InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Gone ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: Don’t know what to say, other than I’ve got the theme song from Inuyasha “Grip!” stuck in my head, and it’s a little bit annoying (even though I love that song) because I have absolutely no idea what the words are. I don’t care that I don’t know what they mean, but I don’t know what they are so I’ve just got this tune playing on repeat over and over in my head. >_<

I did write a test today too and I am in a fairly dull and tired moon, so I think I’m gonna try and keep this short. Yeah, right. ^_^

Ms Smith - Well, I had the idea for Inuyasha being chained and collared by someone (not necessarily Naraku) in my head for a while, and it was starting to drive me nuts so I just wrote that one chapter. I never actually planned on continuing it myself, but you reviewers can be awfully insistent you know? -- How could I resist? -- And don’t worry, unless this worm that’s supposed to come out at midnight crashes and totals my computer, I’ll probably be updating quite regularly. ^_^

DISCLAIMER: This story belongs to me. Amaya belongs to me. Inuyasha, Kagome, Naraku, Kikyo, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kirara, Sesshomaru, Kohaku, the shichinin-tai (don’t know if they’re going to be in this fic) and anybody else associated with Inuyasha do not belong to me and I make absolutely no money off of them so do not sue me!

If you comprehend the above message then feel free to continue: ~*~   Gone

‘My lord.’ The servant said quietly, bowing his head in respect.

Naraku didn’t even look over. He stared out at the rain pounding outside, lighting and thunder crashing at the earth like it wanted to tear it open. He knew that this was not an ordinary storm, that some magic or other had to have caused it.

And he had an idea as to why it was caused.

He had seen the soul-collectors soaring away from his castle. He had seen them carrying the figure that he had later realised to be Inuyasha.

‘The hanyou... he is not in your chambers.’ The servant continued, hovering nervously near the door. He knew he was taking a risk in speaking without permission.

‘I know.’ Naraku said, staring out the window as the room was illuminated by a flash of lightening.

‘What form of action should we take?’ The servant asked. Naraku continued to watch as a sharp wind blew, strong enough to snap one of the dead trees around the castle and send it tumbling to the ground.

‘Nothing.’ Naraku said quietly.

‘My lord?’ The servant asked, a tinge of disbelief edging his voice. This was, after all, the great demon Naraku. Someone had taken something of his, or else it had left him, and he said to do nothing... the world may as well have stopped turning for the shock that these words brought the servant.

‘This storm... it is not natural.’ Naraku said absently, and the servant glanced out the window at the clouds swirling in large spirals overhead, threatening to drop down in twisters at any moment. ‘Some magic is brewing it.’

The lord turned his eyes toward the servant, who quickly turned his own back to the ground. ‘We will do nothing.’ He said, before looking back out the window. ‘If I am correct, it is the priestess Kikyo who has Inuyasha. Her magic will keep them both concealed from us, so an attempt to find them would be futile. However.’ A small smirk crossed the demon’s face. ‘If I am right she will be trying to bring Inuyasha back to her, restore some of his consciousness and undo all that which I have done. And she will be foolish to do so.’

‘My lord?’ The servant asked, eager to hear more.

‘The half-demon Inuyasha will not hurt the priestess, I don’t think. But he no longer has the feelings for her she desires him to have. He will not stay with her. And since we still hold his beloved Kagome in our dungeons, it is only a matter of time before the hanyou comes back to us. We will simply have to wait.’

He turned his eyes on the servant, who again looked away immediately. ‘Leave me now.’ He said, and the servant quickly bowed and began to back out. ‘And make sure that the guards no to be on the look out for the hanyou. They must not kill him, but he will be angry when he returns, and I do not doubt that he shall have to be subdued.’

The servant nodded quickly and left, shutting the heavy wooden door behind him.

Naraku turned slowly back to the window to watch the rain pound down in sheets.

In truth he had been angry when he had seen Inuyasha being carried away by those worthless worms. He had been enraged that anyone, anyone, had dared to take what he had claimed as his.

That had been the reason he had so hated Inuyasha. The hanyou had taken from him something he could never get back, and so he used the half-demon as a replacement.

However, now the hanyou was gone as well, and Naraku was left with nothing for all his hard work to dominate the half-demon. Nothing but time.

‘You will return to me, Inuyasha.’ He thought with a light smirk as a branch snapped off a tree and was hurtled against one of the castle’s walls. ‘You will come back to your master. And I will master you again.’

Outside the lighting cracked against the cliff wall, sending small stones crumbling into the courtyard and the wind howled angrily, the only response to the demon lords thoughts.

END ~*~

A\N: Well that’s it for now, now if you’ll excuse me while I go collapse in the middle of the floor and don’t move again for several days.