InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Camp Koshin ❯ To Merge, Or Not To Merge? ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own Inuyasha! You heard me! I made him my personal slave he sits in my room, waiting for me to return from where ever I go. What are you people nuts?! Of course I don't own him, gullible people…

Welcome to the S. S. Sabriel, we anticipate a safe journey to the end of this chapter, but in case of collision with bad grammar and/or extra punctuation, the authors e-mail address is located on her profile. Meals today will consist of `Guilt ala' For Not Reviewing' washed down with our world famous `Shame on You'. DO NOT FLAME!! It could cause the author/captain anger, thus ending this story and your trip. Constructive criticism is permitted. Should you lean over the railing to far, falling overboard into the author's imagination, you will be left behind, because frankly, unless you reviewed, I don't give a damn. We hope you enjoy your stay aboard the S. S. Sabriel, we will cast of shortly, thank you, and have a nice life.

-.-`

To Merge, or Not to Merge?

Flashback

~*~*~*~

"I'm sorry…"

(A/N It's a short flashback, go with it!)

~*~*~*~

"…Kagome and Inuyasha, but Sango and Miroku are right, majority rules."

"NO, Chiomaaaa," Kagome whined, stretching out her name.

"Nope! Kagome, you heard the woman, we have to merge!" Rin exclaimed excitedly.

Kagome pouted, unconsciously turning Inuyasha on, who was standing right beside her.

"Stop the sulking Kagome, it doesn't suit you," Sango teased.

"So, Inuyasha, we get to merge," Kikyo said seductively, bumping Kagome out of the way with her hip, and ever so subtly letting her fingers crawl up his chest, "so we can spend more time together."

Kagome's eyes flamed at the way she was so rudely shoved out of the way. Her fingers vexed and she made a step toward Kikyo, "Kikyo-"

"If you ever touch Kagome again," Sango started angrily, "you will find yourself in a world of pain."

"I'd like to see you try. Of course, you'd have to go through my Inuyasha first," Kikyo said smugly, switching her gaze to Kagome when she said `my'. Inuyasha seemed to be holding on to his last thread of tolerance. So, it was only natural that the thing that would peeve Inuyasha the most, happened.

"Even if Inuyasha could beat Sango up, I wouldn't stand for my woman being tormented."

(A/N: If you guess who it is, I'll give you another cookie!)

That made Inuyasha snap, "SHE IS NOT YOUR WOMAN!!!" Inuyasha growled.

"WELL SHE SURE AS HELL ISN'T YOURS!!!" Kouga barked. (A/N No pun intended again.)

"Would you two please, STOP ACTING AS IF I'M NOT TWO FEET AWAY?!!!" Kagome yelled.

The two boys seemed to have forgotten they were not the only two in the world, and had just noticed the people around them.

"Oh ya, this is gonna be good," Sango murmured to Miroku, who nodded promptly, a mischievous grin playing on his face.

~*~*~*~

A/N Ok let's end it there! MWAHAHAAAA! I'm evil!

* sees begging readers *

* sigh * Fine, a little more.* mumbles * I wanted to be evil….

~*~*~*~

10 minutes later, the hike was back on schedule. Rin and Sesshomaru had unconsciously drifted within a fingers distance to each other, and were exchanging innocent touches such as brushing her hand against his leg, or gently holding her hand in his briefly.

Sango and Miroku were watching Inuyasha and Kouga growl at each other, slightly amused. Well, Sango was watching, Miroku was trying to find a way to grope her without Rin or Kagome noticing and stopping him before he could. Kikyo was practically hanging off Inuyasha, talking about meaningless topics such as how much she had missed him in the day they had been apart. Inuyasha's attention was directed to somewhere else though. Kouga had his arm linked around Kagome's bragging about something or another. Kagome, being the kind person she was, chatted half-heartedly with him, though her mind was elsewhere. Did Inuyasha only `deal' with her because of her resemblance to Kikyo? She glanced casually over to the topic of her pondering, to see he was glaring holes into Kouga. She laughed at herself for even thinking that. Inuyasha obviously hated Kikyo, why would he want to be reminded of her? But that nagging voice in the back of her mind, wanted to hear the actual words. Until then, it was obviously going to continue nagging.

"…so that's what my car looks like, really fast thing huh Kagome? Kagome?"

Kagome was snapped out of her thoughts, "Oh, ya Kouga, sounds…nice."

Kouga looked at her strangely, but continued anyway, `Probably just freaked out by the bitch.'

Meanwhile Kikyo, noticing where Inuyasha's attention was directed, decided to try a few tricks.

"Oh…I don't feel…so well," Kikyo put on a sick act, and fake fainted into an unsuspecting Inuyasha's arms.

Chioma, kind-hearted, and diligent as ever was the first to notice, "Kikyo? Kikyo! Snap out of it! Wake-up!" Chioma raised her voice in an attempt to wake the fake fainter.

Kikyo pretended to be dazed, "Wha? Where am I? Is that you Inuyasha?" Kikyo hugged herself to the stunned boy.

"Kikyo, I think you may have suffered from dehydration," Dajibo stated matter-of-factly, "I think we should rest for a while."

Chioma was doubtful about the girls sudden fainting, she would have shown symptoms before this point, "Counselor Dajibo, I don't think-"

Dajibo pounced on his chance, "What Chioma, do you think we should continue despite an ill patient? What would Kaede say?"

Chioma sighed, "It's about time we made a rest stop anyway, Groups 1 and 2, you may explore, but don't wander to far. I'll need two volunteers to stay behind and help Kikyo."

Kouga, sure that Kagome's kind-heart would get the best of her, volunteered immediately. In fact, he probably would have been right, had a certain Kikyo admirer not gotten in the way.

"I'll stay!"

"Why thank you, Naraku," Chioma said, surprised at the OOC Naraku.

Kikyo, noticing Inuyasha hadn't volunteered, sprung to action, "No, I'm feeling better! See?" Kikyo stood up and walked around.

Chioma, who had taken a liking to Kagome, and had noticed how she was treated by Kikyo, "Oh no Kikyo, this could be serious, you lay down and rest."

Kikyo discreetly glared at Chioma, who shrugged it off wearing and inside smile. Kagome mouthed a thank you only she noticed. Chioma smiled and nodded.

So the groups separated. Sesshomaru with Rin, headed to the lake, (A/N They had a lake, go with it) Kagome and Inuyasha to the cliff, which overlooked the valley, and Miroku and Sango (plus Kilala) and to the meadow. (The rest of the groups headed randomly, but they're not important.)

~*~*~*~

Sesshomaru & Rin

~*~*~*~

"Oh, wow Sesshy, it's so beautiful!" Rin exclaimed excitedly. The sun sparkled perfectly of the lake, giving it a mystical effect. Various trees spotted the bank, ranging from willow to pine. Brilliant white stones covered the water's edge. It was to say the least, breathe taking.

"Uh huh," Sesshy mumbled, not paying attention in favor of watching the childish smile play on Rin's lips.

"Sesshy? Are you ok?" Rin asked, tilting her head in a way that made her look even more innocent, if possible. Thus, adding to Sesshy's attraction to her.

"F-fine," Sesshy stammered in a VERY OOC fashion.

Rin starred at him for a minute, then shrugged, letting the topic fall. She looked at the pearly rocks, "I wish I could skip rocks, it's be the perfect time to use it."

Sesshomaru snapped out of his stupor, "You mean you don't know how?"

Rin shook her head. "Do you? Oh! Could you teach me?!" Rin clapped excitedly.

Sesshy looked at her and sighed, "All right." `How can anyone say no to those eyes?'

~*~*~*~

Miroku & Sango

~*~*~*~

"Aww, come on Sango. Pleeeeaaaaassee??" Miroku asked.

"No, no, no, no, no! I'm not going to pretend to be your girlfriend so you can dodge an ex!" Sango all but yelled.

She was approaching, he had to think fast, "I won't grope you for…an hour!"

Sango looked at him, "A month."

"4 hours."

"A week."

"A day."

"…Fine…"

Miroku smiled, "Quick! She's coming!" Miroku put his arm around Sango's waist and hugged her tenderly.

"Miroku? Hi!…Who's she?"

"Oh, hello, Kagura! This is my girlfriend, Sango."

~*~*~*~

Inuyasha & Kagome

~*~*~*~

"…Soooo…" Kagome said, in a desperate attempt to break the wretching silence that was eating her alive, "What's the deal with Kikyo?"

Apparently, that was the wrong thing to say.

"None of your business wench! I don't go barging into your personal life so don't mess with mine!" Inuyasha barked.

"Well, soorrry! I was only trying to make conversation and that bitch hanging of you was the first thing that came to mind!" Kagome immediately cupped a hand over her mouth in horror, what had possessed her to say that? Her eyes widened and she waited for it.

But to her surprise, and confusion, she saw a smile play on his lips, which, eventually developed into a chuckle.

-.-`

"Well, I suppose I can't blame you there. She did draw attention didn't she?"

"…Ya…" Kagome responded uncertainly, and that uncomfortable silence descended again.

"She's my ex, possessive ex, but still, my ex," Inuyasha said suddenly.

"Huh?" Kagome asked, clearly confused.

"You asked about Kikyo earlier right? Well, she's my possessive ex-girlfriend. I believe you saw us break-up at the bus stop? We break-up a lot, but normally end up back together." Inuyasha said calmly.

Kagome was, needless to say, baffled at his sudden mood change, but she wasn't about to risk him closing up again to pursue the emotion. For now, she was gonna gather clues to her Inuyasha mystery.

~*~*~*~

A/N, ok stop there, I'm bored of writing right now, and I guess giving you something is better than nothing. Anyway, review!