InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Unknown ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: Lol, hey everyone, sorry for taking so long.

I haven’t stopped writing, I’ve just been too lazy to update.

Gomen for my sloth period.

To make up for it, I’m gonna give you five-- count em five -- updates today. Lol, do you think you can forgive me now? ^_^

-InuKagome4 - Well, I don’t know what I’ll do if she doesn’t! Lol, it’ll be really complicated I suppose, but I’ve been told on more than one occasion that Amaya’s very complicated in herself, so you never know. -- Lol, I was wondering if someone would catch onto that. I do weird things like that all the time-- just to see how much attention people are actually paying. It’s nice to know someone noticed. ^_^

-Ms Smith - Lol, than you’re going to love this, cause I’ve got four more chapters coming up right after this one. ^_^

Thanks to all of my reviewers-- sorry for the delay!

DISCLAIMER - I own Amaya and the story. THAT’S IT! All the other characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi-- I make no money off of any of this.   ~*~   Unknown

Inuyasha blinked in confusion as the large, beautiful bird suddenly took off out the window, then tensed, his ears twitching to catch the sound of footsteps outside his door.

He stared at the door, eyes glancing at the ceiling where the demon should still have been circling had the bird not killed it, then back to the door. The priestess had not been cruel to him yet, had been gentle and kind in fact, but he did not know how she would react if she came in and thought he had killed her servant.

The footsteps paused for a moment, then continued, and Inuyasha let out the breath he didn’t know he was holding, not entirely sure why he was so nervous, only knowing that if Kikyo came through that door, something bad would happen.

A breeze filled the room, the scent of the past rain fresh and strong upon it, and Inuyasha shivered slightly in his thin clothing, reaching up to latch the window.

He drew back with a small cry of surprise when the bird flew back in, whizzing right past his hand, the soft feathers on the edge of its wing brushing swiftly against him as the bird flew in, circled the room once, then landed upon the back of the chair Kikyo always sat on when she came to visit with him.

Inuyasha stared at the bird for a moment, all his senses standing on end.

There was something... not quite right about it. It didn’t feel the way a normal bird should have, and it certainly didn’t act like one.

He gazed at it for a moment, and it looked back at him with sharp, knowing eyes, the kind that no bird should have possessed.

Finally, after a seconds hesitation, he said ‘Who are you?’

The bird blinked and stared at him, not answering, and Inuyasha felt a moments uncertainty, had he been wrong? Was this really just some curious bird coming to find shelter from the previous storm perhaps?

But then the bird flutter down from the chair, landing gracefully on the floor before taking a few steps into the middle of the room, and spreading its wings.

Inuyasha thought it was going to leave again, and he started forward, not wanting it too, for it was the only company he had had other than Kikyo, but he stopped, eyes wide, as a small whirlwind surrounded the bird, wrapping around it and blocking it from view, growing rapidly in size.

After a moment, however, it disappeared, and in the place where the bird should have been stood a tall, elegant woman, with dark hair and clothes, and eyes that matched those of the bird.

Inuyasha stared up at her in wonder and confusion, for some reason not feeling frightened of this strange woman.

She stares at him calculatingly for a moment, before saying, her voice low, dark, and silky. ‘Your name is Inuyasha, is it not?’

He hesitated a moment, wondering if he should tell her, before nodding, his eyes watching as she stared at him and slowly smiled.

‘Hello, Inuyasha.’ She said slowly. ‘My name is Amaya. And I have some news for you... of someone you hold very deeply.’

Inuyasha perked his ears. Who could this woman possibly be talking about? He didn’t recognise her, and he certainly couldn’t think of anyone he knew and cared about deeply. So then who?

She paused and stared at him. ‘You do not remember, little hanyou, do you?’ She asked slowly, and Inuyasha’s ears drooped slightly, as he shook his head. She sighed. ‘I thought not. That priestess is keeping you here for reasons other than your well-being, or you could have remembered long ago.’

Inuyasha frowned in confusion at her words, and she shook her head.

‘Never mind. For now that is not important.’ She glanced around at the chair and moved toward it, gracefully setting herself down and folding her hands in her lap, the nails talons like his own, only dark and black.

‘Now will you hear me out?’ She asked, and Inuyasha stared at her for a moment, before nodding eagerly, and she smiled her dark smile, the stain on her lips darker than he had ever seen before... at least, that he could remember.

‘Good’ She said, settling more comfortably in the chair. ‘Now tell me, little puppy, do you hold any meaning or memories of the name... Kagome.’