InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Time to Wake to Sleep ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-inuyasha cute doggy ears - Lol, you don’t like him being a slave of Naraku’s but I bet if he was your slave you’d sing a different tune. ^_~   ~*~   Time to Wake to Sleep.

Gentle hands stroking his hair.

Inuyasha’s brow furrowed slightly.

That couldn’t be right. Not if Naraku was mad at him...

But maybe he was wrong. Maybe that was just another strange dream. Maybe his master wasn’t mad at all.

Slowly, he cracked open his eyes, and was slightly surprised at the dimness that met them. Naraku’s room was always lit by fire, strangely enough, it was never dark. His eyes slid closed again, not entirely sure he wanted to see whoever else it was that was in the room.

The hands touching him... they were soft and thin. Naraku’s were long, but that was the only similarity they shared with these hands.

Inuyasha’s heart immediately began to beat faster, and the hands upon him stilled.

‘You’re awake.’ A soft, deep, but unmistakably feminine voice said from somewhere above and behind him. Inuyasha tensed slightly as a sudden weight pressed over him, and then soft lips pressed against his own.

Confusion fluttered through him, because he knew these lips. Unconsciously, Inuyasha began to kiss back, trying to figure out why the body over him felt so cold.

After a moment the lips pulled away, and the body lifted off of him.

‘That is enough.’ The gentle, but firm voice said, hands again stroking his hair, down over his chest, making him shiver, but again, not from the cold.

‘These hands... their so familiar...but... so cold...’

Inuyasha opened his eyes again and was caught in two dark eyes holding a warmth that the body did not, but so... empty.

He frowned as he stared at the woman before him.

She was pale-- too pale, like she never saw the sun, and her hair was tied behind her, a few strands at the front loose and falling over her shoulders.

She was dressed as a priestess, but yet... there was something... wholly unnatural about her.

Inuyasha shivered again as her hands stroked over the bare flesh on his torso, the shiver quickly turning to a shudder and he cringed away from her touch.

The woman pulled back, and stared down at him coldly for a moment, before her face softened again.

‘You do not remember me, do you?’

Inuyasha hesitated, before slowly shaking his head. Remember her? How could he remember her? Had he ever seen her before in his life? But clearly he had, or his body would not remember her touch so well...

The woman’s face softened even more and she gently reached up and touched his cheek, and Inuyasha winced slightly, but didn’t pull away.

‘That is alright, Inuyasha. I shall help you remember.’

She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him up against her chest. Inuyasha sat tense in her arms, not knowing what to do.

‘Who... who are you?’ He asked tentatively, hoping he would not be reprimanded for doing so.

‘My name is Kikyo.’ She said slowly.

She pulled him back slightly and looked into his eyes, and Inuyasha could see the reflection of his emotions swimming through his eyes in his reflection in Kikyo’s.

‘Yes... you remember my name, don’t you?’ She said softly. Inuyasha eyebrows pulled up and in and he trembled, because he did remember the name... but it held no real meaning.

‘Do not strain yourself, my love. I will help you remember me... Just give me time.’

Inuyasha’s shoulder shook slightly as silent tears streamed down his face, because he wanted to remember. He wanted to remember so bad... But... did he really want this strange woman who had taken him away from his master to be the one to bring back those memories? This woman who called him “my love” and pressed her lips to his, but whose flesh was cold as eyes and eyes as empty as Naraku’s heart. This woman whose very presence made Inuyasha tremble in confusion and fear.

This woman who would keep him captive here, he was sure, until she achieved what she wished from him.

Did he really want to remember from her?

‘Shh.’ The woman said, touching her fingers gently to his forehead. ‘You are thinking too much, Inuyasha.’ A faint glow and then his mind began to grow heavy, the edges becoming black for the third time in a week.

‘Sleep.’ She said. ‘I will not let any harm befall you while your rest, my love.’

Inuyasha tried to fight it, to remain conscious, but it was hopeless. The priestess had some kind of magic working upon him and he had no strength to fight, no... will to fight.

So he let his eyes drift close, all his thoughts on his master, and what sort of punishment he would receive when he found him.