InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Unexpected ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: MERRY CHRISTMAS, FELIZ NAVIDAD, and all that other stuff!

Sorry it's taken me so long to update everyone! Small case of writer’s block and insane refusing-to-work-right computer going on for me, so...

Anyway, Reviews:

-InuKagome4 - Lol, yep he does like his ramen doesn’t he? ^_^

-HigherBeing - Yeah, I was wondering when people were going to start asking about them. Don’t worry, they’re not forgotten-- none of the characters are (I don’t think anyway) (I’ve actually got more plans for characters that readers probably haven’t given much thought to)-- I just haven’t found a good place to include them yet. Don’t worry, I will though... just can’t say when. It’s complicated enough with the three separate story lines I have going on currently, but it will really make things confusing with theirs as well. That’s why it’s taken me so long to include them. ^_^ But I’ll get around to it... eventually...

DISCLAIMER -- HEY GUESS WHAT! -- I DON’T OWN INUYASHA OR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS FROM THE SHOW. I DO OWN AMAYA AND THIS STORY, BUT I MAKE NO MONEY OFF OF ANY OF THESE THINGS!   ~*~   Unexpected

Amaya paused in her flight as she felt something.

It was like a bolt of lightening hitting her as she slowly turned her head and spotted, what not ever her bird eyes should have seen, a pair of cold, dark, empty eyes staring over at her from a great distance, too great a distance for her to have been able to see, but some spell was connecting her to the lands of Naraku.

Swiftly, she turned, soaring in the direction of those eyes. She did not know how far away they were, how many mountains or trees the spell had allowed them to break through, but she had an idea of whose they were, and she wasn’t about to let this opportunity slip through her... fingers.

She had not decided yet who she would go to with this information-- Naraku or Kagome.

She should got to Naraku-- he was her lord, she served him and in return got to rule her lands without his interference. But something about this miko... intrigued her to no end.

Her and the hanyou she seemed so desperate to find.

For she had been there when Naraku had first captured the hanyou. She hadn’t been under

Naraku’s rule then, but she had seen it, the amount of trouble Naraku went through the catch him, the amount the hanyou struggled, and how hard Naraku worked to break him.

She had seen him escape several times, and it had taken Naraku days to find him again.

She had heard his screams of agony after when Naraku punished him.

The hanyou was powerful indeed, but could it really defeat Naraku?

She flew long, several hours must have passed, though there was no sun to mark the time, and then she saw it: The large, ornately made temple, carved into the side of the mountain.

As she approached a barrier crackled in warning.

She quickly swooped down, landing on the thick branch of one of the many trees that grew upon the mountainside, staring intently at the barrier.

Experimentally, she used her beak and plucked a feather from her side and let it flutter toward the barrier.

The barrier hissed angrily in warning, but let the feather pass through unharmed, and Amaya cocked her head to the side, smirking.

This was a barrier for demons alone, to keep out dark magic. Since she was not a demon, and used no dark magic to transform, the barrier had no reason to keep her out.

Spreading her wings, she lifted up and soared through the barrier, shivering slightly at the feel-- like walking through a sheet of icy water, only to come out dry on the other side.

She could sense the power now, the spiritual energy that came from that woman, and she avoided it, flew away from it, heading instead toward the other energy she sensed.

She perched gently on the sill of the window, staring in at the figure resting inside for a moment.

He was clad in a simple, yet elegant white, silk robe, almost the same colour as his hair, his eyes were shut, and his chest was rising and falling gently. A metal band rested around

his neck.

Gently, Amaya leaned forward and tapped her beak on the window, waiting for him to wake and acknowledge the sound.

It took several minutes before he finally cracked open his eyes, blinking around in confusion, before finally spotting her.

His eyes widened comically, and she could see the spark of fear in their golden depths.

She tapped again, gently, trying to make it appear that she was no more than a bird looking to get in.

Slowly he leaned over and unlatched the window, opening it and allowing her to fly in.

Immediately she noticed the demon soaring overhead, and without thought, she soared up, claws outstretched, beak open, and tore into the demon, killing it before it could make a sound.

She landed then on the edge of the futon, the hanyou’s wide eyes upon her as they stared at one another.

Finally, after several minutes of silence, he reached a hand over and, of all the things he could have done, he gently stroked his hand down her head, over her back and along her wing.

She mentally glared, but refrained from moving or doing anything to startle him. If she were ever to speak to him, to reveal herself, she would first have to gain his trust.

So she sat where she sat, gazing steadily at him, and him at her, letting his trembling fingers stroke down her feathers, time seeming to stop so there was nothing but them in that moment, nothing but her staring into his eyes, lulling him into a sense of security.

The spell was broken as the faint sound of footsteps reached her ears, and she immediately tensed, spreading her wings and lifting into the air and out the window before the hanyou had a chance to respond.

She perched on a tree a good distance away where the priestess would be unlikely to detect her and waited.

Waited until it would be safe to return. Waited until it would be safe to reveal herself.

END