InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Slipping Away ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: I’m back everybody!

Lol, did you miss me?

^_^

-Taneshia - Why would I do something like that? -- Because that’s just who I am! I live to torture characters like poor little Inuyasha, and this happens to be the current way my sadistic mind wanted to go after him. It’s nothing personal. ^_^

The spam letters must be easier to read on your comp, cause on mine it’s ###....##..####..######...... and it goes on like that for about fifteen hundred years-- it’s really hard to count out little dots and # signs over and over again. >_<

I don’t think this’ll be a Kikyo\Inu fic because I don’t like her. I don’t like her one bit and I want her to just die and STAY DEAD! But I need her in my plot at the moment because... well because that’s what my mind has decided this fic needs to make it move along, so there you have it. ^_^   ~*~   Slipping Away

Cold.

It was cold.

That was Inuyasha’s first warning that something was not right-- it was never cold in Naraku’s room.

Inuyasha’s eyes flew open and he sat forward, his hand instinctually going to his waist, grasping at the empty air there for a reason he could not fathom.

He froze, however, when his eyes fell across the creatures soaring gracefully around the room-- looking more like they were swimming through the air than flying.

Long, graceful, and snakelike, the creatures had strange fins on the sides of their heads, and six small leg-like things underneath that looked like they should be used to carry something. They glowed faintly in the dim light from the fire, and emitted strange, ghostly sounds that made Inuyasha feel strangely sad. His ears instinctually went back to try and block the noise out.

He watched the creatures, fascinated, feeling as though he had seen them before but not able to place where. One of them moved to the corner and wrapped itself around the sword Naraku kept leaning against the wall there, the one he had forbidden Inuyasha from ever touching.

Inuyasha started forward slightly to try and stop the creature as it pulled the sword up, but he couldn’t. Two of the creatures had come and wrapped around his waist, and when he tried to fight them, another joined, pinning his arms to his sides, stilling him.

They remained like that while Inuyasha thrashed and squirmed, trying desperately to escape, but only succeeding in wearing himself out.

Finally, he slumped back against the bed, powerless to resist as more of the creatures moved to wrap about his body.

He lay limp in their grip as they slowly began to lift him into the air, pulling him through the window which Inuyasha only noticed now was open.

He trembled slightly, but not from the coolness of the air. He was scared.

He didn’t know what these creatures were, or where they were taking him-- if they would simply drop him over the sharp cliffs that surrounded the castle and let him be skewered upon their jagged edges.

He silently prayed for his master to come and rescue him from these creatures.

It only occurred to him a moment later that maybe these creatures were Naraku’s.

Maybe he was being taken to be punished for something he had done wrong.

He wracked his mind but could think of nothing he had done, any indication that he had displeased his master.

But he must have done something... he must have been bad...

Inuyasha trembled again, terrified. The last time he had done something wrong, Naraku had tortured him for hours, sometimes letting his demon servants take over... and they could be even more malicious that his master at times... it would not be so unusual for these demon creatures to be taking him somewhere to be abused...

The combination of fear, confusion, exhaustion and despair were too much for him. The creatures were gentle, not wrapped too tightly around him, but he could get no air in his lungs.

He fell limp again in their grips, not bothering to fight the unconsciousness-- it would be a blessing if it continued until Naraku was done with him. Not that he was ever that lucky.

The soul-collectors weaved through the sky, instilling curiosity and a strange sense of sadness and fear into all those who saw them. The moved their bodies so that the hanyou was hidden from prying eyes below, and to all who saw, they were just strange demons soaring through the night-sky.

The one carrying Tetsusaiga moved, unravelled it’s body slightly and then released the sword completely, letting another take over the burden.

It soared up to move beside the hanyou’s head, before slipping off ahead slightly, moving toward it’s masters beckoning call.

END