InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Remember Tomorrow ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: Ohayou everyone! Or Konbanwa-- depending on what time zone you’re in. ^_~

I finally got around to writing another chapter, and I think Kagome lovers will be a bit either very pleased, or very upset with it-- depending on how they look at it.

-InuKagome4 - Thanks! ^_^

-Ms Smith - Don’t worry, I didn’t forget him! In a couple more chapters you’re probably gonna be wondering where Kagome is. ^_^

DISCLAIMER: I own no one in this story but Amaya. The rest of the characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi and I make no money off of them. The story belongs to me, so do not steal\plagiarize\rip or attempt to sell (yes, that has happened before) it.   ~*~   Remember Tomorrow

Kikyo stared and the hanyou in despair and sorrow.

He had been conscious for nearly two days now, and he had done little save stare out the window, his eyes seemingly unfocused, ignoring the rest of the world.

‘Here.’ She said quietly, smiling gently at the half-demon, though he did not look over as she set the plate of food down, sighing at the other un-eaten one. ‘You must eat, you know.’ She said quietly, gently brushing the hair away from his face.

Her fingers felt metal-- cold, but warmer than most metal as it was heated by flesh and blood, it’s edges digging cruelly into the soft neck, abrading and chaffing it to no end.

‘I will take this off of you.’ She said quietly, running her hands around to the lock and clasp at the back. Her servants had broken then chain when they had first brought him to her, but they had been unable to remove the collar. ‘I will find a magic to reverse his and you can be free again.’

Inuyasha blinked and looked over at her, his eyes wide and sad and so, so lost, and it made the human part of Kikyo want to weep in despair. ‘Who am I, Kikyo?’ He asked quietly, his voice still strained even after all this time.

‘You are Inuyasha. A hanyou under my love and protection.’ She said quietly, but he shook his head, his ears going back, and his eyes widening further with confusion and sadness.

‘No.’ He said, shaking his head. ‘I know what I am.’ He said quietly, turning slowly away from her to look at the rain falling outside the window. ‘But who am I? I can’t remember anything, and I just... I feel so confused... so empty. I just...’ He sighed deeply, and closed his eyes, leaning his forehead against the window in defeat and desperation. ‘I just want to remember.’

Kikyo’s heart broke slightly, and she gently placed a hand on his back, ignoring the way he shuddered in response. ‘You will remember.’ She said gently. ‘I promise. I will help you remember. But not yet. You cannot remember yet.’ She said, her voice low as she reached down and picked up the plate of food. ‘For now... please just try and eat something. If you waste away and die... then you will never remember.’

Inuyasha stared up at her, tears in his eyes, but slowly, hands trembling, reached over and took the plate from her, sniffing at the food on it, his stomach growling loudly in response. It was merely some simple soup, but the hanyou downed it like it was the best thing he had eaten in months, and it probably was Kikyo reasoned after a moment of watching him eat.

When he was done he set the plate down and wiped his mouth on the back of his sleeve. She had taken away his fire-rat haori, for it was badly damaged and incredibly dirty and she would need more fur from the fire rat before she could repair it.

‘Thank-you.’ He said quietly, handing the bowl back to her, his hands till shaking, but not nearly as much as before.

She smiled and placed a gentle hand on his forehead. ‘You should sleep now.’ She said quietly, beginning a slow, soothing strand of magic to help lull him to sleep. ‘And do not fret, my love. You will remember. But not now. Save the memories for tomorrow.’

Inuyasha yawned widely, looking more like a helpless child than she had ever seen him, and he stretched, snuggling back into the pillows that littered the futon, his eyes drifting closed.

‘Sleep now, Inuyasha, and dream well. I will help you to remember.’ She thought as she stared at his peaceful expression.

Slowly, she got up and moved to the door, carrying his empty bowl with her as she slipped outside and shut the door, placing her sealing charms upon it again to keep all else out... and him in.

She stepped quietly down the hall, her mind still on his words, knowing that he was starting to remember some things on his own... some things she didn’t want him to remember.

Setting his bowl down gently on a table, she moved and stared out at the rain, using her powers to perceive Naraku’s castle in the distance, even though it should have been too far to see.

‘I will help you remember all that I wish you to remember.’ She thought as her eyes trailed a bird, a falcon of some kind or the other, flying low to avoid the thick miasma of Naraku’s, perhaps not being evil or strong enough to survive travelling through it.

She slowly turned away and began to walk back down the halls, her feet making no sound on the floor, for spirits did not have the power to make footprints or echo’s. They could change the course of the future, but they could not really live, and so... they simply existed.

But Kikyo was not going to accept that. She had worked to long and too hard, been wrenched back from death more than once... and she was not going to give in so easily. Not when everything she desired was finally within her grasp.

‘Yes, my love, I will help you remember,’ She thought as she passed by Inuyasha’s effectively sealed door again, pausing to stare at it and smile slowly. ‘And I will help you to forget.’ She thought, the sound of peaceful silence on the other side of the door her only answer.

END