InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chained ❯ Time to Let it Go ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: Okay, I’m happy to say I’m in a better mood than yesterday. Sorry to everyone about that, but it’s been a very long week. >_<

I know I was thinking about the song “Let it go” by Freddy(?) when I wrote this, so that could be considered theme music I guess, but it doesn’t entirely fit in with this chapter.

Okay, to the Reviewers (Thanks-- you guys have been so tolerant of my little rants!):

-InuKagome4 - Lol, well maybe he doesn’t totally remember everything yet, but he’s getting there, isn’t he? All I gotta say is, it’s just a good thing I like Kagome more than I like Kikyo, or I’d probably have to be mean to her in this fic. As to milking cow, you probably didn’t think that much about it because it’s not something someone would put that much thought into. We’ve been doing it for hell knows how long haven’t we? But seriously, what was that person thinking? As that one guy said “Did he just take a look at those things and go ‘Hey! I think I’ll pull on these and drink the first thing that comes out!’?” Then again, I don’t think he would have been labelled a pervert... a genius probably for discovering milk like that... But that leads to a different, far more drastic question, that is similar in topic-- who the hell first thought it would be a good idea to eat eggs?

-Ms Smith - Lol, I take it you’re a Miroku Sango lover? Sorry I have to torture them like this, but it’s not in my nature to not be sadistic toward my fav characters. ^_^

 

DISCLAIMER - You know the drill. Own the story and OC. Nothing else.   ~*~   Time to Let it Go

‘I’m not going to let you go, Inuyasha.’ Kikyo‘s soft voice reached his ears, and Inuyasha forced himself not to tense, because the woman clearly thought he was asleep. ‘I promise I’ll never let you leave me again.’ Inuyasha’s mind whirled at her words as he felt her body go lax against him, and tears rose unbidden in his eyes as his confused mind muddled over her words.

She couldn’t be serious... could she?

No... she couldn’t be... he loved Kagome... not her, Kagome!

Inuyasha’s mind spun as tears of agony cascaded in tiny rivers down his face, his mind and heart torn between what he had known, what he had lost and regained, and what he now had, what he wanted to have, he knew he couldn’t stay with this woman.

She had meant something to him in the past.

But now, that’s exactly what she was.

And he couldn’t go back there, not when the future was finally starting to appear before him in a way that did not seem intent on hurting him.

He knew the quest for Kagome and everyone’s freedom would be dangerous, that he would probably fail, but he wanted it back, he wanted it all back, and that included the people he had unwillingly lost because of Naraku.

And even though Kikyo was one of those people, she was also one of the ones who had tried to take those people away from him. And he couldn’t let her do that.

He wouldn’t be able to live if he lost them all again.

But in order to gain them, he had to give up her.

And now, after all that he had been through, even though it caused the newly awakened older part of him a great deal of agony, he knew he was willing to do that. He was willing to, after all these years, finally let her go.

Because this was his life.

And he wouldn’t let anyone-- not even Kikyo-- take it away from him. Not ever again.

And if it meant he had to hurt her to accomplish that, then so be it.

Because he is life, and she is death, and those to things cannot coincide together-- one would always smother the other.

And if it was Kikyo’s plan to smother him, then he sure as hell wasn’t going down without a fight.

Because he wanted to live.

And he would live.

Because everyone had a right to life...Even him...

And no one had the right to take it away. Especially not someone who had already died. Of this, he was sure.

Every so gently, Inuyasha pushed to body of the sleeping woman off of him and slipped from the bed, moving toward the window, silently wishing Amaya was here to help him.

He didn’t call for her though.

If he did, Kikyo would waken, and then their plan would be ruined.

So he simply sat on the edge of the window, staring off into the night sky and waited for the woman he had once loved to wake up.

His mind was pounding with confusion, but his heart was clear and certain: He loved Kagome, he always had, and he always would, and that, if he did not get to her soon, his entire being might shatter from the mere force of the idea that he was not with her.

He would have to tell Amaya, get her to find a way to get him away from here, and soon, because he couldn’t cope with the idea of not seeing Kagome for who knows how long.

Hardening his resolve, his eyes darkened to a deep shade of gold as he stared out at the moon, which was in it’s last stage, signifying the end of the month. It occurred to him that he did not even know what day it was, let alone the month, and a low growl of anger slipped from his throat before he could stop it.

He glanced at Kikyo, but she did not even so much as shift, and he let out a small sigh of relief.

He was angry at that woman for keeping him locked away, for trying to make him forget and keep him entirely dependant on her, but for the moment he could do nothing.

Nothing but wait.

Because it was time to let it go.

He leaned back and stared out at the sky, his eyes unconsciously drifting closed and, before he even realised that he was tired, he was soon fast asleep, having strange dreams of Kagome riding on a giant eagle-like bird, both of them surrounded by a strange purplish light as they pierced through what seemed to be an eternity of darkness... the only light for miles and miles around...

END