camp Koshin ❯ The Girl That Overcame the Wolf ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: * sigh * What I do for u peoples, I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in it * looks at readers * See what I go through?

Ok, I've decided, that instead of acknowledging my reviewers every chappy, I'll make an A/N chappy (I know, I hate them 2) thanking my reviewers! So thanx reviewers! You're a BIG help, and all you readers who don't review, you should be thanking them, `cause I wouldn't write at all if I didn't have reviews! ^_^ Ok, enough of my senseless gab, on with the chappy!

The Girl That Overcame The Wolf

The group managed to get Sango away form Miroku with only a few bumps and bruises. (all on Miroku of course)

"Miroku, it's youur fault for taunting Sango when you knew she was embarrassed," Kagome said matter-of-factly.

"Perv," Sango mumbled under her breath.

"I am not a pervert I just…enjoy discovering the female body," Miroku said with his usual calm. It looked like he was gonna get another round of lumps when-.

"Group 2! Role call!" Chioma yelled.

The group was confused, but obeyed none the less.

"Kagome Higarashi?"

"Here!"

"Inuyasha Youkai?"

"What?"

"Rin Luv?"

"Presents!"

"…Ok, Sesshomaru Youkai?"

"Here."

"Sango Hirakatsu?"

"Yes?"

"Miroku Houshi?"

"Here with my darling, Sango."

"MIROKU!!!"

"Ok, seeing as everyone's here, we're late, and don't need a trip to the nurse's office, let's go before we do," Chioma said.

~*~*~*~

"Wow, it's so pretty up here," Rin said looking around.

`I know what you mean,' Sesshomaru thought looking at Rin.

"Ya, I know, and look who I brought!" Sango said excitedly, opening her backpack, out stepped a little two-tailed kitten. (I'll give you a cookie if you remembered her!)

"You brought Kilala?!" Kagome all but yelled.

"Who's Kilala?" Chioma asked, not yet noticing the backpack.

"Oh, nothing, just a, uh…name we gave to my water bottle," Kagome said, pulling out her water bottle, "See?"

"Riiight, well don't yell so much, there's animal life here too," Chioma said, obviously not believing them, but turned around and kept walking anyway.

"Few," Kagome sighed.

"We named our water bottle?" Sango said, looking at Kagome, "Oh ya, she bought that."

Kagome was about to make a retort when soft mewing was heard.

"Oh, come here Kilala!" Rin cooed to the kitten.

"Did they have to bring her?" Inuyasha whispered.

"What, worried you won't have Kagome's full attention?" Sesshomaru taunted.

"Ye-I mean no! The cat just smells funny," Inuyasha said, fighting hard to ward of the blush that threatened to stain his cheeks.

Sesshomaru would have pushed the topic, when Chioma noticed an oncoming group, "Group 1 approaching, be on your tows, I never did much like Dajibo," she murmured the last part.

"Chioma? What are you doing on my hiking time?" Counselor Dajibo asked rudely, with a hint of malice.

"Well, Dajibo seeing as I booked the schedule for hiking, which was, need I remind you, checked by the Head of the Camp, Ms. Kaede," Chioma said, her eyes narrowing into slits.

"That's Counselor Dajibo to you, and I took it upon myself to…perfect the schedule," Dajibo said smugly.

Chioma would have shot back a retort had a certain raven-haired ex-girlfriend not noticed who was in the group.

"Inuyasha! You didn't tell me you were going hiking too! Oh this is great! We can finally get some time together!" Kikyo practically bounced.

"For the last time Kikyo, it's OVER, O-V-E-R, OVER!! So leave me alone!" Inuyasha barked. (No pun intended)

Kikyo was unfazed, "Oh, I think not. The girl you seem to be spending more time with looks just like me, with the exception that I am more attractive. Coincidence? I think not. You kept her as a little reminder of me didn't you?" Kikyo cooed.

Kagome was shocked, was that all Inuyasha thought of her as? A keepsake? Just to remind him of an ex-girlfriend? As if reading her mind Kikyo walked up to her while everyone else was momentarily stunned.

"That's right, girl, that's all you are to him. Just a reminder of our relationship, Inuyasha and me. So don't get any ideas, he's mine, he will never be yours." Kikyo whispered in a voice only Kagome could hear, to low for even Inuyasha.

"Kikyo, lay off, leave the girl alone!"

Kikyo turned to see who had interrupted her gloating. A boy about her age, stepped out of Group 1. His dark-brown hair was tied back, just enough to look masculine, his icy blue eyes were currently directed at her look alike. His muscles rippled under his tanned skin.

"This is none of your business Kouga, so buzz off!" Kikyo spat out his name like poison.

The boy Kagome knew as `Kouga' walked up to her, "Don't mind her, she likes to play mind tricks so no one can get their hands on her `precious Inuyasha', though I suppose dog turd deserves the wench, for not noticing the difference between her evil, and your beauty. I how ever, will and do deserve you." He flashed a handsome smile.

"Who are you calling dog turd wimpy wolf?!"

Kouga's smile immediately faded, and his icy-blue eyes clouded with anger, "You had your chance mutt! Now it's my turn!"

Kagome wasn't sure she liked this guy; he was talking about her like she was a possession, and she really didn't like the way he grabbed he hand protectively.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER!!" Inuyasha yelled, lunging at Kouga.

Kouga released her in favor of defending himself. Kagome ran out of the way, not so confident about Inuyasha's aim. So, as expected, what started out as a verbal fight, turned into a full out fight. It took all of both groups to pull the two vicious boys apart, which, also would have failed had Kagome not decided to stop it.

"THAT'S IT! STOP THIS INSTANT!" Kagome yelled at the top of her lungs, pulling both boys to a halt, "Inuyasha leave Kouga alone, Kouga, back off of Inuyasha!" Both boys did as told.

When peace was restored, Kouga regained his cocky composure, "That the best you got, Youkai?"

"Wanna find out, Wolff? Just 1 hit, I could kick your sorry-"

"That's enough!" Chioma stopped whatever future brawl this would lead to, "We need to get going, if we want to finish this hike before sundown, we need to go."

Just then Kikyo got a wonderful idea (A/N coughcoughyarightcoughcough), "What if we merge groups? That way, we could share the trail and no one has to go? And I can stay-I mean than the groups can stay together."

"I agree to that," Kouga seconded, winking at Kagome, causing a certain Youkai brother to growl in warning.

"What do you think Group 3?," Chioma asked.

Miroku, Sango, Sesshomaru, and Rin wanted nothing more than to see Kouga and Inuyasha clash over Kagome, for different reasons. Sango was hopping the attention Kagome was receiving from Kouga would make Inuyasha admit his feelings. Miroku wanted Sango's attention diverted so when his "wandering hands" took affect, she would be less likely to slap him. Sessshomaru and Rin for the had the same thing in mind as the other. (A/N I'll let you figure that out. ~_^) So naturally, they all agreed.

Dajibo agreed wanting to find some way to get Chioma out of the spotlight, she had always been Kaede's favorite.

"Chioma, don't! You know what happened when Inuyasha and Kouga are together!" Kagome pleaded.

"I don't wanna be anywhere that thing is!" Inuyasha agreed.

"Majority rules, Chioma," Sango reminded.

"We got two groups who wanna be together, with the exception of two members," Miroku seconded.

Chioma sighed and looked at her group, "I'm sorry…"

~*~*~*~

Who is she apologizing to? Will the groups merge? Yes, I did a cliffy, couldn't help myself! ^_^ * dodges flying objects * Yikes! I'll update soon…if I get reviews. :P Hey people, you control how fast I write, so review if you want to see my next chapter! The sooner you review, the sooner you get to see what happens! XP I'm evil…