InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Camp Koshin ❯ Contest Revealed ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own Inuyasha, and no I am not delusional! Oh, look! A flying koala!

Hey peoples, do to the review shortage I have decided to shorten the chapters, MWAHAHAHAHAHA!! No, not yet but you peoples watch out, `cause the review shortage will soon affect everything! Including the length of my stories! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!! *runs off laughing manically*

Contest Revealed

Eventually, the group convinced Kagome and Inuyasha to sit at the same table. It took some pushing, bribes, a few threats, but soon the group was whole again. Well, whole in appearance, but emotionally, it was still broken.

"Hey group! I got great news! It's kinda bold but…you…might…enjoy it-what's going on?" Chioma asked, oblivious to the previous fight.

Rin, ever bold, was the first to answer, "Not much, Inuyasha and Kagome…"

Chioma nodded, understanding it was a touchy topic. She looked at Kagome whose arms were folded over her chest, gripping the flesh directly above her elbow. Her bangs covered the majority of her face, obstructing the eyes that surely held the tears ready to spill, yet the dams held, for now. Inuyasha was in not much a better state, he looked peeved, but had you known Inuyasha for more than a day you would see that he was concerned and confused. He looked ready to shred the first thing that moved so it seemed wise to stay back. His eyes looked slightly overfilled, as if he wanted to cry tears of frustration, but his ego was too large to allow it. Chioma's `great news' didn't seem as great, `All well, maybe it could lighten the mood.'

"Guys, do you wanna hear my news or not?" Chioma asked. Four heads nodded, two lay dormant.

"Remember, it is optional. Anyway, two days from now, on Friday, there's going to be a Vocal Contest. In other words, you sing a song and you get a chance to win a prize," Chioma explained.

"Which is?" Miroku asked.

"You and your group and counselor get to go to the beach over here! No one else will be there, it's a private beach. Anyway, before that you get to go to the mall to pick out new bathing suits and grab lunch. Any questions?" Chioma finished.

Sango raised her hand, "Chioma, you want to win, huh?"

Chioma seemed a bit startled by the question, but answered, "Of course! Who wouldn't want to go to a private beach and-"

"No, I don't mean that. You want to beat Dajibo don't you?" Sango added.

Chioma's eyes went wide and she blushed, "Am I that easy to read?"

Sango smiled and nodded, "Anyway guys, you all like Chioma right?"

The group nodded, "And ya all dislike Dajibo right?"

More nods.

"So let's do this for Chioma, what do we got to lose?"

The group agreed, even Kagome and Inuyasha looked up and nodded.

Chioma smiled, "Thanks guys, this really means a lot to me. Dajibo and me compete at everything, it's ok if you don't win-"

"Thanks for you're faith in us," Inuyasha shot sarcastically.

Chioma smiled, at least he got his spirit back, "-but give it your all, ok?"

The group smiled, even Sesshomaru managed a small change in expression. Kagome smiled sadly, she liked Chioma like a best friend, she could take one for the team. She wouldn't let a petty little dispute her and Inuyasha had get in the way. Mind you she still wouldn't talk to him…

"I'm calling off all group activities till Sunday so you can pick a song and practice," Chioma said.

"Ok, let's do it!" Miroku said, lightening the mood.

~*~*~*~

The group spent the whole day choosing their songs. It seemed an easy enough task at first, but in order to win, they had to find a song that was compatible with their individual voice styling. At least Kagome seemed to be back to her normal self, key word there seemed.

"Ok, I got mine!" Rin shouted.

Kagome and Sango looked up at her, "That's great, what is it?"

Rin smiled, "It's a secret."

Kagome stuck out her tongue, "You're mean."

This earned a giggle from both female recipients.

Rin looked at Kagome, "So what song have you decided on?"

Kagome shook her head, "I'm not telling if your not!"

Sango looked at her paper she had been brain storming on, "I got one, it seems to suit my purposes."

Kagome tried to see the paper, "I have a guess."

Sango hid the paper, "Well don't say anything yet! It's a surprise."

~*~*~*~

Meanwhile the guys were having less luck finding a song, except Sesshomaru, calm as always.

"I don't know why your obsessing over a song," Sesshomaru calmly stated, "It's not as if your life depends on it."

"Would you lay off?" Inuyasha yelled, obviously peeved.

"I was asking a simple question, no need to bite my head off," Sesshomaru said passively, not even batting an eyelash to his brother's rashness.

"Could you two kindly keep it down? Some of us are trying to find the perfect song for dear Sango."

(A/N Guess who that is)

The two brothers turned to look at the opposing male, "Jeeze Miroku, a little serious are we?"

Miroku sighed, "I cannot expect you to know about the affairs of the heart Inuyasha, but Sesshomaru, I thought you might have understand."

Sesshomaru gave Miroku a look of mild (VERY mild) shock, "How did you know?"

Miroku smiled, "Other than the fact that you no longer looked flustered when she was around you? It was obvious."

Sesshomaru gave a faint smirk, "Am I that easy to read, monk?"

Inuyasha was getting pissed, "What's going on?!"

Both boys turned to look at the irate hanyou, "You'll understand one day, little brother."

~*~*~*~

About 2 hours later, Chioma told everyone it was free time, and to roam as they wished, the group happily obliged.

When Sesshomaru walked over to Rin after the group went outside, he noticed she seemed sad, "Rin, may I ask what's the matter?"

Rin snapped around to look at him, "Oh me? Nothing I'm fine, peachy, never been better, fit as a whistle-mmph-"

Sesshomaru covered her mouth, "You do know you're a terrible liar don't you?"

Rin sighed, and Sesshy took his hand away from her mouth, "I'm sorry, it's just that the who situation with Kagome and Inuyasha is starting to get to me. I really want them to be together, and I can't help but feel it's my fault because it was my idea to have them talk."

Sesshomaru embraced her, "You were only trying to help, it isn't your fault that my brother's so stubborn."

Rin snuggled into his chest and nodded, "I know, but I can't feel completely better till their back with each other."

Sesshomaru sighed, it was just like Rin to worry about someone else's love life, "Come on let's go, their waiting outside."

Rin nodded, she looked slightly happier, very slightly, Sesshomaru looked at her worried face. He couldn't stand to see his Rin so miserable, `Well we'll have to do something about that. I have just the thing, I thought of a song for the show.'

~*~*~*~

Ooooo, wonder what he's plotting dun, dun, dun. Well if you wanna find out, REVIEW!!! Oh, and a head's up, there's going to be a songfic coming up in, the next, I dunno, couple chapters. Anyway, hope you enjoyed it!