InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Camp Koshin ❯ Let The War Commence ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: …o ya is it time again to come up with something random in place of the words `I don't own Inuyasha' the words I hate to say-a crap.

Hello all my wonderful readers! I'm debating with myself whether to make this a tragedy or not…hm…I'll decide later. Sorry I haven't been updating lately, I keep feeling achy every time I try to write, it's annoying really. Anywho! Here are the winners of the last game:

mira0683

Star Fire Kagome

Sango_Augusto

Dreaming_girl (This piece of crap isn't working!)

Tahiri

Kuroneko13

Orb

Wow! So many! Thanx guys! I won't waist words, except these ones: PLEASANTLY, enjoy!

Let the War Commence

The group arrived in the lower deck 1 minute before they closed the contest. Funnily enough, it seemed to be only the staff that was participating. In fact, they seemed surprised to see anyone arrive, but plastered on a Barbie smile none the less. Kagome noticed Hojo participating, and unfortunately, from the look on Inuyasha's face, so did he. Kagome sensed Inuyasha's possessive stance, she lightly touched his shoulder, he tensed, then relaxed under her touch, smiling gently down on her. The moment was, of course ruined by the announcer AKA Shippo.

"Ok! So we got everyone who's going to participate? Great! Let's get this show on the road!"

The girls went to the right side of the room while the guys went to the left, awaiting further commands. The girls had decided to name their team the `Tama's' due to the ships name, and the guys had deemed their team after much argument, (due pretty much to the fact that Miroku wanted them to be named the `Sexy Beasts') they were the `Youkai'.

"Well it seems we have a restless group today! Then I'll just get right to it! The first competition will be the skating competition, we'll start with the simple ones and start our way up! You'll all be skating at the same time, it'll start in 5 minutes because you gotta get your gear on. Ready? GO!"

It was practically a competition in itself to get helmets before the other team. Rin almost got trampled, but thanks to an anonymous hand that yanked her from the floor (and felt suspiciously like Sesshomaru's) she had all limbs in tact.

By 5 minutes, everyone was set and ready to go, so Shippo explained the rest of the contest, "Ok, so the object of this game is to stay up the longest, or till 12:00PM in which we'll award the most of whatever team gender is up the point. At 11:00PM you will be permitted to sit, tempting you to sleep, if you do, you're out. The Battle of the Sexes will last the most part of this cruise. Oh and just one more thing," Shippo held up an armband filled with sand, "To make things more interesting, you must wear these around your arms and legs. If you are found without your four, you're disqualified. The winners will be announced before tomorrow's competition. Is everyone clear? Good, GO!"

Once again, everyone swarmed to get their bands and on the rink, luckily, the girls learned their lesson, and darted through the crowds with more ease than their previous encounter. It didn't take long for everyone to be on the rink and showing their stuff, they even had music! Sango, Rin, and Kagome were skiing when Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sesshomaru skated up beside them.

"Oh, we got this one in the bag," Inuyasha cockily boasted to the girls.

Kagome raised and eyebrow, "Oh is that so? I hate to break it to you, but the girls are going to beat your male ego without breaking a sweat."

Miroku put a hand over his chest and looked at Kagome with an `I'm hurt' expression, "Sorry girls, but I agree with Inuyasha on one thing, we're going to win this, ego or no."

Sango put her hands on her hips and playfully pretended to be angry, "Well if you want that point monk, we're gonna make you work for it!"

With that she grabbed Rin and Kagome and skated off without letting the boys come back with a clever retort.

~*~*~*~

With ze Females

~*~*~*~

Sango, Rin, and Kagome chatted pleasantly as they skated around the rink. Kagome looked up at the time to see it was now 8:00! She was about to comment when a familiar song came on. She tugged Sango's arm, "Guys! Listen!"

How can you see into my eyes like open doors
leading you down into my core
where I've become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I've become

now that I know what I'm without
you can't just leave me
breathe into me and make me real
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I've become

Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life

frozen inside without your touch without your love darling only you are the life among the dead

all this time I can't believe I couldn't see
kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
got to open my eyes to everything
without a thought without a voice without a soul
don't let me die here
there must be something more
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I've become

(Bring me to life)
I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside
(Bring me to life)

Rin sighed, "That brings back such fond memories."

Sango slapped Rin playfully, "It's only been a couple of days! Don't say that, it makes me feel old."

Kagome laughed good-naturedly, but couldn't help but remember that night at the Music Competition; she blushed when she recalled their first kiss.

Rin looked concernedly at Kagome, "Kagome, you look a bit flushed, are you too winded?"

Kagome blushed redder, realizing Rin had caught her, "Oh, no, it's just a bit warm in here."

Sango smiled knowingly at Kagome, "Ya, especially if your thinking about a hotty."

Kagome's jaw dropped, "Sango!"

Sango laughed playfully at Kagome chassed after her, leaving a confused Rin to follow.

~*~*~*~

With la Seniors

~*~*~*~

The boys meanwhile, were devising a plan to beat the girls.

Sesshomaru whispered specifically, making sure they caught every detail. Miroku smiled evilly, which somehow turned into an innocent smile. Inuyasha stole at a glance at Kagome who had a glazed look in her eyes. He was momentarily curious as to why, and felt a flash of jealousy course through his body when he thought of Hojo. He shook it off, knowing he was just being protective.

"…So we all know the drill, right Inu?"

Inuyasha pulled his mind back to reality, "Wha…?"

Miroku sighed, "I said, Do you understand the plan?"

Inuyasha nodded, "It's dirt simple, the only person who couldn't understand it is Hobo, or maybe wimpy wolf."

Sesshomaru nodded, pretending only to have heard the conformation part, "Alright, so now all we do, is wait."

~*~*~*~

1…2…however many ours later, it was 11:00

~*~*~*~

The girls were beginning to feel the weight of the moving time. Their legs felt sore and achy; their arms drooped with the weight of the sandbags on their arms. They even felt the not-so-subtle pull on her eyelids, beckoning her to give in to sweep slumber. Kagome looked over to the boys, they weren't much better, `Good.' Somehow they drifted over to the boys. She was vaguely aware that someone said they could now sit. She gladly welcomed the rest. Kagome and Inuyasha sat on one bench, Miroku and Sango on the right, and Sesshomaru and Rin to their left.

Kagome put her head on Inuyasha's shoulder, "…Tired…yet?"

Inuyasha lazily shook his head, "Nt t'all," He slurred.

Kagome nodded, "M' either."

Kagome looked over to the other groups, Miroku and Sesshomaru appeared to be asleep, in fact, everyone was. She carefully looked up at Inuyasha, he seemed to have dosed off also. Kagome sighed in relief, and welcomed the warm cocoon of marshmallow land to envelope her once again.

Inuyasha felt Kagome's body relax and cracked open an eye. He smiled an evil smile and looked over to Miroku and Sesshomaru. Miroku gave him a thumbs-up and Sesshomaru nodded subtly. Inuyasha picked up Kagome as Sesshomaru and Miroku did the same. They were so drowsy, they didn't even remember carrying the sleeping girls to the room. Inuyasha laid Kagome down on one half of the bed before quietly plopping down beside her. He finally let his conscious mind slip into oblivious sleep, but not before sneaking one last look at the sleeping goddess next to him, and uttering two words, "I win."

~*~*~*~

See? It was worth it! Once again,, sorry for the wait, but at least you got it! Now I gotta go type up chapters for `Living Art' and `My Guardian Angel'. *sigh* The work never ends, but luckily, you people provide my fuel, REVIEW!