InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Feelings Surpassing Time, Space and Life ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: A short enough chapter, but a fairly vital one nonetheless.

I don’t personally like her, but it’s necessary to have her in here if the story’s going to continue, so...

-crazy144 - Well I would certainly like you to continue reading, though I don’t know about crying. Unless of course you like crying, then by all means, cry your eyes out-- whatever floats your boat.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter!

Disclaimer - See all other disclaimers in existence and then apply them to this story and Inuyasha.   ~*~   Feelings surpassing time, space and Life

Kikyo stood on the cliff, her servants soaring around her, as she surveyed the wasteland before her.

Naraku’s demons had done their jobs well-- there was no sign of life or goodness anywhere to be seen or heard.

She stared coldly in the direction where the youkai’s castle lay, reaching her senses toward it, trying to learn what was on the demon’s mind.

It hit her so suddenly and strongly that it caused her to stumble, and she sank slowly to her knees, her breathing hard as she clutched her chest. The feeling wore off after a moment, but her heart continued to beat like the wings of those insects Naraku loved so much.

That feeling... such confusion...such despair... And for her to feel it so strongly meant it could belong to only one person-- Inuyasha.

Rising slowly to her feet, she gazed at the lands before her, eyes narrowed slightly. She could feel both the hanyou’s presence, and the youkai’s in the distance, both locked away in that damn castle and... Kikyo froze up as she perceived someone else.

A small smirk tugged at her lips as she realised who it was. So Lord Naraku had caught himself the reincarnation of herself, had he?

The could work only to Kikyo’s benefit.

Calling her servants to her with her mind, she raised her arms and allowed them to wrap around her body, lifting her slowly into the sky, pulling her toward the Demon lord’s castle.

Kikyo’s eyes were dark and her face determined.

She didn’t know what foulness Naraku had bestowed upon Inuyasha, but now was her chance to take him back from the wench who had thought to steal him from her in the first place.

It would be her hands, not Kagome’s, that would free the hanyou from the torture of Naraku’s grip and mind. Her, not Kagome, who would heal his wounds and his mind and soul and heart, would help him recover from the pain Naraku had inflicted. It would be her, not Kagome who would help love again... help him love her again.

‘I will get you back, my love.’ She vowed silently as the castle began to appear through the mists, the feeling of Inuysha’s presence growing in her mind.

‘I will get you back.’

END