InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Camp Koshin ❯ Coed Contest #2: Laser Tag ( Chapter 24 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: "May a thousand kings smite your mother's cow!" Only two of my readers will get that, unless, *shifty glances* BEWARE THE DEMON DOG, HE WILL SLAY US ALL!!!

Hello my poor neglected reviewers. *sees mourning people* What you thought I's abandon my most successful fic? No! Of course not! It's only been *looks at last chapter* 2 months! Wow, I'm way overdue!………….Bored now!

Oh and if you're reading Kagome 14 if you're reading, about that little comment on Living Art?

"Whoo!! Inuyasha changing in a mall!! Oh... wait... he's MINE!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

and

"Ahahahaha!!! Stupid foolish mortals!! How DARE you ever think that Inuyasha is yours!! He is so mine it is only slightly funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *triumphant trumpets* WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I pity you, so delusional. *sigh* Some people just can't grasp the cruel reality….that Inuyasha is mine. BOW TO MY MAD AUTHORESS POWERS I SAY! For Inuyasha will never be yours MUAHAHAHAHA!

If you're not there I've had a lovely time talking to myself, Anywhoodles!

Here are la winners of le contesta:

Kitsu Kurasei

dmak

kasumi the vampire queen (a new reviewer, snaps for kasumi!)

Sango_Augusto

kornychic

Orb

Star Fire Kagome

DatChicAnna

lunar_girl

um, I don't know anymore...(angie) <------(seriously that's a reviewer)

Holy crap! The reviewers filled up a whole page! I feel loved!

READ THE FOLLOWING NOTE!!!

I have just realized that the gang has been on this boat for two damn long, so I was thinking about skipping the last couple days and just doing maybe 3 days, and arriving at the beach/island. What do you think? If you don't tell me I'll just take it as a yes, okay? Okay!

Ok, today's word: trance,! (I hope I only said that once ^_^') Buh-bye now!

Coed Contest 2: Laser Tag

(A/N If someone already had this idea, sorry, I just love this game!)

Kagome kneeled on the floor next to Inuyasha, "No, no, DON'T-"

Kagome was splattered with chlorine and pool water, "-shake."

Inuyasha smirked and stood with a triumphant air, "Next time, don't stand so close."

Kagome sighed, "I swear sometimes you're more than a dog than a human."

Inuyasha's eyes flashed playfully, "What did you say?"

Kagome matched his gaze, "I said you are like a dog, got a problem with that?"

Inuyasha strutted over to the bed, "Is that a challenge?"

Kagome's hand reached for something to grab behind her back, "You bet dog-boy."

Inuyasha pounced at Kagome before she finished her last word, Kagome shrieked, pulling something from behind her back at the last second, a pillow. She hit Inuyasha full on in the face, successfully diverting him from his destination, her. Inuyasha fell at the end of the bed and Kagome sprang from the blanket to stand in a defensive position on the carpet.

Inuyasha didn't move.

Kagome smirked at him, "Nice plan, but it won't work."

No movement.

Kagome, her pillow still in hand, put her hands on her hips, "You might as well give up."

Nothing.

Kagome was beginning to doubt that he was even breathing. She cautiously inched her way over to Inuyasha's position. He still didn't move. Less than an arm's distance, and against her better judgment, Kagome warily moved to poke his ear.

Wrong move.

Inuyasha grabbed her wrist and before she could so much as object he had her pinned. Kagome felt around for her pillow to no avail, she looked past Inuyasha's arm; the pillow was on the floor.

Inuyasha hovered above her mockingly, "Not going to fall for it, hm?"

Kagome wrapped her legs around his torso with lightning quick reflexes she had learned, ironically, from watching Inuyasha. Inuyasha, surprised, let his guard down just enough for Kagome to adjust her legs to knock away his arm, allowing her to roll off the bed onto the floor. Kagome immediately had her guard up, and snatched her pillow off the ground.

Kagome smiled a mysterious smile, "What's the matter puppy? Cat got you're tongue?"

Inuyasha grabbed a pillow, brandishing it as a shield, "Oh, you asked for it, it's on."

~*~*~*~

Miroku & Sango's Room

~*~*~*~

Miroku carried Sango, kicking and flailing, and bridal style no less, into their shared room. Miroku flopped her onto their bed unceremoniously, smiling like a fool. Sango ceased her angry fighting and glared at him venomously. Miroku laughed at her flushed cheeks and her angry expression.

Sango brushed imaginary dust of herself, "Why do I put up with you?"

Miroku shrugged, "Because you love me."

Sango snorted, "Ya, about as much as you love Kagura."

Miroku feigned a hurt expression, "What? Sango, I'm hurt."

Sango haled herself of the bed, "I like you, let's keep it there."

Miroku looked thoughtful for a minute before deciding, "I'll take it."

Sango grabbed a towel from the small bamboo cabinet near the bathroom, "I'm going to take a shower, and the chlorine makes me feel all sticky."

Miroku grabbed a towel behind her, "Good idea, me too."

Sango started into the bathroom, almost letting him in before she turned around, "My turn."

Miroku pretended to pout, "Sango, you said you loved me."

Sango wagged her finger in warning, "I said I liked you, don't push it."

With that she slammed the door, leaving Miroku to occupy himself. Miroku walked halfway to the bed, and then turned around, he was about to turn the knob when Sango's annoyed voice leaked through.

"Don't even think about it."

~*~*~*~

Sesshomaru and Rin's Room

~*~*~*~

Sesshomaru and Rin walked tiredly into the room. Rin flopped down on the master bed, groaning slightly at the ache in her legs. Sesshomaru, not the least bit fatigued, elegantly seated himself beside her. Rin lolled her head to the side to glare at Sesshomaru.

"How is it that I'm exhausted and you're not even winded?" Rin scoffed.

Sesshomaru waved his hand as if to brush away her glare, "I'm a demon, I don't tire like humans."

Rin tried ineffectively to slap Sesshomaru's upper arm, "Are you suggesting I'm weak?"

Sesshomaru looked at Rin then to Rin's fallen arm, "You pretty much suggested that yourself."

~*~*~*~

Rin's POV

~*~*~*~

Did he just call me weak? I may not be the strongest girl but I'm not weak. I swam really hard trying to out swim `My Lord'. It wasn't even a fair match.

I turned so that my back faced the offender, that'll show him. How do you like rejection `Oh Mighty One'? I was tired and already drifting off, I was just reaching semi consciousness when I felt warm, arms wrap around my torso. I, naturally, squirmed feebly and turned myself to face him. I punched him in the chest, thought I doubt he felt it.

"I'm mad at you," I said.

Oh I wanted to wipe that smirk off his face when he said, "No your not."

It was only then that I realized how warm he was, how perfectly comfortable it seemed. But it's not fair, he's cheating! I'm tired and he's too damn flawless! So what could I do? There's obviously no chance to break free, and when I thought about it, why would I? This was all I ever wanted it seemed. My eyes drifted close, there was no use fighting it, so I gave in. The last thing I remembered was his heartbeat, strong and sure just like he was, and as far as I'm concerned, that's the best kind of lullaby.

~*~*~*~

Kagome and Inuyasha emerged from their room, changed and clean (if not a bit disshelved) at 6:00 PM. They checked each room that their friends occupied. When Kagome opened Miroku and Sango's door she abruptly closed it. In the brief gap when the door was opened the hall was filled with angry yells.

"Miroku give me back my shirt!"

"You'll have to catch me first!"

"I need to change out of this robe you pervert!"

"You could change in here then."

"MIROKU!"

Kagome turned to Inuyasha shaking her head. Inuyasha gave her a questioning look. Kagome looked up at Inuyasha as if to say `You don't want to know'. Inuyasha shrugged and they made their way to Sesshomaru and Rin's Room. This time Kagome tensed up and opened the door slowly and only a crack. Kagome and Inuyasha flinched, waiting for noise to explode into the room, but the only sound that met their ears was silence. Kagome opened her eyes to peek inside the room. Her eyes softened at the scene, Rin lay, obviously asleep, in Sesshomaru's soft embrace, breathing feather light with her head curled under Sesshomaru's chin. Sesshomaru's softened expression hardened into his usual cold composure as he silently slid his gaze over to the intruders. Inuyasha peeked in over Kagome's head. He watched as Kagome's lovable smile turned to a slight blush at being caught peeking, then to his supposedly emotionless brother protectively stroking Rin's hair. Inuyasha smirked knowingly at his brother and closed the door silently.

As soon as the door was closed Kagome's blush started to fade, her eyes glazed over as a smile gently caressed her lips. Inuyasha awkwardly called her name, not knowing what else to do, what was she thinking about? Kagome snapped out of her trance and looked at Inuyasha in an innocently confused way.

"So," Inuyasha asked, desperate to break the silence, "now what?"

Kagome hurriedly regained her composure, "I don't know, they all seem occupied."

Inuyasha scratched the back of his head uncomfortably, "We could just take a walk."

Kagome nodded, "With all the excitement a walk sounds perfect."

~*~*~*~

Inuyasha and Kagome walked in silence along the ship's rail. Inuyasha watched wordlessly as people packed up their sunscreen and towels and made their way back to the rooms. Inuyasha noticed with some amusement that they were all staff. Two teens in particular caught his interest; they walked hand-in-hand to their presumed duties before the boy twisted her in front of him and planted a kiss on the nape of her neck.

Kagome, meanwhile, gazed dreamy-eyes at the slowly setting sun, the orange hues turned to deep red that merged with the bluish and purple shades making the sky some remarkable tapestry of eternity. It was an everyday miracle that only a camera could capture it seemed.

(A/N Sorry to ruin this touching moment but due to the overwhelming number of `yes' s, guess what I did? POV!)

~*~*~*~

Inuyasha's POV

~*~*~*~

"Inuyasha, look!"

I looked, first I saw the sunset, nothing new to me, but then I saw her. The sunset cast a new glow on her smooth complexion, the red accenting her lips with an innocently pure light. The luminosity seemed to be absorbed by her very being, only to jump back, full force, in much the same way as angel's caress. The sea breeze lifted her hair as if she were floating on an ocean of clouds in its accent to the only place that could justly fit her beauty. She looked at me as though worried for me, same Kagome, never forgets other people's feelings.

"Inuyasha, are you ok?"

I was in a trance, the only way to explain it. I wanted nothing more than to hold her in my arms like that strange boy on the boat. My stubborn demon side fought to regain my usual emotionally constipated side, but I shoved its nagging voice to the depths of my unconscious, and gently pulled her into my embrace. There was another voice in my soul, it softly urged me to want, to feel, to love. I barely knew this voice but it no longer mattered, I needed to be with her, I needed to love her. Somehow, in the little time we've been together, I'd handed every bit of my heart over to this high school girl leaving me totally defenseless to her love, and I liked it.

~*~*~*~

Kagome's POV

~*~*~*~

When I looked over to Inuyasha, he startled me. I aw his eyes, for the first time I think, completely unguarded. The trust and, dare I say it, love that radiated from his eyes made my heart melt and my legs turn to jelly. I asked if he was all right, at a loss for what else to say, but that seemed only to push him farther into whatever world he was in. It was then looking into his brilliantly amber orbs that I realized, I loved him. This was no high school crush or short love boyfriend. This was love, the thing songs were written about, the wonderful emotion I dreamed of, the thing philosophers tired to decipher, the thing novelist tried to describe, the sensation no one could seem to resist.

Here I was, my dream come true, love had snuck up on me unawares by way of silver-haired hanyou, and it was nothing like the storybook tales. This emotion could not be put on paper, or verbalized, or analyzed, only felt, and I felt it. I felt every fiber in my being that had tingled with the hunger for something I hadn't known of scream for love. So when Inuyasha wrapped his arms tenderly around me and drew me toward his lips, my being pulsed with joy, and I couldn't have stopped if I wanted to.

It's a good thing I didn't.

~*~*~*~

Inuyasha drew his face towards Kagome's, capturing her lips in a hungry thirst for something no one else could fulfill. Kagome interlaced her hands in Inuyasha's soft gleaming locks, pulling him down to her, trying to close any gap their may be between them. Inuyasha smiled slightly at her sudden fierceness, but was secretly glad of her courage. Inuyasha pulled away reluctantly, before he lost the courage he had to tell her how he felt.

"Kagome, this is hard for me to say, but I-"

"Attention! All those participating in the `Battle of the Sexes', report below deck immediately."

Inuyasha's courage flew away with the moment; he scowled savagely at the speaker. Kagome looked confused, up at him. Inuyasha glanced down at her, he looked pitifully alone for a split second before his rage kicked in.

"I'll kill that brat!"

~*~*~*~

After Kagome tried, to some avail, to calm down the fuming hanyou, they made there way to the lower deck just in time for the directions. Kagome easily found Miroku, the only person there wearing a red handprint. Shippo, as usual, stood atop a platform.

"As many of you are probably wondering, the current event is Laser Tag."

Excited whispers filled the usually silent hall, Shippo waited patiently for the noise to die down.

"This game, however, will be different from the last one. Each gender will be set into group of five per team. The girls and guys will face off, in the end the scores will be added, the sex with the highest score wins the second round, keep in mind there are only three rounds. Thee are two teams, the green team, and the red team, boy's red, and girl's green. Your equipment will include a gun and armor to alert you if you have been hit. Your life is the upper score, below that your ammunition. Each teams base can find ammunition recharge systems at their base. An extra 70 points is added to each team's score when the base is `destroyed', to destroy, fire five shots into the target on the ceiling in the base. 5 points for each hit, 10 for a complete death. Once your five lives are up, you're disqualified. Clear?"

The stadium of people nodded unsurely at the complicated explanation. Shippo, soon after, started calling teams. Groups 1-6 were picked before anyone from the Inu gang was called. Finally at group 7 they were called.

"…Group 7, Green Team: Kagome Higurashi, Sango Hirakatsu, Rin Denwa, and Yura Monogawa."

The girls smiled at each other, welcoming Yura into their group, momentarily. Yura seemed disconnected; she stared longingly at Sesshomaru and Inuyasha in a way that Kagome deeply resented and made Rin's blood boil.

"…Group 7, Red Team: Inuyasha Tetsaiga, Sesshomaru Tetsaiga, Miroku Houshi, and Hojo Hobo."

(A/N Sorry Hojo fans, I couldn't resist)

The guys looked at each other and nodded silently, before turning disapproving glares at the newcomer. Inuyasha seethed but for the good of his ego, hid it.

"How good a shot are you?" Inuyasha sneered.

Hojo looked up at Inuyasha with dislike, "Decent."

"I'm thinking defense," Miroku mock whispered to Inuyasha.

~*~*~*~

"3…2…1…Go…"

~*~*~*~

Girl's Side

~*~*~*~

The command was given through the metallic sounding speakers in the dark room especially made for laser tag. Luminescent paints splattered in random patterns along the mazes of walls, just big enough to be a sufficient barrier against view, but short enough to see the enemy base location. Random grill and barred windows dotted the maze walls in varying sizes and locations. The four girls were out before the last echo of `Go' had vanished from the area. Yura had been chosen to guard the base, Rin was supposed to patrol the surrounding area, acting mostly as a secondary defense, Sango and Kagome were to go into enemy territory and capture the base. Sango and Kagome split up so as not to be caught together, unbeknownst to them, the boys had a very similar operation.

~*~*~*~

Boy's Side

~*~*~*~

The boys took a bit longer at the base than the girls. Why hurry there's no way these girls could win laser tag. What the girls didn't know was that Sesshomaru, Inuyasha, and Miroku were not only good at this game, they ruled it. They practiced constantly at the laser tag center near their homes. Hojo was the defender, obviously, but unlike the girl's plan, Miroku intended to snipe the girls from the back, taking them by surprise. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were to take the base as many times as possible. After all, how good could 3 newbie girls be?

~*~*~*~

Sango's Side (Not POV)

~*~*~*~

Sango moved stealthily through the mazes with careful precision. Though hard to see in the dark, the vests both teams wore were painted brightly with the color of that team in bright neon glow in the dark paint, hard to miss. Still, Sango slid into corners, checked carefully for any resistance. She heard movement to her left, she hid in a corner of the maze as two red vests walked past her. Sango quickly shot both of them in the back, they whirled around to face her, they seemed surprised, but hurried on up the ramp that led to the red base. A metal voice sounded from their vests as they faded.

"Warning, 4 lives left."

Sango shrugged, their shield wouldn't wear off for another 5 seconds, and defending wasn't her job. She carefully found her way through the labyrinth of walls without encountering anymore red-vests until she reached the base. The defender was looking the opposite direction; he didn't notice her sneak up behind him. She shot him directly in the back; he turned around hurriedly, his armor going off. He seemed panicked as he tried desperately to shoot her though he knew full well he couldn't shoot when his armor was activated. Sango let he guard down, she ran directly toward the base, she shot one bullet into the hole on the roof of the base, then two, then three. She was so excited she realized her mistake too late.

"Warning, 4 lives left."

Sango felt her armor vibrating; she turned to see her attacker. She could only see his innocent smirk in the dim light, but she knew full well who it was.

"Gotcha," he said before watching her scowl and retreat into the maze.

~*~*~*~

Inuyasha's Side

~*~*~*~

Inuyasha slipped through the maze, slightly perturbed by the abrupt loss of life so soon in the game. Nevertheless he continued on his conquest for the base, Sesshomaru behind him, covering the rear. Inuyasha sniffed experimentally for any sign of the opposing team. No luck the fumes of glow paint and adrenaline masked every other scent. He slipped through the maze till he reached the base, Rin was to busy prowling the opposite area to notice the intruders, and Yura didn't seem interested in defending, she simply smiled in what he assumed was supposed to be coy. Inuyasha shivered and Sesshomaru took her out in one fluid shot. They both entered the base, each setting off 2 shots into the round whole on the roof. The lights flashed red above the green base, and as Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were retreating they heard an alarm going off much like an amplified car alarm followed by a sound like an explosion from the special affects speakers.

Inuyasha smirked and sped off to the right. Sesshomaru continued in a straight path, a red laser beam hit the wall next to Sesshomaru and Inuyasha laughed at Rin's aim. He set off to home base to restore his ammunition.

~*~*~*~

Sesshomaru's Side

~*~*~*~

Sesshomaru glided into the maze, ego slightly inflated by their current win. He heard the matellic voice over the speakers again.

"Score: Green: 15 Red: 80."

Sesshomaru nearly smiled, this was too easy. He turned a corner and came face-to-face with a Kagome. Surprised he lifted his gun to hit her, but she was ready, Kagome hit him straight in the chest before smiling and disappearing into the glowing hallways.

"Score: Green: 20, Red: 80."

Sesshomaru stood wide-eyed for a minute, but quickly recovered, after all, Red was still winning.

~*~*~*~

Kagome's Side

~*~*~*~

Kagome practically flew through the maze; Sango was at her side hungry for revenge. It never did cease to surprise her how competitive Sango was. They reached the base within seconds. Kagome took out Hojo-

"Score: Green: 25, Red: 80."

Kagome ignored the recorded voice over the speakers, Sango had already rushed into the base, Kagome hurried to assist her, she stopped short though when she noticed a red beam on Sango's back, Kagome looked around frantically for the enemy. Sango was poised to shoot the base, unaware to the danger; Kagome spotted Miroku, oblivious to Kagome, advancing on Sango. Kagome couldn't get a clear shot from here, and there was no time to get a better position.

"Sango-"

Kagome had barely chocked out the words when Sango put her gun on her shoulder facing Miroku, her back still to him. Miroku seemed surprised, and Sango shipped her head around, back still to Miroku.

"Gotcha."

Sango fired hitting Miroku square in the chest. Miroku's warning went up, he smiled and shook his head in amused disbelief before heading back into the maze, and after all he couldn't shoot for another 5 seconds.

Kagome smiled and they set of the alarm before Hojo's armor even deactivated. The girls exchanged hi-5's and slipped into the maze.

"Score: Green: 95, Red: 80."

~*~*~*~

(A/N I'm skipping some time because this is going to take forever, I've already written 12 pages!)

~*~*~*~

"Score: Green: 296, Red: 311."

So far Yura and Hojo had been eliminated. It was down to the grit, everyone had only one life left

(A/N If I did the math on the scores wrong sorry, I'm lazy.)

Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were somewhere in the middle of the maze, Miroku was at the base. Kagome and Sango were after Inuyasha and Sesshomaru leading them back to the base. Sango crept up behind Sesshomaru and fired before he had a chance to think.

"Score: Green: 316, Red: 311. Red player eliminated."

Inuyasha whirled around and shot Sango while Kagome darted into the maze toward the Red base.

"Score: Green: 316, Red: 321. Green played eliminated."

Inuyasha smirked and chased after her, but every time he got a good shot she'd dart behind something. He saw her slip into another hallway; he picked up his pace to follow her. He turned to see a gun raised to his chest, it was a trap, Kagome fired.

"Score: Green: 326, Red: 321. Red player eliminated."

Kagome smiled as Inuyasha exited the arena. She ran to the green base, knowing that if she shot Miroku, the game would be over. Kagome raced into the base, not expecting Miroku to be standing right in front of her. Kagome reached for her gun too late. Miroku shot his gun, Kagome felt the vibration, which only left Rin, and they might as well surrender. Kagome opened her eyes, Miroku was looking down at his own armor, obviously surprised. There, behind Miroku, stood Rin, gun still raised, smiling triumphantly.

"Score: Green: 336, Red: 331. Green Wins."

~*~*~*~

Less than 5 minutes later, the group had assembled in the main room once again. The girls (save Yura) were bragging excitedly and teasing the guys. The seemed more than a little humbled.

"What was that about being the best?" Kagome teased.

"Who rules this game?" Sango joined in.

"And let's not forget who won the game." Rin put in proudly.

"Feh." Was all Inuyasha could say.

"We still have one chance," Miroku said.

"What do you mean, we totally kicked your butt!" Sango exclaimed.

"By all of 5 points!" Inuyasha fumed.

Sesshomaru ignored his ego stricken brother, "That's right, if I remember correctly, Shippo said the scores would be averaged."

Rin's victorious smile fell slightly, "So you're saying if the other girls sucked, our win is for nothing?!"

Inuyasha nodded, ego once again inflated, "Alright! How good could they be?"

The quarrel was interrupted by a young voice, Shippo.

"The scores have been added," Shippo said excitedly, "and I'm proud to say the winners are-"

~*~*~*~

Haha! Cliffy, cliffy, watch out for the cliffy! Haha! I'm evil, but it's soooo fun. School starts tomorrow so I may not be writing for a while; to make up for it I wrote this 13-page chapter! Hachacha! Review!